Horrible Experience with Dysport - Caused Vomiting and Dizziness

I tried Dysport as an alternative to Botox. Just...

I tried Dysport as an alternative to Botox. Just hours after the injection I was vomiting and dizzy. The symptoms worsened as the week went on. It's now been one full week and I am trying to cope with double vision, and swollen eyes. I was so scared, having never experienced anything like this, I ended up in the ER. The doctor in the ER concluded that yes my symptoms were direct results of the Dysport, spreading to unwanted areas. The only option I have is to wait out these side effects.

My injector was a board certified physician, I believe this product may be faulty. Please take this nightmare into consideration before trying this product.

I am not sure how I feel about the provider. He did not relay the possible side effects to me when I directly asked him. I was given a pamphlet as I was leaving the office, about the product.

How to report to FEDERAL DRUG
I have read all of these posts and I, myself have had the same reactions to Dysport. Has anyone gotten any answers on why this is happening to us? I also want to know if anyone has had Botox and was fine from that but only had bad reactions from Dysport?
I did the same thing. In the future I will do my own researh but has far as injecting any type of toxins in my body I will use topicals and get get good facials. I was damn near blind for 2 months and dizzy to the point of being able to do nothing but sit. But, for those looking for some good news I am good now. Just got lots of rest and did eye exercises to strenghten the muscles. I have crows feet coming back in and I LOVE THEM. Much rather have them then to suffer the way I did for vanity. I will just hang around peopl that are 10 years older than me so I still feel young looking LOL. Net me not forget the most important thing I did and it was pray , pray ,pray pray. I had every body I know praying for me as well as prayer sites on the internet. I wish you all the best and just do not forget to pray, pray, pray~!
OMG...I had injections for crows fee on 08/14. I am so dizzy and my visison is so blurred, Please some one please tell me this will pass. I can't do anything. I have missed so much work. Don't have company , don't go out just sit in a chair I pray that this will pass. If anyone person can say this will pass it will give me hope and I think I may begin to feel better or at least less scared, If you the systems did pass please please let me know.
hi there I am desperately interested in joining you to find reason for the way my body is acting up after dysport a year ago I have very bad vertigo and vision .change I am in Perth Australia where are you?? kind regards Heidi
how is everyone now,, i too am having reactions to dysport, would love to hear how everyone is doin,,
I am shocked to find all these posts with my symptoms listed. I have not had the nausea that others have experienced but terrible headaches, numb and painful feet, numb and painful hands up to my shoulders and terrible fatigue. My doctor has tested me for Lupus, Arthritis, Lymes disease and everything has come back negative except my autoimmune is positive and my B12 was off the charts low. I plan to contact my Dr. tomorrow with these comments from everyone. Hopefully he will have some suggestions or be willing do research the problems with Dysport. Like the others, I am sorry to hear of everyones problems from Dysport but so happy to find out I am not alone. I had started to feel better (my previous injection was wearing off) only to get a new injection and I feel horrible again with the symptoms starting all over again. How I wish I would have seen this before I was injected again.
Duh!
Here's the link:
Hi Everyone,
I realized I can post a link to the FDA Adverse Event Report from my Dropbox. You can download the PDF and share the link with others.

Also, Groupon is offering a Groupon for Dysport. I emailed them asking them to remove this offer from their site. If you would all send a quick email to them I think that would force them to take notice... Just Google "Groupon Contact Us" to find their email address.

Wishing everyone health!

Remember to email me if you want to join the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT I'm putting together. I have had TWO ladies contact me. I need more, so please just shoot me a quick email here on Real Self. I apologize for including my personal email in my previous post - I didn't realize it was violating community guidelines!

Thanks,
AJ
Hi Ladies,
I'm STILL sick TWO years to the day after my Dysport injection.
The FDA sent me a FOURTEEN page document listing people's adverse reactions to Dysport, including 14 DEATHS. I'm happy to email the FDA document to anyone that wants it.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!
I'm looking for others that are sick to join me in a class action lawsuit. Please PLEASE email me at:
thecherriesrock@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
AJ
hi AJ How are you doing??? I am still feeling lost and wonder about the dysport Ihad last year. would love to read the FDA documents you have ,how can I get hold of them?? kindly heidi
Hi Heidi, I'm so-so. Just trying to get through every day. Super exhausted. I'm sorry you're feeling bad. This Dysport sickness is the WORST. Wishing you improved health. -AJ I just tried to post the link to the FDA report, but I'm getting an error message that links aren't allowed in my comment... If you scroll up to my earlier comments, the dropbox link is in one of them. If you can't find it, send me a private email message.
Hi VERY SICK wow I hope your feeling better, I wonder the same thing, I was feeling better then I was super sick in NOV 2011 chills nausea stomach ache headache that went off and on for six months more tests $ 4000. out of pocket expense and I have great medical insurance! I kid you not! I couldn't believe Could it be DSYPORT MIGRATING to another part of the body like your abdomen....OMG , Now I had just a drop of DYSPORT injected to see if I was allergic, could DYSPOrt be so dangeorous and poisonous that it could take you to your death bed one has to wonder??. Take charcoal pills to pull the toxic Dysport out of your system and drink water with 1 t natural organic apple cider Vinger as much as possible,
I am so sorry soloist it has been 9 months since my injection and feel the same way you do I feel absolutely horrible all the time palpatations neck pain and i can feel the spots on my head where it spread too. Im have nausea all the time but cant throw up because my neck muscles arent working right I have stomach pains chest pains everything in my body hurts I am so upset. will the antitoxins not work for this
Soloist, I have tried acupuncture, detox massage therapy, lymphatic drainage massage to release toxins. Drink TONS of water to minimize relapsing as the toxins clear out.

There's some info here... http://www.livestrong.com/article/271614-massage-therapy-chemical-detoxification/#ixzz1a9ZgoIMF
Soloist, I also think since you had such a staggering amount-150 units maybe there was a leftover "pocket" imbedded in your muscle fiber that just now got free and is working it's way out! This Poisoinis toxin is almost out of your system! Hang in there.
Hi soloist so sorry to hear about your relapse. What a nightmare this has been. I remember my horrific recovery at times knowing this poison was making it way through each system in my body. I could not take anything without being over stimulated. I did find however, solaray 25 a very simple detox pill. Mostly apple pectin and Irish moss and just a few others. It really helped me. I know just about anything sends you reeling right now but hang in there. You've been through this before and survived! This will pass sooner. Also try soaking at a hot springs with mineral tubs. I tolerated them but not my own bath water. Keep it plain and simple. I'm truly sorry and will pray for you.
thx i am taking apple pectin. how did the detox help you...did you feel it sooner rather than later? i have been through this before but nothing this bad. and i keep getting worse every day. i am so very scared for my life.....please pray. thank you.
I remember you, myself and one other victim from DC went through this at the same time. It took me months to recover fully. I was so sensitive to everything it was as if a cruel joke was being done to " plug and unplug" my central nervous system. Please try the solaray 25 detox with lots if pure water and soak in the tub as much as you can. Take that time to concentrate on the healing power of water and let it all go away from your body. Go get an ANA blood test to to rule out autoimmune. I'm sure you had one before the relapse but I'd do it again. I will be thinking of you as I remember how devastating this feels. You are lucky to be alive and you will fully recover. It's just so scary. But you are going to be fine.
I am 18 month post injectino from Dysport and I have had a horrible relapse of symptoms. I got better and felt almost back to normal at one year...but I am now 100% relapsed and am worse than ever. I haven't beeen able to work for over a month, am completely homebound, have horrible head and ear pressure, head cramps, muscle spasms to the point where I have seizures and episodes similar to having cerebral palsy, sensitiviy issues to noise and light, can't go outside, sick to my stomach, nerve pain, numbness....I seriously think that I am going to die and quite honestly during the worst waves would rather be. I don't know what has happened....I feel that the toxin has somehow moved to another part of my brain and has affected me all over again. I was put into the hospital 2 weeks ago and was given a saline IV....when it was inserted I immediately felt a burning and tingling sensation in my forehead and my head and ears got numb. It felt that I got injected all over again. It could be that it aggravated the nerve sensitivities that I hadn't really recouperated from the injection. I am sensitive to medications as a result of the injection and so am unable to take antiinflammatories or anti anxiety or antidepressents...it seems to make the symptoms worse. But I am desparate to try it again. Am wondering if anyone has had any luck with treatments. I have been to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago and Cleveland Clinic....no one has answers or offers any solutions. Any suggestinos or words of encouragement would be helpful. I don't think I have read anyone on here that has been this bad at this point in recovery.

Can u send me a message how u are now? ***************.com

Thanks for sharing your nightmare, I hope you recover fast. You will feel better, believe that and you win half the battle. I only had minor symptoms (thank God) and will never do this again. My face looks great and I feel 10 years younger but it's not worth it health-wise. I am 43, had 20 units of Dysport on frown and eyes, no complications and felt great for 5 days. Doctor said the wrinkles will star smoothing on day 7 and completely by day 14. She also said no side effects, totally safe, blah, blah. She did say though to avoid laying down for 4 hours after the injections to avoid migrating to other areas. And said Dysport and Botox are not safe around the mouth, cheeks, etc because the results don't look good/natural. On day 6, nausea and dizziness. Day 8, pain in the bridge of the nose. Nausea again after 1 week, dizziness continued every day for 2 weeks, headaches on and off . I saw my primary care physician, he had not heard nausea and dizziness were side effects, but believed it could be possible as this drug affects the central nervous system. The nurse called Quest to find a blood test to detect Botox or Dysport and there is none, but a chemical test was possible to detect the ingredients in the formula. This was last week, day 14, and the next day I felt 70% better just like that with no treatment. I believe having someone believing in you and telling you it will wear out makes a real difference. Today is day 21 and I feel 95% better, just little dizzy some days. I'm seeing the doctor this Thursday and will know the blood results. Will keep you posted.
Fiasco at the doctor's office. There was no blood test done to look for Dysport's formula/ingredients, my symptoms are almost gone (thank God) on their own.

Hello ladies I am absolutely in awe upon reading all of the problems going on related to dysoport. I am a nurse injector RN in a doctors office I have been using botox for over 4 years and love its effects. Our office was offered samples of Dysport in May of 2011. At that time I received 15 units to each eye to treat crows feet (first time ever treating crows feet). Several days later I noticed hard knots at the injection site and mild facial swelling. Approximately 2 weeks later I received Dysport to my glabella 30 Units. 6 days later I had progressed to severe facial and eye swelling. Everything I had used in terms of fillers surfaced and dysfigured my face. I have been on Prednisone every day since then. 4 months later I can not weane myself off this medication without swelling in cheeks occuring. I have seen an allergist and have had lab test done. I feel tired, my thinking is unclear at times, I can't exercise and I don't look the same anymore. I could not get much response from the Dysport company. I was told that I basically was going to have to do my own research and reach out to other doctors for help on my own. I am desperately seeking more information.

I was I could help you. I had a nightmare amount (150 units) of Dysport to my forehead and between my brows 1.5 years ago. I have never been the same. I improved at one year...but then had a bout of slight food poisoning and 2 weeks later broke my toe....my body I think had an inflammatory reaction and I have been 100% symptomatic again ever since. My face and eyes are swollen as well...and my muscles are spasming to the point where I at times look like I have cerebral palsy. I have not found any medications to help me. I would think with the smaller amount that you have had you will improve with time. If you find anythihng else that helps through your own experience or research please share. Thanks much.