I had liposelection on my upper/lower abs and flanks - Still Healing - Texas, TX

I had vaser liposelection 3 weeks ago today. i...

i had vaser liposelection 3 weeks ago today. i had liposelection on my upper/lower abs and flanks. my upper abs and flanks look great, but my lower abs still feel hard and little bit lumpy and i still have uncomfortable pain. i don't see any results in my lower abs. i did have more bleeding than usual so i am wondering if that is causing the soreness and brusing. i happy with the results of my upper abs and flanks i just feel frustrated and hope my lower abs look just as great.

Hi everyone.  i was very excited about...

hi everyone.  i was very excited about getting this procedure done.  i never thought i would ever get any type of procedure on my body, however, I had researched the process and would look on the subject a great deal for 8 months.  I was just getting so frustrated with my body .  I am 128 pounds and in excellent physical condition, but i  have had problem areas in my lower/upper abdomen and flanks since having 3 children.  i had vaser liposelection 3 weeks ago today ( august 6) on my upper/lowr abs flanks.  during the procedure there seemed like more blood had come out than usual from where they suction the fat.  the doctor said this would cause more bruising and soreness than usual.  the first day i slept and the following days i felt drained of energy and felt dizzy.  the doctor made 3 incisions and left one to drain which i did not have much drainage and it closed the next evening.   I was concerned over the weekend because i had great deal of bruising on my stomach area and vaginal area.  I talked to the doctor the following week and  i told her my concerns.  She said that i had more bleeding than what she has seen, and thus the reason for the bruising and soreness.    i told her i  was taking iron pills which she said would be fine.  After a week my upper/lower abs look great.  after  two weeks the bruising did get better. Currently,   i still have a bulge that is hard and a little bit lumpyon my lower abs.  I just feel frustrated because my upper abs and flanks look great except my lower abs.  I just was wondering if anyone has experienced this because from what i have researched there should be less bruising, blood loss, and soreness?  Right now the pain is just uncomfortable. however, i did have more pain than i thought the first seven days and my energy is back to normal and no dizziness.  i have tried to workout, but my lower abs are still sore.

hi everyone , I got a VASER Lipo today. They gave me some pills and I didn't remember 50% of surgery. I have done flanks and outer thighs. My weight was 126 and now is 130 (height 5'10"). Yes, I'm swelling and I'm feeling uncomfortable. Moreover, my right tigh is bleeding...I'm going to take off a garment tomorrow and see how everything looks. P.S. I can show my pictures, but i don't how to do it...
Jena Did you wear a compression garment afterward. If so how tight was it? How long did you wear it? and how many hours a day?
i had to have a touch up done on my lower abs and it looks terrific. i did not have a lot of extra skin. there is a little bit of extra skin around my belly button, but that is it. i can actually wear a size o in jeans. i can't believe it. my stomach is not perfectly flat- i would probably need a tummy tuck if i wanted a perfect stomach, but i don't want to take the risk. i think my stomach looks great and i feel so much better in my clothes. i had a great doctor and she actually did the touch up for free which i think they should, but a lot of doctors still charge 500 or more. i was very worried at first, but i just needed to give it a chance and also wait it out and be patient for the 3 months. i think right now the doctor i went to is offering half price. i think she is great and she is honest. she wants you to be happy. a good doctor will be honest and let you know if you should do the vaser or recommend something else. good luck!
good for you jena. i had touch up 2 days ago in my lower adbmomen, back and around my belly botton. im not sure about the result. do you still like your result.
hi i was woundering if your stomch is flat after ward and if you had a lot of acess skin i had two kids and have lots of exctra kids and was considering vazer lipo.what do you think?
i went to the doctor this week (sept. 18). She said everything looked great, but she might have to do a touchup on my lower abs, because there looks like there still some fat she can get out. she will see me on oct 26 and i will schedule an appt for a touchup. i kind of had a feeling that my lower abs were not doing that great. i just hope this works, and my lower abs go down. i should have asked how much this is going to cost me, but i didn't. i will let ya'll know the results.
Thanks for the update, Jena, and good luck with the follow-up procedure. It's good that your doc is being thorough! :)
Jena I also had vaser. Like you I am in good shape and weigh around 125 lbs. but I could not get rid of that belly pooch from having my 2 children and gaining that abdominal weight. It has been 3 weeks for me and my waist is smaller. i have much less fat (Can't pinch any of it like I could before)but Im lumpy and hard exspecially around my ribs. My size is smaller and I look better in clothes already, however if the lumps and bumps stay I'm not sure that my appearance in a swimsuit will be very pretty!LOL Im kind of afraid of looking like Courtney Love in all of those tabloid pics. My question to you is...do you think that your lumps and bumps would have went away with time? Should I just be patient and wait alittle longer before I get worried about the final results? Thanks for your time.
trishah- did your bumpiness ever go away?? i am so worried that mine is here for good. :-(
Hi. I had what I thought was smartlipo on September 5th but I think I had vaser too. I had my abs, flanks, hips, and inner/outer thighs. I was told that I should be able to go back to work the next day. Instead, I was very brusised (purple and red all over), swollen, and dizzy! The dizziness kept me awake at night because I could not lay my head down flat and it lasted all day long. I went back to the doctor and was told this was "normal" but I think I had more bleeding than normal, just like you. I don't think my thighs have changed much yet, my upper abs and hips are better but I have a hard "bump" in my lower abdomen. I am now on Day 11 and hope to continue to improve. My weakness and dizziness ended on Day 7. Thanks for posting.
Hi Denise, Would you consider sharing your experience with our readers by posting a review? That'll give a little more exposure to your story and help inform our readers. You can even use it as a recovery diary if that suits you! :)
hi denise, i am sorry to hear about what happened to you. The doctors never tell you what you could expect after a procedure like this. It seems like all i heard was "you will look great and you can resume your normal activities the next day." That is not the case in every situation. i took iron and vitamin pills for my dizziness after talking to my doctor. This helped me and it gave me some energy. I also am massaging(hand massager at walgreens for $30.00) my lower abs two times a day for 5-10 minutes(once when i wake up and at night). The massaging really seems to help my stomach because it had indentions and it is still swollen. one thing i learned from this experience is that everyone is different. my doctor said don't expect results right away. you have to wait at least 3 months. i thought that i had no expectations, but after the procedure i was going crazy. I wanted to see results right away and i was having worse symptons than normal so i was really scared. my husband told me not to be so anxious and to wait the 3 months before i was critical of the procedure or myself which i know is true, but i think everyone wants to see results right away. i mean we pay so much money for it and it is emotional i think for everyone because it is our body. the best advice i can tell you is don't panic! hopefully you will see better results as the days pass. my lower abs are still swollen, but they have really gone down drastically and it has only been 6 weeks so i am trying not to be too critical. be honest with your doctor about your symptons and tell him/her your concerns. if they are a good doctor they will tell you. i was really scared, but as the days are going by i am doing so much better. the garment has really helped to. The doctor said i could take it off, but i still use it at night and the tighter the better. also i bought some girdles brand name TC from dillard. I found that these work much better than spanx and they are less expensive. They have one for your thighs up to your abdomen( i think this would work well for you since you had your thighs done. As the days go by i am seeing better results now, they are not the results that i expected but i still have about 2 months to go so we will see. also, i have been walking for at least 30 minutes and 45 minutes of cardio everyday and i can feel a little pain in my abs so i hope this is a good pain. i talk to my doctor tomorrow so i will keep you updated. Good luck with everythin and if you have any questions let me know. I know how scary it is after the procedure when you are expecting results and expect to feel normal the next day and it doesn't happen. (use your garments) this site has help me find out other peoples experience and it has given me some comfort and i hope this does for you. you know your body better than anybody and if you feel awkward or the bump doesn't go away ask about it. good luck!
i am going into my fourth week and the swelling in my lower abs has gone done a little, however my stomach is not smooth like it once was. The more this healing process continues the more i do not like the results. it has indentions. i have been using a hand massager twice daily for 5 to 10 minutes.
How long did you have to wait until the indentations went away? Judging by your final post it looks as if you are now happy with the results. I am 5 weeks post op and am quite 'lumpy' on my abs, by belly button also still feels sore and uncomfortable. Really need some reassurance. thanks
hi, i felt the same way when i first did the procedure. i know it was hard for me to be patient but just try and make sure to use your tight garment that was given to you or you bought. this is so important to help with smoothing out the indentions. Make sure to have it really tight. If you still feel you are not happy talk to your doctor. i did and she gave me a free touch up, but i waited about 4 or 5 months. if you need anything else let me know. let me know how you are doing in about month. good luck!

it has been 3 weeks and i am still swollen on my lower abs. i just have to be patient. if you get this procedure just know that you have to be patient with the results. after research and from the doctor telling me it wil take 3 to 6 months for the best results i still feel depressed.  i have to realize the the healing process is different for everyone.  i am just frustrated because my lower abs still look the same however they are very swollen. i guess there is no procedure that is a quick fix. good luck and the only thing i wish i would have done was went to a plastic surgeon who did both  types of liposuction. i went to a obgyn who just does the vaser. i hope i made the right choice.  i will keep you informed of my results.

How was recovery for you? Are you currently happy with your surgery, more specifically the lower abs?

i posted the comment on realself.com  good luck if you decide to have the procedure.  even though i am not happy with my lower abs.  my upper abs and flanks look great.  i just hope my lower abs do the same.  i still would do it again.  the only difference is i would go to a plastic surgeon who does both types of liposuction.  i went to a obgyn who only does vaser.

good luck!