Vela-waste of Time & $$...

I had 6 treatments with the newer generation...

I had 6 treatments with the newer generation "Velashape" to the butt and thighs. My before and after photos look identical....no circumference reduction or reduction in the appearance of cellulite whatsoever. Also, it is painful and I got quite bruised each treatment. I am really disappointed.

Furthermore, if it does work, it is not permanent, as they lead you to believe on all of the TV spots they've done on Youtube. Save your money for lipo. This was an absolute waste of $$. I was supposedly a good candidate since I am otherwise thin and in good shape. What a disappointment!

If you're in NYC sign up for Pure Yoga's Figure Four six week studio membership $245 a month. I'm 12 weeks in and have noticed a HUGE difference with my cellulite. I have been going to classes at least four times a week, started drinking tons of water and eat healthy. I don't weigh myself, because I measure my results by how I feel and look BUT I'm 4'11 and was wearing size 26 jeans..27 if I wanted a liitle more room. I'm now fitting into 25's quite comfortably. It's tough (the classes fly by but leave you sore everytime) AND expensive but works.....I feel friggin' fantastic too.
I'm sorry.... I meant to say six month membership, not six weeks.
Don't recommend the vela shape. It is a waste of time and lots of money!!
in Canada try PURE MED--
well, i wasnt intererested to get skinnier, men dont like bones and skin shapes btw....lol but it helped me to tone up 4 a short time, it does sculpture the body shapes more sexy, and helped fight my problem with bloating skin.... i know a woman who does 6 areas of vela per session - she has a big body, and she gets great results....
You must be selling something, and I am fully aware men don't like skin and bones. I said i was thin, not skin and bones. Get a grip sister.
I did endermologie with it too, nothing. I'm already thin... maybe you're not and that's why it works for you, or maybe you're selling something... ?
Vela works very well, especially if u combine it 1st endermologie and after do the velashape per session... U girls r super funny here - waist so much money on bull shit. I see beautiful women every single day working as exotic dancer. Some girls do these crazy treatments for there ass and then later there ass get super ugly, or some girls do the liposuction on there belly and then all fat goes down to ass and they still look ugly...So girls believe me as the one whose profits depends on the beautiful body look - don`t do all these crazy treatments doctors sell u. Endermologie is great to get read of the bloating skin look, especially before the period, and vela shape does work well in getting slimmer. Just the major reason why women don`t loose there big forms because they think " ok i`m doing the vela shape so i can still eat like a pig" and they do and then at the end they say oooh vela shape doesn`t help. Come on! Beautiful body is a big work! Don`t eat too much and too late at night! Go to the gym at least 2 time a week! Have more sex with your boyfriends - its the best way to keep urself in hot shape! And add to that some Vela shap and Endermologie - that`s it. In 2 -3 weeks you`ll see awesome results and you will feel urself on 1billion dollars as I do. That`s why every single night a break 1000nds of hearts and wallets))) It`s that easy...Just stop being lazy, hungry - Fat ass girls - become Exciting, Energetic and dangerous Phat ass Ladies!!! Good luck:)
Velashape made my inner thighs worse, although they weren't that bad at all, but just wanted some minor tightening and smoothing. I really wanted to wear shorts this summer, but am thinking now of doing some ultrasound massage, Fractional CO2 and filler to see if it helps. Waste of time and money for sure.
Vela Shape is a waste of money. My mother and I both went for treatments and both gained weight after the fact. I NEVER in my life weighed as much as I do now and it's all due to velashape. I had vela shape done at American Laser centers, the worse place ever are my treatments they wanted me to add more sessions for obviously an additional fee.

My suggestion is DO NOT DO IT. If you have a few thousand dollars to throw away go ahead but the trick to get rid of your celluite is water and exercise, Velashape WILL NOT help you.
so I laser body lipo and now I still have excess skin. I went for a consultation for velashape and it seemed great but I always do my reseach and thats how I found this. What other options do i have to tighten up my skin besides the expensive tummy tuck
Agree. Why I went to SmoothShapes!....that works!!!!!
Im 18 and I been having cellulites since I was about 15 I have dimples on each cheek on my butt and I hate it. I do believe I have a nice body but the fact that I have such horrible cellulite andt these dimples makes me want to take velashape. Ineed someones advice I dont know if I should start some sessions and go along and do or what else to try. I've done so many creams and nothing works someone give me a great idea!
Velashape is about understanding what it can do for you - with realistic expectations. Velashape will NOT permanently remove your cellulite - but it WILL improve the appearance of it. If you're willing to spend money on a treatment FOR cellulite, this is still your best option with what we have available to us these days. It is VERY possibly to see great results with this treatment if done the right way, with the right intervals, and at least a series of 8 treatments. For each session to be effective, the technician must get the area being treated to a certain level of heat AND sustain that level of heat for a period of time. If your velashape provider is advanced enough, he/she should have a thermometer to measure the "clinical endpoint" of the treatment. Also, a new addition has been added to the Vela family of products, called Velashape 2, which is stronger in heat than it's earlier version. I work with a group of girls who have experienced working with the Velashape I and the patient feedback has been much better in regards to the newer version. AGAIN - if you are going to spend money on something for your cellulite, Velashape 2 is still your best option.
What you need to look for is lypossage. I'm a lypotherapist and I can attest to the difference it can make. My first cliet went from a size 16 to a size 12! Yes it is a uncomfortable at first (just in the thigh area). This is due to your fasical restriction and is exactly what a therapist is targeting. Fasicla restrictions severly limit the body's blood and lympatic flows to a region. Yes the cost is alot. It's cost is normally just shy of $2000. However, keep in mind that it really shows and gives results, it is dramatically cheaper than liposuction and it covers more area as well, and it is completely non-invasive. The whole point is to clear out your lymphatic drains, restore the lymphatic system to a healthy state (the lymphatic system is you body's toxin disposal system), and rid fascial restrictions that are limiting your body's ability to rejuvanate and heal your tissues.
I do NOT recommend injecting that much filler in your behind unless you want to risk dying of a pulmonary embolus like Miss Argentina. meso therapy with collagenase works for cellulit. and if there are big valleys and hills of fat, do a little lipodissolve with PC/DC first. no death risk in this procedure. adn, for many vela and other machines work well enough.
Ok Im trying to do my research on vela shape. I have cellulie on my buttock and thighs and want to get rid of it before summer comes! AAAA! But all im hearing is bad things about it! Please help! It is 2010 now has there been any progress with vela shape? Is there a difference with velashape and velasmooth? I been calling clinics and getting consults for next wk and I hear different prices all around orange county! I even found an office for $400 for 4 treatments! TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE RIGHT? all the other clinics run 1000-1500. Another clinic in San Bernadino runs for 600 for 4 treatments! I really want to get rid of my cellulite is there any other procedures anyone has had results! PLEASE HELP! txs =)
I hope you changed your mind - the only thing that will be lighter is your bank account. I did 10 sessions and spent 2000.00 before I did research on line. What a doofus - if I read these blogs first I would have not even bothered. I could have got that same area lipo'd for 2000.00 I look at it this way, I just spent 2000.00 for an education. Its my annual "dumb-tax" that I pay every year, right up there with overdraft fees and clothes that dont fit but I buy them anyway because they are on sale.
Too good to be true? Maybe...or, the office might be desperate to get someone in for their treatments... Yes, there has been some progress with Velashape! They've introduce Velashape 2 earlier this year...which is 20% stronger. Our patients are quite happy! What's key, however, is having realistic expectations. It will most certainly help to improve the appearance of the cellulite...but unfortunately, nothing takes it away permanently. Even with the Velashape 2, our office is recommending at least 8 treatments, with maintenance sessions every 2-4 months. We would love to give you a free demo of our velashape 2 machine if you are interested! Our office is located in Glendora Ca.
I am on my third treatment of VelaShape for my stomach. I had a huge baby and have not been able to get rid of the extra skin I've tried loosing weight got down to a zero that didn't help so I tried gaining weight, to see if that would fill it in went up to a size nine, still didn't help. So I'm trying this to see if maybe I can get my smooth stomach back. So far there is good results. It has defenitly tightened my skin. I see all of these bad reviews here, I wonder if it only works on a certain skin types. Although really skinny people always think they are huge no matter what. I have three more treatments. We'll see how I do.
I got my first treatment today. I have 3 sessions left, and I am doing Abs and flanks. First off, I am not a doctor, but if I understand correctly, the suction lifts the fat and the laser delivers a pulse below the surface of the skin into the fat to break it up. I believe it basically superheats it, so the fat cells pop and your body reabsorbs the liquid into your lymphatic system. Although not as invasive as the lipodissolve, because it only penetrates a short distance below the skin's surface. SOOOO, let me just say warm massage is NOT what I experienced, the suction felt good, but the targeted laser pulses burn like a hot iron. It is excruciating for half a second, and a few times I cried out. The more pulses in a row, the hotter it got!! I kept thinking "of course, dummy, your fat tissue is being melted off you from the inside with no anesthesia!" Anyway, I did lose a half inch today. Also, the tech told me to take advantage of the treatment by doing some cardio and ab workout today. She described it as a way to take advantage of the fat that was being burned, and to boost the process. So I did a little, but was sore. Also, I have been drinking water and tea to flush out the by products of the treatment. I'll let u know how it goes.
Ok...see after all these comments, you're the one I most relate too. I am also starting abs and flanks. I really don't have a lot of cellulite say, but body contouring and fat cell burning is what I heard. I have one done one session, but I am really thinking about backing out before it gets out of control expensive and I lose money. I wanted this for my wedding but I am thinking its not going to be good. American Laser Center was at a Bridal show I attended and said I won $300.00 towards a procedure. After listening to the lady, I thought this might be good. But today I talked to my best friend and she said she had read about it and said "don't do it." I have already done the one, but that's why I am here to see what everyone is saying. Have you had any more luck with yours???
I also "won" the 300.00 - everybody wins. American Laser Centers does not have the best reputation if you look up American Laser Center complaints you will find tons and tons of posting from angry consumers. You wont get your money back either, and I hope you didnt apply for the Care Credit because that is a nightmare too. I wrote a letter to ALC in an effort to get a refund (I paid cash) so I have yet to see how that turns out, but I am not optimistic after reading all of the negative and hostile posts.
Im 20 years old, 5'11 and 128 pounds. I had terrible cellulite on the back of my legs and was so self concious. after reading these reviews i was really reluctant to getting vela, but i decided to go a head since I had tried every other cream possible. I bought a package of 6 and it was only 450 dollars canadian. It was in a beautiful spa, 1 treatment a week. I loved going to them, and my results were more than I could of asked for. after my 6 treatments were done, there was an improvement. not huge but you could tell. within a month after i finished my last treatment it improved even more. The back of my legs are completely smooth. Please dont listen to all of these reviews! you have to eat well, exercise and drink lots of water to get good results! You cant sit on the couch and eat junk food while thinking vela shape will work. You have to aid it!
Where in Canada?? Or what was the name of the clinic? I'd love to know if they have a branch in Montreal