50 - Lift with Upper Pole Fullness, No Implants. - Vancouver, BC

I have never really liked my breasts and they...

I have never really liked my breasts and they certainly have not improved with age, fluctuations in weight and pregnancy. Decided that as my 50th birthday present to me I would have a breast lift and began my research. I have spent many hours on Realself and am so grateful to all who have shared here. I realised that there are not many who have lifts without either a reduction or impants, and also that there are not many of my age group, or size/weight, so thought my experience might be helpful to others of our 'vintage'.

I am 5'7", 148lbs, a full 36C, but have been a 38D, so my girls are a little more skin than I would like them to be.

I first saw a PS in the fall of 2013 and he seemed to think I did not need a lift.... WHAT?! I thought it was pretty obvious! I was really disappointed, I had made up my mind I was going to do this. Then a friend told me that Dr Nick Carr in Vancouver is "THE BEST OF THE BEST", so I booked a consultation with him in November. From the very first contact with his office I was so impressed with the whole team at his clinic, Skinworks. When I first met Dr Carr I knew that he was going to be the PS I would use for this. He told me he would perform the lift I wanted, some lipo on the sides, and would also perform a procedure he called auto-augmentation, which would move tissue from the bottom half of the breast up to the top half, which would give me upper pole fullness without an implant. I was delighted and booked my surgery that same day. I had sufficient volume, I just didn't like where it was.... his solution sounded exactly like what I was looking for. I was SO excited, it seemed like months to wait for my surgery date, Jan 30th 2014.

My surgery went really well, I felt great afterwards and have not had much pain. I have had some bruising and swelling on my sides from the liposuction and my breasts are still a little swollen but I am off all pain medication and feeling fantastic. I continue to follow his post op instructions to the letter and am drinking lots of water and a high protein diet.

I was given a compression bra to start wearing at 48 hours post op, after removing my dressings and having a shower. I managed to do that on my own including washing my hair. I have been able to do a few things around the house, some cooking, emptying the dishwasher, laundry. I just don't lift anything remotely heavy. I had my first post op on Feb 3rd and will go back on Feb 11th to have my tapes taken off.

I have to say that my man has been an absoulte rock and has supported me throughtout the process. I could not have wished for a better nurse!

It has been almost a week since my surgery and I am delighted with my results. The auto-augmentation Dr Carr performed has given me great upper pole fullness. Reading other reviews on this site, I think this is a great solution for many of us but I don't see it mentioned on here very much.... I don't think many PS do this process. I will continue to post pics as changes happen and hope that others might find my review to be helpful.

Photos

I loaded photos when submitting my review but they did not post, it seems. Trying again. On Tuesday Feb 11 we go to have the tapes taken off the incisions and I will post more pics then. For now, all is good, except for swelling on the sides which causes some discomfort. I think this is from the lipo.

Tapes off. Getting better each day.

Had my tapes taken off on Tuesday and am so happy with the look! I have had lots of swelling, especially on the sides which was uncomfortable, but that has gone down by about 80% now and they are getting better each day. I was told to massage the swelling areas often and it has really helped. I am using Bactroban ointment on my scars twice a day and will start using silicone strips once the scars have healed. See the surgeon again on Jan 26th. A couple of stitches are visible, but not bothering me. Have been feeling really good, but sometimes forget I am still recovering and overdo it.... resulting in feeling like I have been hit by a truck. Loading a couple of new photos. I don't think my size is any different, but they sure look better! :)

3.5 Weeks and a new friend!

Still very happy with my surgery and recovery. Swelling is almost gone except for a little on my incision sites. It occurred to me the other night that I use a roller after a good workout at the gym, it gives a great massage, so ran off to my garage and rescued my wallpaper roller, only about 1.5" acrose, it the perfect size for massaging my incisions and easy to control the amount of pressure applied! My new best friend!
Scars are healing very well, they look worse in these pics than they are, barely noticable in reality. The camera on an iPhone5 is too good! Have started scar therapy with silicone strips. My PS gave me Epi-Derm brand. Does anyone have any other recommentdations?
Tried on some of my old bras for fun and was happy to find I still fill them the same, but do not have to rely on them to keep the girls up! Looking forward to summer and being able to wear strappy sundresses and bandeau tops!
Have 4 week appt with my PS on Wednesday.

4.5 weeks and PS Visit

I had my 4 week check-in with Dr Carr this week. His nurse said I look like I am 3 months post-op, not one! I was so happy to hear that. She removed 3 stitches that were poking out. Swelling has all gone and I am cleared to go back to the gym and to wear pretty bras! :) I am still wearing a sportbra at night, and might continue to do so forever if it will help keep these girls in their new home! Scars are looking really good. I cannot say enough about Dr Carr being an amazing surgeon, my incisions are barely visible already PLUS, he is a really nice man. Wishing happy healing to anyone having surgery this week!

6 weeks

I think the silicone scar sheets are helping. Dr Carr said I would probably only need to use them for a couple of months. Swelling has all gone and I have been able to sleep on my side for the last week or so. Very, very happy with my new boobs!
Dr Nick Carr

From my first contact with the Skinworks office and throughout the whole process, Dr Carr and the Skinworks team have exceeded every expectation. It is easy to see why people travel to Vancouver to have Dr Carr work his magic. Not only is he an outstanding surgeon, he is down to earth and personable. I cannot say enough to praise him and his staff. The Best of the Best! Thank you!

Your results are awesome..was your swelling that you mentioned under your arms section? I'm 2wks po and just started swelling in my boob under the arm section. Feel like my boob wraps around underneath my arm and back, im hoping its just swelling and not fat..again congrats to you and happy healing
Thanks! I hope you are making a great recovery. Yes, the swelling was really bad under the sides of my bra, it was like having a couple of extra boobs in there. My PS told me to massage lots and it really helped to reduce the swelling. Try the wallpaper roller, it really helped. My swelling was pretty much gone by 4 weeks post op. Good luck!
Great, thank you..
I hope things are well for you. I got my lift a week ago and doing good. Do you really thing the roller helped keep you soft? Thanks!
It certainly did! I was quite swollen after my surgery, I guess it is normal, and I was told to massage lots. I really found the roller worked well - I could tell the difference within a few minutes. I also used it a lot on my scars once they had healed so they did not feel so 'think'. Hope you are feeling good and happy with your results! Happy healing!
This comment for Amazing77 in response to her question below:
You will get a set of Epi-Derm at one of your post op appts, which last about 10 days. You can buy more on line, but they are REALLY expensive! I didn't keep the box for the ones I bought at Shoppers Drugs... can't tell you the brand but there are 6 strips in the box and it comes with a little white plastic case to keep them in. They last about a week. The Epi-Derm is the best as they are made for boobs while the others need to be cut but they do the job! Dr Carr told me it did not matter what brand.... they all do the same thing. There are also a couple of silicone gels in tubes you can apply like an ointment. I bought one but have not really used it yet. Hope this helps!
You look Amazing! I am also having the same procedure and a tummy tuck on May 8th with Dr. Carr and his team. Thanks for the info.
Thank you!!! Good luck to you! Love Dr Carr and his team, it's such a great place! Please let me know how it goes for you. Will you post a review on here?
I will let you know and I'll post a review. Can't wait! Take care.
Its like waiting for Christmas!! You must be so excited!
Yes it is :))). Where did you get the silicone scar strips?
You look amazing! I didn't know this site existed and I am booked into have the same procedure as well as a tummy tuck on May 8th with Dr. Carr and his team. Nice to his work on someone. I have a GF who suggested him as they have both had implants done with him. Thanks for the information, heal well.
You look fantastic! I appreciate all your updates and tips I am using the scar gel called kelocote and love it. I got it off amazon.. I am getting a breast lift in a month or so. I had a face, eye and neck lift in January. The recovery has been going good from that. I had a tummy tuck last year after taking off 150 pounds 3 years ago. I wish you all the best with your new girls!
Congratulations on loosing 150lbs! Wow! That is a fabulous acheivement! How wonderful that you are transforming with these surgeries! I will have a look at your pictures and look forward to seeing your BL review on here too! It is a much easier recovery than I expected, I am sure you will be so happy with your results! When is your surgery? Good luck!!
Hello I am going April 1st and going with silicone implants with the lift. I have a lot of side fat to be removed so trying to figure out if it gets tucked in with the lower smile scare. Doing all my homework now on sizing and recovery. This will be my last surgery and don't want to mess it up. What advice can you suggest? Thank you!
I am excited for you!! Is your surgeon going to do lipo on your sides? Prepare for lots of bruising if so, but you will be familiar with that from the TT. Follow your surgeons instructions to the letter!! Bring a pillow in the car for the ride home - to have between your new girls and the seatbelt. I put our spare bed into a corner so I could be propped up for a few nights with lots of pillows and it was very comfortable. By about day 5 I was able to go back to our bed and still stay a little bit elevated. Make sure you have a few front fastening tops for the first few days so you don't have to lift your arms over your head. I am almost 6 weeks post op and still wearing a sport bra most of the time, even though I can wear anything now. Just so much more comfortable and easy. My size has not really changed so did not have to buy any new ones. (no implants). I will be following your story! Good luck, you must be so excited!
Congratulation. You look absolutely stunning. I'm really impressed.
Thank you.
You look soooo good!! I hope my results are as good as yours. Happy healing!!
Thanks so much! Your time is coming soon! I wanted to drop another 5lbs before my surgery as well but didn't quite make it! Nice to see other 'mature' ladies on here!!! Will post more pics this weekend. I am very pleased with my results!
You look wonderful, it's good to hear how active you've been. I'll be following your story. ((Healing hugs)). I am having my Lift-reduction 2/12/2014 just 4 day from today, I have lots of nervous energy and been reading stories the better part of the evening here on RealSelf. Can't wait to have my 34G girls tamed LOL LiveLoveBelieve
Thank you! I have been following yours too. Its a very exciting process. I have been very lucky with my recovery so far, its so important to have a good support system in place, as you obviously do too. Good luck to you for your surgery! Will look for your updates.
Thanks my friend just a few days to wait since I've already been thru a TT 9/2013, I am a bit more relaxed entering into this procedure LLB
I had lift/reduction on jan. 23 2014. Doing great. My tummy tuck hurts worse. Breasts are a piece of cake. Good luck.