Need to Find the Right Doc, Don't Judge on Price - Vancouver, BC

There are only two clinics in Vancouver that has...

There are only two clinics in Vancouver that has Ulthera. My girlfriend called both clinics and went with the cheaper place. I was a little concerned with the reviews for the cheaper place so I went for consultation with both. In the end, I paid a lot more than my girlfriend as I decided you get what you pay for. 2 months since our treatments. My girl friend did not see much improvement but my results are excellent. Comparing the two places, same machines, I think my doctor has more experience. When I first asked about why other clinics can offer such a low price, he said he does not know how the others do it without making money, but he promised a good job at his clinic at a price that was reasonable. Totally true. I have also switched my botox treatments to this clinic as well. Their per unit price is average. Even though my previous place charged a little less but they charged for more units which turns out to be more expensive *what a scam*. Dr. C seems to know a lot about Ulthera and he also explained it is not for everyone. I am convinceed it works, just with the right doctor or clinic.

Hi, i am also interested in this procedure. Can you tell me did you do your whole face? or just 1 area?
What kind of pain medication are you taking prior the procedure?
Thank you for sharing.

Hi Vancouver,

Thanks for the review. A number of other community members have mentioned the right doctor with experience makes all the difference. I'm glad it worked out well for you, but feel bad for your girlfriend sounds like she wasn't as satisfied as you. Did you have any pain or downtime? Please keep us updated and if you have pictures to share we would love to see them.

Thanks,

-Britt

Since then, I have sent another older GF there....

Since then, I have sent another older GF there. She was initially told that Ulthera may not work for everyone (which I thought was an honest enough answer). She did do it last week and when I saw her yesterday, her results were better than mine. She is very pleased. She was going in for a follow up appointment this week and we will find out what the doctor says. I didn't think it worked so fast but seeing is believing. I am going to try to convince my GF that had the failed treatment to try this clinic instead.

Saw my doc again, once again, he said I looked great and sent me on my way. My results are "holding". He explained that my results will diminish with time, just like aging. He also reminded me that not everyone is the same. He has patients that have done multiple treatments with excellent results. Simply put, why would anyone spend more money unless they see the results. I liked his honesty and absolutely liked his straight answers and experience. One downside to his clinic, very busy and sometimes waiting time is long. He does apologize nicely. Worth it!
hey vancouverface, sounds like your ultherapy was worth it. I still want to get it -- and am searching for a doc closer than canada, but who knows...anyway I have some questions. First, have you had anything done before? Why did you want it? Does it make fillers disappear? How old are you? I ask all this stuff because I am almost forty and have a thin face, but sagging, so I need an allover lift -- but don't want to lose volume. So I do wonder if some people are better for this than others...thanks!
wow -- yes that is cheaper. Dr. Choe in VA Beach charges almost 4000 for the while face...maybe I will get a ticket to Toronto and stil have more money left over.

With a few friends that have done Ultherapy with...

With a few friends that have done Ultherapy with Dr. Cheng (not sure if I am allowed to mention Dr.'s name here?), everyone single one saw results. I have to mention that the good doctor did decline to treat one of the them because he said she was not appropriate (too far gone) and it wouldn't be worth her money. The verdict is in, the results do show within the first two weeks and continue to improve over the next 2-3 months. Even though there is mild swelling that may make the face better initially, there are still the initial contractions. It is not a miracle cure but at least it is the best so far in terms of no surgery and no downtime. I have not compared prices recently but the new $2000 price paid by another GF (again, not sure if I can quote prices here..)at Dr. Cheng's clinic seems very reasonable now. Highly recommend this treatment and especially if you find someone that is very good. A tool is only as good as the craftsman.

I need everything done I live on the suncshine coast is there free consoltation please

Thank you for the info 63girl.
Hi 63Girl, I live in Seattle and would like to try Ultheraphy with your doctor. Can I have his complete name & phone number please? Thanks.
Dr. Cheng, Skin Matters Medical Center