Back to Basics, Removing my Implants - Venice, CA

I am writing this as a way to pay it forward...

I am writing this as a way to pay it forward because this sight has helped guide me through my research and decision making.

I am having my breast implants removed and a full mastopexy.

I am tired of feeling any and all shirts look too provocative, the feeling of weights on my chest, the uneasy feeling because they're so "obvious" and I can't find a cute shirt to save my life.

I will post pictures later.

The pre-op is coming up in a week.

I am nervous but excited to go back to being "me."

Here is a current picture of me.

Here is a current picture of me.

I went to the pre-op today. I was given my...

I went to the pre-op today. I was given my prescription for my antibiotics and Vicodin. I was also given Arnica to take one week before and one week post-surgery.

The procedure is now paid in full!
There is no turning back now!!!

Hubby will have to give his farewell/good-bye to these pieces of plastic! I can't wait to be able to stand up straight! I hunch to hide them and I am sure my posture has paid the consequences.

Finally out!

Well, they are out!

It was quite shocking to wake up and not see the large girls for the first time.

I just took a pain pill in hopes of staying ahead of the pain.

Ouch

Well, I guess it was too good to be true. I'm am now swollen and in pain. I'll just have to keep trying to relax despite my obvious inability to sit still. I can't sleep and I could feel the pressure to the incisions. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Hubby is returning to work so I'm pretty much on my own now. I return to work on Monday so I'm hoping I feel a lot better by then. Plus, I still have to plan my strategy since I am walking in without my DDs.

From a DD to this.....

I changed my gauze and took a picture of what I'm currently working with. Luckily the pressure I felt last night is pretty much gone.

I'm not sure if I'm waiting for them to fluff or settle down from being swollen.

Photo is not accurate...

By the way, the picture makes them look a lot bigger than they are. Strange.

Take it easy....

This is what I've been told and have read over and over on this sight. However, throw in Father's Day and an unexpected barbecue for the hubby and close friends/family in the equation and the outcome is just not good. I know I overdid it. I tried to be as careful as possible but I guess that was not enough. I hope I don't pay for this later. I am feeling a sharp pain on my lower outer incision of my left breast. Why am I writing this as an update? So hopefully some of you ladies that are going to go through the procedure or have recently done it know when to put your foot down and say NO. Take care of YOU.

16 days post op

I am getting antsy with the whole healing process. I am gaining wait from just a little over 2 weeks on inactivity. I am trying to stay focused on the big picture. Pretty soon I will be able to run without lower back pain when running up a hill. I am loving the thought of that.

Stitches are out!!!

Having my stitches removed makes my healing process a little more official. 22 days post op!! Yay!!!

Oops...forgot to include an update.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I went to several consultations and was quite disappointed at the surgeons for trying to up-sale another procedure. I even had a doctor request that I make a full circle and then proceeded to tell me that I require major work. The consultants were pushy and quite snobby. Dr. Hughes appears to be on top of it. I posted a request for a consultation on a Saturday evening and he responded immediately. He agreed to see me in between surgeries a few days later with no wait time. I knew once I met him I had found my surgeon. He listened, focused on my area of concern and was candid about potential outcomes. He did not try to sell me another surgery. He truly remained focused and listened.

Hey DD, you haven't updated in a bit...hope everything is good with you...! :-) I see your doc checked in to see how you were doing as well!
Hi NG! I just hit my 6 week mark so pictures will follow shortly. I'm about to begin using the strips. I'm just waiting for one last little scab to fully heal and fall off. I went on a 2 week camping trip with my family. It was hard to leave my little ones and return to work. :( ...how are you?
Hey! 2 week vacation- fun! :-) Work- not fun. :-( I thought that maybe my previous comment had scared you off. I asked for you to post other angles, and even while I was typing it I thought, "I hope she doesn't think I'm a pervert for asking for more pics of her boobs." lol. Glad that wasn't the case! I'm doing good! I think I'm going to leave my scar alone. I'll wait until I get a lift however many years from now. I saw your comment to your PS about how great your results are. I'm so excited to see your pics!!! How are your breasts feeling? Still pretty tender, I would assume. And how much are you loving your profile in clothing now? Lucky you, you won't even need a bra!
You look great. I hope you are happy with the results. Happy healing.
Hi Dr. Hughes! I responded yesterday but it did not post. I feel great! I completely love my results. You did such an amazing job. I hit my six week mark and went on my first run. I lost my wind and grew tired quickly but I assume that's normal. It felt so good to not feel back pain while running at an incline. This means I will only get better and faster! I love it! Thank you for checking on me. But mostly, thank you for giving me my body back. You are a genius!
That is why I do what I do -- To help great people like you.
Girl, you look awesome! Pretty, pretty boobies. Your scars look so thin- fingers crossed they stay that way! It's true what the PS say- when the shape is good, you don't really notice the scars. Will you be posting other angles? I am asking for my own research purposes, of course. ;-) Are the crease scars slightly obove the fold or exactly in? Happy 4th and let someone else throw the barbeque!
I cannot BELIEVE how great you're looking after 16 days. I hear you about the exercise! Be careful, I keep trying to slip some in and end up overdoing it and having a set back :-/ Congrats again on your awesome results!
Lol! You are looking great as well!! I just saw your update. We are getting there! They feel like tiny newborn baby steps though! Watch that exercise. I think we can begin some basics after week three. I'll ask my PS this Tuesday during my follow up. I have 3 more weeks for my feet to his the pavement and I can't wait. Running is my "me" time that I only share with my running partner of ten years, my huge doggie that swears he's a lap dog. :-)
I bet your doggie misses those runs even more than you do. :-)
THAT is a GREAT result!! I can't believe you are only 16 days post! You are healing so well! I am very happy for you!! Such a nice shape and fullness. Did you try on some tops, etc yet? Don't fret on the weight, you already lost 2 lbs with surgery, so don't forget to factor that in. :-) How are your incisions feeling? They look really well done. I LOVE your new profile pic. It's so fabulous and so true (and less scary than your Dia de Los Muertos skull lol)!
Thanks NG! I guess the Arnica worked wonders. Now that the tape is gone I can see some differences in my areolas. Can't expect perfection. My PS was great with giving me the pros/cons so I had realistic expectations. I am happy with the results so far. He put in good effort and I am very grateful for that. I have not ventured into any clothing stores yet. But I did drop off 2 bags full of work and casual tops at the battered women's shelter so I have a closet to fill up. :) I can't wait to try on some summer shirts and dresses!!! I still can't pick anything over a few pounds or I feel pressure in the incision area. Isn't that profile pic so fitting? I love it as well! I am anxiously waiting to start using those sili strips! I am still worried about the scarring. :(
Recovery is no joke! I picked up my 10lb cat about 2 weeks after removal and payed for it with a pulled pec muscle that throbbed. There is a lot of healing going on in there! Those silicone patches RiversTwo recommends are really good. They help your scars lay flat and also keep them from getting irritated. I also bought mine from amazon- they come in inconvenient sizes (like overl- large bandaids), but are easily cut into strips to fit over your scars. Btw, your before nips weren't 'grotesque'- they just got stretched- the same thing happened with mine. :-/ The things we don't know beforehand, eh?
Ng my scars look nasty so i have started having micro current therapy...it helps by stimulating the blood flow back into and around the scars..Softens them. Phew yes this is a process!! Still thrilled to have my little ones back though :)
Light...I don't think your scars look bad!? Besides, you are in the 'ugly' phase of scar maturation. After 6 months, they will start lightening. With my pale skin, my scars stay dark for at least a year. :-/ I wonder if the ultrasound tx I had is similar to micro current therapy? Argh...I see I wrote 'payed' instead of 'paid'. Is payed even a word? lol. I SO wish we could edit on this site! Maybe I should try proofreading before I submit. :-)
Thanks NG! So positive! I wish I could turn back time yet still hold on to my current knowledge! Lol! The PS said I have some fluid so the hubby is now on board with stepping it up a little more. Otherwise all I good.
I agree with NG! You are still in the healing stage Light. I had keloid scarring from my BA which eventually flattened out. I'm going to look into those silicone strips and will hope for the best.
Yes, it would be SO awesome to have a 'do over'! I'd start at age 14. lol. ;-) Keloids on your areola? You must have been so upset! :-O The silicone strips are supposed to be left on as much as possible for three months. I liked them because as I mentioned before, they keep fabrics from rubbing and irritating the scars. And they really do seem to lighten/ flatten them!
Great news! Sign me up coach!!! Lol! How long after the surgery did you start putting them on? I will have my stitches for 2 more weeks (7/2/13). I can't wait to give them a try! Especially since you are seeing an improvement!
I started late in the game, about 3 months post. My PS had me paper taping the scars at 3 weeks, so I would imagine I could have started using them around that time. You should check with your PS to make sure. I had one PS tell me that removable stitches leave better scars- lucky you! I had internal sutures plus glue and I wonder if this is what caused my scar attachment? I plan on an update soon and I'll post a pic of my scars for you and maybe the sili strips too. You can see how stupidly the scars are placed!!!, but you'll also see that they are very flat and not spread out at all. I'm glad I didn't do a lift at the same time because seeing where she placed my scars that were supposed to be in my crease makes me think I might look like Frankenstein's monster if I'd have let her have a go at a lift! :-/ So, what are you working with? C, D? Have you tried on any clothing yet to see how much thinner you look?!
Hi NG...yes i think the therapies are similar...and really do help with scarring. I also have some internal scarring... (Hard lumps) and the therapy is reallly helping to soften and diminish them..only started last week and it will be twice a weeks for two or three weeks ..after that they should be ok. The other thing is that i still have stitches in there in four different places :( I see the doc on Friday and he will remove them...i hope it doesn't leave more scarring. I think i'll pop a valium before i go in to see him because i know it will be uncomfortable removing them.. NG you are great and thanks for all your support. :) xx
I'll ask about the strips in 2 weeks. I hope you're right about the scars because right about now I sure feel like my boobs look like patches. Lol! It looks like I might end up with a C which was what I started with in the first place. I'm not sure though since I might still be swollen. Especially today after a 12 hr work day. It was my first day back and my people had a load full of work surprises. I have not ventured into clothing stores yet. I can't wait till it all settles down and I can do some shopping! It will be nice to wear my size again. Although the no-exercise thing has done wonders in just one week! I need to stop eating like a man because I can no longer fall back on exercise! I just love food....what can I say? Lol!
Light, once you're done you'll have to tell us how it worked. I do not have the resources for scar treatment at the moment but since I do not plan to do anything further to my poor boobs I will have to explore other options if the sili strips don't work. I'm truly crossing my fingers they do. NG, post pics when you can. Unfortunately for me, I think the keloid scarring is both genetic and cultural. I would think that the glue would make the scarring more even. Let's just cross our fingers and sit tight waiting on our final results. :)
Light, when you say you have stitches in four places, do you mean you are spitting stitches or you have stitches that need to be removed? If they are spitting, that sucks and I'm sorry. :-( I was lucky that I never had that issue. Definitely pop a Valium- I don't think it will hurt much, but the discomfort is always less when you feel relaxed. I just took a good look at your scars again and I really think they look like they are going to heal perfectly! And your areolas are really nice and round! I'll post a close-up pic of my scars in the early days and now, since I'm about 6.5 mos out. You'll see how awful one looked at first, and how it turned out smooth. Really, it looked like sh%$! with weird red lumps around it, just lumpy and gross and now it's okay (apart from the internal adhesion, of course). I just have to figure out how to load the pics into my new computer! :-/ Always happy to support my girls, just like you guys support me! :-D
DD (CC!), a C cup sounds perfect! Full, but not too big to sag in the future! Try on some shirts/dresses that you looked heavy in before, the ones that rolled of your boobs mumu-style. The difference is amazing! The only bad thing is the realization that the belly can stick out further than the tatas now, but that just means I gotta keep things in check! I've gained weight since explant. I lost weight from stress/anxiety beforehand. I guess I'm "lucky" that I'm not a stress-eater, but a stress NON-eater, but that just means that anytime I'm not stressed, I have a very healthy appetite! I also love food and one of my fave hobbies is cooking/ baking, and sometimes it shows! lol. :-) I'll post pics soon, maybe tomorrow- if I can figure out how!!