Vi Peel Review

Hi All, To whoever is in assumption that one...

Hi All,

To whoever is in assumption that one vi-peel is going to change ur looks dramatically,Please read this...

As the doctor explained i started peeling on my 3rd day till 5th day like snake but though underlying skin is new,I still had all acne scars and leisions even in my new skin.So may be it works for people who have minor problems Vi peel works. I also heard from couple of derma specialist that one peel will not help..you need to do a series of 3-6 peels to get to the deep layers of skin..

If any one can suggest a good procedure which will give reasonable results in long run but with out downtime it will be great!

Yes. This is not a one-time-fixed all treatment. I had my expectation managed and was happy to see that the VI peel (and later on VI Precision Peel) was able to delay my need for filler (around nasolabial). It gave me a good collagen boost and helped tightens my pores. But I'll have to admit that this thing requires maintenance, probably once every 3 or 4 months. Removal of sun spots is a hit and miss. But all in all, it does help fade the spots, albeit a little too slowly.
I had a Vi medium peel a week ago, the peeling and itching on my face has all but stopped, but my neck is a mess. It's red and raw and looks terrible. I think I have had a reaction. I have Aquaphor all over and coconut oil and cortisone cream and it will not stop itching. I have call the doctor and they tell me this is normal??? Never again, ever!
I took a Benedryl and it helped!
Based on my previous 5 attempts with VI Peel, the neck will peel later. For me it's from Day 5, and recovers only around Day 10. I don't think you had a reaction - this is pretty normal. I didn't have the VI peel on my face, and yet half of my neck was irritated. You can view my day by day account (with before-after photos) by googling myBeautyCravings.
I meant I did not have the VI peel applied directly onto my neck.
What I found out is that I am allergic to this particular peel. It became systemic. Never again. Everyone reacts differently and unfortunately I don't know if I can ever have any kind of peel again, the recovery from this was really terrible.
Sorry to hear that you may be allergic to chemical peels. Hope you'll find other alternatives soon.

I've had about four vi peels. The first one that came out. I used it and had bad break outs. The spa told me to try the one with the booster because i have problems with acne already. It broke me out also. Later in time I tried a new one for acne and bought a package of three. Still broke out. I had to take some antibiotics to clear them up. That was about a year ago. I still had 2 of the 3 peels left. So on Monday I paid a little more to upgrade the remaining 2 peels to the new precision plus peel. And they applied it Monday while I was there. I'm on day 4 and every time I do these peels I swear I won't do them again. Their just like torture plain and simple. The 7 day down time. The itching and peeling is almost unbearable. I've never seen a big difference in my skin. The only time I did see a difference is online with people with bad sun damage spots. I don't have any sun spots or freckles. It did help with a few scabs from some recent acne. All in all I've tried the vi peels enough to see if they would make a good difference in my skin and they have not. I still have fine wrinkles with no improvement and big pores. So I would only recommend the vi peels to people with discoloration to their skin. Sun spots and etc. Good Luck! To the ones who give it a try. Prepare to be uncomfortable for at least a week.

I know exactly what u mean! Im on the 5th day of my second peel. ( First peel i had the precision plus and the 2nd one was regular) ..with 2 more peels left to my package....7 days of misery is exactly what it is ! I have freckles , sun damage , fine lines ,etc....i also, i have not seen a big difference in anything....maybe, lighting of some sun damage and a little bit more even skin tone. But i was hoping for more of a noticeable change.....ugh......well,

I had this peel and it scarred my right cheek so badly, I got 6-10 icepick scars and around 25 dents from this evil peel, it then led me to fraxel laser resurfacing which in turn TOTALLY ruined my face! If it were not for this shitty peel, I would still be normal today.
I know how u feel, laser & peels ruined my texture. Should have never tried either one.

Anyone can recommend me a good dermatologist to apply VI peel ?

If you click on the "Doctor Finder" tab near the top of the page you will be able to search by your area, then you can narrow the search by specialty or procedure. That will allow you to read over the doctors profile, answers they have provided to Q&A, and reviews that have been submitted about them. I hope that is useful. :)

Thank you so much, I forgot to say, I am in Palmdale, CA.

Let explain something here:
As of last year, there were two types of Vi Peels, you have the Regular Vi Peel, and then there is the Vi Precision.

I had both types done at the spa. The first one is not strong at all. I actually 'peeled'. Afterwards, my complexion was fabulous. I probably had a few small break outs...

ohhhhh but let me tell you about miss precision peel! omg! the precision is STRONGER than the regular one - at least 25% stronger. I had this one done, and my skin never really peeled off like the first one. Why? Because the solution in this precision peel is more concentrated so it DEEPLY seeps into the skin, it will not peel as much as the first one. It felt like wet, stretchy skin slightly rolling off - whereas the regular peel, skin was flaking and falling off.

After i had the precision peel, I had THE WORST CYSTIC ACNE....my skin has NOT been the same. This is probably what most of you have experienced. The Precision peel burns a little more, it irritates your skin, takes longer to peel, and stings a lot. It doesnt hurt, its just more uncomfortable. And yes i know everyone is different.

I would say if you are going to get a Vi - do the regular one. NOT THE PRECISION - the precision is the DEVIL.
and let me add that after the precision peel, i didnt notice anything different in my complexion. I had the regular peel in october of 2011 and the Precision done in February. Its May and I have leopard (as i call it) print skin from the scarring of the precision. Retin A makes it worse FYI...I believe the contents of the precision contains a lot of retin A.

my skin hasnt calmed that much, ive treated myself to several basic facials -not peels to try and calm my skin.

Im thinking about getting a mircrodermabrasion, and will later do a regular peel again.
sorry to keep updating - but it helps to specify the type of peel you had...they arent not the same.
You say you have "leopard" skin....it is possible that you hyper-pigmented and need a script for at least hydroquinone 4% this will help with the dark patches but will make you highly sensitive to the sun . In addition, you need to use a high SPF of 30 or above......I hope this information helps but it needs to be discussed with your dermatologist. I hope this information helps.....

What do u think off clycolic peels can u text me answer ***************

Nothing better than the regular vi peel, it works wonders... It may take few peels before you see the beautiful skin some people show online from be for and after but for some people it worlds from the very first one like it did to me. I do have acne problems so when ever the acne comes back (it can take a year in between ) but once it does comes out I do get dark acne scars but this vi really does the trick. I've used the precision and yes it is stronger but I never put it on my face, I've used in some part if my body including the bikini area and it does iWork's well but I don't see much difference in the final results between the regular and precision then again I never used it in my face.
My experience was slightly different from yours. The similar part is that VI Precision comes off in thinner sheets as compared to the regular one. But what's different is that both had the same recovery process and timeframe. I'd expected the precision to have a more intense downtime, and longer recovery period, but thankfully that was not the case. In fact, in terms of application discomfort, VI Precision was painless for me, whereas VI regular gave me a slight tingling. I really wonder why. I also did not have any serious breakouts as I had been advised to skip the sun block that came with the kit. I have a day by day account of the recovery process, for anyone who is interested. Google 'myBeautyCravings'. Hope this helps offer a different perspective.
I am very pleased with the VI peel. I am now into my 3rd week. I have got several compliments on how great my skin looks. My acne has cleared. My brown pigmented spots have faded. I am scheduled to do a photofacial in three weeks. I am pleased with the results!
Patsy,
You must have misunderstood my post I've never had Fraxel, nor would I. In fact, I clearly stated the only "laser" treatment I've ever had was hair removal, one Vi Peel and some injectables (in very small amounts). Hope that helps to clarify...
I just had the vipeel done yesterday after work. It wasn't a bad experience at all. Just a little burning while the procedure was being done, that subsided and I actually had a good nights rest. But, I woke up this morning and my face was just a little swollen especially under my eyes. I had these little bags of loose skin that were not there before. I am 55 years old and I have some wrinkles under my eyes (was hoping the peel would get rid of some of those), but now I have these bags plus the wrinkles. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced puffiness under the eyes and if it goes away after a few days. I very nervous about this. Any positive comments would be appreciated. THANKS!

I'm 46. It had been at least a year since my last fraxel. My APS certified Dr's office said it was safe and effective. I'm glad you had a good experience. But everyone is different and my experience was FAR from good. You don't always get the best prime rib at the most expensive restaurant either.