It Takes Time to Work - Ventura, CA

I am a 72 year old woman and it was suggested by...

I am a 72 year old woman and it was suggested by my dermatologist that I try Sculptra for the lines on my chin and the hollows of my cheeks. I had three injections over four months.It was very discouraging because I did not see any results. I thought I had just thrown $2400 down the drain. It took about eight months before the my body started to react with the Sculptra. The skin on my chin is much firmer and the line along my jaw is gone. I am so happy with the results. I will have the procedure done again when this effect goes away.

It may have taken longer for Scultra to take effect because of my age.

It takes Time To Work

How many vivals of sculptra did y'all do at one time? I am having 3 done at the end of May. Is it worth it or not going to cost $2400. He said I would probably have to have 2 more vivals after theses.
I had 7 under one years period and got a very bad overproduction over reaction, and it c on over night been sick now for 4 years.
I am so sorry to hear that. Your the first person that I have read about that got sick from it. How long ago did u do it and how many vivals did u have done a one setting ? Did you swell or bruise if so for how long?
It's tens of thousands that have got reactions some so bad required surgery, some still sick after 10 years. One at each setting under one year I had 7 all together. Swelling that can't be stoped and pain redness moldy skin texture happened three month after last injection
Absolutely not specially if an reaction could happen and it can some from just two veils no way of knowing way or if it will occur. If it does it can go on from two to five years longer in some cases, life gets ruined. Sad is many Dr don't believe it never heard of it etc. Extremely scary.
It's other things and fillers out there that's much better and safer
us "older gals" have to stick together.....it looks like the Sculptura did a very nice job with thhe graininess on your chin!
nice to hear that you got results...I have been told it takes a while and can take at least three vials at an older age to make a difference..thank you for this, keep us all informed!
The results are fantastic! Congrats! I worry that I lack patience for sculptra...sigh...the need for instant results! :)

I am in my early 70's, and have had 2 injections so far, I do not see any change at all. Nothing,zero. I am very disappointed. Next visit to the dr, is at the end of the month.

I think the collagen takes longer to form because of your age. It should be comforting that the reviewer above thought it did not work like you but saw results after 8 months and she is in her 70's like you. So try and be patient.
I would love to hear how things are going for you now that it has been a while....any improvements?
Excellent results! I don't think radiesse or juvi would give the same nice results. With slow growth, comes longer lasting product longevity.
Yes, it can take time, but my skin texture is ruined by Sculptra.
What happened to your skin texture? I had radiesse and juvi done a few months ago and voila..I now have horrendous wrinkles on my cheeks when I smile..not good!..and now they're recommending sculptra to smooth out..
Sculptra does nothing for skin texture who ever said that is out if there mind . Sculptra supposed to bring voulem back. When a reaction happens you get inflammation that gives you mouldy skin texture.
Derma roller or Titan helps your skin texture or TCA peel
Thank you for the advice..I have a derma roller sitting in my drawer still in its package...maybe time to break it open!

Its great to hear that it did work, even if it took longer than expected. Was there a reason you opted for Sculptra over the fillers where you see more immediate changes, such as Juvederm or Restylane?

I did not know it would take so long. It was recommended by my dermatologist since Juvederm and Restylane would not have filled in my chin and reduced the lines as sculptra.

I see. Well if you get to a place where you feel like you need more filler, but don't want to have the wait time you might ask them if Radiesse would work for the area.