So Excited After my First Treatment with PicoSure! - Vernon Hills, IL

Tanning and acne have taken their toll on a tattoo...

Tanning and acne have taken their toll on a tattoo that I got when I was 18. It looks like hell and I want it GONE. When researching my options I came across information about the PicoSure laser and how it was so much more effective than previous tattoo removal lasers. I found the closest office that had this laser near me, read a positive review about this particular place, and booked an appointment.

Is it cheap? No. But it seems like a bargain to me because I will finally be rid of something that has bothered me/affected my self esteem for years.

I decided to not opt for the anesthetic cream before my first treatment. It did hurt, yes-- but I saved $30 by sucking it up for the 3 minutes it took to go over the tat. PicoSure felt like little rubber bands snapping the skin continuiously and/or like being hit by hot grease repeatedly. My doctor also used two older layers after the PicoSure in order to give me better results.

Day 8

Pics I took this morning. I'm happy so far :)

Day 8

Day 8- again

Sorry, I can't seem to delete the other two "Day 8" entries. All I wanted to do was add a close up pic to the one. So, here it is...

Day 16

Some discoloration from scabby areas. Not sure if those were from the laser or acne. *sigh*. It's okay though, I'm still digging the results so far :)

Round 2

I had my second treatment with Picosure on December 27th. This time I opted for numbing, which may or may not have to do with the severe blistering and weeping I had for the first 1-2 days before I drained the blisters. As you can probably see from the pics, this time the tattoo area is much more irritated and raw-looking than it was after my first treatment. Not a big deal though--I'm keeping it cleaned, creamed and bandaged.

The woman who prepped me and Dr. Ritacca were both impressed at how much the tattoo had faded in just one treatment. At first, they thought I had had more than one. Ritacca estimated that once this second treatment heals, it will be 95% gone. I'm super happy about that obviously, but will be miffed with myself if the whole thing is gone after 3 treatments (I paid for a package of four). Oh well, I can't complain--I feel like I'm reclaiming a part of my body and that is awesome. I can't wait to be able to wear upper-back revealing shirts, dresses, and swimsuits. And I'm so excited that I won't have to explain the tattoo ever again--it will no longer be an unwanted topic of conversation.

The minor pain and the inconvenience of having to drive 3 hours out of my way (with an ungodly number of tollbooths *chaching*) is totally worth it. At least, so far. I have high hopes for this second treatment :D

Second treatment results--Day 15

The scabs have healed and now I'm waiting patiently for the red skin to turn back to its normal flesh color (hopefully it will). I would really love for the remaining gray marks to fade even more in the six months I have until my next treatment. As you can see, there are some stubborn areas where the pigment was a little darker/more embedded than others. At this point, it's hard for me to see if any of the colored ink remains. Overall, I'm still very pleased with the way things are going.
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

The whole office seems to run very efficiently, which I appreciated. My appointment (which included a consultation) was at noon and I was out of there by 12:45. Awesome! The staff, nurse, and doctor were all very friendly and professional. I feel like I am in capable hands and I expect to see great results due to their competence. So far, so good. Hopefully my other appointments with them will be just as nice.

Hey, your tattoo looks almost gone, so encouraging! How's it looking now? Thanks for sharing :)
It looks about the same as the last photo I posted, which is why I haven't updated yet. I will upload another pic before my third treatment, which will be in June. Maybe I'll upload one sooner--we'll see :-)
Impressive results for only 2 treatments!! Do you know what setting the laser is at?
I think the prep lady said 3-point-something
That looks to be a very thorough treatment. From my research, the more of the tattoo covered in scabbing after a treatment, the better - this means they've meticulously targeted the majority of the ink. Your results are massively encouraging; I can't wait to see how that's looking in a few weeks time.
Me too. I thought I felt him go over certain areas at least three times, which is something I didn't notice during my first treatment. I think it was easier for him to see the more stubborn areas since a good portion of the tattoo had disappeared or faded. He didn't feel the need to mix it up with different, older lasers this time either. Also, I appreciated the fact that he asked his assistant if she could see any spots he might have missed. Very thorough guy, and very invested in his work.
Looks great! I so relate to you're excitment about being done with this "unwanted topic of conversation"!
simply the best results I have seen on the Picosure - you should ask yout practice to use you as a sample to show how great things can work out to others. Its great to see such results.
I didn't have to ask them--they were all excited about using me as an example in the future and made sure to take pics and get my consent.
Looks great! I read somewhere that pico may help with old scarring...maybe it will help with the effects of acne..?? Let us know if you notice anything:) Congrats on the awesome results!!
Thanks! I will let you know if I notice less acne scarring after all is said and done. Or rather, my pictures will :)

I am digging your results too ;) So happy for you!!!

Thanks!
Results are looking great! One more treatment might even get the job done!
Wow!!! That's amazing!
Amazing results so far! I'm going to Dr Ritacca for my 5th tx this Friday. Excited and dreading it at the same time.
I've kept up with your review. There is a dramatic difference between your original pics and recent ones! Hang in there. Just curious--do you get the numbing cream beforehand?
I got the numbing injections
Great fading! How long are you waiting between treaents?
Thanks! 6 weeks
Wow!!! This is so encouraging! I'm feeling anxious, as always on the night before my next treatment; I find coming here to read others stories and seeing others results really helps. Thanks so much for posting!

Hey there lotuscat, will you be posting a review soon, would be so great to see you in the community :)

Hey Eva, I've been thinking about it! As much as I don't want photo proof of my current horrendous tattoo online, I realize that it may help others who are in my position in the future! I will most likely start my review once I've had a chance to try the Picosure at the end of this month. Tomorrow is my last session with the Q-Switch before I start going to another location on the 26th. I only hope I see the kinds of results other are getting with the Picosure! :)

I'm glad you are considering it, it really does help others and I find it helps yourself, it's a great way to document the procedure and talk about your thoughts, I know it works for me :) I am no stranger to Tattoo Removal. So whenever you are ready that would be wonderful, let me know if you have any questions, just shoot me a Private Message anytime.

Thanks Eva! I'll do that! :)