Had my encoscopic ab muscle repair Nov 21 after full TT in April/11

I have always been in great shape and worked out a...

I have always been in great shape and worked out a few times per week. . I always weight about 95 to 98 lbs at 5'3. In two years I have had two babies. My second pregnancy caused me to have seperation of my abdominal muscles as well as some loose skin and fat. I look like I am 6 months pregnant. I know I am done with having babies now. I am sooo self-conscious about my stomach and I cant even wear nice clothes like I used. I also got some fat around my luv handles and a small roll or two on my back (bra rolls)which I would love to get rid of (I have always had this problem prior to having babies despite working out, just a little worse since my pregnancies)

My recommendation would be to see one more doctor.   I had the tumescent lipo on my hips and outer thighs and am very happy with the results.
Hey there. I actually booked my yesterday. I decided to go with the tumescent doc. I am booked for April 4 OMG I am sooo scared but this website has been great ! I have been on it for many months reading upon the the TT.

That is excellent!   Keep reading on the site and it will help you through.

Holy Hannah, I am booked for April 4 ! I had a...

Holy Hannah, I am booked for April 4 ! I had a dream lastnight that I am on the operating room table and I am receiving the anesthetic. I am starting to fall asleep but at the same time, I am starting to feel like I cant breathe. (I am unable to see the face of the anesthesiologist as he is wearing one of those doc masks.) I wake up almost gasping for air ! Oh my how scary is this, eh ? ! By the way these pics that I have posted are really hard to look at. For some reason, they look wayyyy bad in the pics LOL !!

I like to wear "fat smoother" tank tops underneath my clothing to help hold me in and smooth out my back. They hold you in nicely and are not uncomfortable at all! I'm excited to hear about your tummy tuck and I'm sure ill be chatting with you while im laid up in bed after my surgery lol!
which brand do you wear? I have the high power spanx but it actually brings out my back roll even more! It also gives me this weird line on my skin from the hemmings from the material (midline) I would be really curious to find out which one you use. When is your tummy tuck? If we are getting them close we can definitely keep in touch and help each other through it when hard times come ! :-)
I had lipo on the love handle area and I am still swollen and sore and I cannot yet see the difference. I hope they look good he said he removed 125cc from both sides. Not sure if that was a lot. lol. I do think you should see more drs and get more opinions.

I forgot to mention that I am 33 years old and...

I forgot to mention that I am 33 years old and right now I weigh about 117lbs (never lost the pregnancy weight, but I'm okay with this number). I also have a belly button hernia (obvious from my pics), which the PS will correct. Yipee, a new belly button ! Mine looks so sad right now :-(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had some questions so I called the PS and spoke...

I had some questions so I called the PS and spoke to the receptionist. Regarding the prescriptions for pain killers . . . she said the doc gives any prescriptions required on the day of surgery. Does this sound about right? You would think he would give it before so I could pick it up prior to surgery cuz wont I be drowzy from the anesthetic on the day of?? Also, I noticed on this site a lot of peeps are seeing their PS preop but the receptionist said its not necessary, unless I have questions of course. Also, she said its too early for the surgery time (I'm booked April 4) and I wont get it till about a week prior, which is fine.

Mine is 3 weeks away! March 21st. So yes i will answer all your questions and ill be here for you during your journey as well! =) The brand is "self expressions by suddenly skinny" at target!
How exciting . . only 3 weeks left ! I will look up the brand, unfortunately, we dont have Target here in Vancouver :-( THANKS ! Have you done anything to prepare for your surgery? I am thinking about purchasing a used recliner but I dont know, I really have no space in my house.

Wow I cant believe it in a month today I will have...

Wow I cant believe it in a month today I will have had my surgery. I still have worries about receiving the anesthetic and the thought of someone putting a tube down my throat during an anesthetic freaks me out, but I have to say I am feeling less worried since being on this wonderful site for the past couple of weeks! At this point I am feeling very excited and thinking about ways to prepare myself prior to surgery (i.e. types of foods to buy, purchasing a few pillows, etc. ) I was thinking about buying a recliner but I really have no space in my house. I will have TONS of pillows to help stay in the semi laying position and oh my wonderful husband who will take the first couple of weeks off!

P.S. I bough Maderma and my doctor suggested Bio Oil and it was about 10$ cheaper
I got mederma but I decided to read about scar gels/cream and a lot of PS's say they dont like mederma and that they dont recommend using....I think I might return it and get something silicon based. Not sure what to do...
Bio oil? Is that for applying on the scar? Did you start applying it on the incision right after surgery or once it has healed? (that might be a stupid question but I had to ask)

Okay, so I have just updated my picture. There was...

Okay, so I have just updated my picture. There was a comment made that my pics look like I am way more than 117lbs (just weighed myself by the way). I must admit I felt crappy about that so I did the pic myself LOL !! They still look hella bad but not as crazy bad as before. Hmmmm. . I wonder what the difference was. My husband took them maybe it was the angle or something LOL !!

I bet you are so excited! Your 4 days before me... I am so excited too! I know I want sexy abs too! We will probably look better than we did before pregnancy with these new abs! I emailed the PS coordinator today with a bunch of questions, including when am i getting my packet of info! Waiting for her to get back to me! I am feeling so antsy! It does feel good to get some exercise in. I am trying to get in as much as possible before surgery so that I don't feel like a slug while laying on the couch, lol!
Farz, you don't look like 178 lbs, lol! I am totally with you because I am 112 lbs and if you look at my pics my stomach looks big too! Its like we are tiny everywhere else except the tummy because of our little ones... its the ab mucles that are so separated...that is why are tummys look the way they do! We will be brand new again soon!
Oh thanks blondiekj that makes me feel better hehe! Did you get the packet mailed from your PS yet? OMG three weeks today for me !! Super excited! I just wanna get rid of this tummy of mine and have a sexy flat stomach already! I'm hopefully gonna try to go to Walmart this week and pick up a few things like the wedge pillow, oil, MOM, Arnica, etc. . . I hopped on the treadmill for 30 min yesterday. It felt so good. I'm hoping I can do that at least 3 times a week.

Well my fellow TT's . . . 3 more weeks to go!...

Well my fellow TT's . . . 3 more weeks to go! My PS office called yesterday reminding me that full payment is due on the 21st, which would be 2 weeks prior to my surgery. While I had her on the phone, I asked her couple of questions. She has never heard of Arnica, which I thought was a bit odd. But I believe I can get it at the health food store. I really want to take it prior because I am a bruiser! She also said garment is the same thing as binder (she said its just another wording) and it will be provided to me on the day of surgery. I always thought the garment is different than the binder! There is also no need for me to start taking any med's prior.

I have made the list of things I will need and I am thinking Friday I can get everything as my dad is available the whole day & evening to babysit. I am thinking I might as well treat myself to a martini or two in the evening with my hubby hehe!

So I am just starting on a high protein diet with cardio at least 3 times per week on my treadmill since the weather is crappy here right now. I am hoping to lose a few pounds b4 TT. Now that I have pretty much finished with breastfeeding/pumping this week, it should be easier.

Oh also thinking about going to Fiji in June (my husband from there) but I have to ask my PS if that would be okay. Anybody travel 2 months after their TT ?

Wow, Fiji huh? That is awesome... have you ever been there? That sounds like an amazing trip... I think two months post TT should be enough time to heal before traveling! Wow, your PS never heard of arnica huh? The vitamins I will be on for two weeks prior and two weeks post have both arnica and bromealin in them for the anti-inflammatory and healing... maybe you should get both of those supplements and take them two weeks prior up to two weeks post!
Yes I have already been there 3 times the last being 7 years ago. OMG I cant wait to go bikini shopping hehe. It is soooo beautiful there. I have tons of family so I stay with them but I go mostly for the island resorts. Ya, I thought it was pretty weird PS secretary didnt hear about Arnica but I went to Choices Market today, (natural food store) but they only had a pack that came with the pellets as well as the gel, which I dont want. London Drugs carry it so I will check it out. I definitely want to take it prior to surgery. So I guess I will start 2 weeks prior too. How much are they getting you to take?
That is so awesome that you will be going to Fiji in your new bikini this summer! What fun =) I secretly want to go there...lol! Hmm... I am not sure how much I will be taking... PS is mailing me the vitamins..they should be here today or tomorrow... Then I will check it out.. I know the vitamins were lumped into my surgical costs... $100 of the cost, lol!

Okay so today I paid for the procedure in full....

Okay so today I paid for the procedure in full. This is it, no turning back now! I am so nervous yet so excited at the same time. I just want it done already!

Lately I have been feeling really guilty looking at my kids because following surgery (and who knows up to how many weeks) I wont be able to do all the things i'm doing for them now and especially the first few days I'll be on med's so I wont really be there for them at all :-(

I HAVE A QUESTION: Two weeks following the surgery there is a wedding. Will I be able to stand up straight by then??? I know everyone is different. Thanks.

Only two weeks to go! Oh, I have a wedding to go to three weeks post op so I was also wondering how good will I be to go and enjoy myself, lol! I know it will be difficult to look at our little ones and know that we can't do much with them being on pain killers and stuff... I feel the same way but know that we just need a few weeks time to heal then we will be good as new and running around with our little ones again!
Who is watching your little ones the first week?
Thanks for the reassuring words! I need it! My husband is taking the first two weeks off and then my mom for two weeks after that. I'm such a control freak and a neat freak though hehe! I want things done a certain way and I drive myself crazy when its not done, ya know? But my husband is really good with the kids and I know it will be all good. How about you? Who is watching the kids (and you) the first week or so?
Sounds like things will go well with your household and everything is set and in order! Just let your husband take control for the first week or two and you can focus on healing and sleeping, lol!

Oh my TT is on a Friday so my husband will be there Friday-Sunday along with my mother-in-law who is a nurse...then my little guy goes to daycare during the week so that will be easy... the second weekend my sister in law will be there and the third weekend my parents will be there... What is good is my son will still be in daycare during the week so my husband can handle him at night and we will have help on the weekends... =)

I got a FREE lazy-boy recliner from Craiglist...

I got a FREE lazy-boy recliner from Craiglist (great condition too). I was really just browzing and I came across the ad so I said why the heck not . . its free hehe! I was wondering though how would I use it after my surgery because you have to push against it (using your back) in order to recline it. Wont this be bad for the abdominal muscles? Oh and I got the Arnica, which I will start on Monday (one-week prior to my surgery)

Hey blondiekj. I am actually pretty calm about it, well right now anyways hehe. Ummm. . I havent been doing so well over the last two days though. I started this diet thing and added Splenda to my diet instead of sugar since last week and the last couple days I have had constipation.. hurts like hell to have a friggin bowel movement! I nearly cried today. I have stopped the Splenda as of yesterday so hopefully it will get better. Also, my 5 month old punched my boob so hard 2 days ago and then later that same day my 18 month old accidentally head-butted me on the same area on my boob!! Holy hell did it hurt. Yesterday I woke up and noticed my boob to be hard and EXTREMELY sore. I sure hope that I dont have a clogged duct or something due to the trauma, cuz I stopped bfeeding/pumping over a week now. Just when I thought I was in the clear. . . I started Arnica yesterday so hopefully that will help and also just taking extra strength tylenol. If it doesnt get better by tomorrow, I will go to the doc. I do think its just a big bruise though. I sure hope it all resolves in time for my surgery on Monday. I got everything I needed just this past weekend. How are you feeling at this point? I cant believe only 10 days left for you!
Hey Farz! How are you feeling are you still so excited or nervous? Have you done all of your pre-TT shopping and stuff yet? I can't believe you are only 6 days away!!! I am 10 days and so excited but haven't done any shopping yet!!!
Farz..busy girl! Like everyone else will tell you, everyones healing recovery process is different! I talked to some that were a week post op and standing up fine!!! Not me! It wasn't until I got my drains removed (which was at 10days post op) that I was standing up almost straight and I am 3 weeks post op and pretty much standing up straight. But I get tired easily and my back hurts after a while..I have to take little breaks . If I was my dishes by the time I am done I am sore and kinda hunched over so I sit a take a little break. Good luck on your surgery! I would ask your PS about getting the RX earlier...I got mine 2 weeks prior surgery...cause I don't even remember waking up or going home after my surgery!!!That's how "out of it" I was let alone trying to go fill some RX..

Okay, the PS office called me and I am to be at...

Okay, the PS office called me and I am to be at the Surgical Centre Monday at 8:15am and my surgery time is 9am. My husband will take me and my sister will pick me up. Wow, I cant believe this is the last weekend with my saggy, flabby, sad lookin belly button that I have been complaining for so long. I really hope and pray all goes well. I will follow-up again after my surgery. This website has been so great to me, so many people who are willing to share their experiences, give advice and just tummy talk. . . it really has given me more courage to do this for myself and I dont feel like I am all alone on this !

Well, here we go. Only a few more hours and we will be headed in to surgery. Hope to hear how your recovery is going.

Best of luck from Tennessee.

Ladies you are going to do just fine.
I know. I still feels unreal. All the best to you and keep in touch!

So I had my surgery this morning. I am doing...

So I had my surgery this morning. I am doing better than I thought. I can stand 30 degrees upright. My muscles are the only thing that are a bit sore. And I mean, a bit like I did an ab workout. The bothersome things are my nausea and vomiting and my drains which I have some blood coming out. I tried the maxi pad idea but still dripping. I dont know what to do. Any advice anyone? I just took a Gravol. I havent eaten anything and I absolutely just cant. Each time I try to drink water, I throw it all up within 10 minutes. For pain so far I have taken 2 Tyl #3's and 2 prescription pain killer when I got home in the early afternoon. I also took a couple of antibiotics. By the way my prescriptions were given to m husband right before I went in to the O.R. I will post pics soon, hopeuflly tomorrow. Cant see much as obbiously binder is on. Should I try to eat again?? Yuk, just the thought of it makes me wanna throw up.

I honestly didn't eat much the first 2 days after surgery only a couple crackers with the pain meds but I did drink a TON of water! You should really try to get as much water down as you can. Did you get a script for meds for nausea? I can not even begin to imagine the pain that vomitting brings! Hopefully you get over thus stage fast!
Hope all went well today. Congratulations on your new tuumy and best wishes on your recovery!
Good luck today! I can't wait to see the new you :)

DAY 2 Feel pretty great today....

DAY 2

Feel pretty great today. Nausea/vomiting has completely gone. I think it may had to do with the anesthetic. I took Gravol lastnight and that seemed to do the trick. Slept on my recliner like a baby. Had to get up couple of times to go pee and take my pills with my husbands assistance. Woke up this morning had an egg and toast and apple juice and tons of water. Suddenly felt VERY thirsty. Felt great to have something in my tummy. I tried to open the girdle thing and was afraid to take it all off but I peeked in a little bit and I am totally flat ! I tried to get a good look on my sides (luv handle area) and seems the fatness around there is gone too! I just cant wait for my appt with my PS on Thursday to see it all. By the way, I only have one drain, which he said he will remove on Thursday. Not too much blood coming out. WIth a little trail and error, my husband managed to securely placed a maxi pad in the right place and used cloth tape. I havent had to change it yet so I guess thats a good sign. Pain level right now: 2/10. The only time I feel pain is a little burning when I get up and stand up where the tube is and something on the left side, which I dont know what is causing it but I guess I will find out on Thursday. Also muscles a litte sore but nothing I cant handle. I hope to take pictures for you guys on Thursday when my PS removes the girdle. Wow, not as bad as I thought I would be. Hopefully, I dont jinx myself hehe!

Thanks sooooo much. I wish you all the very best. Its so crazy cuz you think about it for soooo long and then you go into the O.R. put on this mask and all of a sudden you wake up and they tell you that your surgery is over !! Seriously, I thought I was dreaming. Lastnight when I woke up at 3am for my med's I was thinking I have to go for my surgery still ha, ha, ha!!!! My husband's like what are you tripping about, ha!!!

Good to hear from you:)   Hang in there and rest all you can.  This will get easier and easier each day.

Keep us up to date!

Hugs
Glad to hear your surgery is behind you. I know the first week is hard, but in a few days you will be amazed at how quickly you start to feel better. By day 6 or so I had cabin fever and actually went out to lunch and walked around target for a minute. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

DAY 2 Slept great again. Love the recliner. I...

DAY 2

Slept great again. Love the recliner. I have two pillows under my shoulder and one under my head and one of those long pillows under my legs. Hella comfy. I put the recliner at the foot of our bed in our bedroom. Poor hubbie got sick unfortunately but he is getting better. My dad helped us out yesterday. Woke up this morning thought I could eat but was wrong. Had some pineapple juice and small piece of hard boiled egg. FElt nauseated so took Gravol and hit the recliner again. Just woke up from a 3 hour nap tummy feels like it has a lot of air and I cant even push anythng cuz I'm afraid I will pop something. Will try to eat something soon again. Just posted pics. Talk to you guys later. Feeling groggy but love my pain med's he he!! Who needs a pain pump ??? My pain is still just 2/10

So glad you are feeling better. Do you think it was the codeine? Or just a result of the surgery itself. Your after pics look really good!
Well I have taken Codeine in the past and never threw up. I really think it was from the anesthetic.
I am so happy you aren't vomiting anymore and were able to eat something and you are feeling much better =) Yippee, So you are all flat now... how wonderful! Can't wait to see some pics! What is Gravol?
I am starting to get nervous and my husband is too..he was telling me... Oh boy... Hopefully I won't have the vomiting because I have a 3 hour car ride home... Were you nauseaus when you left the recovery room or did it start later?

DAY 3 Slept great on the recliner again. Last...

DAY 3

Slept great on the recliner again. Last time I took a painkiller was this morning at 5am. Going to see if I can do without it. So far so good. I still havent pooped yet and I think I will try metamucil or MOM soon. Just came back from first postop visit with PS. He commented that I looked pretty perky considering I just had a TT ! He said he removed 355cc of fat on each side (luv handles). I am not sure how much this is but sounds good to me. He removed my one drain. Hurt like a b_tch for 5 seconds. I have no pain now. I CANT BELIEVE MY TUMMY IS FLAT YALL!!! Came home ate a little piece of low sodium beef fajita with pineapple juice. Feel like another nap though. I think I will change into my PJ's again first hehe! I really did not expect it was going to be like this. I thought it was going to be much, much worse!!!! I am almost walking totally upright at this point. My follow-up with PS is Monday so I can see my belly button then! I forgot my camera when I went to see my PS but will try to post again soon.

It sounds like you're doing great! No doubt at all you're happy you've done this for yourself!
You have no idea how much hearing you (and others here on Real Self) describe this in a "not horrific" way, just puts me more at ease. I'm getting more and more excited!

Congrats to you and keep sending up perky updates!!
;)Lauren
Awh, you poor thing... that is alot of throwing up! I will definitely tell the nurses before I go in tomorrow that I have a long car ride home and hopefully they will give me something so I don't get sick... Wow, look at your new tummy... you look so good! So happy for you!

So were you completely naked when they brought you into surgery? I just want to be prepared... hoping that I won't have to be but thinking I probably will...lol!
Blondiekj..they gave me a robe to wear (of course no panties or bra) and then I remember laying on the bed and they hook up the blood pressure machine...then I don't remember ANYTHING after that...just know I woke up with my sis trying to help me get in car to go home!! So I missed about 6 hrs of the day that I can't tell ya what happened...all I know is that its worth it! I am 4weeks post op and do remember my first week saying that "I wish I only did my boobies" cause I would be better now but then as time passed I am better and so glad I did it! Just wish the swelling would go down..well away!! Good luck!

Yay, I finally pooped LOL !! Damn did it feel so...

Yay, I finally pooped LOL !! Damn did it feel so good ha ha!!! I took a glass of prune juice first thing in the morning prior to eating anything including my antibiotic. I then drank a boiled glass of hot water. Seemed like something was happening but I just didnt want to push and ruin my muscles so I took 3/4 TBSP of MOM to help and within 1/2 hour it did. I do feel a little gassy though probably the MOM. Luckily I didnt take too much of it. I am not taking any pain med's as I dont feel I need it. Boy do I feel tired though. Off to take another nap. Oh and this binder thing is kinda getting itchy. Feel like taking it off for a bit. Maybe I will later.

Wow girl! You are looking good! So you finally got to your day...I have been thinking about you and hoping that everything went well. You have kept me motivated and thinking positive through my ordeal. Now it is your turn...:). You are going to see amazing results! Keep us posted on your progress and how you are feeling...:)
Glad to hear you finally got some relief
hooray!!! you did it!!!

DAY 5 Everything still all good but today I...

DAY 5

Everything still all good but today I have developed a really itchy tickly cough! Oh this sucks. Out of no where! It hurts to cough but its one of those coughs where you cant control it! I am afraid I will undo the sutures in my muscles! I am not on any painkillers. Tummy feels a little achy from coughing hard a couple of times. I am taking Fisherman's Friend. What should I do???

Wow you look so awesome!!! I hope you are feeling well. I am feeling very good for 4 days post op. I am so happy that I did this!!!!
Oh, just read your update. I hope your cough gets better. Drink lots of lemon water. Maybe that will help.
thanks so much Madison5269. I am drinking herbal tea with honey and also started on Benylyn cough syrup. Went to my PS today . . no damage done to my muscles . . . YET!

DAY 8 Off pain meds for a while now except...

DAY 8

Off pain meds for a while now except sometimes taking Tylenol. Cough is way better after taking a lot of herbal tea/honey and Benylyn. I went to my PS yesterday and he removed that plastic thing on the lower half of my abdomen. I was just so shocked to completely get a look at it. He removed the gauze over the belly button but I didnt really get a good chance to look at it cuz I was focusing on the tummy and how flat it was he he! He said I havent done any damage to my muscles by coughing . . thank goodness. I havent taken off my garment since but when I do I will take more pics. Still no pain . . . new thing that's been happening is several times a day I feel a little stinging/burning for a few seconds on my incision line. I think cuz its rubbing against my garment. Anybody else experiencing this? Oh and I weigh 113 lbs. Before my tt I weighed 117lbs.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Not letting me update with picture for some reason...

Not letting me update with picture for some reason . . . ???

Farz your tummy looks wonderful!
LOOOOOOOOOK AT THAT SUPER FLAT TUMMY!!! PARTY TIME!! you look FANTASTIC!! congrats!! keep us updated!

16 days postop Feeling better and better...

16 days postop

Feeling better and better everyday. Still a little swollen but not as bad as I thought I would be. Tend to slouch slightly but almost standing up straight. Doing light housework but still not too active yet. Finally got the courage to to sleep in my bed today (nap). Cough gone and thank goodness I never undid a suture in my muscles. Saw my PS Monday and he said I was healing VERY well. Next appt is in a month. I forgot to ask him about scar therapy. I hate my binder. Will purchase a compression garment hopefully this week. Feeling some aches and sharp pain in my abdominal area but not so bad that I have to take meds. I am not happy that I have a tiny bit of loose skin under my belly button and a line under it. Will ask my PS next time what the deal is. Updated pics . . .

Hey Farz! We are 1 month post-op! How are you feeling/doing? Hope you are still healing well. Feel free to pop me a PM for updates. :)
You are looking fantastic!! Yay for you!!
farz! You look fantastic! What an amazing difference! How are you feeling? Are you 4 weeks out now? How close are you to being back to normal activities?

5 WEEKS POST TT Hey everyone. I havent been...

5 WEEKS POST TT

Hey everyone. I havent been on this site for a couple weeks. Healing is going great. I am walking totally normally. It was my first day without help with my kids. Still trying to use my arms to lift them, although my upper back kinda hurts from trying to do that. Sometimes I get sharp pain from where the lipo was inserted but its getting alot better. Still numb around my belly button. Hoping to start treadmill next week but waiting to see my PS first. Otherwise my life is pretty much back to normal now. I am very happy with my results but my tummy is not flat. You will see from my pics I just updated. I tried on a couple of shirts and dresses yesterday and you could see the two bumps (upper abdomen bulge and lower) I feel I still have to cover my tummy area by wearing loose clothes. This shouldnt be . . . I just had a tummy tuck! Hoping lipo will help. Will discuss with PS next week. I also want to get my upper back done. Whenever he says its okay i'm gonna go for it!

Hi Farz, we were just talking about swelling - I never swelled above my belly button at all & guess what? Now, almost 5 weeks post op, the part above my belly button is so swollen & under is too! I think I am more swollen than ever!! Aggg!!
OMG...Farz... you and me both! I havent posted pics for 2 weeks because I am mortified at how big I am right now! I keep thinking WTF? 9K for a tummy tuck, and I can't even fit the clothes I wore 5 weeks ago, prior to surgery... it's tough. It is reassuring to read what our 'more experienced' tuckers say about the swelling. Still, I've had enough lol. Also, I am STILL not walking completely upright!! UGH

So what's with the tape on you incision now? Is it scar strips? I ordered the gelzone garment belt, but I will try it next week after I see PS.

How much longer til your vaycay??
Hey j-taylor. Sry I havent kept in touch my life has been crazy lately. 6 month old sick again, hubbie back to work . . .
My last PS appt (when I was 2 wks postop he said whenever I shower to apply a fresh sterilized tape . . I just kept on doing it cuz I wasnt sure when to stop. I am seeing him next Thursday. I havent bothered with anything for my scar yet. Not only did PS not say anything yet but the scar really doesnt bother me. Shit I just want my tummy to be flat already LOL! No vacay for me . . . I am on mat leave until August and then going back to work. We get one year here and cant believe its almost over! But it was perfect timing to get the tummy tuck! Are you back to work?
Well its definitely reassuring to know I am not the only one going through this. The weird thing is I didnt even know its swelling. How do you really know its swelling though? Is is supposed to feel hard or soft?? The thing that really helped me walk straighter and stretch my back out is is try lying as flat (with binder on) as you can on your back on your bed. I know it may feel like your gonna "pull" something but at this point you really should be okay.
LOL I was/am mortified of these pics I posted but I really wanted to see what other peeps had to say. Is your swelling upper or lower abdomen? I bet it doesnt look nearly as bad as mine !!

I took another set of pics right after breakfast...

I took another set of pics right after breakfast this morning. I was changing out of my binder into my day compression and I really had a good look at my tummy. Looks like its not as big as the other day when I took the pics in the evening (as I usually do). Hmmm. . . could the bulginess really be swelling afterall? Its still not completely flat but better. Have a look tell me wut u think!

I totally think that it is swelling you are experiencing! You can't see it as much in my photos but along my incision ridge it is raised with swelling still and also along my verticle scar. I just haven't posted close up photos of my scars. I have no idea how long it takes for that swelling to go away for good. Maybe months?? I will let you know when mine goes away completely!
Mine was 3/22 and it is almost 8 weeks and I still am. Had a follow up last Thursday and my Dr. said I am going to slowly see the swelling come down, and have a little way to go yet, especially under my belly button. So that is where I am at, but yes, it is annoying!
ok good to know ;) thanks.
i go back wed to see my PS so i will ask too...

I saw my PS yesterday (6 week postop) and...

I saw my PS yesterday (6 week postop) and regarding the upper and lower bulge . . he said there is absolutely no fat there and muscles looked great. He said when he pinches he could just feel my muscles not fat and that it should/will come down some cuz it is some swelling there and takes some time. Totally happy with this! He gave me the okay to start working out . . cant wait. . hoping I can hop on my treadmill tonight before the hockey game. Regarding my upper back roll/fat he agreed that since everything looks so proportioned now that it does stick out quite a bit so he is doing lipo for me in June at half the cost. Life is back to normal. . enjoying clothes that I couldnt fit into after having my 2 kids! I have taken a pic with clothes on . . . otherwise tummy looks same as last week :-) Oh and I dont have to wear my binder no more!!! yay for me !!! Also, he wants me to keep putting the sterilized tape on my incision line after each shower for another month or so. I find the tape protects the incision line from rubbing into my pants/jeans. PS asked me what I was doing to the scar. He said whatever I'm doing seems to work cuz it doesnt look so dark. I told him I was doing nothing LOL !! I havent even put any kind of oil or cream on it as of yet! :-)

You look wonderful Farz:)

U look great
hey girl!! are you still swollen at all?
i am and i HATE IT! ugh

2 MONTH POST OP I am really embarassed to...

2 MONTH POST OP

I am really embarassed to show these pics especially the one sitting down. Now u guys will know why I am constantly complaining about swelling! I feel at this point I still have to wear some sort of shapewear to hide the bulging tummy :-( I know there is a HUGE difference from before, just wished it would be flat not bumpy. There are days when I am pretty flat but usually only in the mornings. I will be patient and wait for the day there will be no more swelling. God knows when that'll be though. I really wish PS could've gotten rid of all the stretched skin. Under my belly button you will see there is some left.

HHHmmm...Let me know what the PS says... I know that its hard to tell what is going on with our bodies... Since I posted those pics in a bikini I have swelled in the upper abs for about a week now...in the center area...its so weird... I am not swollen at all below the bb just below the breast area...so frustrating! I don't go to the PS again until the end of July...guess it will be the 3 1/2 month mark.

Yea, that game was amazing... Awh, scared your baby huh? My little guy use to get scared when we would yell about hockey until we took him to a game this winter and he loved it... lol! Cheered when they scored and sat through the entire thing without a fuss and he was about 18 months, lol! To funny! can't wait to watch game 2!

Let me know how you make out this afternoon...hopefully you will get some answers!
Just to let you both know, 6 months post op, still swelling and hard in the upper stomack center just below the breast.As if the internal organs are pushing the muscle out. When I press it it goes in and I look flat and when I let go its pops back out. also slight swelling or extra fat on the sides.
Not every one can get results like kimmers...
They say how you look in the morning is how you will look at the end of all of this swelling. Makes perfect sense. We will be fine thank you!

I went to my PS again yesterday to try to get more...

I went to my PS again yesterday to try to get more answers as to why I am not flat and why I look the way I do sitting down. I took pictures (Kimmers advice) with me to show him my progress over the last 2 months and to help him understand what I am not happy about. He said I am still quite swollen not only from the TT but from the lipo and that I am really early on. He said it can take from 3 to 6 months before the final results. He also said some patients get really bad bloating and unfortunately, I am one of them! He told me on the days I have bloating (when I look 5 months prego) to wear my CG but mainly that time will heal. He said that working out will definitely help as well. I am so happy I have lost 5 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I am eating lots of protein (salmon, chicken) with lots of veggies and fruits and yogurt and cardio every other day. Its funny my skin is shining and looks like I got a facial LOL !! I am 115 lbs now. It is going to be hard but I will be patient for at least 6 months before I complain again LOL! I'm gonna cross my fingers and toes that it will improve. Either way, I am very, very happy and greatful to my PS. Although I still cant wear tight fitted tops/dresses at least I can enjoy wearing most clothes again . . . clothes that I couldnt wear before the TT.

That is exactly where I am swollen too... what did your PS say about it?
I dont want to look like anyone but myself!

Just over 2.5 months postop My upper abdomen...

just over 2.5 months postop

My upper abdomen is still bulging. Lower has gotten better over the last couple weeks. I am really bothered by it. I know when I get swelling and bloating (usually throughout the day). I dont wake up flat anymore, since I have not been wearing my CG for the last couple weeks, which worries me. I went to the walk in clinic and the doc said something doesnt feel quite right where this bulge is. I went to see my naturopathic doc (for a differnt reason) and she said it looks as though your muscle or organ is pushing out. I went back to my PS and he STILL didnt feel anything was really wrong, nor did he agree that ultrasound was warranted. He sid I am concentrating too much on this area (I wouldnt be if it wasnt sticking out). He decided that he would lipo the area some more since I am to go for my lip of back on Monday. I dont think its fat, because when I pinch or poke it feels like muscles but doesnt feel like this anywhere else. Will update with pics on Monday. Am I still happy I did the TT . . HECK YA I AM !!! Look at the new pic I posted. You can kinda see the upper bulge. . .

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my lipo on upper tummy on Monday (along with...

I had my lipo on upper tummy on Monday (along with back lipo) and I had a quick peak and finally that upper bulge is no longer there. There is a tiny hard piece of something just above my BB but seriously, this does not bother me like at all!! Now the lower looks huge LOL! I have been using an elastic type compression since Monday so hopefully the bulge doesnt appear again once I stop using it. PS still didnt order an ultrasound . . but I guess it wasnt muscle problems after all . . . THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Wow, didn't know you were going in for the revision...So he did the back lipo and on the upper abs? I guess he missed that the first time with the TT huh? How are you feeling? HOw was the pain, etc with just the lipo revision? Hope you are feeling well... Your new pics look great! You must be so happy now with the revised results.
Farz, your latest pictures look awesome!! You must be so happy!!
Farz how are you doing? I noticed you posted about your MR being not good. Have you found any PS to fix it?
I hope all is well.

This sucks and I am very pissed. I have been...

This sucks and I am very pissed. I have been telling my PS since I think week 1 postop that I have been noticing this damn bulge and he kept reassuring me (last visit was last week) everything looked great. One time he said to me "you know, some people are built that way". Ya right! I was NEVER like this prior to having my kids!

It looked flat on the day of the revisional lipo (which I still cant believe I went through it) but starting the day after as it started to soften up it started slowly reappearing (and as soon as I starting eating normally). Long story short I had seen a naturopathic doc for constipation issues and I am allergic to virtually everything I eat. (gluten, egg, dairy, peanut, blueberry, onion, garlic, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon, grapes, orange, lemon, lettuce, cabbage, carrot, celery, coffee, wheat and more!) Although I am not avoiding everything it has made a huge difference in my bloating but the bulge is always unfortunately there and it bothers me so much. I saw a GI specialist today and he said there is obviously about 4 finger gap (muscle seperation). He even made me put my fingers in there. I am going back to see my PS although if I want to get this fixed I dont think I will have it done with him. Plus I dont want to get reopened up again. I want it done endoscopically, which he doesnt do. IDK. I cant believe my PS didnt see the seperation all this time. I mean, thats what he does! Weird thing is ultrasound abdomen ordered by my GP (cuz PS didnt want to order it, that a-hole) was normal. Weird.

farz,

What is going on? Did you ever get your TT fixed? Did you meet with the DR in Seattle....Thinking of you! Hope you are doing well! Ready for hockey season!
Farz, I am so sorry to hear about this.I was just talking to Duffy about you the other day.
I am having issues too, there is a boldge in the center upper and also on the left side.
I do have scoliosis which makes my whole rib cage uneven, and I thought this is the reason, but I never had that before, and 5 years ago when I was going through a divorce I lost so much weight and did not have a problem there, I was completly flat .
As I entered my 50's I have had a weight gain of 10lb per yer, and it all went in the center, mind you I am still a size 2 in pants.My PS said my old tummy tuck(1996) was bad and I needed a revision.I have to admit it looks better than it did July last year, but not enough to justify the pain and suffering. He offered to lipo for free, I will go in October. When I touch it, I do not feel a gap but I feel it may be some scar tissue or some hard fat sitting on the left center muscle right under my ribcage. You should see if yours is the same, scar tissue or fat.small women have funny way of arrangements in the belly, so its hard to tell. When I eat, I swell like a whale and 1 or 2 hours later it goes down.When I wake up in the morning with no food and look in the mirror this is what I see in the upper belly, right below the center( and then it continues flat from the navel down .I can tell the 2 muscles are together, but why are they creating this curve?(((. If I push it in, it goes in, and pops right out when released.I am 8 months post and have been doing abs and pilates for 3 months now.I gained back all the weight I lost due to the surgery but I feel it went in my butt. check my pictures from 5 months post and tell me what you think. I am going to try and take a photo in the morning from the left side and post it.
The point I am making is I wonder if because we are small framed, things do not look the same as for others after the procedure.
Hi Los Angeles 21 ,

If I stand up straight and touch my abdomen where I am complaining about it feels spongy (but as you said, pops in) but hard to tell the gap is there. One can really tell once they lay down and do a half sit up. Man, I was shocked as hell! I mean, even the ultrasound didnt pick it up. There are so many other reasons why bulges happen (besides the muscle re-seperation) It could for sure be scar tissue and/or fat hardening. I dont have any particular hard spots. Swelling after eating usually (not always) indicates food allergy but heck swelling is normal after this type of surgery. I dont think its because we are small framed though because I was never ever like this before (having my kids). I did see your pictures and I see the upper is a little bulgy. Could it maybe be you have a very slight speration (like literally one or two stitches that came undone)? It will make a huge difference even if its just a couple stiches that came loose or undone. But it could also be swelling because swelling could stay until even up to a year so pls dnt worry just yet. Did you get a scan done to check it out? Did you ask your PS what is causing the upper bulge?

I cant remember the last time I was on! Well I...

I cant remember the last time I was on! Well I just wanted to let you all know that I am booked on Monday Nov 21st for the endoscopic muscle repair (above BB). I went for the consultation several weeks ago. My preop is coming Monday the 14th Nov. Very excited and just want to get this done and over with. My sis in law and bro in law staying with me till February (they are from Fiji) so its perfect timing. Recovery is like 3 to 4 days off work but NO HEAVY LIFTING for 4 to 6 weeks as before. The TOTAL cost is $3,840. Hopefully, I wont develop a cough after surgery, which I did the first time around! Thank goodness I dont have to be cut open again ! He is going through my BB. Sucky thing is, I will need that tube :-( WISH ME LUCK EVERYONE. I will update after the procedure for sure! Hope you all are doing good! I still hate my back area (bra rolls) but decided to do nothing about it right now. I am doing tons of walking and trying to eat right. Nothing has helped though . . . but I feel great :-)

Hi Farz! I have been wondering how you were doing, and then I saw your update. I just had a revision 4 weeks ago myself. My muscle was fine, but I had scar tissue issues and also had to have some fat distribution via lipo. I did have to have my horizontal scar completely opened up again which sucked, but they were able to completely eliminate my vertical scar this time, so I guess it was worth it. I'm glad they will be able to fix yours without having to open your incision, and I wish you the best of luck. You will look fabulous. Can you believe we are still talking about all this almost a year later???? Geez!!!
Hey you! So you had a revisional, eh? How extremely happy you must be that there is no more horizontal scar! I was just curious, does the incision line heal slower than the first time around? To tell you the truth, I dont think I can go through this again if I had to do it this way LOL. You strong woman you! Thanks so much . . I need the luck LOL. No actually I feel pretty confident in this PS. Just crossing my fingers and toes that I dont get any kinda cough after this one and oh . . . no barfing LOL. PS said it was due to narcotics and he is gonna change some things so I dont feel like puking. Keep in touch. Lemme know how your doing. xoxo
Hi Farz, good to hear from you but not under the circumstances... I hope it all works out for you and it gets fixed. For the same reason, I went to see 3 Beverly Hills hot shot surgeons, and each has a different explanation why my stomach sticks out so much on top. I contracted H-Pylori in May and wqas treated in July with killer antibiotics, so that is not longer a possibility. One doctor said its an age issue and I just have to accept that at 53 I will not have the tummy of my 30's. One other famous doctor said its fat on the inside the is pushing my internals and that I need to loose 10 Lb and it will be gone. When I wake up, or when I suck my tummy in it looks very good, as I let it out normal the left side sticks out from under the breast till BB and my muscle is sewn good.Very frustrating now I am wide on top and so small on bottom,no waist. Please share your results with us and lets see if it solved the issue

My endo ab musscle repair was done yesterday. it...

My endo ab musscle repair was done yesterday. it was about a total of 2 hr drive as the PS is in Everett, WA and I am from Vancouver, BC. I was a bit nervous but right up to the time they wheeled my in to the O.R. my husband was with me and my nurse was great and made me laugh. It was done under GA and by the time I knew it I was waking up. I didnt feel nauseated and I did not vomit like I did in April when I had my full TT ! I walked right away and had to use the washroom. I was surprised I had a pain pump and the binder. MY PS saw me before I went home, which was an hour after waking up. He said I also had a upper hernia! That explains the pain I was getting. I have to see my PS in two weeks for stitch removal. I am not sure from where I guess from where he went through. . the BB. I am glad I didnt have to get re-opened again. I can remove the pain pump myself on Thurs and then on Fri I have to call my PS and he will instruct how to remove the drain. Oh BTW. . . the drain is super, super thin and I only have one. I had only taken 2 vidocaine (I think thats how you spell it)so far. It is a bit sore but more so when you get up and walk around. I almost kinda feel like hunching over while walking. I guess because the muscles are stretch a bit when you are staight up. I can sleep normally, just not on my tummy, of course. I have to record the blood from my drain twice a day and let PS know on Fri. Otherwise, my pain is about 2/10 and I feel a little tired. I had have a nap today and ate normally . . . but less than what I normally eat. I havent opened the binder to look at myself it. I think I will later this week, mabye on Thurs.

Well you have really been through it. Hoping this is it and you get the results you are hoping for. Glad they didn't have to reopen you. Good luck on your recovery and post some new pics when you can.
Farz! Thank you for posting an update! I was thinking about you having your revision and was hoping everything went well. Please get some rest & let us know how you are doing as you heal. I hope that you are so happy with your results & can rock your bikini this summer! Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is day 3 (counting the day I had the...

today is day 3 (counting the day I had the procedure) I feel pain is a little more . . . was up to 5 or even 6. Maybe I should take more med's. I still am a litle hunched while walking. I feel if I stand compeley straight, my muscles are stretching and I dont want to take any risks this time. My pain pump comes out tomorrow. PS gave us instructions and husband will be removing it. The hardest part is getting in and out of bed without trying to use those stomach muscles even though I roll over and push muself up with one arm. I feel some sharp pains when doing so. I keep thinking OMG I sure hope I didnt undo a stich again! the most hardest part is not being able to pick up my little ones.but they are always around me :-)

Farz, can you tell me what the removal of the back fat was like? How invasive was it and how much down time? Are you happy with the results?
I had it done under local IV sedation. I felt a few pokes here and there and then I fell asleep. I was laying on my back so I am wondering if my doc didnt even turn me over so he could properly lipo the back area. AFter the procedure, it felt like somebody punched you. I was very surprised the soreness only lasted a couple days. I am not happy at all with the results. It looked exactly the same. I am having it done possibly again with this doc in Everett that did my endo muscle repair.
Farz,
I am so glad that the surgery went well and you are home recovering! Wow, so you had an upper hernia? I bet it was from the coughing and vomiting after the first surgery... Do you think? I am glad you are up and walking around and able to eat... Seems like this surgery went really well for you... Are you anxious to open the binder and sneak a peak? I bet your tummy looks beautiful! Take it easy and have a quick recovery! Thinking of you!

6 days since endo muscle ab...

6 days since endo muscle ab repair:

Unfortunately, my bulge is still there. Right above belly button. I am sooooo pissed off that I have gone through this for no reason. I cried and still feel like crying.

Sorry I just read and saw your recent posts . I guess your pretty sick of it all and I can't say I blame you. I still hope things improve
For you but I'f I were you I'd be calling the ps and making sure its corrected . Your entitled to that ! Maybe you just need some time to take break from
It all for a while! I'm so sorry your going through this!
Did same dr who did first tt do the revision? That's bullshit! They need
To fix that ! By all means you look great and a
Huge improvement but you shouldn't be left a a bulge like that! Ugh I will pray that all goes well and improves .. Is it possible your just swelling from muscle repair??? I hope so.
Nothing been new to me.. Just the swelling almost 8 months... When does it stop

It has been about a year and three months since my...

It has been about a year and three months since my first tummy tuck and 8 months since my endoscopic abdominal muscle repair. My upper ab swelling/bulging is a lot better as you can see from my pic. I actually saw a GI specialist because I was having a lot of cramping, bloating and constipation (since my first surgery) and she diagnosed me of having IBS. I also had skin testing for allergies, which showed a ton of food allergies to include wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs and several more. I have pretty much avoided these foods for a few months now and started working out again (lost 10 lbs) and eating better i.e. no fried foods. I feel like I have more energy, my eczema has almost completely gone and NO MORE CONSTIPATION !! yay! My doctor says I will always have a slight bulge because it seems the doc tightened me a little more on the lower than the upper ab but I am sooo happy with the outcome and I am not getting that bloating feeling/cramping no longer. The only complaint is if I eat even a little too much I can slightly see the upper bulge. I was never like this before my surgery (I mean before my pregnancy) I am 104 lbs now and happy with the weight too. All in all, I am still very, very happy I went through the tummy tuck in the first place !

Thanks for posting your story! I am about 11 weeks post op and just noticed an upper buldge about 2 weeks ago! I'm so worried about it! I saw my ps and and he ruled out any seroma and said it's swelling. But especially after I eat it looks awful :( I don't know if I ruined the ab repair or if he didn't tighten it up enough? I'm so pissed and worried :( it feels like something is wrong though. Right above the bb.
Omg! You are scaring me! I have a bulge. I vomited & had a cough after sx. :/
Hey Brooklyn01, how are you doing ? Did you find anything out from your doc? It doesnt necessarily mean that something has gone wrong...it could be swelling for sure. I felt a bit of a "pop" and "crackle when I coughed at one point really hard. Hope everything is all good :-) My swelling has completely gone and I have no complaints now :-)
Dr. Robert Peers