Still loving my results! - Virginia, VA

Pros: Pain Free, Completely flat and no wrinkles...

Pros: Pain Free, Completely flat and no wrinkles around my navel

Cons: None thus far

I am 28 years old, 5'1" and 112 pounds. I decided to get a mim tummy tuck because I didn't like the appearance of my stomach after having 3 children. My navel was my biggest problem area and I've always wanted to get it fixed after I finished having children. I didn't have much skin but my skin puckered and had wrinkles around my navel. I was really nervous about getting it done because I've read that not too many people have been happy with their results. Before I decided to get it done I worked out a lot to get to where I wanted to be. I wanted to know exactly how my stomach was going to look once I've reached my goal.

When I went for my first consultation she explained everything single thing to me. I asked everything and she answered everything. There was no rushing or anything, she really took her time to make sure this is what I wanted to do. She initially told me that she would just pull the skin at the bottom of my navel and my navel wouldn't be detached. I went home and thought about and I knew I wouldn't be happy because the skin at the top wouldn't be touched. I didn't have enough skin for a full so the mini was my only option. My abs were already tight so she didn't need to tighten them and I didn't need lipo. So I called her back about a week later and expressed my concerns. She told me to come back in so we could discuss other options. I went back and she told me she could detach my navel and it would be lowered then perform the tuck. I was happy with knowing everything would be smoothed out.

I got it done on Aug 12, everything went well. She said I didn't even bleed that much. Slept a lot after I got home. I woke up later that night to eat because I was expecting to be in a lot of pain but I wasn't. I just new the pain would hit me any minute. Nope, never experienced any pain at all.

The next morning I took the bandages off and I was immediately happy. I was swollen but not uncomfortable. I had hernia repair surgery in February so I already had a compression garment and I've been wearing it faithfully to help with swelling.

I know I'm still in the healing process but so far I'm happy and very glad that I decided to get it done.

im not sure you're being honest about your doctor's name. i looked her name up as well in fairfax, va. and dr. elizabeth garreau comes up as obstetrician/gynecologist. did you actually have work done? really, what is the dr's name and location. it would help other mom's who have the same frame as your frame, who excercise and really take care of themselves but, have the after pregnancy, c-section concerns.
i have to apoplogize to you. i actually did further research and found that the dr. you mentioned is an ob/gyn but, who also does mini tummy tucks. your work looked so great i thought maybe angel 1981 is not being honest. you honestly have the best work ive seen yet. however, i do realize that you cant be a sedentary person and necessarily get the results that you have. i have been inspired to get the work done. ive made a consult appt w/dr. garreau and her office was surprised that she was mentioned. thanks!
Yes ma'am that is my doctor and I was completely honest in my review about my experience and my doctor. I did workout a lot...before the surgery I made sure I lost all the weight that I needed to lose, and then see how my tummy would look once I was at my desired weight. I hope everything works out well with you and I hope you get the results you want. She is amazing at what she does. Good luck!

Oct 12, 2012 2 years later and still loving my...

Oct 12, 2012

2 years later and still loving my results. My stomach has tightened and abs have popped over the years due to weight training and healthy diet. I can barely see the scar...which I wasn't too worried about because it is VERY low. I couldn't be happier!

I love your results!
This may be a duplicate comment, but can you send me the contact info for your surgeon? I'm 5'4 110lbs with a lot of loose skin around the abdomen and a c-section scar after my big head child. My stomach is flat when I stand up but wrinkles like an elephant when I'm bending over. I live in NY but I haven't seen results as good as yours. I'm hoping to get the work done within the next 6-8 months depending on my schedule.

I get a lot of questions about my scar so I wanted...

I get a lot of questions about my scar so I wanted to update....
First off my scar is super super low, too low to take a pic without showing everything else. It's about 5 inches long, I am able to wear a Brazilian bikini bottom without it showing...that's how low it is.
Because she detached my navel she was able pull the skin above my navel downwards to make everything smooth. I know that's not common in mini's but that's what she did to achieve the results I wanted.
From the time I got the surgery until now I've never had any complications.
I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I know this hasn't been updated in a year but I keep coming back to your pics bc they are the closes to my own stomach, but unfortunately I have a little more wrinkling and puckering around my navel. What I'm really interested in is your dr bc she isn't a plastic surgeon, as far as I can tell at least. I'm wondering if you happen to see this if you could tell me more about that. How did you come across her and do other Dr's in her field do the same procedure? I'm thinking bc yours was literally just skin it was a bit more straight forward. I'm also thinking that is the reason for the great price as well. I would love to hear more about your Dr if you see this please contact me at Helena39@aol.com. Your results are amazing!!!
Thank you. I've known her and have been going to her since I was 18, I'm in my 30's now. I recently visited her office and she is closing down her practice. Not sure if she'll still be doing these procedures at the new office she will be working at.
Is she just a primary care dr?? I though I would ask around in my area. I'm thinking a dermatologist also might be able to do it. I'm just curious what kind of Dr other then a plastic surgeon could do a tummy tuck and have it look as great as yours. Thanks for the reply.
Dr. Elizabeth Garreau

She is very friendly, thorough and makes sure you fully understand everything before making any decisions.