Very Happy with Eyelid Surgery

I am 42yrs old and 7 days into PO. No Pain at all....

I am 42yrs old and 7 days into PO. No Pain at all. My eyelids are going to look great once the swelling is gone. Will take another week or so.

As you can see from my pics I am healing very fast, I am lucky to be able to work from home but if you have to go back to work in a office or so, give yourself 14 days. I went to a Doc who does only eyelid surgery and Face lifts. Nothing else. So try to avoid those doctors who do it all. Have it done by a specialist!

Photo Update

Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon

looking really nice
Originally from the area and would love to have my eyelids done here after all the raves... I hope you will share your phenomenal surgeon with me. Please email ihatemeanpeople@comcast.net. SO appreciated as this mama of three looks haggard!

your uppers look so good!! i am going to check out your dr. for sure!!!

I just had some stitches removed and my surg cleaned the areas. It looks beautiful already! He said the bruising will go away and the bloodshot in my right eye too. Not to worry. I am thrilled!
Hi dimsumjenny, Can you post a picture? I would love to know where you went to have your surgery. I also live in silicon valley and am looking at going for a consultation in Fremont. I think knowing where not to go is as important as knowing where to go. V
Hi Vallee, I haven't been to this site for a long time. I did my upper lid surgery with Dr Eric Okamoto in Fremont in Jan 2009 and I'm very satisfied with the result.
be very careful with eyelid surgeries. I wish I can met some of you in person and show you what happen to my eyes. My eyes looks like I am in in my 90's. My mom is 79 and her eyes looks much younger. Not all doctors can do the job and the one I went to messed me up really bad and he acted like he is GOD......... He is a eye doctor that claim to have oculplasty experience. I don't think I can get all those scars he gave me me remove. I got two different size and shape of eyes. If you live in the siliconvalley of california, I can show you my eyes. I was born with double eyelids, but wanted to remove an extra crease. I regret it now.
I only had the uppers done. With the lowers you have to be very careful not to remove too much skin .Other wise you look to hollow. Make up after 10 day. And if you use mascara get the kiss me blinc. It's tubing not mascara. Believe me you DON"T want to rub your eyes for a long time.
You look amazing! Did you do the upper and the lower or just the upper? I have a lot of wrinkly skin on the bottom and was wondering if that would get rid of it. How long after the surgery can you start to wear make up?
I am east asian and obaji blender and obaji clear worked for me, but it took a while. I had to used it for 5 months.
Jen, I talked to the ladies in the Doc's office about resurfacing and decided not to do it. I did Botox (which ROCKS!) and Perlane. And I am using Obagi. Obagi works for me.
Obagi? OMG, I am soooo new to this that I have never even heard of this. I had very crepey skin under my eyes prior to the bleph and although it's not as bad now I am still not liking the look when I smile. I want a longer lasting procedure such as laser or chemical peel. But do tell more about Obagi...PLEASE =] Oh, and I am definately sold on Botox after seeing my sister's results.
Hi Jen. I never knew about obagi before going to see my Girl for the Botox. Everyone claims it's by prescription only, which is not true because you can get it on Ebay :)And let me tell you something Obagi at the Doctors office is EXPENSIVE. About $300 - 500 for the starter kit! Ebay $136 factory sealed and authentic. I also got the Day and Night cream, another $45 each and after 21 days I see results that I never saw with any cream before. (And I tried them all, spend lot's of money for lot's of creams.) Even my husband is using it now, he just got his own kit. How cute :) check them out on the internet. What are you using now ?
Thanks so much girlfriend!! I'll check it out! I'll have to admit, my cabinet is stocked full of useless face creams that have produced no visible miracles! lol I'm thinking that once the doctor get me back on track that I'll certainly invest in better creams for daily moisture. Going to schedule an under peel Monday 04/27, then on to Botox. Ain't aging fun! haha I'll post more before and after pics once I get that done.
Jen jen. Let me know how your peel went! I know you will LOVE Botox! It's awesome! I am waiting for Reloxin to be approved here in the USA. In Europe (where I am from, that's why my English writing is so funky) Everyone is using Reloxin and not Botox. Reloxin works faster and lasts longer. Once it's approved here, the prices for both of them will come way down. (good for us :) ) You know Jen, I do admire Women who embrace their wrinkles. I really do! But I am not the kind Girl who is looking in the mirror in the morning and just soooooo looooooves to smear her favorite eyeshadow into her sagging eyelids and listening to her butt deflating and her boobs slooooowly dropping to the floor. Lol! Maybe at 60. but not at 42. So Botox and fillers Rock for now :) Keep me posted on your peel and Botox. Talk to you soon
OK girl, getting my chem peel tomorrow 04/29. The doc tells me the recovery will be WORSE than my Bleph...ugggh!!! I'm apprehensive, but hopeful it will help. And I hear ya about everything drooping, droping, sagging...BLAH! lol
Hi, there...could you please tell me what Obagi products you use. There are so many I don't know where to begin. It helped your under eye crepiness?? Thanks.
Hi Jen-Jen: I was wondering how your chemical peel went? I had an upper bleph done almost three months ago. I'm unhappy with the results but up till now my PS insisted I had to wait 6 months to see a full result. Now she tells me I can have a peel to tighten the skin because it still looks creepy! I too am a little scared of the procedure, if you can give me soom insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi Renee, I posted some info and pics regarding my peel. Look under Chemical Peel or Phenol Peel to read and see more.

Edited by Sharon: Here's a direct link to the review: OUCH!

tutta, no muscle or fat removed only tissue. I told the Doc to make it look super natural, not to remove too much skin. I went to see 4 doctors before making a decision. And I chose him because I saw his girls working there and they all look like they never had anything done. He was the most expensive one, but when it comes to your EYES it should not matter how much more you have to pay for fab results
thank you so much for sharing. I'm always amazed how brave everyone is for posting. But your eyes look great and very naturally refreshed. COngrats! I'd like to have mine done but really want a conservative approach - just tissue only. Was muscle and fat removed in your procedure? And were you able to discuss that with you doc? --
I'm also 42 and had my uppers and lowers done 03/04. Have my 6 week PO check 04/27. At that time I'm going to see about resurfacing my under eyes and possibly entire face. Any info on this? I am totally new to all of this. I do know that after my resurfacing, whatever that may be, I am going to get started with Botox. My younger sister did this last month and the results are remarkable! Congrats on your great results!! Jen
I've had two Fraxel treatments) that is th name of the machine. I swear by them. They are ususualy brown sun sports and raised mole on your face. It's wonderful! It almost cloased my pores amd realy digitially improved my face. Today I had Eylid (uppers) done and i's going to take a little longer to hSearl. Buy will keep you posted. Rescue