54 Yr Old Mother of 2 Grown Children Finally Ready to Loose Belly Roll. - Virginia Beach, VA

3 years ago I lost 35 pounds over a year's time. I...

3 years ago I lost 35 pounds over a year's time. I also worked with a personal trainer in a small group training program for 2 1/2 years. No matter how strong and firm I got I couldn't lose my spare tire. I finally came to realize the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck. So I'm on my way... I am scheduled for my tummy tuck and lipo in 6 weeks. After researching and talking with friends who have had the procedure, I decided on Dr. Richard Rosenblum. He has excellent credentials and I have a reference from another client of his who was very happy with her results and her experience.

Before pictures ....uggh...

Well I finally took my before pictures and wow are they awful! This just solidifies my resolve to get through this! I have been reading all of your stories for months and it helps so much to hear about everyone's experiences. I am nervous, but I just have to go ahead and get it done. It seems everyone has a different recovery so I'm not going to truly know what to expect until I'm there. I had abdominal surgery 2 1/2 years ago and did well recovering (although I was in a hospital on a dilaudid pump for a week). I'm hoping that's a good sign:-]

I posted pictures of me in under wear, jeans, and a bathing suit so I can compare myself after. Hope I'm pleased!! You guys will have to check back in a few months. (finger's crossed....)

I also thought I should give you some more personal info. I have been married to the same sweet, wonderful man for 32 years, I have 2 adult children, am 5 feet 4 , 165 lbs. I would like to loose another 5-7 lbs before my surgery on Oct 10. I've been real strict about my diet and keeping active. Trying to keep my mind off of this until time is here. Any suggestions about what I need is welcomed. I am going to order a hospital bed to put in living room until I can sleep in my bed. It seems the simplest way to get in and out of bed while recuperating and several of you gals have recommended it. It is also close to bathroom and kitchen, and the tv and dvr. Oh boy, I wish this would hurry up and be over....

Sorry to ramble...Take care ladies, and anyone else who is on my timeline send me note. We can do this together!

Can't stop thinking about surgery....

So does anybody else find themselves obsessing about your surgery date???
I still have 5 weeks but I cannot get it off my mind! Today I went to Target and got a couple of "wife beaters" on the clearance rack, and a zip up hoody to wear home from surgery. Many of you have suggested these items and seems like good advice...I'm waiting for my pre-op appointment to get remaining items...will follow their suggestions. I would love any suggestions from those who have been through this...what you guys found helpful!

I really wish I could do this sooner. now that I have mentally committed myself, I would like to get going. Sooner the surgery is done...sooner I will recover!
Also, anyone who rented a hospital bed...how much did it run?

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend!
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Best Wishes!
Thanks! Are you having surgery soon? Or are you all done.
YW! Son on abs :)
You look wonderful!
I meant to say soon :) Thank You.
Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to reading more updates.
Thanks for reading my post. It helps having friends out there who are going through the same thing:-)
Welcome to the community.  I am happy that you started your journey with us and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Don't forget to take your before and after pictures:)
Thanks for the encouragement! I finally got my pictures up...that is not fun to look at, but i will be glad I did when I'm all healed and see the beautiful results;-)
Thank you for doing that.  You are just fine and no different than the rest of us before surgery.  Proud of you:)