So Excited! Getting Lipo of Flanks and Upper Back Fat, then Gonna Save Up for Tummy Tuck Next

I am 31, 5"5, 180 pounds. So, far I have lost 20...

I am 31, 5"5, 180 pounds. So, far I have lost 20 pounds. I have always had what appears to be two sets of butt cheeks. As I have continued to lose weight it becomes more and more evident that it is not going anywhere. I have always dreamed of cosmetic surgery and can't believe my time has finally come. My pre op appointment is Nov 5th and I hope to reach my goal weight of 160 pounds by then. I have been exercising and eating healthy ahead of time because I want this to be a new way of life. Has anyone ever read about anybody who had work done and then gained weight back? I can't imagine wasting the money - that's my fear, don't want it to happen to me. I recently found this site and have been obsessed with it ever since. My plan is to have my back side taken care of first, then the front. I will post from time to time to chronicle my weight loss before surgery as well as what I will look like after surgery.

I took some before pictures but I guess they...

I took some before pictures but I guess they didn't load. will try again tonight

Had my pre op on Mon 11/5. Everything went well...

Had my pre op on Mon 11/5. Everything went well Im on for Nov 19th at 745am. Im so excited I could burst. I have been doing well with working out and eating right. I've lost five more pounds! (I'm down to 175, my goal weight is 150) Yay me! I got my perscriptions filled (something for nausea, percocet, an antibiotic, and a pack of arnica. Im uploading one more pic today to give a clear shot of all of the back rolls and the huge flank area. I will post again on the day of the surgery which is 11 days away. Im not in any way nervous, I hope I stay that way. Good luck to everyone.

Dear mytransformation,

Please check out the forum on weight gain 1 year post-lipo before your procedure. And post message me if you have any questions. The aesthetic and health risks of liposuction are very real - fat redistribution and endocrine issues are the biggest problems and the least talked about by plastic surgeons, unfortunately. Hey, if I were a PS, I most likely wouldn't tell patients how horrible lipo was on the body if I were making big bucks off it or my salary depended on it (actually I would now that I know 1st hand what happens but still). As someone who weighed 125 llbs at 5'4", is an athlete, eats extremely nutritious meals, and got the tiniest amount of liposuction, my fat still re-distributed and in very extreme ways (upper arms, upper abs, upper back, practically my entire upper body) plus I developed thyroid issues. I'd really encourage you to either a) reconsider getting liposuction all together and take up life-long exercise, while spending the money on a personal trainer and making long-term health goals (i.e. running a half/full marathon next year or competing in a bikini contest, or b) get a fat transfer/bbl if you really want to change your body quickly and with instant gratification.

Good luck to you and feel free to ask questions,
Julia
Hi there....you have a shape similar to mine...i'm 5'4 190 now...I had lipo on flanks, mons pubic and bra roll (underarm only) on May 15 1500cc removed then on July 24 went back and had my stomach done...I have always had a budda belly (larger above the belly button) this time I had 3200cc removed.....it's been nearly 6 weeks and i'm still swollen and sore and lumpy...I really didn't wear the compression garment like I should have ( maybe just about a week) it was so irratating (itchy)..so I will probably take longer to see my results...dr. said around 6 months or so.....hoping to see good results if I do i'm going to have the back side done.
I hope everything turns out well for you. Almost everyone complains about wearing the compression garments. I hope that I can keep my mine on as long as reccommended when the time comes. Did the Dr. say it would help if you start wearing it again?
I just had mine smart lipo a week ago with a power assisted cannula. Full Back including flanks and also arms. Couldn't be happier but the recovery process was super hard, specially the first 2 days. The nights are the worst but you can totally see the difference already (more in back than arms) and that's what make you happy right away. I always read but never write comments...the only reason I am writing is because looking at your pic I don't really really think you need a TT. Get a second opinion, I think you will be just fine with just lipo. You will great results specially if you already started a healthy eating and living lifestyle. TT is more for hanging skin. Think about it! Good luck!
thanks for the advice. I really appreciate your concern and will definately be getting a second opinion. I just thought a tummy tuck was what i needed. we only really discussed my backside in my consultation. I am going to talk to my dr about my stomach during my pre op appt on Nov. 5th and see what she says. I just never really considered lipo for my stomach because it sticks out so far. Thanks again and I'm happy for the results you have seen so far. Good luck with the rest of your recovery.
I'm not getting the tt because 1. Haven't had kids yet. 2. It leaves that awful scar. 3. My doc said I would be ok just getting the lipo. TT is more for tightening. Thanks again.
Those are all good reasons. I'm am battling with the reality of the scar.
good luck on your surgery mine is in October. Im not worried about getting the surgery its more of the healing process and after care I am a little nervous about.
Good luck to you too. I wish mine was in October. Timing just didn't work out for me to have it done then. I have to say I havent been that worried about the healing process. My doctor just said that I will be really sore like after a hard work out. I more nervous about my next procedure... the tummy tuck. I read that you are getting lipo on your stomach. What made you not consider a tummy tuck instead? Are you worried about hanging skin on your abdomen? Just Curious :) Again, good luck to you.
I know how you feel about being addicted to this website! I never even THOUGHT about the nausea, so that's another thing to worry about. Thank you for the well wishes, I hope that it works out for both of us! I'll keep my page updated as the date gets closer and closer. I am not planning on any other surgeries. I guess I'll want to see how this one goes and how it proportions my body. Then I'll also probably do what you're doing now and work on myself through diet and exercise. I wouldn't mind some boobs actually now that I think about... haha. But I'm getting ahead of myself! I hope you'll keep us updated with your progress! The date will get here sooner than you think for your surgery!!
Congrats on the progress you've made on your own! I decided to have my procedure back in May and decided that September was when I wanted to do it, but more just for timing. It's been nervous anticipation waiting for the day to come! How does it feel for you with almost 3 more months to go? How long will you take off for your procedure? And I do agree with not wanting to waste the money!!!!
The wait is so hard. I have been working out and eating right. I just can't wait!!!! I look on this site everyday to live through others who have made it to the other side. The only thing that I am worried about is the nausea, not so much the pain. I dream about it night and day! This site is so helpful. I am getting my surgery done on Nov 19th which is a monday. I will be going back to work on the following monday the 26th. Good luck to you, I hope everything turns out well for you. You look great now so I know you will look fantastic afterwards. Are you planning on any other surgeries? I also just started using latisse too (haven't seen any results yet - week 2).

Keep up the good work with the diet and exercise!  This will only help your results later.  Also after the procedure make sure to follow the same program.  As with any cosmetic procedure there is maintenance involved.