Boobs on Board and LOVING IT - Virginia

I am 39 and mommy to five kids. Yep...FIVE! I...

I am 39 and mommy to five kids. Yep...FIVE! I recently had breast augmentation and am VERY happy with the result. My doctor is Thomas DeWire in Virginia and he is AMAZING! He was very honest about what to expect and he exceeded my expectations. I chose breast implants to get back what I lost through breastfeeding.

I LOVED breastfeeding my children...it was a special time in my life. It felt good to give them this gift, and at the age of 39 I felt it was time to give myself the gift of fuller breasts, like I'd had prior to my children. I was a 34 A/B before surgery, and am now a 34D (or 36 C depending on the bra). My surgery was yesterday, March 13th, and I am recovering well with minimal pain but a fair amount of bruising (Yikes!) I welcome any and all questions, and I have alot of tips I'd love to share. Massage is the KEY to a great recovery, and I have found ways to make this more tolerable. I followed some great women on this site who's blogs were very helpful, and I'd love to help others contemplating breast augmentation.

Forgot to tell everyone my implant stats: I had...

Forgot to tell everyone my implant stats:

I had Mentor Smooth Moderate Profile implants, 375 cc's on my left and 425cc's on my right. (more CC's on the right because I had some assymetry. Now I am very symmetrical!) Incision was transaxillary and implant was placed under the muscle.

Hello everyone! I am going to try to get my...

Hello everyone!

I am going to try to get my photos uploaded here if I can figure out how to do it from my phone. I'd love to show you all what to expect in the days following surgery.

I am now day six and have a follow up tomorrow. I am doing really well :) I had some bruising that showed up one day post op and it was DARK bruising. Believe it or not, it doesnt bother me much. The thing that DOES bother me are these darned "zingers". When your tissue is stretched your nerves are stretched too and you get numbness that is temporary. Then a few days later the nerves "wake up" and sometimes this means getting "zingers", which is a shooting/burning sensation. I used to freeze up and say "ow ow ow" when that happened, but I learned that if I force myself to do a massage when that happens that the pain stops MUCH faster, and the massages are also helping me heal much faster.

I havent dropped yet, but my left side has moved down a little. My left side is also softer and a little less swollen than my right. I'm told its normal for the right side to be like this...Not sure why though :)

I was told I could shower beginning day one post op and it feels AWESOME to let the hot water hit my muscles. It loosens them up. I usually massage in the shower.

I have been doing fairly normal activity (went to a parade with the kids yesterday) but I do find that I get tired much easier and if I do too much I get REALLY sore. I'm allowed to pick up my kids but for now I'm not doing that...I just don't want to do too much and want my body to just heal.

If anyone has any questions let me know! I'm going to try to do a video update but, again, I have to figure out how to do this from my phone.

I'll update again later!!! So far I am VERY happy that I did this!!! And I HIGHLY recommend you find a doctor who does the trans ax incision...this means they dont have to cut through the muscle and if you can avoid that you DEFINITELY should.

Hello everyone! I am 10 days post op and yesterday...

Hello everyone! I am 10 days post op and yesterday and today I didnt even need my Ibuprofen. I took two Percocet as soon as I went home from surgery (it works GREAT if combined with an Ibuprofen because Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory. Inflammation alone will cause pain, and Percocet can't help that, so they work hand in hand to REALLY keep you comfortable.

I was having some really painful zingers on my right side boob from day 4 to 7, but I massaged, massaged, massaged despite the pain and I am SO glad I did, because it is completely gone and has been for a couple of days now.

I continued with Ibuprofen to help with soreness but really dont feel the need for it anymore.

ADVICE- if you take pain meds start taking a stool softner the FIRST evening (I took 2 to 3 per night) and you won't get backed up. If you wait until you are backed up you are in some trouble!! Major abdominal discomfort. When you stop the pain meds you can stop the stool softener.

I continue massaging every two hours and I will have to wear my bra 24/7 for one more week. After that I'm not sure how often I have to wear a bra, but I know my massages will only be required three times per day instead of every two hours (I massage every two hours during the day...I don't have to get up at night).

Ok, this may be TMI for some, but I get the "when can we have sex?" question alot. Last night hubby and I had some hubba hubba. I took a photo of myself in lingerie and I was SO HAPPY. I decided to take some racy photos for hubby and found that it turned me on just as much as him! I definitely feel more womanly and sexy, and that is a HUGE bonus! I warned hubby to NOT touch the girls because they are still VERY tender to the touch. I can touch/massage them, but if someone else does I'm very sensitive to it. I had a transax incision so hubby got to play with the nipples, but I warned him that if he squeezed he was a dead man, LOL. Both of us can't wait until I am totally healed and we can go crazy! LOL

I have dropped a little bit, I think, but its hard for me to tell. I am currently measuring 34D and hoping I stay that size.

My stitches came out last Monday, the 19th and I waited until last night to shave. I had to be very careful because the area where I was stitched is still risen and I didnt want to cut that, but it felt good to shave again and my incisions are almost completely invisible already! Its awesome!

I am feeling much better and the only thing is that I still have to be very careful about being bumped. My 3 year old accidentlly bumped my left breast and it hurt like a mother!!! I let out a cry and it made her cry...poor baby. I had to console her and let her know that it was an accident and mommy is just fine :)

I have been able to carry my kids since about 5 days post op but I didnt do much of that because I just wanted to take it easy. My doc said its fine,but I waited until day 7 to really start carrying them again...I just have to be careful not to get bumped, but even when I do (and sometimes I do) it isnt too terrible.

Well, thats all I can think of for now. I was FINALLY able to post pics! The after pics are only 4 days post op so I will try to get some 10 day post op pics up this weekend :)

Hi all! Guess what? I slept on my side last...

Hi all!

Guess what? I slept on my side last night? Yee Haw! I was happy about this becuase I'm usually a side sleeper. It is funny how things change so suddenly. Just the night before I tried to sleep on my side and my left side was ok but my right side was not playing along at all. I tried again last night and the left was fine. When I went to go to my right I expected to be very uncomfortable, but I realized I was able to. Pretty cool!

I still haven't dropped much. I've dropped lower than I was after surgery, of course, and they are getting much softer, but I just keep massaging. My left breast is actually pretty soft with some firmness, but my right is still pretty firm. Not like a rock at all, just some firmness. I'm able to squeeze and it squeezes right in, it's just firm to the soft touch. I think they may have gotten a little bit closer together too. My doc is careful not to try and make a pocket too wide for cleavage. Puts you at high risk of symmastia doing that. Besides, if your breasts didnt have cleavage without a bra before you shouldnt expect it after. It just looks strange! Boobs should only squish together when a bra puts them that way :)

My bruising is pretty much gone and I am cleared to start exercising today! Three days ago I told my husband " I might be cleared to exercise in three days but I dont think I will". But I did some exercise today with a sports bra and it didnt hurt at all. I think it was more of me being mentally afraid it would hurt, but it really didnt. I did an aerobics DVD and just avoided the really high jumping, instead doing smaller jumps. I probably could have jumped higher, but I've got that little mental block still so I'm easing my way into it.

I dont know if this is ok for all women after BA. Maybe if they cut through the muscle they will tell you to wait longer, but in my case its ok.

Overall, I am still very happy and VERY much looking forward to the changes coming this next week or two. Can't wait!!!!

Hello everyone! I had a busy week but am here...

Hello everyone!

I had a busy week but am here with another update :) I am one month post op tomorrow and I feel pretty great! I have one spot that is still a little tender but otherwise I'm good. I slept on my stomach the other night and although I was worried it was fine. I sleep on my side fine with very little discomfort, and best of all, the ole sex life is back in FULL SWING! Actually BETTER than before, partially because of the new "toys", LOL. I am SO HAPPY I did this and can't believe I waited so long!!! What was I thinking?

I started exercising a week ago and can run, etc. I dont do push ups yet becuase I dont want to push it too much, but jumping, running, sit ups, etc are all fine. It feels GREAT to be active again :)

I am very happy with my size too :) I can play them up to be really big and saucy if I want, but in my every day clothes i just look perfectly balanced! And let me just say it's nice to know I can exercise, firm up and NOT lose my boobs, LOL.

If anyone has questions for me let me know. I will post some new pics !

I did push ups! Didnt hurt at all. It was a little...

I did push ups! Didnt hurt at all. It was a little difficult mentally because when do push ups the muscles engage and I'm so used to baby-ing them, but it went fine. I do the Insanity work out, so you can imagine how hard I push myself. I just listen to my body and if something hurts I back off a bit. And I wear a good sports bra to hold the girls so they dont bounce too much.

And...I ordered a bikini. I'm so jazzed to have ordered this simple string bikini and know I have BOOBS to fill it out. I always thought having implants would mean looking better but sacrificing my activities, but that's not true in this case. I am VERY pleased.

I'm thinking of visiting Victoria's Secret next week to finally use that gift card. That should be FUN!
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dr. DeWire is VERY honest about what to expect. He explains all the pros and cons and what I love the most about him is his approach...he will go as large as your tissue will alllow him while still looking natural. He will not push your tissue to the point of looking too tight and fake. Check out his web site for some before and afters...he is AMAZING!

Hey jen~ you look wonderful! Just wanted to say your PS did a great job and the photo with necklace is lovely. CONGRATS!!!! thanks for sharing your story:-)
Jensey, they are looking very natural and settled in~
Looks like your PS did a great job, they are gorgeous!
Thank you!!!
You are awesome! I loved reading your review! I am 3 days post op and probably should start massaging the girls! Any specific technic you suggest?
I do massage two ways, both suggested by my PS. One is the squeeze from the bottom, thereby displacing the implant and pushing it upward. The other is to simply push from the bottom upward. However, I did not have an incision below the breast and am not sure if you do. Did your PS recommend massage? It would be best to do it the way he showed you.
Thank you, by the way, for your nice words! I remember being on here reading before my procedure and it was SO helpful, so I want to help in return.
Just put a new update and more pics! Hope you are all enjoying spring :)
You look great! I am six days post op and am finally doing well.
Thank you!!!
Glad to hear you are doing well. How is it goind now that you are further out?
Hi, your breast look great. Mine are doing well. Had a f/u today and was instructed to keep massaging since they are still high. Overall doing well.
Feel free to send me any questions you have. I enjoy being able to help. I remember having SO many questions and so little answers :)
You are EXACTLY right. My husband not only loves me as I am, he genuinely was turned on by my natural body. He said a woman who is confident and really enjoys her sex life is THE sexiest thing.....so I know I could lose these implants tomororw and still turn him on completely. It is fun, though, to see him get that WOW look on my face. Every time I'm tempted to say "they'll get better...softer...etc" I dont...because he loves them already. The only thing he says he can't wait for is for them to heal where we can, as he puts it, "go crazy". LOL
Jensey-
Thanks for answering my question so specifically. The internet makes it a little easier to get graphic. I smiled as I read your response, especially when you said your husband was lying about not being a boob man! I am sure he loved you just the same before your surgery but there is absolutely nothing wrong with him being aroused by your newest feature either. At least they are your boobs he is aroused by! Nine days until my surgery so I will see how everything goes for me. I am sure my new body will be helpful for me as well as my husband as far as arousal goes. I know I am looking forward to it partly for that reason.
Hey all!

My doc said the same thing...no getting my heart rate up for two weeks, so the first time we had sex (when I was 9 days post op) we did it missionary and I let him do all the work. At 9 days post op he didnt care..he was just happy to get some, and looking at the new girls was a huge turn on for him, which was awesome. I felt a little self concious because they are still high and firm, but he doesnt care...trust me :)

The next time was actually last night, which put me only 8 hours shy of being 13 days post op. I decided to be on top this time and it didnt get my heart rate up too terribly high (and besides, at that point I was awfully close to my two week mark). I am not as sore now as I was at 9 days post op, but I massage like crazy!

Here is what I discovered...once I got in the mood, and those feelings came over me, I was feeling no pain, LOL. Okay..well...just a little. My hubby still could not grab the right breast because the side boob is really tender, but he could grab (gently) my left which practically sent him into orbit. (I am finding out that all those years my hubby said small or big, boobs are boobs....well, that was a lie. Either that, or he just didnt know what he was missing, because he says "Oh my God" ALOT since the scenery changed, LOL...if you know what I mean.

Anyway, sorry if I'm being too detailed or inappropriate. I'm laughing as I write this because I realize it is MUCH more than I would normally share, but I remember full well what it was like to be nearing my surgery date...I had SO many questions and nobody to get answers from. So feel free to ask me anything! I'm happy to help.

I wanted to ad that although it was 9 days post op before we had sex the first time, I think I would have been ok doing it as early as four days IF my hubby did all the work and didn't touch the girls AT ALL. Of course, a pain pill would have been in my system first, LOL. But at 9 days post op I didnt need a pain pill.

Hope this helps!!
I was just looking at my photos and realized I have NO waist! LOL Tomorrow I can start exercise again, so it's time to get a waist line to go with the new girls!!! I'm SO looking forward to exercising again....yes!
Jensey, You are HILARIOUS!!
Great idea, missionary style and let him do the work. I imagine it is hard for them to wait so long esp. with new boobies in the house! =)
My hubbies the same, he said he's not really a big boob guy, but I'm sure he'll be quite happy with them too!
I appreciated your response. If someone doesn't like the detail, they know to avoid this review- but for those of us who want to know! Yay for us!

So I am going to estimate that for the first week, might be good to lay low. I will see how much pain I'll be in. I'm going under the knife May 11th! Woohoo! I still have to figure out if the sizers I tried on are too BIG for me!
Thanks Scrappy :) Are you going over the muscle or under? Crease, nipple or armpit incision? These things all factor in to post surgery discomfort.
Hi Jensey, I have a review up and some pics if you would like to see my before photos and sizers. I am wondering if they are too big. I'd appreciate any feedback. =) Make sure to read the photo captions.
I am going crease incision, gel silicone, sub pectoral, and about 375-390cc. Starting at Small C. When I lose weight i should get down to a 34 B which is really only another inch diff on what I got now.
He is doing dual plane placement (whatever that really means) but the doc claims that it is less invasive so recovery shouldn't be as bad as some of what other girls had gotten. I hope anyway!
Have you ever heard of the rapid-recovery technique? I really wanted that one, but i dont know who does that locally. That one you can put your arms over your head same day, shopping the day after. Act. the doc told my husband to get me out of the house the next day. Surgery is May 11th. Can't wait!
Again, please let me know your opinion on my sizers.
Hi there!

I saw the photo with the sizers. Definitely do not go any smaller. I promise you will regret it if you do. I know right now it seems like "Wow, these are so much bigger" but the one thing all women who've had a BA can attest to is that you adjust to your new size FAST! Most of us are only two days post op and wishin we were bigger.

The size shown in that photo looks very symmetrical to your body. It does not look too small and does not make you look too top heavy...just a nice hour glass figure look.
My BA is in 12 days and I already know sex is going to be on my husband's mind. So how long was it before you felt ready for sex? I hate to keep him waiting too long. I know he is willing to wait for me to share my breasts with him until they are not in pain but we won't have to wait that long for making love. Do you think several days would be about enough time before I will ready?
Congrats, you look fantastic! Thanks for your review.....very helpful!
Thanks Coloradogal!
I love reading your review, love The fact that u keep it real and talk about EVERYTHING!!!!! LOL the sex topic was on mind I'm 17days post op and I havnt let my boyfriend touch me since..LOL poor guy..LOL anyways I think tonight might b the night tho. My boobs are still sensitive They feel like there burning almost like it feels when u have a rash or something like that. I had areola incision, Altho the doc used glue on the outside so i wouldnt have stitches on the outside they r on the inside and still sensitive, soooo I dont know I guess will c how it goes tonight. First he's taking me out for some drinks to loosen me UP...Lmao. on another note ur looking Really good
Thanks NWME :)