I Have Silastic Cheek Implants(such a Disaster) - Vancouver, BC

I am 32 years old, I have in-mouth cheek implants...

I am 32 years old, I have in-mouth cheek implants 5 months ago. After cheek implants I have following problems:

• I can’t smile and laugh normally; when I smile I look like a chipmunk
• The corners of my mouth drooped (upper lip changes smaller)
• Implants are imbalance, right side is higher and bigger then left side.
• Implants are too big on my face
• The Naso- labial folds are obvious now. Marionette lines appear
• My gum around the area of two in mouth-section still numb
• When I move my mouth to left, the right side stitching part is pain and ache, when I move my mouth to right, the left side stitching part has same problem.

my doctor said I need to wait 6 months to see the final result. therefore I haven't removed it so far. Within this 5 months , I can't sleep and cry a lot.
I really want them out, but I am afraid my face will sagging and get 10 years older.
Can any one helps me with my questions:
1. If I remove my cheek implants will my damaging nerves and muscles recover?
2. If I remove my cheek implants, Can I get my normal smile back (no chipmunk any more)?
3. Because the muscles have separated with my cheek bone already, if I remove the implants, will my muscle reattach in the cheek bone like before?
Does any one have cheek implants removal experience? please help me.
God bless your kind heart, thank you!

Your face WILL sag, not matter how young you are or how short of a duration they were in for. I'm the same age and mine were only in 3 weeks. I look like my mom now and will need a facelift in the near future, only I don't have the time or money for this at the moment.
Hi - I didn't have the porex implants but the silicone ones, as I was advised that these are easier to remove and quicker for things to heal and settle down. From what I'm reading online...the skins elasticity does return but it takes some time as there can be a lot of sagging and extra skin from all the swelling. I'm hoping if I get them out that things go back to how they were. How long has it been since the removal?
I just wanted to update again on where I am now. I waited a year after my surgery to get revision done as the right implant was in a drastically different position to the left. IT took about a year for all the swelling to go down from the initial surgery. After discussing with the Surgeon he agreed to a revision where he would move the right implant into a better position to make it more symmetrical with the right. The revision didn’t really work…the implant still protrudes much more on the right side and looks like it is more on the side of my face compared to the left side. The surgeon said after that this is because the underlying bone structure is asymmetrical…but because my cheekbones were small before the surgery that the asymmetry was never noticeable before. This may be true, but I feel that a good surgeon should have spotted this - especially if doing a revision. He now suggests perhaps having a smaller implant on the right side and leave the left implant as it is. Or else he suggests taking them both out altogether. The only good thing about the revision was that the swelling was very minimal. I was shocked how little swelling there was actually – mainly because he prescribed very very strong anti-inflammatory drugs. The first time I had the surgery it took 9-12 months for the swelling to go down. This time about a month. I was so angry after the revision because he took the implant out and put it back in what looks like the exact same position, then told me after that there is nothing he can do…it’s the underlying bone structure and that I need a smaller implant on one side. I wish he spotted this during the revision and put in a smaller implant. But I suspect he didn’t have implants in his surgery as they need to be ordered. I’m not sure now whether to try a smaller implant and see…or just get them removed. If I take a picture and cut off the right side of my face…I’m very happy with how the left side turned out. But if the asymmetry can’t be fixed…then I’m taking them out. I’m very worried about taking them out as I’m worried my face will sag from all the trauma of three surgeries and loosening of the skin where the implants used to be. I’m scared that my skin will no longer attach to the bone. As it stands right now I regret having this done so much. It has completely ruined a year of my life (perhaps my whole life if this can’t be undone). However reading reviews of people who had them removed, they seem happy that things return to normal…so I’m hopeful. (I think the implants were malar as the surgeon suggested that submalar give a very unnatural look.) How are things progressing with you?

I will reveal doctor information, if my problems are permanent.