32 Years Old, 2 Kids. I Want to Feel on the Outside the Way I Feel on the Inside. - Vancouver, BC

I had my 1st child when I was 20 and my body...

I had my 1st child when I was 20 and my body bounced back decently enough. I've never been confident with the way I look ( I can count on one hand the # of times I've been in a bikini in front of people). I should say, also that at 24 I had a unilateral breast reduction and lift on my left breast as there was remarkable asymmetry. The results certainly were not perfect, nor was I expecting them to be. However, I felt a million times more confident, and less of a freak of nature (actually) after the surgery.

Fast forward 7 years and I've had my 2nd (and last) baby. Obviously, being a little older this time around, my body hasn't bounced back as well as it did the first time. Being currently 3 months postpartum I know that there's still a bit of weight that will shed and I will regain, to a certain extent, what I had before baby #2; however, what WON'T resolve is the excess skin in my stomach and breast area. With 2nd pregnancy I gained a bit more weight (25lbs vs 18lbs) and my boobs grew to what I felt were a massive size! Hubby loved them, I did not ;-) I knew what would result when the pregnancy was over: deflation and a slight reversal of my past lift and reduction.

So here I am. I'm tired of avoiding the beach and swimming pools, and tropical vacations and swimming with my children and FULLY enjoying intimacy with my husband because I feel unattractive with these particular areas of my body. It's crippling and at times I feel my anxiety, embarrassment and shame have kept me a prisoner. It's been WAY too long.

I'm absolutely aware that surgery doesn't fix everything, but I'm confident that with the right surgeon, it can be life-changing.

Any advice, thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

XO

Honest opinions please!

The MMO is looking to be a little out of my price range for now. I can't decide which I'm more unsatisfied with: breasts or tummy!

I definitely feel like my breasts get in the way of being as active as I'd like to be and don't even get me started on the asymmetry and overall appearance of them. However, with a good bra, I'm content with them (as long as they are covered!).

On the other hand, the excess skin in tummy area really interferes will how clothes fit, and is, in my opinion, just plain ugly.

What do you guys think? Boobs or tummy?

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! I think you look great and I can only imagine how you'll look after this. Please keep us posted!
My first comment is you look great...especially only 3 months postpartum! Your abdomen skin and percentage of body fat will certainly improve over the next 6 months. I'm certain your body will not be exactly like it was one year ago. With your self esteem and impeded intimacy issues (with your husband), you may consider doing an abdominplasty and breast lift. The second breast procedure may be able to bring further symmetry to your breasts. I would wait for 3 more months to allow the abdominal muscles to tighten prior to attempting any reconstruction. Good luck. Dr. Taranow NYC
Thank you so much for your advice and input. I'd love to have BOTH procedures done, but cost might get in the way. I'd then have to decide on one or the other and right now I'm torn. Again, thanks for your comment Dr. Taranow.
I hear you loud and clear. I would not wait any longer if I were you. I did...my youngest is 10 and I thought that some how my skin would just magically be reabsorbed. It has not happened yet and I am, like you, considering a MMO. However, I am very scared about dying on the operating table!!! I think it is the vanity of it all! Hope we both go through with it and are very pleased with the results. I guess that will determine how worth it - it was! Good luck to you!
You make a good point. Surgery can be scary if something goes awry while you're under. :-/ Thank you so much for your comment and best of luck :)