Day 6 PO

I am so comforted (and a little nervous) by...

I am so comforted (and a little nervous) by reading all of your personal experiences!
I am 42 and a mother of 3 beautiful daughters ages 10, 4 & almost 3. I am 5'2" and weighed in today at 102 lbs. My MM is scheduled for 10/2 and pre-op 9/24. I'm still a bit wishy washy about having the procedures done. I will be going in for BA, TT and lipo of my flanks and mons. I've always been comfortable with how I look but after having 3 babies my body of course, just hasn't been the same. I'm pretty petite. I've never really had boobs to begin with pre-op I am a very small A. I've tried on different sample sizes with my PS and surgical consultant, Diana. At first I wanted to be a full B but every consult I went to said I wouldn't be happy with the results. So I figured, if I was going to spend that amount of money why not go bigger (without looking too fake!) I'm wavering between 350-375 cc's silicone implants.

I have such mixed emotions right now. I'm nervous, excited, feeling guilty, etc. But like I said, I am so comforted by reading everyone's experience. I will update as much as I can. It's little difficult getting on the computer with 2 little ones running around the house! I probably won't post pictures until I get closer to my surgery date.

Thanks for all of your support out there! I really appreciate it! Rapid recovery to all!

Is this true? I was told that since I've already...

Is this true? I was told that since I've already had 3 c-sections recovery from the TT would be a breeze. That's one of my concerns since I won't have a lot of help. My pre-op is tomorrow and I'm STILL undecided whether I should go on with my surgeries.

Well today was my pre-op and I've confirmed my...

Well today was my pre-op and I've confirmed my surgery date for next Tuesday, October 2nd. I was sooo undecided up until today that when I spoke to the surgical counselor to confirm my date I cried. I had the same mixed feelings many of you had or have been having from the finances, leaving my DH with all the responsibility of cooking, cleaning and running our girls from school to dance and what have you! But I'm excited. I'm doing this for myself, right? I'll have my pre pregnancy tummy back and a new rack!
Anyway, after my pre-op we (my DH came to the appt. with me) went to Walmart to pick up all my RX. Geez, I was prescribed like 6 meds: percocet for pain, valium for anxiety, zofran for nausea, clindamycin and doxycyline for antibiotics & a patch I'm suppose to put behind my ear to help with more nausea. I also picked up the Hibiclens, Dulcolax tablets, Colace & Probiotics. Is there anything else I should have picked up? It was recommended by my PS to get hydrogen peroxide, Cortaid, distilled water & Aquaphor. All for cleaning my incision. He also advised to take a 1/2 percocet to see how I react to it since I'm so petite. I took it about and hour and a half ago and I think it's starting to take effect. The room is starting feel like it's spinning! I have a good feeling that it'll be a fairly quick recovery. Let's hope so! Please pray for me as I will do the same for all of you! Happy healing!
I'll try to post pix soon.

I'll be leaving for my surgery in about 20 mins,...

I'll be leaving for my surgery in about 20 mins, ladies. Please wish me luck! See you on the flat side! Oh and I'll keep you posted as much as I can. DH took pre-op photos last night that I'll post later. Thank you!

Wow! I did it! Woke up at 6:30 this morning cua I...

Wow! I did it! Woke up at 6:30 this morning cua I forgot to shut off my alarm clock. So far so good though. My DH gave meds. Boy do I love that Percocet! Had to get out of bed to go pee. Can I say OUCH! And it does feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Overall I think I'm ok. Yeah, I'm on the flat side!

Today I went to my PO appt. Nothing special. They...

Today I went to my PO appt. Nothing special. They just cleaned me up and put new dressings. PS said I was able to take off my CG whenever I had to use the bathroom which is relief cuz those bulbs are a pain! That's it for now feeling a little sleepy again. Posting pix now. Happy healing ladies!

Quick update, went to see my PS for another PO...

Quick update, went to see my PS for another PO appt. I was hoping for a quick and easy recovery and think it's happening! It's going great, actually. Got my 2nd drain removed today. Yay, not more drains! PS says BA looks great, just need to keep massaging the boobs. The way he did it sure was painful! He says BB is healing great, and TT incision looks great too! Looks like I'm on the happy road to healing! Of course, I'm still on my meds. Hang in there, ladies! Happy healing!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

your goin to look great once the swellin goes downi just got tt wish i got boob lift but hate the dog ears
Ah yes. The elephant. I know him well. I think he sat on my chest for about a week. His brother was sitting on my stomach. Try to keep taking those deep breaths.
Thank you, CLT! I really didn't have too much of a battle with constipation, thank goodness! It was recommended I start something like Benefiber or Metamucil 5 days pre op. I also took the stool softener. But what really did it for me was the suggested Dulcolax by my PS. Excuse me it might be TMI but I think I had 4 BM's that day. That's stuff worked!
My PS gave me one of those breathing apparatus' with a tube and there's a ball at the end in a cup you have make move up by inhaling. It's suppose to help with pneumonia. I'm suppose to breathe through that 4 times a day.
I'm glad things are going well. For me the Milk of Magnesium (MOM) with the stool softners was a blessing while I was taking the pain killers. Otherwise, the constipation hell sets in quickly. You are looking really good. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Went to see my PS today since my left drain only put out about 5ml over the last 24 hrs. He was able to take it out. Yeah! One less drain. He also said I can only stand or lay on my back and not to pressure on the TT incision. That's it for now just really quick updates. My PS instructed my DH in inject me with Lovenox which is a blood thinner. Boy did that sucker burn. He's given me 3 three out of 5 doses. PS he didn't have to continue anymore. So happy for that! Another thing, when they were removing one of my drains they had to inject the area with something like lidocaine or something. That sucker stung/burned too! Happy healing ladies!
Welcome to the flat side!
All the Best!
Hi 42Mommyof3 - My surgery is done! I'm 4 days post-op. Your's is coming soon. Soon you'll be joining me on the flat side. Yay! It looks like you got everything as far as meds and a good guy to help you through the days following surgery. The good news is is that on your post op day 4, most feel at least 80% back to normal. Not as much pain almost anywhere except for the back due to the bending over. Ok.. enjoy the rest of the weekend. Good luck!
Your date is coming up soon! Thinking of you, it will be over before you know it! Then just rest and heal.....
Good luck Tuesday, I'm right behind you on the 10th!
Thank you! Good luck to you too. I just read your update from 9/14 and I too, recently had my first mammogram. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a lot of tissue so talk about squish! Man, that hurt!
Thanks! That's exactly what I printed!
You're a tiny little thing. Twins momma is right, your gonna look HOT! Guilty, vain, selfish...etc, I'm sure everyone on here feels that way, I know I do. I think it's because we are Mothers, we always put others first before ourselves (especially for our kids), gosh I always feel guilty if I'm shopping for myself, I always (subconciously) end up buying them something too. But we deserve to be happy too, this is what will make me happy so for once in my life, I'm gonna splurge, so instead of buying a new dress, I'm buying a new body...lol..same thing right, technically, I am wearing it.
Make sure you write down a list of questions when you go in for pre op. good luck and keep us posted.
Couldn't agree with you more, NonFatHzlntLatte! My husbands says,"you don't have expensive clothes, shoes, handbags or sunglasses." This will make up for all that. I will definitely be writing the questions. Thank you for your support!

Thank you for starting your story with us! This is a fraught time and your emotions are all normal. If you haven't already, check out JenBob's post about what she wishes she knew before a mommy makeover. It's full of great info!

Thanks for the encouragement, twinsmomma! I see your surgery is coming up in a couple of weeks. I look forward to hearing about your results and recovery. Good Luck!
I completely understand the mixed emotions that come along with this choice, but i am working past the guilt.
You will have such beautiful results with your size! Keep up the positives :)