Better Than Botox (By Far) - Vienna, VA

I have been Dr. Widder's patient for quite a few...

I have been Dr. Widder's patient for quite a few years. I had "normal" aging skin, and wanted to look like myself again. We went for face lift and eyelid surgery, upper and lower. I was scared stiff, of course, after reading about all the complications that could happen, but I felt I really needed the procedure. The results were very satisfying. Not perfect, but definitely better than good. Not a "lifted" look, just a natural one, and I shed a good 10 years. Now, a number of years down the line, I am still satisfied. I brought my sister to Dr. Widder for the same procedure, and she was also happy with the outcome. Over the years, I have had other procedures performed by Dr. Widder as well.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Do you remember how long it was until you were back to your normal routine after surgery?
I took off for a vacation to visit family abroad 10 days or so after the procedure, where people don't see me every day. No one seemed to have noticed anything! (or at least no one commented). I went back to work about 3 or 3.5 weeks after the procedure. There were still some faint bruises, which could be covered up with makeup. Again, no one commented. Note that unlike facial bruises, the under-eye bruises, if present from lower eyelid surgery, can take 5-6 weeks to fade. Your mileage may vary.
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Widder is a very caring person and a superb physician. He gives you a realistic picture of what to expect, applies no pressure and encourages you to make your own decisions. Follows up after the procedure, sees you as many times as needed at no additional cost, and makes sure recovery proceeds well. The staff as well is helpful and supportive. Overall, a capable, professional and trustworthy team.