Better Results Than I Could Have Ever DREAMED Of!!! -Vienna, VA

Dr. Widder performed my breast lift this past...

Dr. Widder performed my breast lift this past month and I am just awe-struck at the results! I had this procedure done following a weight gain/loss that resulted in the natural volume being taken out of my breasts. Before this procedure I was only happy with them when they were in a bra-out of a bra they looked saggy and deflated. Dr. Widder gave me back the breasts I had when I was 18! The results are so perky and youthful I couldn't be happier!!!

6 months later and I love my new body

My surgery date was on July 16th, 2013. Post-surgery I alternated between wearing a bra with no underwire and a snug sports bra for about a month. I also cleaned my incisions daily with bacitracin zinc ointment and hydrogen peroxide to speed up healing. It's been nearly six months and my results have just gotten better and better :) My scars are beginning to fade and I'm totally in love with the texture of my new breasts! I was a saggy 34-DD prior to my surgery and now I'm a Full 34-B or a small 34-C. I never had the option of wearing anything strapless before, and "triangle" bikini tops (or any kind of bathing suit tops without a built-in underwire) were my worst nightmare! Dr. Widder re-shaped my breasts and left them perfect! When I go bra-less (which I wouldn't have dreamed of doing before!) I often get asked if my breast are "real" because their fullness almost makes it look as if they were implants! :-D It still shocks me how much of a difference getting a full-lift made on my appearance! I look more youthful and I have no more back/neck/shoulder pain. I can also wear halter-tops now! (these used to dig into my neck and leave big red marks on my shoulders!) I've always been a fashion risk-taker, and my smaller and more manageable cup-size has allowed me to make clothing choices that wouldn't have been possible before. Thanks Dr. Widder!

Almost 1 year after surgery! And a word or two about Scarring...

Although most of the people I consulted with told me to wait a year after my procedure before considering scar-revision surgery-I wanted the scars gone (Yesterday!) After having done much research I began MY OWN scar correction therapy about two months ago. I bought silicone scar shields (available at Walmart and CVS) and began applying them to my scars and leaving them on for 12 hours at a time. (You will have to cut them to cover your particular scar-as these are designed to cover C-section scars) The results were unbelievable! The T-scar from my breast lift became significantly flatter and less bumpy. I saw the texture of the scar begin to change within two weeks! After the scar became flatter, I began to address the discoloration and hyper pigmentation of the tissue. I had bad acne as a teenager-and I had some success in the past using Obagi Nu-Derm products to fade my acne scars and discoloration. I applied the Nu-Derm regimen to the scars for one week straight. After applying, I would cover the scars with gauze pads to keep the product from rubbing off on my bra and clothes. After application my skin would look red and sunburned for a couple days (youch!) But after this redness passed and the skin began to heal, the skin underneath was new and (low and behold!) NOT discolored!
I'm pretty sure this tip won't work for everyone-but it definitely worked for me! I still have a long ways to go in order to fade my scars to the point that I'm comfortable with-but I'm happy in the direction I'm headed. A Mastopexy is by no means a scar-free surgery, but it doesn't need to leave you with extensive scarring either.
Good Luck-and Happy Healing!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I am an esthetician and work in a medical spa. I have been doing the Dermapen micro needling treatments since November and have seen great results in my client's who are doing it for surgery scars, though most women come in for facial rejuvenation. If your scarring still is a concern after Obagi, etc., you may want to try this treatment. For surgery scars it takes a minimum of six treatments. Hope this helps.
My scar is an upside-down T. So I guess that would be an anchor incision. The horizontal incision is the most visible and the scar still has a raised somewhat bumpy surface. The vertical part of the incision faded with continued use of the Obagi products and the texture normalized with the silicone scar shields (I saw drastic results using a combination of both after about 6 weeks). The vertical incision (from my nipple to my breast fold) has faded almost completely now-you can just barely make out the raised vertical "bumpy" line in the photo . The horizontal scar is hidden by my breast fold-but it still has some lightening to go before the color returns to normal. According to what I read-this horizontal scar takes the longest to heal correctly due to the moisture environment created by the "draping effect" of a woman's breast.
Thank you for your response. I am also interested in a lift. I have seen a few plastic surgeons most of them want to do a lollipop technique with the exception of one. The anchor Lift scares me because I have been researching and it saus that the scar goes all the way to under breast, which is scary! Is your a huge horizontal scar? Thank you
Hey Rodrigso- Well from what my plastic surgeon told me the "anchor lift" gives the most significant results of the different lift techniques. One thing that you have to remember is that once your breasts heal and your wounds close up-then your newly-resized breasts are going to settle into their natural position on your chest. When they form the "teardrop" of a natural breast then the horizontal scar is completely hidden. That's why I chose to lay down on my side in this photo so that you could see a bit of the horizontal scar (shows up as a brown-pigmented horizontal line under my right breast). The horizontal scar under my breast is definitely taking more time to fade and go away then my vertical scar. Also-the scars around my areolas where my doctor excised them and re-positioned them are not really noticeable because the pigment of my nipples was brown to begin with. You also need to take into account your skin type in order to get a good idea of how you're going to scar. I have olive skin with yellow undertones-my skin is oily and acne-prone. I had no keloid formation from my surgery, but I have heard this is pretty common. Also-I tend to scar pretty bad on the norm. I use hydroquinone products whenever I get blemishes or a bad cut to fade the marks they leave behind and this has worked for me since I was a teenager.
Great, your awesome n thanks got your response
Your breast look good. Can I ask what technique as in lollipop or anchor you went with. Ur scars are not visible at all.
Thanks for the tips regarding scarring and the product you found useful!!! (I think this is the biggest concern for us considering this procedure). To be honest, your scarring in the lying on your side pic looks pretty good, and wow what a difference your lift made, you look fabulous!!! Do you think the scar shield would help a c-section scar that's 10 years old?
The product did say on the labeling that it was good for "new scars" and "old scars" so it couldn't hurt to try! The silicone shields helped me the most with the bumpiness of the scar (it made it much flatter and less ridged). But if it's the discoloration you're trying to tackle-I'd give the Obagi products a shot since those brought my skin back to it's correct tone and got rid of the hyper pigmentation. Hope this helps!
Looks fab! And I love that black dress with the mesh in front! Where did you find that???
Thank you for your 6 month update along with your fabulous pictures. You look great! It's nice to hear you can enjoy strapless tops, triangle bikini tops and even the sexy dresses in your pictures....without a bra! All this without implants too. Congratulations!

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Breast Lift community.

Hello, I added some photos of myself not wearing a bra (before and after) Also-I included a six month status update post-op :)