I'm a 36 Year Old Mother of 2 and Miss my Body - Vancouver, BC

I work hard to be in shape, stay fit and eat...

I work hard to be in shape, stay fit and eat healthy. I can't reach my personal goals with these stretch marks and hanging skin..it's hopeless unless I have the mommy makeover. I'm starting my journey by finding the right surgeon. I have two consults booked both in vancouver. I've already been to one and the other one is in a week. My husband picked the first one and I picked the second. After all my research I was happy to find friends that have chosen the same dr.s so I have heard personal reviews from both. So far real self and the ladies on here have been fantastic by sharing their own stories making me feel more comfortable. After months of "stalking " all of your stories and pictures I figure I should write my own story and support others too. :)

Thanks so much for paying it forward and starting your story! Here's a list of questions to ask at your consultations. Please let us know how they go!
Thankyou!
Good luck!! :)

2 consultations

So i just got back from having my consultation from a second dr. Both dr.s i saw were fantastic and I'd feel comfortable going to either... I think i've made my decision on which one i'm going to see. The second dr. explained things better and was more "medical" with the procedure conversation. He explained everything he would do, the risks and what would happen if the risks did occur. The two main differences were no drains and to prevent blood clots he gives a series of needles to me with a mild blood thinner. I dont really want to give my self a needle but i like the extra precaution. The drains I dont really want and he uses a quilting method to elimate the space where fluid would build up so it doesnt have the space to do so... if it does happen he'd drain it with a needle but he said it doesnt occur often. For my ba he gave me a sizer of 350 and the other dr seemed to want me to go bigger and i wasnt feeling good about bigger is better ...so i think i decided on 375 silicone gel moderate plus profile.. I went and got a mamogram done today and i talked to her about what she'd recomend saline or silicone and she also said do the silicone. If your wondering .. I chose to go get a mamo done for my peace of mind and to have a document to compare to for the future. If anyone is scared of the "pain" of a mamo..dont be... it was a piece of cake! Anyways I did call the plastic surgeon today to book my date and he may be on vacation on the day i'd like to get this done...so crossing my fingers he'll be available... I should find out in the next few days! EEEEK!
Has anyone had a tummy tuck with no drains? i'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Hi Becky, I replied to your message. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to chat with you!

Booked!!

Ok I did it ... Dr. Picked , date picked , deposit down... Now to wait and not chicken out!!! I'm excited, anxious, nervous, happy all these crazy feelings running through my head! Thank you to all the ladies on real self supporting me and answering all my questions... Xo

Rice sizers

Ok ! Today is the day I'm adding a few pictures .. I need opinions .. I made these rice sizers today. I want natural looking breasts.. I like mine, if only could inflate them lol. I think I like this size ... I'm going for the gel smooth implants under the muscle 375cc so according to these rice sizers this is what they should look like ...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Quick on the submit button

Best wishes! Size looks great for you:)
I like that shirt!
Le chateau it was on sale too lol

Why I want this done...

Well I took some pictures of my disgusting tummy ... And hanging boobies .... I really don't wanna show it but everyone else is lol. I'm pretty lucky , my dr did a fantastic job on my c-sections . My scar is low and barely seeable ... But this skin this bulby pooch agh I hate it !!

Well that was scary!!

I had a mammogram done, just for peace of mind. Well, much to my surprise I got a call back to see my dr! They found an abnormal mass in my right breast! We'll I was a mess! I was to have a spot mamo and ultrasound. I went to get the mamo and good thing I know the tech and ran into her on her break and she took me in right away and the next day I had the ultrasound... I seriously had no control over myself and totally broke down... Thank god for my husband and he was with me talking sense. Anyways the radiologist seems to think its b 9 but should deal with it first. Today I talked to the specialist here and again seems to think its nothing to be worried about either. He was going to put a needle in but he couldn't physically feel anything in my already bumpy boobies so now I'm going to get an ultrasound biopsy just to be on the safe side ... Anyways that was my scare and I cross my fingers and say my prayers that this is In fact nothing...I wanted to share because I haven't really been sharing this with people close to me .. :(

Wow! So much going on for you. Just breath. I'm sure everything will be ok. Thinking of you
Thankyou for thinking of me ... Much appreciated

Removed The growth

I had this cyst removed today ... I had a choice to get mamos every 6 months to see if it changes or take it out... So it's gone . Surprisingly enough it was quite painless... I had a wire ( 10 inch needle) placed in my Breast and it hooks onto the growth?! Then I was sedated and roved it through a small cut around the areola ... Now to wait 3 weeks to get biopsy results ... I hope all is normal

You are being very brave and courageous by sharing. real self is all about real life so good on you for sharing. I love that you did the rice sizers! I was worried about coming back to work with big boobs because I had none before so I started to actually wear them to work a couple of weeks before. What a Nightmare! But looking back at it, it is pretty funny. Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing :)
Thanks ... Lol can't believe you wore them too work..my luck they woulda fell on the floor lol
Glad it all went well ... adn glad you had it out - why wait and watch - just get rid of it so it has no chance to cause harm is my motto!! Keep us updated.

One more month

Ok one month to go! Freeking out! One second I'm excited then I'm terrified! This is normal right? I keep telling myself just relax and trust my dr. I'm going to finally have the body I want and work so hard to have.. Right!? Anyone have any advice on how to calm the nerves?

Take Valium ;-) or alcohol for nerves. I'm totally kidding! You'll be fine. Busy yourself with a list of things you won't be able to do after surgery - weed the garden, redecorate a room, heck I choose to laminate flooring (no joke). Time will not only go by faster, but you'll feel you'll have less to worry about. My mom would say to me, "you're young, you're healthy, and you're at you're best to physically have this done." So don't worry too much.... And thanks for the post on my review. :-)
Laminate flooring?!? Um. I meant LAY or INSTALL laminate flooring. Not sure how to just laminate floors. LOL! Take care!
Yay... One more month! You are in amazing hands! Try not to freak out... It will go by so fast. I kept telling myself I was going in for a nap ;) and that's exactly what it seemed like... One second you're on the table then next you're in recovery! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions! Xo

One week countdown..

Well one week to go... I'm hitting the gym pretty hard and also eating everything in sight! What the heck? I'm a nervous eater clearly... I'm super excited to see my new body and have this waiting over with! So my question for you friends... I'm packing getting ready for surgery... Any things you can recommend that you couldn't live without?

Side note: that white sweater with side buckle is super cute! I love it! I'm originally from the north and back when I owned sweaters, I would have totally wanted that one. Here in Texas, sweaters are rare mythical creatures that your wear to combat the super air conditioned buildings!

One more sleep

I can't believe it's tomorrow !!!!!

Awww congrats! Get your rest tonight and tomorrow you will be on the flat side

All done

All done

So everything seems to have gone well... My pain is tolerable ... I even went out for breakfast this morning ... I expected much worse ... So is it still to come? I haven't seen my tummy yet my post op is tomorrow so I'll get a glimpse then ... I've quickly opened my bra to see my new boobs and well they are fantastic! So pleased so far !!

Few post op pics

You look awesome! I agree, your new boobs look great! If it's not bad now, it shouldn't get worse (pain wise).
Looking good!!!!

Day 3 post op

I'm so surprised with how good I feel ... Still waiting for something to happen ... Hopefully it will continue to go so smoothly... It looks like my incision line will be covered by my underwear !!! I love how low it is ... I love my new boobs and my belly button is fantastic too!!! I did throw up one night ... Well that wasn't fun ! I'm sure it was what I ate cause as soon as I ate it I felt crappy ... I find it hard to sit around... I've ventured out a few times ... For breakfast and dinner but I'm also sleeping lots .... I'm cutting down on my
Meds and by tomorrow I hope to be on tylonol 3 instead of the Percocet ... Yay

You look amazing!! :D
Wow! You look great!

2.5 weeks po

Well I'm 2.5 weeks post op and I feel pretty great ... My tapes come off mon and I'm looking forward to seeing what my scars look like... In the mean time here's some updated pics

Looking amazing! I bet you will be so surprised by the scars... He does such great work :)
It looks amazing!!! I'm do happy
So happy

2 days short of 4 weeks

Almost 4 weeks

So I changed my tapes in my tummy today ... The scar line looks great! I'm a bit concerned with the t scar where my old belly button was ... I'm worried it still looks like a belly button! Omg please say I'm not going to be the girl with two belly buttons! Eewww ... Other than that I'm super happy... My boobs look great ! Bigger than I wanted but still love them ! No one has said anything about them so that's good ... So far I haven't gotten any weird did u get a boob job looks lol... I'm back to work ... Light duty... Tring not to lift anything ... But i have ... I have to keep reminding myself not lift things.... One more week and I'm starting back at the gym... Slowly ... I'm starting to get depressed not going ... I'm a little addicted to the weights ! :). And damn these boobs look fantastic in my lulu shirts!! Haha

I'm slowly "introducing" my girls to the work place. But I doubt even if someone ever gets suspicious, they would have the gall to ask or say anything. I also can't wait to workout again!

This is what four weeks post op looks like

Wow. You look amazing. I see abs!!!!
Dr. David

Dr. David Ward and his staff are all fantastic... Any questions at any time they are available to talk to. It was easy to put my trust into dr ward . He was very professional and wouldn't do anything he wasn't 100% comfortable with ... Absolutly fantastic and will highly recommend him and his office