The Worst Mistake of My Life That Doesn't Go Away - Midlothian, VA

I stupidly had I-braces put on my front upper and...

I stupidly had I-braces put on my front upper and lower teeth. All I wanted was two lower teeth straightened and one upper canine moved forward a bit. $5,500 for twelve teeth. I didn't need the upper teeth done at all except for that aforementioned one, but the "orthodontist" claimed it had to be done so the bite would be correct. What a crock. I had this life-depleting horror done in August of 2008; developed a speech impediment which I still have, and these Dr. Mengelian torture devices were removed (the upper unnecessary ones) almost two years ago; my front two upper teeth are always hurting and feel too tight; I feel like they're now protruding and friends and relatives agree; and I feel like I'm oversalivating. As a result, I have to take nerve pain meds to get through life as a zombie.

Please don't let any orthodontists claim that they know what they're doing with lingual braces -- they're horrible and will ruin your life.

Did u hear about the incognito braces. They are designed to make it more comfortable to wear... But you also say you have permanent damage to your teeth.. How this could happened?
Hello. Dr. Mengele is a reference to the Nazi physician who committed horrid experiments. If I were you, I wouldn't undergo lingual braces applied by a certified or non-certified ortho. If you do decide to undergo this torture, do not pay up front.
Hi ruined life, i am considering ibraces as well.. But i tried to find dr Mengelian on their website as an certified provider but he is not there.... I think he was just a uncertified dentist...

Check out your orthodontist thoroughly (Litigation? Complaints on line? Complaints to a state medical board?) and never succumb to lingual braces. There's a reason why few people undergo this horror -- there are few experienced orthodontists, if any, who know what they're doing with lingual braces. The one I stupidly chose should not be allowed to ruin one more person's life. Not only did I spend a small fortune for misery that doesn't stop except with zombie-producing nerve pain meds, but relatives and friends as well as I know my teeth looked better before this malpractice.