I'm over the Wall...- Now, it has been one year....Vancouver, BC

21 years of these awful implants -hard and painful...

21 years of these awful implants -hard and painful so after a health scare (mammagram showed a mass -ultimately, everything okay), I had them removed.

My PS indicated my CC was close to a 3. April 12 was the day. PS did not want to do a lift.

It was tough since apparently, the right implant had ruptured even though the mammagram said it was okay! I'm so happy they were removed since before any health issues, I was o embarrassed to hug people because of my hard implants.

It now has been 8 days. Must say, the second day was the worse for me but after that, things get so much better. Also, I thought I would be way flatter and even though I haven't gained any weight (pre-implants) my breast are no larger. The PS indicated it's very common to have breast change. Now, the fluff fairy may add a wee bit more, I will be happy.

18 days post explant and it has been an experience...

18 days post explant and it has been an experience. I'm getting stronger but still get tired in the evening. My breasts are healing; however, sometimes they just feel sore (especially at the incision). Also, notice, at times "pings" in breast -especially the left one which is strange since I have had most of the work done the right breast for removing scar built up.

Can sleep, at times, on my side but still aware of my breasts -quite sensitive still. Is this normal?

9 weeks since explant

Well, hard to believe it has been 9 weeks. I'm working out again and it feels great; though, the "jumping jacks"still make me feel tender.

So, when I first started out, my breast were quite "full", then, they seem to shrink ("noooooo....) but lately, I notice they seem to be gaining more fullness. In addition, my left was quite smaller now it seems to be "catching up". I don't know if they will shrink again. Is that it or will the "fluff fairy" make a visit?

My scars are healing nicely and in a slightly padded bra, I'm very comfortable and no one seems to notice my smaller size. I just wish I did the explant sooner. I love hugging -- who knew???

Even though things are going great, I do note that if I hit my breast by accident, still tender. Is this normal?

14 weeks and it's all good....

Well, as the title suggested, 14 weeks since explant and my only regret was that I didn't do this procedure sooner.

I am healing nicely. No longer need to wear 2 sports bra to work-out -no longer super-tender. Enjoying wearing t-shirts and tank tops. My "go-to" bra is the Genie bra -slight lift and slight padding. So comfortable.

I think some fluffing is happening? Not sure but no longer as obsessed. My left was much smaller for a while but it's catching up...

Anyone thinking of this surgery, it's so nice to exercise and hug without hard fake rocks.

Over the Wall 12 months later and loving it...

Well, it has been a year since I had these awful hard implants removed and it has been quite the year.

I have thrilled with my "new breasts". I love that I can hug my children and really really hug them - no hard beach balls in the wall. I love the softness of my natural breast and while I don't judge women with implants, I think they are so unattractive. Fake looking the way they jut out.

I didn't have a lift and I was so worried that after 21 years of implants, my breasts would be awful but they are quite perky in spite of what I have put them through. I don't have any visible scars (much to the surprise of my doctor) and my normal bra of choice is a Genie bra - gives some shape but still reflects "me". On the odd occasion where I want to "va-voom" it, I put on a push-up and it fills out very nicely.

This journey has been very interesting. My first pictures, my breasts, were, in hindsight, somewhat swollen because around the 6th week, I seem to have been shrinking ("nooooo) but I think then it filled out again. Any gals going through that "roller-coaster" of wondering what your breasts may look like, you do have to give it time.

In addition, before I had my implants, I was quite flat but after the removal, my breasts seem to have gotten bigger since they were not this size before the implants. Perhaps if any young women are thinking of implants, your breasts do change.

Thanks for this site. It really has provided so much information.