Vaser Lipo Selection Horrible

I had a horrible experience. I swelled up 10 times...

I had a horrible experience. I swelled up 10 times the size i was. I ws in horrible pain and uncomfortable. I have been back 16 times for extra treatments to try and correct whatever went wrong. It seems that all the blood stored inside my stomach and turned into hge blood clots. I had more surgery to break up the clots and now they are back again. It has been 27 days since my vaser surgery.

Totally not worth any amount of money. I am getting married in 5 weeks and cant fit in my dress.

Monarch Med Spa

@ amya0109 “Vaser Lipo Selection Horrible” - Could you please tell us what has happened since 2008? To drop the 'bad' experience (merely a few weeks after the surgery, and not a follow-up, is not helping us.
Ten (10?) times? You obviously are not realistic in the description. So I wonder how realistic your expectations were? When it was a REAL Plastic/Cosmetic surgeon he must have told you that it will take at least several months to see results, 6 months to see 80% of the results and as much as a year to see the final result. Patience is a virtue .....
anon2634....have u had any procedures done?? If so what did you have done? Thanks
Face/Neck
I had vaser two days ago and pain is pretty bad cant get out of chair by self even opening pill bottles is hard can barely walk. I did my arms abs back and chin and I definitely think I overdid it. I live in New Orleans and had procedure done in Miami we are suppose to be driving back in 2 days and back to work in 4 but I don't see that happening at all

With liposuction it is common not to see results for several months - even up to one year. It can also cause numbness and when the feeling begins to return it can feel like pain or muscle spasms. Anyone that goes in on Friday and expects to be back to normal in two weeks is not having realistic expectations. You will be swollen for a period even as much as 6 weeks after the procedure. You need to wear a compression garment for 6 weeks and the longer you wear it the better off you will be.

Share your before and afters. 10 times the size!? That is unheard of.
and quite impossible!
I have very large hips compared to the rest of my body: is anyone in this position and gone through liposelection and has anyone any recommendations in georgia?
I've been considering taking up vaser liposelection for my gynaecomastia(Excessive chest fat for males) condition but from reading the negative reviews on vaser lipo, I am beginning to think twice. Now I am just wondering what is the worst case scenario for vaser lipo on gynaecomastia? Because all the negative reviews were all on thighs, etc and there is no review of negative feedbacks of vaser lipo for people suffering from gynaecomatia. Can anyone help me?
I just had Vaser on my inner and outer thighs yesterday. I didn't mind the procedure a bit. It was uncomfortable at times, but completely tolerable. My thighs today look smaller already (an inch and a half!!) and I know I'm still swollen. The only worry I have is that they do not look symmetrical. My outer right thigh has a bit of an indent and my inner left thigh seems to curve in more than the rights. Is all of this due to swelling and bruising? Is it relatively normal for thighs to look different from one another initially, then even out?
Ask friends and your family doctor for a referral. Do your due diligence. Get two or three good opinions. Don't just sign up for something because you like the doctor or the staff etc. Look for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don't be rushed into a decision. Look at before and after photos of people who LOOK LIKE YOU. This will help you have a realistic understanding of what to expect.
I had vaser lipo done about 3months ago,is it normal to feel burning sensation after a workout or pain and burning the following day after dancing or working out?
I am just looking into having "something" done. For years I have been unhappy with my fat thighs and want to feel good about them in a pair of shorts or a bathin suit. From all the research I have done I am still not sure what is the best procedure and worse yet, WHO is actually a good surgeon to go to. Any help??
Not all medispa's are equal. Some medispa's have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and some have Internist. Sometimes the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is preforming the procedures and sometimes they do not.From my experience and knowledge of this type of business, knowing what kind of doctor is going to perform a surgical procedure on you is very important. It is better to have the most qualified and the most experienced doctor performing the procedure. In order for a doctor to call himself/herself a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon they must be Certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS). ASPS Member surgeon means that they had at least 6 years of training and experience in surgery, with 3 years specifically in plastic surgery. Operates only in accredited medical facilites. Adheres to a strict code of ethics. Think of it this way, you only have one body, don't you want to have only one procedure once. Just a thought :)
I would definitely not recommend this procedure. I was leery going into it and wish I had followed my head. I had the procedure on my knees, inner thighs, flanks and hips. The hip thing went pretty good. The knees seem to be smoother but they are 1" bigger than they were before. (I realize they still may be swollen) However my inner thighs look like I have been in some type of accident and had my legs pieced back together. And as far as not hurting----------B.S.!!!!!! I was in severe pain for the first 3 weeks. now I have the wierd numb tingling pain in all areas except my knees and hips. I also weigh 10 lbs more than I did the day I went in, in spite of being on the South Beach diet the entire time. (again I hope that this is swelling that will go down) I have an appointment with the manager of the MediSpa where I had this done and am seeking help getting this crap fixed. 6000 dollars was a lot of money to look worse than before. I had a tummy tuck in 2005 and it was wonderful/great results as expected so I wasn't expecting miracles just slight sculpting effect. I wish I had found this site prior to having the procedure.
I had Vaser done a month ago. I am still swelled and don't see any difference in my legs so far. I had the procedure done in Cockeysville, MD at a medispa. Where was the spa you went to?
Hi jenchlo, Spa information is located above the review. You must be signed in to view; this requires free registration for an account.
I just had Vasir Lipo-selection done to my abdomen on Thursday. When I changed the bandages Thursday night I was blown away by the results. There was NO love handles left on my body! My stomach area was somewhat swollen. Today,Saturday I went in to see the Dr. for a follow up. He was very very pleased with the results so far. My stomach being swollen is because, as the Dr said, we really worked on that area to remove all the fat possible. The is some discomfort but really not that bad. The Dr gave me a perscription for a painkiller not so much for pain BUT he knows I love to be up and about and the painkiller would make me drowsey and stay in bed. It worked I was in bed for two days. That seems to really help in regards to recovery. Don't over work yourself. I can't wait to see the results in a couple of weeks. I have not told anyone at work. We will see if any one notices. I go back to work on Monday. So out ofg work time was only two days. If you are not extremely fat and overwight this is the best procedure I have found.
Do you mind if i ask you who was your dr?
I had it done at King of Prussia but I am have been going to Philadelphia and King of Prussia. Any other info let me know
Amya0109...can i ask you what medispa you had your procedure at?
How is Vaser Lipo different than Smart Lipo, which is more recommended? Can a doctor please post their comments? Thank you!
Vaser uses sound waves and Smartlipo is a laser. They are used for different purposes. No one can say for sure what is better for you unless you are examined by a doctor that uses both techniques. However, as a generalization, Vaser is better for removing larger quantities of fat under general anesthesia. Smartlipo is better for local anesthesia, tightening skin, and smaller quantities of fat. Sometimes, they are used together if someone needs both.
I have scheduled Vaser Liposelection for June 4th. I am having my inner thighs and saddle bags done. I exercise every day and have stubborn pockets of fat. A plastic surgeon said he would not do regular liposuction because there was not enough fat in one area. I found Vaser and decided to try that. I am very active and I am worried about how long I will be sitting at home in pain. I am also concerned with spending my money on a procedure that does not work. Any comments?