Makes a Subtle but Beautiful Difference - Vancouver, BC

I tried to ignore it, but there it was: a too-long...

I tried to ignore it, but there it was: a too-long upper lip that made me not want to look in the mirror without pursing my lips to change the proportion. I'd had a long-scar facelift in my forties and a brow lift in my early fifties and was happy with my face at the age of 56 except for this one thing that wasn't in harmony with my relatively youthful face.

Dr. Buonassi's website was comprehensive and user-friendly, and the videos showed me a plastic surgeon who was low-key, intelligent, thoughtful and personable, with a clearly warm and caring rapport with the patients featured. I liked that he specializes in facial surgery. The photos of his rhinoplasty patients demonstrated a terrific eye for a natural aesthetic, and his lip lift patients had symmetrical and conservative philtrum reductions; I'd seen some extreme lip lifts online and was very clear about wanting to avoid anything unnatural. My consultation was relaxed and thorough and I felt entirely comfortable about putting my face in the care of Dr. Buonassisi.

Mandy and Katy could not have been more kind and reassuring and the facilities at 8west are elegant, spotless and first-rate. Everyone was on-time and professional.

The procedure was done with local anaesthetic and was over quickly with no pain or anxiety after the initial freezing injections, which the doctor did swiftly and deftly. Subsequent discomfort was minimal -- after that evening when I took a couple of Tylenol, I didn't require anything else. There was no difficulty eating or drinking. The swelling was gone in four or five days. There was no bruising. After two weeks, with a touch of coverup, I was back in the social whirl with no self consciousness, feeling prettier and very happy. Four mm. were removed from the original 20. The scarring after one month is barely noticeable except for some redness which will resolve itself.

I can recommend this procedure and Dr. Buonassisi without reservation.

Makes a Subtle but Beautiful Difference - Vancouver, B.C.

Before and afters

At five weeks, no makeup

Just to reassure everyone that if done competently, the scar is very minor indeed.

At just about six weeks.

This is 2cm minus 4mm equals 1.5cm final measurement. That little mark is just a beauty spot.

Better photo

See me while you can!

Full face just for recent followers because you all have been so supportive.

Smile didn't change at all.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I couldn't possibly be any happier with my experience and the beautiful result. When I am ready for any other rejuvenating plastic surgery as I continue to age, I'm glad to know that I will have a terrific doctor to put my trust in. Thank you, Dr. Buonassisi, Mandy and Katie!