Tummy Tuck (Extended) and Breastlift W/Augmentation

I had gastric bypass surgery four years ago. I...

I had gastric bypass surgery four years ago. I lost over 100 lbs. Uncomfortable with the extra skin and the droopy breasts, I am scheduled for a Breastlift with augmentation on Monday, 23 August. I will then have my (extended) tummy tuck the following Thursday, 26 August.

My doctor does not do both procedures at the same time. He is concerned with the length of both surgeries and prefers to do them separately. I had my pre-op appointment last week. That appointment lasted two hours in which Dr. H and one of his assistants went over every detail about both surgeries. We discussed at length the size of the implants and concluded on approx 280cc's. I used to fill a D cup when I was heavy and would like to have the same size, but up where they are suppose to be! Therefore he understands that I want them lifted and larger than they are now. They took about 15 'before' pictures. I can't wait to see the 'after' pictures. Everyone in his office has been very caring and attentive. I am feeling pretty confident and comfortable with all of them so far.

I will update with some "before" pics the weekend after the surgery when I hope I will feel up to getting on line and updating all of you who are interested. In the meantime, please feel free to comment and share some of your experiences that might be helpful to me during my recovery.

One small concern I have is that I have read many diaries and seen many pictures and watched many videos and I have not come across anyone yet that did not wear compression garments. My doctor does not require them. I am not sure what the pros and cons are regarding the garment. Please share if you wish.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

After going to four different plastic surgeons for consultations, Dr. H made me feel the most comfortable and his attention to detail and concern for my health was a plus. I will write more and update on him once I actually have the procedures.

Ooh sweetie sounds like your going through alot I'm still healing but it does get better I'm 5 weeks PO but I Remember what your going through hang in there n just keep thinking new year new body take care
I want to post some pics, but don't know how. Do I put them under the profile pic? I have b4 and after pics.
11 & 13 day post-op Update!! It has been a rough two weeks, especially after the tummy tuck on the 26th of Aug. The breast lift and augmemtation was not as painful as the tummy tuck. Breast surgery lasted about 4 hrs. Lift and implants; some lipo was performed under the arm pits towards the back to removed that fatty roll that forms back there. I was in recovery for about two hours and home early afternoon. Implants felt like a pair of bricks for over a week, but I am happy with the outcome so far. My breasts were wrapped up in an ace band for several days and then I went straight into a wireless support bra to hold them up. They seemed to be dropping too fast and my main interest is to keep the fullness up top. I do the breast excercises three times a day, pushing them up and into the pocket created for the implants at the top of the breast. Tape over the scars was removed after one week and replaced with brown/tan color tape that can be replaced every five days. The tummy tuck was a whole different 'monster' to deal with. The pain was pretty serious. Surgery lasted about 4 hours, 7 lbs of skin and some fat was removed. Lipo suction on the sides and top center of the chest area. My pain meds which were to be taken every four hours (as needed) was running out after 1.5 hrs, I would tough it out for another hour and take the meds again. We changed from pills to liquid and it helped control the pain much longer, almost into the four hour mark. I find that liquid is absorbed better by my system due to the gastric bypass. The two drains were removed after 10 days and that was a very weird feeling, not painful, just strange. There is still a lot of swelling from the tummy tuck and that will take time to go down, so I'm still hopefull that it will look much better than it does not. No compression garment was worn at all and I was fine with that after all. I have a follow up this coming Wednesday to remove the tape from the scar. I've had a bit of seapage/bleeding from the center part, I think due to some coughing I've been having that is driving me nuts! I have been sleeping on a recliner since the tummy tuck. I tried the bed for a few minutes the other night but I have to use my stomach muscles too much to get in and out, so I'm still in the recliner, maybe for a few more days.
Thank you for sending me the 'doctors answers', they have shed light on my concerns and I have had other comments regarding this concern of mine. I'm glad I get all of this help on this site.

I do know of some women who prefer wearing the compression garment, at least for a while. Everyone is different! Here are some doctor answers regarding compression garments.

I have some before and after pics I want to post on my page to share. I can't find how to do it. Could you please help? Thanks!
My doctor is not big on the compression garmets. He told me to wear it if it made me feel better but that I did not have to wear it all the time. I had a full TT with lipo and you can see from my pictures that I healed wonderful without wearing the garmet. I did wear it the first three days after surgery and then could not take it any longer. It hurt and me being a small person the darn thing went from under my breasts all the way down over my butt....horrible thing to wear. Now with that said you really need to follow your doctors instructions; they are all different. I found what helped me was massage of the surgical areas 2-3 times a day. Sending good thoughts your way and wishing you the best! You will do great. Can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks for your comments. I have read many complaints about the tight and uncomfortable garment, so I understand what you mean. I'm glad you healed well. I am really looking forward to the finish line and the outcome. Thank you for the good wishes.
Can you help me? I have some before and after pics I want to post and for the life of it I can't find how to do it on here. I asked Angie, but I haven't heard back from her. It's not on the actual profile picture, is it? Thanks.
Hey just found this question from you. Were you able to figure this out? Log into your account and you will see an "Edit" tab on the top. If you click on that you will be able to download pictures to the site. Send me an e-mail if you need more help.
I wish u the best but talk again to Your Doc double check I wanted same procedure my doc did tummy n lift first She told me two reasons number one you want to make sure nipple n everything is even number two the weight of the implants on the skin. I had my tummy n lift 13 days ago today I'm starting to realize I don't need implants my lift brought all the boob up at first I thought I was small but now tape is of and I'm a D cup though I'm not against implants if u dont have to put something in your body then dont. Dont be shy to talk to Your doctor its your life and your health honest the tummy has been so painful the lift has not even bothered me It was a good thing I did them together my doctor is the best in a five state radius hope everything goes well God bless
Thank you so much for writting. I know what you mean about the concerns of putting something in your body that initally does not belong there, but I feel pretty confident with the decisions the doctor and I have made to make me happy. I'm glad your results ae good so far, I'm sure you will do great. More to come...