Boobs on Board and LOVING IT - Virginia

I am 39 and mommy to five kids. Yep...FIVE! I...

I am 39 and mommy to five kids. Yep...FIVE! I recently had breast augmentation and am VERY happy with the result. My doctor is Thomas DeWire in Virginia and he is AMAZING! He was very honest about what to expect and he exceeded my expectations. I chose breast implants to get back what I lost through breastfeeding.

I LOVED breastfeeding my children...it was a special time in my life. It felt good to give them this gift, and at the age of 39 I felt it was time to give myself the gift of fuller breasts, like I'd had prior to my children. I was a 34 A/B before surgery, and am now a 34D (or 36 C depending on the bra). My surgery was yesterday, March 13th, and I am recovering well with minimal pain but a fair amount of bruising (Yikes!) I welcome any and all questions, and I have alot of tips I'd love to share. Massage is the KEY to a great recovery, and I have found ways to make this more tolerable. I followed some great women on this site who's blogs were very helpful, and I'd love to help others contemplating breast augmentation.

Forgot to tell everyone my implant stats: I had...

Forgot to tell everyone my implant stats:

I had Mentor Smooth Moderate Profile implants, 375 cc's on my left and 425cc's on my right. (more CC's on the right because I had some assymetry. Now I am very symmetrical!) Incision was transaxillary and implant was placed under the muscle.

Hello everyone! I am going to try to get my...

Hello everyone!

I am going to try to get my photos uploaded here if I can figure out how to do it from my phone. I'd love to show you all what to expect in the days following surgery.

I am now day six and have a follow up tomorrow. I am doing really well :) I had some bruising that showed up one day post op and it was DARK bruising. Believe it or not, it doesnt bother me much. The thing that DOES bother me are these darned "zingers". When your tissue is stretched your nerves are stretched too and you get numbness that is temporary. Then a few days later the nerves "wake up" and sometimes this means getting "zingers", which is a shooting/burning sensation. I used to freeze up and say "ow ow ow" when that happened, but I learned that if I force myself to do a massage when that happens that the pain stops MUCH faster, and the massages are also helping me heal much faster.

I havent dropped yet, but my left side has moved down a little. My left side is also softer and a little less swollen than my right. I'm told its normal for the right side to be like this...Not sure why though :)

I was told I could shower beginning day one post op and it feels AWESOME to let the hot water hit my muscles. It loosens them up. I usually massage in the shower.

I have been doing fairly normal activity (went to a parade with the kids yesterday) but I do find that I get tired much easier and if I do too much I get REALLY sore. I'm allowed to pick up my kids but for now I'm not doing that...I just don't want to do too much and want my body to just heal.

If anyone has any questions let me know! I'm going to try to do a video update but, again, I have to figure out how to do this from my phone.

I'll update again later!!! So far I am VERY happy that I did this!!! And I HIGHLY recommend you find a doctor who does the trans ax incision...this means they dont have to cut through the muscle and if you can avoid that you DEFINITELY should.

Hello everyone! I am 10 days post op and yesterday...

Hello everyone! I am 10 days post op and yesterday and today I didnt even need my Ibuprofen. I took two Percocet as soon as I went home from surgery (it works GREAT if combined with an Ibuprofen because Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory. Inflammation alone will cause pain, and Percocet can't help that, so they work hand in hand to REALLY keep you comfortable.

I was having some really painful zingers on my right side boob from day 4 to 7, but I massaged, massaged, massaged despite the pain and I am SO glad I did, because it is completely gone and has been for a couple of days now.

I continued with Ibuprofen to help with soreness but really dont feel the need for it anymore.

ADVICE- if you take pain meds start taking a stool softner the FIRST evening (I took 2 to 3 per night) and you won't get backed up. If you wait until you are backed up you are in some trouble!! Major abdominal discomfort. When you stop the pain meds you can stop the stool softener.

I continue massaging every two hours and I will have to wear my bra 24/7 for one more week. After that I'm not sure how often I have to wear a bra, but I know my massages will only be required three times per day instead of every two hours (I massage every two hours during the day...I don't have to get up at night).

Ok, this may be TMI for some, but I get the "when can we have sex?" question alot. Last night hubby and I had some hubba hubba. I took a photo of myself in lingerie and I was SO HAPPY. I decided to take some racy photos for hubby and found that it turned me on just as much as him! I definitely feel more womanly and sexy, and that is a HUGE bonus! I warned hubby to NOT touch the girls because they are still VERY tender to the touch. I can touch/massage them, but if someone else does I'm very sensitive to it. I had a transax incision so hubby got to play with the nipples, but I warned him that if he squeezed he was a dead man, LOL. Both of us can't wait until I am totally healed and we can go crazy! LOL

I have dropped a little bit, I think, but its hard for me to tell. I am currently measuring 34D and hoping I stay that size.

My stitches came out last Monday, the 19th and I waited until last night to shave. I had to be very careful because the area where I was stitched is still risen and I didnt want to cut that, but it felt good to shave again and my incisions are almost completely invisible already! Its awesome!

I am feeling much better and the only thing is that I still have to be very careful about being bumped. My 3 year old accidentlly bumped my left breast and it hurt like a mother!!! I let out a cry and it made her cry...poor baby. I had to console her and let her know that it was an accident and mommy is just fine :)

I have been able to carry my kids since about 5 days post op but I didnt do much of that because I just wanted to take it easy. My doc said its fine,but I waited until day 7 to really start carrying them again...I just have to be careful not to get bumped, but even when I do (and sometimes I do) it isnt too terrible.

Well, thats all I can think of for now. I was FINALLY able to post pics! The after pics are only 4 days post op so I will try to get some 10 day post op pics up this weekend :)

Hi all! Guess what? I slept on my side last...

Hi all!

Guess what? I slept on my side last night? Yee Haw! I was happy about this becuase I'm usually a side sleeper. It is funny how things change so suddenly. Just the night before I tried to sleep on my side and my left side was ok but my right side was not playing along at all. I tried again last night and the left was fine. When I went to go to my right I expected to be very uncomfortable, but I realized I was able to. Pretty cool!

I still haven't dropped much. I've dropped lower than I was after surgery, of course, and they are getting much softer, but I just keep massaging. My left breast is actually pretty soft with some firmness, but my right is still pretty firm. Not like a rock at all, just some firmness. I'm able to squeeze and it squeezes right in, it's just firm to the soft touch. I think they may have gotten a little bit closer together too. My doc is careful not to try and make a pocket too wide for cleavage. Puts you at high risk of symmastia doing that. Besides, if your breasts didnt have cleavage without a bra before you shouldnt expect it after. It just looks strange! Boobs should only squish together when a bra puts them that way :)

My bruising is pretty much gone and I am cleared to start exercising today! Three days ago I told my husband " I might be cleared to exercise in three days but I dont think I will". But I did some exercise today with a sports bra and it didnt hurt at all. I think it was more of me being mentally afraid it would hurt, but it really didnt. I did an aerobics DVD and just avoided the really high jumping, instead doing smaller jumps. I probably could have jumped higher, but I've got that little mental block still so I'm easing my way into it.

I dont know if this is ok for all women after BA. Maybe if they cut through the muscle they will tell you to wait longer, but in my case its ok.

Overall, I am still very happy and VERY much looking forward to the changes coming this next week or two. Can't wait!!!!

Hello everyone! I had a busy week but am here...

Hello everyone!

I had a busy week but am here with another update :) I am one month post op tomorrow and I feel pretty great! I have one spot that is still a little tender but otherwise I'm good. I slept on my stomach the other night and although I was worried it was fine. I sleep on my side fine with very little discomfort, and best of all, the ole sex life is back in FULL SWING! Actually BETTER than before, partially because of the new "toys", LOL. I am SO HAPPY I did this and can't believe I waited so long!!! What was I thinking?

I started exercising a week ago and can run, etc. I dont do push ups yet becuase I dont want to push it too much, but jumping, running, sit ups, etc are all fine. It feels GREAT to be active again :)

I am very happy with my size too :) I can play them up to be really big and saucy if I want, but in my every day clothes i just look perfectly balanced! And let me just say it's nice to know I can exercise, firm up and NOT lose my boobs, LOL.

If anyone has questions for me let me know. I will post some new pics !

I did push ups! Didnt hurt at all. It was a little...

I did push ups! Didnt hurt at all. It was a little difficult mentally because when do push ups the muscles engage and I'm so used to baby-ing them, but it went fine. I do the Insanity work out, so you can imagine how hard I push myself. I just listen to my body and if something hurts I back off a bit. And I wear a good sports bra to hold the girls so they dont bounce too much.

And...I ordered a bikini. I'm so jazzed to have ordered this simple string bikini and know I have BOOBS to fill it out. I always thought having implants would mean looking better but sacrificing my activities, but that's not true in this case. I am VERY pleased.

I'm thinking of visiting Victoria's Secret next week to finally use that gift card. That should be FUN!
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dr. DeWire is VERY honest about what to expect. He explains all the pros and cons and what I love the most about him is his approach...he will go as large as your tissue will alllow him while still looking natural. He will not push your tissue to the point of looking too tight and fake. Check out his web site for some before and afters...he is AMAZING!