Vi Peel Review

Hi All, To whoever is in assumption that one...

Hi All,

To whoever is in assumption that one vi-peel is going to change ur looks dramatically,Please read this...

As the doctor explained i started peeling on my 3rd day till 5th day like snake but though underlying skin is new,I still had all acne scars and leisions even in my new skin.So may be it works for people who have minor problems Vi peel works. I also heard from couple of derma specialist that one peel will not help..you need to do a series of 3-6 peels to get to the deep layers of skin..

If any one can suggest a good procedure which will give reasonable results in long run but with out downtime it will be great!

I had a Vi medium peel a week ago, the peeling and itching on my face has all but stopped, but my neck is a mess. It's red and raw and looks terrible. I think I have had a reaction. I have Aquaphor all over and coconut oil and cortisone cream and it will not stop itching. I have call the doctor and they tell me this is normal??? Never again, ever!
I took a Benedryl and it helped!

I've had about four vi peels. The first one that came out. I used it and had bad break outs. The spa told me to try the one with the booster because i have problems with acne already. It broke me out also. Later in time I tried a new one for acne and bought a package of three. Still broke out. I had to take some antibiotics to clear them up. That was about a year ago. I still had 2 of the 3 peels left. So on Monday I paid a little more to upgrade the remaining 2 peels to the new precision plus peel. And they applied it Monday while I was there. I'm on day 4 and every time I do these peels I swear I won't do them again. Their just like torture plain and simple. The 7 day down time. The itching and peeling is almost unbearable. I've never seen a big difference in my skin. The only time I did see a difference is online with people with bad sun damage spots. I don't have any sun spots or freckles. It did help with a few scabs from some recent acne. All in all I've tried the vi peels enough to see if they would make a good difference in my skin and they have not. I still have fine wrinkles with no improvement and big pores. So I would only recommend the vi peels to people with discoloration to their skin. Sun spots and etc. Good Luck! To the ones who give it a try. Prepare to be uncomfortable for at least a week.

I know exactly what u mean! Im on the 5th day of my second peel. ( First peel i had the precision plus and the 2nd one was regular) ..with 2 more peels left to my package....7 days of misery is exactly what it is ! I have freckles , sun damage , fine lines ,etc....i also, i have not seen a big difference in anything....maybe, lighting of some sun damage and a little bit more even skin tone. But i was hoping for more of a noticeable change.....ugh......well,

I had this peel and it scarred my right cheek so badly, I got 6-10 icepick scars and around 25 dents from this evil peel, it then led me to fraxel laser resurfacing which in turn TOTALLY ruined my face! If it were not for this shitty peel, I would still be normal today.
I know how u feel, laser & peels ruined my texture. Should have never tried either one.

Anyone can recommend me a good dermatologist to apply VI peel ?

If you click on the "Doctor Finder" tab near the top of the page you will be able to search by your area, then you can narrow the search by specialty or procedure. That will allow you to read over the doctors profile, answers they have provided to Q&A, and reviews that have been submitted about them. I hope that is useful. :)

Thank you so much, I forgot to say, I am in Palmdale, CA.

Let explain something here:
As of last year, there were two types of Vi Peels, you have the Regular Vi Peel, and then there is the Vi Precision.

I had both types done at the spa. The first one is not strong at all. I actually 'peeled'. Afterwards, my complexion was fabulous. I probably had a few small break outs...

ohhhhh but let me tell you about miss precision peel! omg! the precision is STRONGER than the regular one - at least 25% stronger. I had this one done, and my skin never really peeled off like the first one. Why? Because the solution in this precision peel is more concentrated so it DEEPLY seeps into the skin, it will not peel as much as the first one. It felt like wet, stretchy skin slightly rolling off - whereas the regular peel, skin was flaking and falling off.

After i had the precision peel, I had THE WORST CYSTIC ACNE....my skin has NOT been the same. This is probably what most of you have experienced. The Precision peel burns a little more, it irritates your skin, takes longer to peel, and stings a lot. It doesnt hurt, its just more uncomfortable. And yes i know everyone is different.

I would say if you are going to get a Vi - do the regular one. NOT THE PRECISION - the precision is the DEVIL.
and let me add that after the precision peel, i didnt notice anything different in my complexion. I had the regular peel in october of 2011 and the Precision done in February. Its May and I have leopard (as i call it) print skin from the scarring of the precision. Retin A makes it worse FYI...I believe the contents of the precision contains a lot of retin A.

my skin hasnt calmed that much, ive treated myself to several basic facials -not peels to try and calm my skin.

Im thinking about getting a mircrodermabrasion, and will later do a regular peel again.
sorry to keep updating - but it helps to specify the type of peel you had...they arent not the same.
You say you have "leopard" skin....it is possible that you hyper-pigmented and need a script for at least hydroquinone 4% this will help with the dark patches but will make you highly sensitive to the sun . In addition, you need to use a high SPF of 30 or above......I hope this information helps but it needs to be discussed with your dermatologist. I hope this information helps.....

What do u think off clycolic peels can u text me answer ***************

Nothing better than the regular vi peel, it works wonders... It may take few peels before you see the beautiful skin some people show online from be for and after but for some people it worlds from the very first one like it did to me. I do have acne problems so when ever the acne comes back (it can take a year in between ) but once it does comes out I do get dark acne scars but this vi really does the trick. I've used the precision and yes it is stronger but I never put it on my face, I've used in some part if my body including the bikini area and it does iWork's well but I don't see much difference in the final results between the regular and precision then again I never used it in my face.
I am very pleased with the VI peel. I am now into my 3rd week. I have got several compliments on how great my skin looks. My acne has cleared. My brown pigmented spots have faded. I am scheduled to do a photofacial in three weeks. I am pleased with the results!
Patsy,
You must have misunderstood my post I've never had Fraxel, nor would I. In fact, I clearly stated the only "laser" treatment I've ever had was hair removal, one Vi Peel and some injectables (in very small amounts). Hope that helps to clarify...
I just had the vipeel done yesterday after work. It wasn't a bad experience at all. Just a little burning while the procedure was being done, that subsided and I actually had a good nights rest. But, I woke up this morning and my face was just a little swollen especially under my eyes. I had these little bags of loose skin that were not there before. I am 55 years old and I have some wrinkles under my eyes (was hoping the peel would get rid of some of those), but now I have these bags plus the wrinkles. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced puffiness under the eyes and if it goes away after a few days. I very nervous about this. Any positive comments would be appreciated. THANKS!

I'm 46. It had been at least a year since my last fraxel. My APS certified Dr's office said it was safe and effective. I'm glad you had a good experience. But everyone is different and my experience was FAR from good. You don't always get the best prime rib at the most expensive restaurant either.

I just decided that I "needed" to post one more comment about the Vi Peel, injectables and lasers, after reading about so many women and men with negative outcomes. The one common thing that I've noticed with those that have had problems is that they seem to have had many procedures done (usually involving some type of laser). In fact, it seems that some people have multiple procedures back to back.

Vi Peel is not the same as a vitalize peel - see information on this site. Additionally, Vi Peel has two strengths - one that is a "lighter" peel - this does not reach any "cellular" level, whatsoever, it simply peels the top layer of the skin. Vi Peel also, now, makes a stronger version called a Precision Vi Peel which is 25% stronger than the original Vi Peel (see their site for more info).

I had a Vi Peel done and had no side effects whatsoever. My face looked red and sunburned, and then peeled off in "sheets" of skin - this took about one week. When the peeling was complete my skin tone was improved, pores were smaller, but "brown age spots" were still apparent. I continued my normal skin routine - over the counter Retin A's, a gentle cleanser and good moisturizer - period - that's all I put on my skin. After 3 1/2 months I went to my plastic surgeon's office and had some small amounts of fillers around my mouth and eyes. I've used injectable fillers, in moderation, for 10 years and have never had a bad outcome, nor does anyone even know that I've had anything "done." I then started using Obagi Nu Derm with .05% Tretinoin, hydroquinone and alpha hydroxy. All of the aforementioned products are included in the complete set of Nu Derm by Obagi, and must be used in a certain order, and only as prescribed. I've noticed on various sites that women buy some of the products (over the internet - bad idea as there are many "fake" products) but not all, or use them in a different order, and can't understand why they are having problems. All of these "procedures" are prescription strength products and should only be used while under a doctor's care. Given that I go to a highly reputable doctor, have used minimally invasive procedures on my skin, and understand that anything that is put on my face is a serious thing to consider I've had great results.

If you look at my pictures you can see what I look like - I'm 54 years old, and have great looking skin. I promised people that I would update them about my results with Obagi. I'm now on week 3/4, and have had peeling (light) specifically around my chin area. When my chin has gotten red, or the peeling seems "too much" I've backed off the Tretinoin for a day, and then will resume when my skin calms down. Thus far the regime is working great. My skin looks better every day, but it is a slow process and a long time commitment. My "brown sun spots" are fading rapidly, and I assume they will be totally gone by the time I'm done using the product (12-18 weeks).

You can research the use of alpha hydoxy acids, hydroquinone and Tretinoin, and see that these products are "proven" to improve skin texture, and reduce brown spots caused by sun damage. One must absolutely stay out of the sun, and use a strong SPF everyday once you begin using these products. Obagi has just put all of these scientifically proven "creams" into a "system" that works together to get the best results. You have to use common sense, and back off the irritating products if you have very sensitive skin. In fact, you can use the Tretinoin every other day, or every two-3 days, if you can't tolerate it initially.

As to the issue of lasers (see my other posts as I'm married to a physician) they are very serious, and all lasers have been associated with side effects in some people. Do serious research before using any laser especially on your face. The only "laser" I've ever used was for permanent hair removal, and it worked very well. I would never have a laser "peel" as I've seen too many bad outcomes in friends that have gone this route. I hope that my information has helped clarify some of the "issues" that I've read about on this site. I do believe that there can be too much of a "good" thing. I wonder why 25 year old women are having laser peels. I would also beg everyone to do their due diligence before allowing anyone to do anything of an invasive nature to their face. No one, but a doctor should be injecting you, using a laser on you, or doing a chemical peel on you - period. The aforementioned procedures are medical procedures and are not even vaguely similar to a simple facial. There are too many disreputable "spas" that provide services that should only be performed by a physician. For those of you with horrific outcomes my best advice is to go to the nearest teaching hospital, and see a dermatologist, or plastic surgeon, and to stop having any more treatments until you have a definitive diagnosis.

Remember beauty shines from within...
Hi found very interestin am wantin a peel but I live in England n don't no were to get 1 can u help thanks
The only treatment that is out there without the downtime is the Clear and Brilliant laser. Some may consider it a "baby" faxel. It works well with dark spots and for tone and texture. A series of 3 - 8 treatments may be necessary depending on the severity of your condition. Most importantly, in addition to Chemical peels, it is necessary to have a good home care routine such as Retin A in the PM and Vitamin C serum in the AM before a good SPF.
I went and would only go a P/S or Dermatologist for anything to do with my face. I only have one! I also feel many of these women are doing way too many treatments month after month. Like picking a scab; it will never heal.
Just a comment - warning (I'm married to a doctor who's partner is a well known, and highly reputable plastic surgeon). I was strongly warned to never, ever purchase any of these products - Vi Peel, Obagi, etc. over the internet as many are "fake" products. This is your face, and all peels, laser treatments, injectables, etc., should be done my a physician, not an esthetician at some spa. These are procedures, depending on the medicines your on, your skin type, and ethnicity, that should not be considered without the care of a physician. This is your face, and I believe that it is imprudent to save a few dollars to have anyone, but a physician to apply these products by anyone other than a doctor. Please see my other posts about Vi Peels, injectables and Obagi - a prescription system for rejuvenating your skin with the use of prescription strength alpha hydroxy's, hydroquinone, etc. Please pay the extra money so that you don't have a bad outcome. Also, with a product like Obagi, if your skin becomes cracked, severely irritated, etc., back off the stronger products for a day, or two, to let the highly irritated areas to heal, then start adding the products that irritate again. This has worked for me, and my skin looks better every day. Just use some common sense as if your skin is cracking and bleeding - that is too extreme.
Hi were can a get proper 1 frm then am in England near Sheffield thanks