It's finally done - Vancouver BC post op pics

Hi guys! I found this website couples months ago....

Hi guys! I found this website couples months ago. I was referred by my family doctor to a E.N.T because I was having issues breathing and I was also having avid noise bleeds all the time. I know I wanted to get a rhinoplasty done one day because I've always hated how my nose sticks out so much. In highschool it never really bothered me but since highschool I have lost a total of 30 pounds, and I feel like my face shrunk which made my nose appear bigger. Also I have very sharp features and I feel like my nose is NOT complimenting my sharp jaw line and my chin!

The first doctor I was referred to honestly scared me. He was not professional whatsoever, I felt like he was in it for the money. He did not tell me any details about the surgery (I am having septo-rhinoplasty). Didn't explain the recovery time or how the process is done. This was a red flag for me so I decided this was NOT the doctor for me. Also he took my pictures with a ipad and with some app he made my nose straight (but it looked so bad). So I went to my family doctor and he referred me to another doctor. I had my consultation today. And I have to say, I felt so comfortable with him. This doctor took his time, looked at my nose, asked me questions. And afterwards he explained the whole septo-rhinoplasty procedure including, healing time, how many weeks I need of school or work, he went over everything! Afterwards he took some pictures of me on a camera and right away he uploaded them and showed me what my nose would look like afterwards. He explained to me that he needs to make my nose a bit wider so I can breath properly and he would straighten it out and refine the tip a tiny bit. I have posted pictures! What do you guys think? Does it look better or not? My friend told me it looked fake! I would love your guys honest opinion.

This is a big procedure and I feel like the people on this site know rhinoplasty inside out! :)

i need more comments guys!

Hi guys. I'm so confused if I should go ahead with this. My sisters telling me it looks the same! I feel like it looks much better! The doctor told me he can make my nose thinner because I will have more problems breathing. Any comments would help! What do you guys think? Does the after pic look better? I think so!

oops spelling mistake

Sorry, he said he can't* make my nose thinner because I will have more problems breathing. I think if it was thinner it would look odd on my face shape anyways

So the doctor said...

Hi! So I have decided on my doctor! I want to post his name here but I'm not sure if that is allowed! He only does Rhinoplasty and he is known as the best doctor in western Canada. I'm going to get my bridge straightened out and get the tip lifted a tiny bit. I want my nose to look good yet still very natural. I will be meeting my doctor again soon! I'm still contemplating when I should book my surgery. He's booking into November now but that won't work for me since I'm a full time student! I thought about getting it done sometime in December but not sure if I want to be in a cast recovering during the holidays - I mean how much would that suck? In February I get a week of school so I may do it then and just take an extra week off! Any comments are appreciated. Thanks xo

More pictures. Front view.

Front view!

So my nose goes to the left a little bit.

Going to one more consultation

So I've decided to try one more doctor. My last doctor didn't really give me what I want. I want a slope and tip lifted a bit. I'm still not satisfied. So I will shop until I find the best doctor I feel comfortable with! In my morph now I'm realizing it just looks straight. There is no slope or tip refinement

So this is the nose i want

So joining this forum has really changed my mind about what I want. My last consultation the P.s gave me a straight profile. He didn't recommend a slope or anything. Which made me think to myself, is he really the doctor I want? I have attached a photo of Angelina Jolie, I know I won't have her exact nose, but this is along the line of what I want. From my pics you can tell I have a very sharp jaw line and my chin is somewhat similar to Jolie's. So I think a tiny slope and refinement of tip would look great and ofcourse the bump gone! Tell me what you think! Xo this is the photo http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRko0Wvo1jjc97WnWbCJAEq_4yyWWISJHaTesoM9CdhmpSQ6kKHtvBBRPQ

Next consulation July 16

Hi girls and guys!

So my next consultation is on the 16th. This doctor may be the one. I have a feeling. I want my PS to tell me what needs to be done to make my nose look better - I don't want to be the one telling him what I want. Well I obv will but I want him to give his input and the last 2 PS haven't!

Thanks for all your guys sweet comments, I'll def be posting my whole journey on here. Xo

Consultation moved to August 12th!

Hey girls!

I made another typo in my last blog post, my next appointment is actually on August 12th. This doctor is also supposed to be one of the best in Vancouver. I never knew it would be THIS hard to find a plastic surgeon that not only makes me feel comfortable but also makes me fully understand that I know what he is talking about. I feel like my last couple consultations I was explaining to the doctors what I wanted - I never really received any input or what they may think.

A lot of people are still telling me not to do it because my nose is fine, I think otherwise obv else I would not be posting on this haha. I need my septum corrected, which is the most important thing right now since I have frequent nose bleeds daily and have issues breathing!

I really hope this doctor is the one. Im tired of shopping around, I want my new nose! Basically all I want is the bump removed, tip lifted and a tiny slope. Maybe shortened. See I do not know, I need a good doctor who knows what will look good on me.

My next post will be on August 12th after my consultation.

xo

frustrated and confused.

Hi girls.

So my next consultation is in couple weeks. This is my fourth consultation - so 4 different doctors now and I'm YET to find "the one". I know I want this. Everyone (friends, family etc) keep telling me I don't need it while others are saying it will "advance" my looks.

I believe that when I get my rhinoplasty/septo not only will I be able to breathe and no more nose bleeds but I also think that my profile will look so much better. I hate how droopy it is, the bump. I want it to be straight, a slope and nice tip. It would look amazing.

This blog was a venting blog I guess. I'm frustrated I haven't found the right dr yet. And I'm tired of everyone saying 'you don't need it' when I am 100% sure my nose will look much better.

I never knew this was going to be so hard.
I hope this nex dr is the one but I won't stop looking until I feel comfy because this is serious.

Comments appreciated :)

Xo

sweet comments, but you guys are scaring me lol.

Hi guys,

So I have so many of you guys saying don't do it. So I thought I'd write another blurb.

My nose has always bugged me, especially from the side. I want the bump gone, a tiny slope and my tip projected. I just want it to look more feminine. I love angelina jolie's nose and jennifer stanos. I'm not going to get a drastic change, I don't even want the front changed much.

My nose sticks out when I smile, I know if I don't do it ill always be so unhappy with it. I want it to be straight. I really love all those sweet comments but yeah!

My next consultation is in two weeks - Il be posting morphs as soon as I get them.

I know I'm a pretty girl, just wish I had a nicer nose lol.

A GOOD picture of my bumpy nose.

K here's a better and clear photo. You can see there is a bump. it look so much better if it was straight, slope, tip refined.

I love sock buns and messy buns but..

So lately I've been in love with messy buns Orr sock buns. But of course my nose just ruins it all. Wouldn't it look so nice if it was straight, slope and tip refined? Yes it would

I want to be ready for this consultation..

Hi girls!

I'm counting down the days until my fourth consultation. 11 days to go! Anyways, I've had a gut feeling that this doctor will be my doctor! I want to be well prepared so I think I'm going to print out pictures of noses I adore and tell the doctor what I want.

I'm really excited for this and hope the doctor doesn't rush me. Lot of people have been saying don't do a slope. Straight is more natural? I guess I'll see what the doctor says.

consultation in 7 days.

Hi!

So my next (4th) consultation is next Monday (7 days). I'm so excited.

Do you guys think I should take pics with me? Or let the doctor tell me what would look nice?

should i thin my nose out?!?!

What do you guys think. Front view

I found my doctor!!!!! With pics:) Surgery booked!

Hi girls!

I went for my consultation today! And I couldn't be happier! I am so happy with the before and happy pixs. My surgery is booked. Im still contemplating if I should not go for a slope. Because lots of you guys been saying no dont do it but alot of you have been also say do it.

The doctor was awesome and really caring. He asked me first what bugs me about my nose and told me what would look good. Way better than all the other doctors. He is not going to do much work to my front. Because it is already fine but he is going to straighten it out a little bit because it goes to the left! I am so happy. Finally! Let me know what you guys think! xo

I love Ashlee Simpsons nose! I think her jaw line is just like mine!

why are friends so negative?

So 2 of my girlfriends are telling me it looks bad. And looks like MJ's nose.

I guess friends love to criticize.

So I was up all nite doing research

Hi!!
So I basically think I'm a pro at rhinoplasty now lol. Last night I realized that not all noses suit everyone's face. All though I really want a slope, I decided maybe that isn't the best idea. I have a very Sharpe jaw line and with the slope in those pixs I'm starting to begin to think it doesn't look that great. I've decided to get my hump removed, nose made shorter and little to no slope. I've posted Angelina Jolie's pixs and Ashlee Simpsons pixs because they have the same jaw line. I'm glad I made this decision. It looks so much better and it would make my jaw n chin look great. Now I gota go see my doctor again! I hope he can do it!

I'm glad I realized this. And am taking this slowly. One more consultation and I'm rdy to go! I believe the best results are going to come by not rushing into anything

Back to the doctor.

So I had a friend whose an expert on rhino do a morph for me - pic attached! I mean how much better and natural does this look! Straight. no bump and tip projected a tiny bit. little to no slope! I want this! Im going to take this picture to my ps. I know he can do it because its just minor changes.

So excited!
yay for natural

does the front of my nose need changes?

Hi girls. Do u think the front of my nose needs to be changed? Or is it straight "enough"...

Is it droopy???

So I went back to my Doctor

Hi girls. Today I went back to my doctors and showed him the morph I liked. And he did his own morph and showed me. What do you think? Should i ask for smaller? Let me know. I feel like its still a bit big tho and the other morph was smaller? Oh god why is this so stressful..... ugh

im so frustarted

I feel like my PS isn't seeing what I want :(

So.... BIG NEWS

Hi girls. So i took time to think things through out and I decided I don't want Rhinoplasty, atleast yet. And here are my reasons:

I've come to realize that my nose isn't bad - its natural.
I also realized that I need to be more confident. Because when when we have insecurities we tend to think were ugly or not as good looking as the next girl. Im not bragging whatsoever but I hear people telling me I'm pretty all the time, I mean all the comments I received under this blog were girls telling me not to do it.
Another reason I have stopped wanting a nose job for now is that I can't find the right doctor. If I do start wanting a nose job again, I may look for doctors in the state.

I know a straighter profile would make me look better but I dont think its really that bad as I believe it is. Maybe in the future I will want to do better research and actually do it. But for now im happy with how I look.

Thanks

Thanks for all your guys positive support and positive comments. Maybe I will be back...

no nose job lol

k im back. lol

So 2.5 weeks ago I decided no that I'm not going to go thru with Rhino. I've changed my mind. I have phases where it bugs me and where it doesn't. I'm tired of feeling this way. I feel like my profile could be so much nicer if it was just straighter and maybe thinner. So i've made a consultation with a very popular "nose" doctor in Vancouver. He has great reviews. His price is fairly high but I don't care, as long as I'm in good hands. I hope he can give me what I want. The other doctor didn't make me feel like "ya he's the one" u just have this feeling. I mean his work is really nice but I wasn't too sure if he was MY dr. So this is gona be my 5th dr. And I'm 110 percent sure il love him. Haha. Il post my consultation date and pixs soooooon!

Consultation booked! this is it

Hey dolls!

So I have booked my consultation at 8 west cosmetic surgery in Vancouver - Dr. Buonassis! He is actually on Real self!

I thought abt this all summer long going back and fourth and finally I'm doing it. It is the right time for me right now.

My appt is next Monday @4pm. I will post pixs. And I'm prolly booking my surgery for May since I'm in school till April.

Thanks

Happy ME!

Hi girls, today I had my 5th (yup 5th) consultation with a brand new doctor. Dr. Buonassisi ( 8 West Cosmetic Surgery in Vancouver). I was so impressed the moment I walked into the office, it was very bright and nice. I was greeted by Mandy who is the Client manager – she was very sweet and explained everything so well. I filled out some paper work and Mandy took some pictures of me. After Dr. B. came to get me and he sat down with me and EXPLAINED EVERYTHING. From what will look good, what wont look good. I felt so comfortable. He answered all my questions and more. He told me that he isn’t going to change my nose so drastically but to remove the hump, refine the tip and just make it more girly. And no.. I wont have my tip lifted – just a slight bit because im 5’7 and he says it will not look nice plus I am Punjabi. What I LIKED about him is that he knows what kind of nose will suit what race. I mean one nose may look good on a white girl but not on a black girl. So I was really impressed. He spent about 45 minutues with me – longer than any other doctor ever has. He told me about the side effects, made me feel good that I know the risk. I was reallllly amazed by the after photos (will post) – seemed just natural and soft. Not fake and ms. Piggy like. He explained that after my surgery the tip may seem high but it does drop. Mandy explained everything which was awesome. So, this is it. This is my doctor! I am so excited. I will be getting my surgery done next May – since I am in school and have exams till April. The count down is on!

I learned that you need to search high and low for the best doctor! Trust me it will be worth it. I am so excited. He really impressed me. He went above and beyond with this consultation.

I am a happy girl! Cant wait

Thanks for your guys sweet comments… xo

and..

also..Dr. b IS not going to change my front profile because it is already pretty straight.. im happy with this:)

pixs from Dr. b

Hi guys!

Here are the pixs. I think they look great. I still look like me. Just better. Dr. B said my tip may look too high but over time (2 months) it does drop. I think it looks great! I am so stoked. What do you girls think?

It's happening :)

Hi guys, i've shy'd away from my blog and have been getting lot of emails if I am still going through with this...

Yes I am:) I've had nothing new to stay. As you guys may know, I am a full time student so the best time for my surgery would be reading break in March or when I am done school in April. I graduate with my degree next April! So it is happening around then. If I could, I would do it now but with school and everything else it isn't good timing. But I will have a new nose in 4 months!

I am so overly excited, my surgeon Dr. Buonassisi and his team are so wonderful. Im so glad I went through those 4 other consultations with those other doctors to find this one - it was worth it!

It feels really good to find the right doctor. Lot of people are saying don't do it, your nose is fine but this is my own insecurity - I know my nose is not that bad but I also know that if the bump was not there and it was lifted a tad bit I would look better.

Anyways, I will post alot more closer to my surgery early next year, like I said I haven't booked it yet because I don't know my class schedule or exam week stuff like that. But march-april!

Thanks! xoxo

what did you guys tell your work?

So my rhino is on May 6/2014 - super excited. But I will need to take at least 2 wks off work. What did you guys tell your work? I'm so excited and can't wait!

should I make the front thinner?

Hi guys. I haven't updated this for awhile now. When I visited my doctor back in September he said there's no need to touch the front of my nose. It's pretty straight I guess... but do u think I should thin it out.. maybe not? I can't wait for school to be over (end of April!)

nose. thinned out or no

Next appt!

Hi guys! I haven't updated this for awhile so I thought I would. I remember back in November I was like "why can't it be may already" and now it's already March! I am going in on the 26th to discuss some final things with my doctor. I feel more and more comfortable with this doctor everyday. I really like how he's going to make my nose look better for my face - not someone else's nose. Lot of people are saying there isn't much change with the after pixs but I feel otherwise. I see alot of change, my nose is straight! and tip refined. it makes a huge difference to me and it looks so much more feminine. I know it is just a minor tweak but I think my nose would look perfect after..perfect to me at least. He had also told me there is no point in over-doing it since it will look done. Anyways I am just going to go over everything with him and then I will see him during surgery day (May 6). I just have to finish this semester and my exams ugh! I am so excited. I am starting to compile a list of things I may need. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Here is what I have so far

- U shaped Pillow
- Lots of pillows
- Clean sheets
- Halls or some kind of other drops?
- Biotine spray
- Yogurt
- Freezies
- Lip Balm (most likely will use vaseline cause its the best)
- Books, tv shows, movies on laptop
- Laxatives?
- Bottles of water
- Orange juice or gatorade?
- Q-tips
- Fresh towels
- Lots of tank tops, loose shirts
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Wet ones.

Anything else you think?!

slighest tweak! yay cant wait

Hi guys!

I've been thinking about how the slightest tweak can make a huge difference. I've posted a few photos! Lot of friends/fam have been telling me not to do it and my nose is fine but I feel like the slightest tweak will make my image perfect to me. I'm so excited! I'm not doing anything to the front!

7 more weeks!

New nose in about 3 weeks

Hi everyone,

my surgery is in about 3 weeks and a bit! I am excited but I'll be super excited after I complete my last few final exams and have earned my degree (finally) I got acceptance into the grad school I wanted for my program, these last few months have been super stressful, working, studying, assignments etc etc and of course all this surgery stuff. I am tired lol. My surgery is May 6 about 6 days or so after my birthday and my Dr. B is perform closed rhino - I am not getting alot of work done because I want it to stay natural - just a little tweak (bump gone and nose lifted a tiny bit) he is not de-projecting it or making it thinner, he and I believe I don't need that. I have to get blood work done this tuesday, I have a supply list in my phone and also on a old blog post here, I still need to get everything. For food, Im going to have lots of fruit, jello, mashed potatoes and smoothies. I have 2 weeks off work, although I think all I need is a week and few days but oh well it will be super nice to have some extra days off. I will be taking photos after my surgery as well. The surgery is supposed to be about two hours long.

Thats all for now

xo

Almost May 6th!

Hi! It's been forever since I have updated this.

So my surgery is in 4 days, I have so many mixed emotions - happy, nervous, scared and also sad. I read some where that going under the knife sometimes makes people emotional and although I am so happy I am finally doing this, I am also kind of sad because I am so unhappy with my nose that I had to go to the extent of going through plastic surgery. I mean I am so happy to get a new nose but it saddens me knowing that today's society especially celebrities have such a huge impact on the way we see ourselves. Especially younger girls. Anyways since I got that out of my system, at the same time I am beyond excited to see what my new nose will look like. I got my prescriptions filled today and bought some supplies as well. Like I had mentioned before, my surgery is closed rhino. I am extremely happy with my doctor and really feel like I am in the right hands - what I like about Dr. Buonassisi is that he took into consideration my ethnicity therefore he knew what would look good and what wouldn't.

My surgery is at 11:30am - I will leave my home probably at 9:00am. As of right now I feel like since it is closed, recovery will be fine. I even watched a closed rhino on YT and it looked fine (lol). I have two weeks off work which is great.

I will be updating night before surgery, on the evening after my surgery and every day after that. And I will also upload pictures..

I am so happy this journey is almost over

Thats it for now!

Surgery tomorrow!

Hi!

My surgery is tomorrow at 11:30am and I need to be there at 10:30am. Okay im a little nervous and anxious. I have got everything that needs to be ready, ready. Im going to shower and wash my hair tonight and yah...I'll have a new nose tomorrow by this time lol.

talk soon.

Finally done

Hi!

I finally had my surgery and it went really well. Everyone was so sweet at the clinic, I wasn't really nervous when I got there. The nurses were all so supportive which really helped! Dr. Buonassisi is such an amazing doctor, he came in and talked to me and we went over everything - he is really caring and listens to his patients. I def recommend him if you are in the Vancouver are - and that is coming from some who saw five different doctors. The surgery went well, I felt nothing it all. It was actually relaxing. My surgery took one hour and 45 minutes - it was open rhino actually which was fine because I trusted my doctor alot. He removed that ugly bump, corrected my septum, and lifted my nose a lil bit. He told me that the nose naturally falls within several months and he wants me too look good in the future. This doctor really goes above and beyond. I am so happy I picked him.

After the surgery I felt no pain, I was bleeding though and the pain came around the evening time but I took my meds so it was not a big deal. I also slept well, didn't wake up lol. Im surprised how well it went. Today I feel fine, my nose is not bleeding anymore, it isn't really stuck, I can breathe through it BUT I do have really swollen eyes looks so bad.

Overall my surgery went fine, im doing well and by this time next week I'll be looking great :)

Gravol is important, and biotene spray for dry mouth.
Also polysporin.

I will update again in cpl days - my follow up appt is on Monday and I will see what my nose looks like with no bump!

thats it for now.

thanks!

Im doing great - day 3 post op

I can't get over how well im doing, I am in no pain, im sleeping normally - basically everything is normal! I do have black eyes but they have turned yellow which is a good thing. I am eating well and drinking plenty of water. Also, I have been cleaning my nose gently with warm salt water and after I clean it, I put polysporin in my nose, just a little bit. It makes such a difference when I go to bed. I am more comfortable. My nose does have crusties or whatever in it but it is hard to clean it that well considering its so swollen and does kind of hurt.

Overall, I am doing fine. I think my nose looks great (even with a cast on lol) , Monday I get my cast removed, I can't wait to see what it really looks like.

Recovery has been a breeze!

Day 4 post op

Hi realself

okay so I am doing good, not in pain. Everything is well. BUT there are so many "crusties" in my nose and it's stuck. Ive tried cleaning it out but its hard. What do I do? My cast comes off in 2 days.

It's done!!!!!

This journey has been so overwhelming, stressful, exciting all at the same time but now it's finally at the end! I received what I had asked for from Dr. Buonassusi. Bump gone , straight, and slightly lifted. I have been doing well and adjusting to my new nose, I think it looks amazing and very feminine! My nose is extremely swollen right now, the tip is rock hard and it just feels weird but other than that my nose is not really stuck! I can put a finger in both nostrails (lol but do not do that) - my friend also had septo-rhino done couple months ago and she cant but her surgery was more complex. I can breath much better - no problems there!

I love my new look, my sister, brothers, friends and parents all think it looks really natural. My sister is very straight up and she thought I was wasting my time but she is impressed with the results and so happy for me. She wants to visit dr. b AND be like "how can you make me look better" - lol. I am so happy he gave me NO slope, would not have suited my chin or face whatsoever. Everyone says it looks like my nose just refined a little bit. I'll be honest, I hate how high the tip is sitting right now and my nostrils showing but Dr. Buonassusi told me many many times even before going in to the surgery he will be lifting it because it will drop and will look amazing in the future. I am not patient at all but I know I have to be. I was in the hands of one of the best nose doctors in Vancouver who def knows what he's doing and saying.

I hope this recovery process goes well and nothing happens! I have deleted all my old pixs but I will be posting one before and one after picture! I love how my new nose is the same but not really, it compliments my jaw line so well. Each day gets better, swelling goes down. :) I love wearing makeup now! before i HATED it because I thought id just attract attention to my nose! i don't know it just didnt suit my face (old nose) i feel so girly now and cant wait to contour my nose, wear makeup wear dark lipstick do a pony tail do a top knot!

Please do not leave any negative comments, as this has been a very overwhelming journey for me. If you are thinking about going thru this I suggest you search high and low for the best doctor, talk to people who have been thru this, see at least 3 doctors (I saw 5) - you will know which doctor to pick if you feel you can communicate with him/her and he/she knows whats good and bad for you. And be ready for a long road, it's not over when the cast comes off. Recovery takes up to a year!!!

thats it for now

another pic

Four Month Post OP!

Hi Real Self bloggers!

It’s been super long since I have posted on here. My rhinoplasty was May 6h, 2014, so it has been a little over four months although it feels like it’s been longer. I apologize that I haven’t updated this; I became super busy with work and school. Also I was a bit hesitant to post here because people were leaving rude comments on other people’s posts. But whatever, I was on this website for a year before my surgery happened. This website helped me a lot, it guided me and I learned a lot of information so I feel that I should give back.

So after my surgery, I was very swollen, my eyes were puffy and yeah basically the normal stuff so I won’t get too much into that. My recovery period was not bad at all though; I was able to sleep well. I suggest getting Gravol, ice packs, fill your prescriptions, have lots of pillows, clean sheets, easy shirts to get out of (tanks), lozenges for sore throats and also you will get dry mouth! There is a spray, I forgot the name, I believe biotine? And nasal spray – these two things are crucial! The nose spray will help you breathe. I bought mine from Wal-Mart, their house brand, equate I believe?

So my cast ended up coming off itself, the day before I was going to get it removed. When it came off I was shocked, my new nose. But it was so swollen, I kept staring in the mirror, I could not believe that was ME! My nose was so swollen, there was crusties in it and my nose was green from the outside. The next day I went to go see my doctor. He was very happy with the results. I remember him admiring his work, he was so pleased! The post-op apt was pretty quick; I mean my surgery went very well, no issues no nothing. So the next 2 weeks, I literally became depressed, probably because the drugs were wearing off. I THOUGHT my nose looked so weird and ugly. It was so lifted! I looked like Miss. Piggy but the dr had told me that it would fall eventually. I REMEMBER his exact words “It may look weird now but I want you to look great in the future, your nose will look amazing, you will be happy”. Well I couldn’t sleep for 2 weeks; I would wake up drowned in sweat lol! I would have to change my shirt, bed sheets! It was bad! My cousin went through the same thing when she got a breast Aug, its cause you changed a big part of you. I knew it was normal. Also I was so afraid the bump would come back! I keep having nightmares it came back! BUT it didn’t! Thank god.

I went out May 24th, and this was the day I fell in love with my nose (see pics from that nite), I looked amazing, I felt beautiful. I LOVE MY NEW NOSE. IM so happy, I feel gorgeous although I feel like I cheated beauty lol? My nose did fall, Dr Buonassisi was right:P My nose is still very swollen but it has healed a lot!

If you are contemplating, I would suggest you do it. You would be so happy and confident. It will change your life; I know this sounds pretty sad but its true! We live in a society where we are so impacted by celebrities like Kim Kardashian; it’s just how things are today. Even social networking sites like Instagram makes us want to alter our appearance. I HATED MY OLD nose! I finally think I look amazing now, I love my profile, I think my nose and the shape of my jaw/chin are my best features now lol….I went back and fourth deciding if this was more, took me over a year and it was totally worth it.

I suggest researching like crazy though! I went to five different consultations. But it was so worth it. Dr Buonassisi in Vancouver is amazing. He gave me a nose that suits me and my ethnicity. Anyways I know my nose will still change a lot and I will keep you guys posted. I have attached few pixs, tell me what you think!

That’s all for now!
Dr. Buonassisi

Wow...so beautiful!
Congrats...looks good!
Your nose looks amazing. I screenshotted them & want to show my surgeon for an idea for my nose! Love
Hi! Did you take your pictures down already? They aren't showing for me, and I would love to see your before and afters. I am planning to have surgery with Dr. B. as well. Would you email them to me if you took them off the forum? Thank you for any help!
Beautiful results! I don't even see any swelling! It's funny that your sister now wants to see him too. I, too, had a friend who jotted down my surgeon's name when she found out I had surgery. Hoping the recovery process will be smooth for you after cast removal. I just got my cast off today, and know that the road ahead is long, but it will be worth it!
Beautiful xx Congrats my surgery is in 4 weeks any tips I am petrified of not waking up again ;-((
It is beautiful. How is the front?
it looks so pretty! you look so good! congrats :)
thank you!
can't believe your cast already comes off in 2 days! post picssssss
I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well! I think I hit the unlucky end of recovery :) Consider yourself blessed and I hope you like your new nose! :)
Glad your recovery has been going well! I am also on day 3, and find recovery to be a breeze! Can't wait to see the final result!
I felt the same dejection about having to go under the knife to fit into conventional beauty ideals. I'm glad I did it but wish I didn't feel the need. Hello, self esteem.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm having my surgery done on May 6th too!!! So nervous, but so excited!
You sound ready for the surgery and change. Remember surgeons say it takes up to a year to see final results. Lots of luck to you!
Good luck :) Recovery from a closed rhino is SUCH a breeze, literally, it's nothing.
I went out and bought a whole bunch if soup and soft food, turns out a didn't need it at all. So don't spend a lot on things that you don't usually eat. I haven't found a food yet that bothers my nose when I chew and I'm 5 days post op .. I'd just stay away from biting down on hard things. I found sticking up on super soft things to be just a waste. So just a warning! Cough drops are SOOO good for your dry mouth though. Good luck and best wishes to you!!
Sorry everything is spelled wrong I hate auto correct!
I'm a big believer in self-esteem. If this is something that is going to raise your self-esteem, I say go for it. As long as it's something in moderation. I would not be giving this advice to someone who seems to have body dysmorphic disorder, or who's debating whether or not to have their 3rd or 4th rhinoplasty done. To me the worst thing when I tell someone that I'm going to do my nose, is when they respond with "oh you don't need it" or "your nose is fine." I think that's a matter of opinion and my nose is something that I have been self-conscious about since I was 8 or 9 years old. So my nose might be "fine" to them, but not to myself. And I'm the one who has to look at it in the mirror every day. I've gotten to the point where when I go to tell someone that I'm having rhinoplasty done, I now warn them that this is something I've thought through for 15 years and that it's going to make me happier about myself. In regards to what you'll need, my doctor suggested I take vitamin C two week prior to surgery and two to three weeks after to reduce and minimize swelling and bruising.
Good luck with your surgery! I'll be sure to check in with you later since mine is only a month after yours! By the simulator pics it's going to look so pretty!
Just read your latest update; here's a couple other suggestions: Bring a trash bag, paper towels, ice packs, your pain meds, and bland soft food the day of your surgery. I was in a lot of pain and bleeding a ton, and also getting light-headed from hunger and everything else. If you can have more than one person escort you home from the hospital, that's best. Take your pain meds asap before the numbness wears off. During early recovery, my nose was so dry and so breathing into wet washcloths and having an evaporator helped. Things I didn't know ahead of time: I didn't know I'd have to pee SO BADLY and frequently after surgery from the IV fluids. Also, you can't pee in a constant stream and it like comes out in waves haha so that was really weird!! Lastly, YES the Codeine pain meds made me extremely constipated so just prepare for that! All lovely things, haha.
I had the opposite experience. I had no pain, didn't take any painkillers and felt that it was a walk in the park. I had very little bruising and think it was due to the fact that starting the first day I only ate: papaya, pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, brussel spreads, spinach, and eggs. I think when people start eating the artificially flavored things e.g.. gatorade, jello etc. it does nothing for your healing. I drank a gallon of water or iced peppermint tea everyday and had no issue going to the restroom the second day. As I said before, I had ZERO pain and took tylenol only for swelling purposes. Make sure you take arnica and bromeliad (pineapple) and use the arnica gel on your swelling as well. Prior to my surgery I asked that the anesthesiologist put as little of any painkiller in the IV post surgery and I was so happy to wake up and be extremely lucid.
i ate this way for almost 10 days.
It's crazy how different people's experiences can be. I think it's also important to note that each case is unique and whereas one might tell their story of a simple hump removal, other jobs might be more extensive. I think mine was pretty complex and the surgeon severed a tendon in my lip, carved out space to set my nose back, and did pretty drastic work on the entire thing. Even though I did my research, I felt that my expectations didn't line up with my experience. It's good to prepare, but also to keep an open mind about how your own experience will be.