These reviews have been so helpful for me that...

These reviews have been so helpful for me that I've decided to jump in and make my own. I'm a 28 year old mother of two. I am 5'2, 123 lbs, and I wear a 34 D bra. After pregnancy and nursing my boys for 2 years each, my breasts are very saggy and deflated. They've never really been perky, and I'm so ready to get the lift I need to pull them up and make them look more youthful. I feel like a grandmother and I'm not even 30 years old yet!
I had my consultation with my PS a couple of weeks ago. He said that I'll need an anchor lift with implants to achieve the look that I'm going for. I really was hoping that I'd get away with a lollipop lift, but I trust that he wouldn't give me more incisions than necessary. I want the best results possible, so I'm willing to deal with the scars. I do hope that the scars will fade and not be so noticeable after a few months. I'm hopeful that I'll get good results after seeing some very good results on here.
My surgery isn't until early June and I'm so anxious to get it over with already. I'm waiting for family to be able to be around to help though. My two year old is quite the handful, so I need as much help as I can get. I want to be able to hide out and recover without over exerting myself.
The PS suggested 250-350 ccs for my implant. That seems huge since I already have large breasts. I trust him though and know that he'll give me good results. I'm interested to hear about other stories from those who have gotten a breast lift with implants!
Just had full anchor with 400cc silicone 8 days ago. I was a 34C with zero volume. All skin that hung. I wanted to go bigger but with the amount of lift needed, Dr said too big an implant would prob make me saggy. If not immediately, in time. Still I wish I was a little bigger. I wanted 425-450. Best thing is to show Dr pics of what you would like to achieve. And then be firm that you want as close to that as his skill and nature of your breast allows. One note... I was TERRIFIED! About everything. But it was so much easier than I could have hoped. I was never in pain.... Took my meds. Had help from my mom... You will def need some help with a toddler! But take it from someone who can attest to pure fear of the entire thing..... It was great, I have no regrets (not even the scars--I'll baby them as best I can) and I should've done it way before now (40) Good luck!
I'm so glad that you aren't in pain and that you're recovering nicely! Do you like the look of your new breasts?
gosh...my completely saggy empty volume before breasts were so bad....I just let fear get the best of me and I kept putting this surgery off. I don't want to say I regret not doing it sooner...we all have to do this major event in our own time. I love the new lifted breasts so far. Yes, there are incisions that need a lot of time to heal...but ultimately, the scars will fade and I will feel like I have a perky volume and shape that I am extremely happy with. Your white t shirt pic looks very similar to how I used to look...you just look bigger than my befores. But I prob had more sag than you.....I'm not sure how I feel about posting pics on the site...but I'd share with you in private. Not sure how to do it...this is my first time ever posting on here today.

Less than 3 months left!

I emailed my surgeon's assistant yesterday because I have a few questions. My pre-OP appointment isn't until 5 days before my surgery. I've seen lots of people post about certain do's and dont's that are important for the 2 weeks prior to surgery. If my appointment isn't until 5 days before the surgery, then I probably should at least be emailed a list of what to do and what to avoid. I'm also wondering when my post-OP appointments will be. Hopefully his assistant will email me back soon. I wanted to post a few "before" swim suit pictures, so I'll do that now.

Heard back from the assistant

I hadn't gotten a reply from Amanda, Dr Hu's assistant so I sent her a text just making sure that she got the email. (She had given me her cell number and said to call or text anytime if I ever needed anything.) She hadn't seen the email and was very quick to answer my questions. I feel better knowing that I can text her and get a reply ASAP.

Help with necessities

I would love some help with pre and post op essentials. I have been reading lots of other reviews and it seems like most people go ahead and buy a sports bra to wear after surgery. My PS will supply a medical bra, but I would like to have another option so that I won't be stuck in only one bra for a few weeks. I know that it needs to be front closure. I've heard good things about the Under Armour zip front bra, but it's $50 and I'd rather not buy that unless it really is amazing. Also, I don't usually take a multivitamin, but I just read about someone not being able to have their surgery because their blood work showed that they were anemic. I definitely don't want to have to cancel my surgery for something like that, so I want to start a vitamin now. I am having a hard time finding a multivitamin that doesn't contain vitamin E. Does anyone know of a good brand? I would love to hear about any other items that you found to be helpful.
Hey bae, just had a full anchor lift ten days ago and I'm doing great thank The Lord . She's right, the danskin bra is comfy , I have one too . I wld say make sure you have lots of pillows bc sleeping the first week and a half is a *B*. Two weeks bf surgery, I started taking spring valley calcium, magnesium , and zinc with vitamin D3, spring valley sublingual B12 microlozengers, and spring valley vitamin A. I didn't take them the first few days after surgery bc with the fiber stool softners pain pill ibuprofen , it was too much. But now I wish I wld have bc this is an awesome combo , they make u heal super quick. I cook a lot so I burn myself and always knicking up my hands, and two days and it's just about healed. Seriously. Oh and that magnesium is not the one listed not to take bf surgery. I checked it out. I have a heating pad for my back bc sleeping was killing it. Oh and I have foaming dial antibacterial soap to wash my boobs with , it's the only thing I wash them with , and I wash them last incase shampoo from my hair or any bodywash gets on them. Hope this helps you bae.
Thanks so much for all of the tips! I'll be sure to check out all of the stuff you listed. I will be moving our recliner into my bedroom and sleeping in that for the first little bit. I do have a heating pad that I'll probably end up needing for my back. Congrats on your new "twins"! :) Happy healing!
Hi, I bought a couple of front zip closure sports bras off amazon. They were like 18 bucks each and made out of cotton. I had my surgery 2 days ago and my doc said I could switch over to those if I wanted. I had bought the bras in a 36 DD. They were very uncomfortable so I ended up running to Walmart after the fact for something that was cheap and not suffocating. I would say buy big, especially because of the swelling. I didn't want to spend a lot on bras that won't be permenant so I grabbed two front zip Danskin brand for 13 bucks each. There will be plenty of time to be cute later!

Before in clothing

My goal for my surgery is for my breasts to look great naked, but I really don't want to change the size too much. I already have late enough breasts and sometimes I worry that after the surgery that people will be able to glance at me and know that I got a "boob job". I don't know why that bothers me so much, but I just don't feel like its something every person I come into contact with needs to know about. I wanted to have some "before" pictures with clothes on so I can compare and see how different I look in clothing afterward. The bra I'm wearing is just a lined bra with underwire. I don't ever wear push up bras or bras with padding.
You will love your new boobies!!! I am 6 days post op and it's the best decision I've made. This was for ME since I breast fed 2 babies!!! Those suits and shirts will look amazing. My tips, rest as much as you can. Drink a ton of water the week of surgery...I didn't and the nurse said I was dehydrated when she put my IV in. I bought front close bras at Walmart since I knew I wouldn't keep them after. Only $10!!! Can't wait to see your afters!
Thanks for the tips and the encouragement. I'll try to remember to drink as much water as I can. It will be summer, so I'll definitely need the fluids. My breasts put in their time feeding my babies and now it's time for them to finally look nice.
You will look great!!! Congrats on your decision!!!

Stretch marks

I have a question for those who had stretch marks before surgery. Did the surgery change the stretch marks at all? I know I've heard that some ladies who get implants are at risk of getting stretch marks due to skin stretching. I am planning on gettin a small implant, but my skin is thin and already has some faded stretch marks. I'm wondering what they will look like after the lift/implants. Can you tell I'm getting anxious to get this over with? ;)
How are u doing? Getting excited!!
Hi. I've been insanely busy lately. My sister got married this past weekend. And with Easter and traveling, I haven't had much time to think about surgery. It's creeping up on me though. It's just over a month away now! How are you feeling?
Thank you im good. Opening drawers that are full still feels weird. You never realise how much u use the muscles in ur boobs. Lol. The time bf ur surgery will creep but after it will fly. Dont worry urself much no, its not a " knock u on ur ass " type of surgery;'}

It's getting closer!

I've got just over a month until my surgery date. I am trying to stay busy to keep from going crazy. I got a couple of new zip front sports bras today. I had planned on getting a $50 Under Armour bra, but I've read a few good reviews on Danskin bras from Walmart. I figured I might as well try them out and save some money. I'm shocked about the size though. I tried them on over my bra to try to accommodate for swelling. I needed a 2XL and a 38 D. They were snug, so hopefully they will stretch and be comfortable enough after surgery.

Anyone else allergic to codeine?

I keep seeing that most women are prescribed Percocet for after their surgery. I was prescribed Percocet after I had my wisdom teeth out, and while it helped with the pain, it made me incredibly itchy. I called my doctor after only taking one dose of it because I couldn't take the itching. He said to assume I have a codeine allergy and to stay away from it. I'm starting to get a little worried about my pain management options for after my surgery. Of course I will talk to my PS about this at my pre-OP, but that won't be until the end of May. I'm hoping someone else has been in my position and will be able to help me out! I'm picturing myself being stuck with just extra strength Tylenol after my surgery. I really hope there's a better option!
You may be able to tolerate Norco over Percocet, however, itching is a common side effect from narcotic pain medications. It's nice to see I'm not the only 28 yr mod having this procedure done. Friends and family keep saying I'm too young and crazy!
I didn't realize itching was such a common side effect. I wonder why my previous doctor was so quick to say I had an allergy to codeine. Sorry you've had people question your decision to get the surgery. So far I've only told a few close friends and family members, but I've only gotten support and understanding. (Although some do question my decision to get implants with the lift since I'm already a D cup.
Everyone is supportive once I explain why I'm doing it. I just wish I didn't have to go into the speech about having droopy nipples and loss of breast mass. People are so judgmental.

One month from today!

I've been waiting for this surgery for so long, it's hard to believe that it's only a month away. I am getting really anxious to get it over with, but I'm trying to focus on preparing for the surgery to keep me busy. I will be doing lots of cleaning, shopping and meal planning when it gets a little closer. For now I am trying to prepare for the recovery. I have been trying to find an affordable short sleeve zip front top. I saw that some people buy Juicy brand short sleeve zip hoodies, but there's no way I'm spending $80+ for something that isn't really my style anyway. I found some short sleeve zip hoodies on the Macy's website. They are $21.98 each, and sometimes there are sales to bring the price down even more. So I'm going to go to Macy's when I can to pick one up. The brand is Style & Co and they come in black, pink, and white. I thought I'd share for the other ladies who will be getting surgeries this summer.
Hang in there Angel, it's getting close. The lil zip fit is cute, I love pink;)
Thanks! I still need to get to Macy's to pick one up. I hope I can find them in store, because shipping is $9!
I loved reading your review...and your helpful tips. Here is a RealSelf list of helpful recovery supplies you may want check out. Also, you can be the first contributor to the June 2014 Breast Lift Forum. This Forum will eventually get quite busy. Feel free to share this with other women you meet who are having their surgery in June as it's another way to get great support, especially during your recovery.

Tan lines

As you can see from my pictures, I have a terrible "farmer's tan". I always wear modest tops, so my chest and shoulders are so white. My arms are getting pretty dark now that summer is approaching. How do I get rid of this farmers tan? My husband suggested a spray tan, but I'm not sure if that would even help. Maybe a self tanner on the white areas first? If you have a self tanner that you love, please let me know which one it is and any tips or tricks would be helpful! If I'm getting new boobs, then I want to feel confident at the pool later this summer! I don't want weird tan lines making me uncomfortable. Also, I ordered a new swimsuit and can't wait to have the boobs to go with it. ;)
Tanning bed would be okay for now and using a bronzing lotion on the lighter areas of skin. My surgeon recommended to stop tanning two weeks prior to surgery. I bought St Ives Collagen Elastin lotion and have been layering it on my breasts daily after a shower for the weeks up to surgery. Well hydrated skin heals better. You had mentioned your stretch marks on your breast that were faded. I have those too. I noticed them a lot when I was sagging but my implants appear to have smoothed them out. There is still a difference in skin texture that will never go away but if you look close at my pics you can't even notice them.
Thanks for all the tips and info. I've never tried a tanning bed before. I'm paranoid about skin cancer...but rarely use sunscreen and I spend a lot of time outside. I'm glad to hear that your stretch marks aren't noticeable right now. Hopefully as your breasts soften the stretch marks will still be less noticeable.
Maybe try getting some tank tops are colored muscle shirts. I love walmart a they are $3 & $5 . Not sure on the self tanner. I quit tanning a few months bf surgery bc I was afraid my incisions wld stay dark if I was tan. But I use the indoor outdoor tanning lotion from walmart. It's really dark so it gives instant color , it smells good , and it has silicone so it's really moisturizing. The big bottle is $8;-)

Scar sheets

I want to get some silicone scar sheets for after my surgery. I did a search on Amazon and found the Scar Away sheets that I've seen lots of ladies on here using. I'm not sure how practical those would be for an anchor lift though. There were silicone scar sheets specifically for anchor breast lifts and I'm wondering if any of you lovely ladies have tried them. If not, what type of scar treatment are you using?
Hey Angel, I'm using scar guard. My ps and his nurse recommended it. It comes clear in a bottle just like nail polish and you paint it on with the little brush. It dries in less than a min and it peels off over the course of the day or night. I apply twice a day. I got it for $20 on ebay with free shipping. Hope this helps;)
Thanks! I'll look it up! :)
Oh I forgot to tell you that you can only use it on raised scars. Raised scars are caused from collagen buildup. I only put it around my nips and a few places on the under incision;)

Second thoughts on implants

The last couple of days I have had some serious second thoughts on getting implants with my lift. I feel like they add so many extra possible complications and of course the surgery would be a lot less expensive if I decided to just get the lift. I had been so confident with my decision, so I don't know what's going on. My surgery is just over 2 weeks away, so maybe it's just finally sinking in that this is actually happening. Has anyone changed their mind 2 weeks before their surgery? I am going to look at some reviews of just lifts and see how I feel.
Stretch marks will look way less noticeable after surgery girl. My friend was like" wow ,you can barely see them "
Great news! Thanks! :)
Hey girl, how are you feeling about ur surgery? Only ten days now!! Super exciting I know. Have you decided wether ur just doing the lift or getting implants too? Are you wanting them to have some size or just high on ur chest? Just curious....

Only one more week!

I'm one week away from saying goodbye to these old lady boobs. I have my pre-op tomorrow and then surgery next week! In case you didn't see in the comments, I've decided to stick with my original decision and go ahead with the plan to get small implants with my lift.
I am finally adding some nude befores because the pictures that others have shared have been so helpful to me. Just taking those pictures was so painful. :( I am so ready to feel my age when I look in the mirror. I've felt like I've ha old lady boobs since I was in my early 20's!
I'm getting a little nervous for my pre-op tomorrow. I have tons of questions to ask, so hopefully the surgery coordinator will be ready for them. ;)
I have read a few people talking about Coobie bras, so I finally looked them up last night. I found a buy one get one free promo code on retailmenot. I got a white scoop neck one with a pink polka dot band and a hot pink one with lace.
Any advice for the last week before surgery or questions to ask at my pre-op would be great! Thanks ladies!
Our boobs are so similar, so I will be looking forward to your updates. Today I bought some lingerie and took before pics. I plan on posting them in a couple months, along with the after pics. That's going to fun to see the difference.

A few more wish pics

I'm trying to look at some pictures today to make sure I'm prepared for my pre-op tomorrow. This is the look that I am hoping for.

Had my pre-op

I went to my pre-op this afternoon and surgery is in less than a week! I thoughts would feel really nervous and anxious after today, but I actually feel really calm and confident. I didn't actually see Dr. Hu today. I met with Amanda the surgery coordinator. She was really helpful and kept reassuring me that she was going to be in the surgery with my PS and that she would make sure he knew exactly what I said about what look I want. At this point she said that she will bring in both high profile and moderate profile implants starting at around 230ccs and up to 375ccs. She knows that I am worried about being too big and said that she trusts that the doctor will do exactly what I want and that I'll be very happy with the results. She also said not to worry about the HP being too high since my starting point is different than the ladies with small breasts who are just getting implants. She said realistically I couldn't get that super high look with a small implant anyway. I would have to get a big implant and they won't even have any of those with them in the surgery center. This eased my fears a ton since my main concern is waking up with giant boobs that are up to my chin.
I asked about post-op care for the incisions and she said that I'll have dissolvable sutures and steri-strips. The steri-strips will stay on until my one week post-op appoitment and they'll take them off for me. I asked when I can shower post op and she said not for a WEEK! This is honestly one of the scariest things I heard today concerning the surgery. I am OCD about cleanliness and grooming habits. I know that sponge baths are okay, but I am going to feel so icky. :( I really hope that sponge baths and washing my hair in the sink won't be too horrible. I already told my husband that I might need him to take me to the salon sometime that week so I can get my hair washed and blown out. Has anyone else had to wait a whole week to shower?
I'm the type to always have my nails done, and I asked her about the no nail polish rule. She said they are strict about no deodorant, lotion, make up etc. She said I can do whatever I want to my nails though. I'm happy about that.
I also asked her whether or not I would have a tube in my throat for the surgery and she said yes. I'm a little concerned about having a sore throat after, but I will pack throat lozenges for the hotel stay. The surgery center is an hour and a half away from where I live, so my husband and I are staying at a hotel a few miles from there for the first night. My sister will be staying with my kids. I'm so thankful that I'll get some peace and quiet that first night.
Hey doll! How exciting. Not too much longer now. Sounds like your mind has slot going on. Try not to worry. I know how you feel I was the same way with a million unanswered questions. I was able to shower after 24 hours but I know some doctors are different. I also did not have a sore throat at all. I didn't even notice I had anything down there lol.
I'm glad to know that the tube didn't cause you any discomfort! Thank you for the encouragement.

Picked up my prescriptions

I did not anticipate having such a hard time with getting my prescriptions filled. My PS prescribed Zorfran for nausea, Keflex which is an antibiotic, and Percocet for pain. I spent 4 and a half hours of my day today trying to get those filled! The first two pharmacies didn't carry Percocet and finally I found one that could fill it, but it's about 45 minutes away from my house. I drove over there and then they said it would be an hour and a half wait. I would have been fine to go home and come back later if it wasn't such a long drive. I had my 2 year old with me, so I went to the mall to have him play in the play area. The pharmacy took close to 2 hours to fill them. The good news is that my insurance covered them and I only paid $12 total. That was a nice surprise after dealing with all of the driving around and trying to keep my toddler busy for so long.
If you read one of my previous updates, I had been told by a different doctor that I'm allergic to codiene and not to take Percocet again. I talked to my PS about the itching that I experienced on Percocet before and he still felt okay prescribing Percocet. He said I can take Benadryl with the Percocet if I start getting too itchy. I double checked with the pharmacist and she said the Benadryl will be fine to take and should help with the itching. She did say that I will be very sleepy and to only take it if I'm going to be able to sleep for awhile after. Hopefully I will get off of the Percocet after a few days anyway. Hopefully some of this information will help you ladies who are still waiting for your big day. Only a few more days for me! :)

Coobie bras

I got my Coobie bras in the mail today. I got them with a BOGO deal that I found online. Hopefully these will fit well and look nice when I'm ready to stop wearing my medical bra/zip front sports bras.
Sending good thoughts for tomorrow! I still have 23 days to go. So envious that yours is tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing your recovery updates.
Thank you! I'm staying crazy busy tody prepping for family to come in town, so thankfully the day is going by very quickly.

It's finally here!

My surgery starts in less than two hours! I'm feeling good so far this morning. I got up at 5am, showered with Dial antibacterial body wash and then blow dried my hair. I can't wear any makeup, jewelry, lotion, deodorant etc today so it didn't take long to get ready. I had to start fasting at midnight so I haven't had anything to eat or drink. I am feeling slightly nauseated, but I think it's nerves and the fact that my stomach is empty.
I will update as soon as I'm able to after surgery. Wish me luck ladies!
Good luck and speedy recovery!!!
The day has arrived! I'm sending you positive healing vibes :)

I have boobs!

Thank you for the kind words, ladies! I am all done and settling into the hotel. I am in way more pain than I thought I would be in. They gave me 2 Percocets before I left and I feel a burning, searing pain. I vomited in the car on the way to the hotel. When hubby was helping me into the hotel bed, I put one arm down to help scoot myself into bed and I screamed out in pain and sobbed for a few minutes. That was a bad, bad idea. I just didn't even think about it, probably because of the meds and just getting out of general anesthesia. I'm starting to ice as soon and hubby gets the ice packs ready. I'll post more later. Oh, and I got a full anchor lift with 350 ccs HP silicone implants under the muscle.

Oops!

My husband just said it was 325ccs. I'm still pretty out of it.
Hi hun, how are you feeling today? Hopefully better than yesterday!
Hi. Thanks for checking in. I feel much better today. I am mostly feeling lots of pressure and tightness. I am not throwing up any more and I can walk around a little without help. I'm very light headed though and am having a hard time staying awake. I had my post-op appointment earlier and I'll update when my mind doesn't feel so foggy.
Congratulations and I hope your recovery phase will go by as quickly as possible! Your pic looks great! Keep us updated!

Feeling better today

I am happy to report that I am feeling way better today than I did yesterday. I can move around a little on my own and I can move my arms more than I could yesterday. My chest muscles feel like they're constantly flexed and can't relax. I'm not sure why my PS didn't prescribe a muscle relaxer, because that would probably help a lot.
I had my first post-op appointment earlier today. It was just a very quick check up to make sure that everything is okay so far. He took off the bra, and that was the first time I got to see my new girls. They are really high and tight and swollen right now, but they are a good shape and I am very pleased.
Lovely results. Perfect size!
Thank you! I feel like they're huge right now, but I'm sure once the swelling goes down I'll love them.
Girl they are perfect on you!! You have a really nice body too;•}

So swollen

I am experiencing less pain, but I am having a lot of pressure and discomfort. I feel like my breasts are so full that they are just going to explode any minute now.
I have spent most of my time in my recliner since I got home yesterday. It's comfortable and easy to get in and out of. My neck and back are starting to get sore though. I bought a neck pillow and was using it last night. I'm not sure if it was helping or not. I have still been icing on and off and that does help a lot.
Great cleavage. What profile did you end up with?

Out of pain killers

My husband has been the one getting my pills for me, and I just realized that I only have two Percocets left. I guess I'm switching to Tylenol sooner than I had planned. I just took 2 Extra Strength Tylenols and the bottle says to take 2 every 6 hours. I had been taking 1-2 Percocets every 3-4 hours. I hope that my pain doesn't get out of control now. For those who have had their surgery already, how soon did you switch to Tylenol and what was your dosage?
I had Valium and Norco. Valium every 8 hrs for a week and Norco 1-2 every 4 hrs. I really only needed 2 tablets by the end of the day. I switched to 500mg Tylenol every 4 hrs on day four maybe. Even then I still needed a Norco at some point in the day for about a week post op. I was also popping Benadryl to ease the itching from the Norco.
My only prescriptions were Percocet, Zofran and an antibiotic. I was only given 25 Percocet, and when you're taking 1-2 every few hours they go quickly. I'm thinking of asking my PS for a refill, but I want to see how I do on just Tylenol first.
It's worth a try but if you can't handle it don't hesitate to call. Percocet wouldn't be able to be called into a pharmacy for a refill. Someone would have to pick the prescription up and fill it for you. Your PS may drop you down to something like Norco. Your pain should be subsiding some soon. I remember the tightness and fullness bothering me the most. It was so hard to move my shoulders and felt difficult to breath at times. My PS gave me Valium 2mg. It was just enough to take the muscle tightness away. If you can't get a refill of pain medication see if you can get a muscle relaxer instead. Sorry you still feel so uncomfortable, it gets better just give it a couple more days.

I'm at the "depressed" stage

I was really hoping to avoid the regret and depression stage, but I'm starting to wonder why I put myself and my family through all of this. I am still in a lot of pain and can hardly get downstairs to spend time with my family. I know my boys are having a hard time with me spending so much time away from them, and I know that it's hard for my husband to take care of them and make sure that I have what I need too. I am a very independent person and I hate not being able to take care of myself. I haven't even felt up for having a proper sponge bath yet. MY PS doesn't want me to shower until Thursday, so I'm sure that's contributing to my discouragement. Did anyone have to wash your hair in a sink after surgery? I feel like any position would be painful, so my hair hasnt been washed since Thursday morning before surgery. I could really use some encouragement today.
I bought some dry shampoo to get me through the first couple days! I'm the type to wash my hair everyday and just the though of it makes me head itch!! if the dry shampoo isn't enough then I'll def have the hubby wash and brush my hair
I used some dry shampoo yesterday and it didn't help at all. My sister things I didn't use enough and said that I need to really spray it on thick. So I might try that next time. But tomorrow I'm hoping to be up to having hubby wash my hair.
I am definitely going to have my husband wash my hair in the sink, because I have oily skin and I just cant go more than a day and half without shampoo. About your pain... are you keeping up on your pain meds? My doctor gave me a written schedule to follow, every 3 and half hours I get a pain pill. He said to set an alarm to make sure I get it on time.

Itching

My incision sites are starting to get really itchy. I've read that itching is actually a good sign because that means they're starting to heal. I wish I could take the strips off though and see what's going on under them. I was looking in the mirror last night and noticed some bruising on the underside of my left breast. My left arm is the one that I used to support myself the first day and felt so much pain right away. I wonder if the bruising could be from that. It seriously felt like I had pulled something when I put my weight on my arm. I don't see my PS again until Friday afternoon, so I'll see how the bruising looks then.
Not much else to report this morning other than the fact that I'm tired of being in the recliner. I spend 99% of my day and night either in my recliner upstairs or in one downstairs. I might attempt to go on a walk today, but it's going to be over 100 degrees so that may not work. I am just getting stir crazy and so stiff and uncomfortable from sitting in the same position all the time. I hope everyone else is doing well.
The engorged swelling lasted a few weeks but as soon as you are cleared to start massaging, it helps. The more ur going to massage them the softer they get. They will rock up for a few weeks tho. Bf careful with ur arms however any time you move them too quickly it does feel like a burning sensation like you ripped something but it just pulls the line of stitches so don't worry about it too much. As far as the itching , I'm almost three months and mine still itch, not as bad but they do and I still get zings so even mine are still healing. I've been swimming with the kids a lot and doing cardio with rist weights and my actual boob muscle above the implants are sore. I woke up in the middle of the night bf my right boob felt huge. It was normal tho. I think you shld have been taking ibuprofen with half a painpill. Try switching up ibuprofen and Tylenol . The ibu helps a lot with the swelling;•}

All clean!

I finally washed up and then had my husband wash my hair. I feel so much better now. I know I was worried about logistics, so I'll share what I did in case it might help someone else. I bought some disposable wash cloths that came with soap already in them. I'm not allowed to get my steri-strips wet, so I kept my bra on and stood in the shower. We have a detachable shower head and my husband got that down for me and got the water ready. I used the shower head to wet my lower body and used the wash cloth to clean everything below my bra. Then I rinsed off and put the shower head down. I used the wash cloth for my arms and underarms. Then rinsed it out really well and used the rinsed out washcloth to rinse off my arms and underarms. Then I washed my face with my normal face wash being extra careful not to let water run down onto my bra. I got out and dried off and then my husband had my kneel on a towel next to the tub and lean my head into the tub for him to wash it. I had a towel wrapped around me and it's good that I did because it got soaked. I'm nice and clean now and feel so much better. I wish I would have forced myself to do this sooner.
Congratulations Hopeful! You look great! Glad to hear you feel better today too! You're almost over the worst of the recovery.
Thank you! I walked to the mail box today and sat outside and watched my boys play in the yard. I think I just needed to get out of the recliner and be a normal person again.
I wish I could take ibuprofen, but my PS said no ibuprofen until 2 weeks after the surgery. That's crazy that yours still itch sometimes though! Yikes! It's such an annoying feeling.

Played a little dress up today.

I spent the morning with my family and then I took a long nap. I felt pretty good so I decided to play a little dress up.
Thanks for sharing your journey you look great. Try to take it easy and not do too much :)
Thank you! I over did it today and I'm regretting it big time. I'm taking it easy until my next appointment on Friday.
That is not showing too much!' You look amazing and fill them out really nicely. Enjoy urself sweety and stop worrying bc you look great and respectful too;•}

So much better

I switched to a Coobie bra to wear to bed tonight and it is a million times more comfortable than the medical bra. I will still wear the medical bra during the day, but it is so tight on my lower incisions that it was making me crazy. The Coobie sits a little lower and doesn't rub on my incisions as much.
That's great I'm glad you have coobies. That's about all I wear now and all my hubby likes me too. I'm always trying to look for pretty bras and he's like y u want that wear those soft things. Lol . Anyway ur incisions shld heal up pretty quick, if it keeps bothering you try lining them with panty liners. It worked for me;•}
looking great. sorry to hear you had such a rough first day. I am having the 2nd stage of my surgery on Thursday, and cant wait to look as good as yours. I had implants first and now going for the lift.
Thanks! I am so happy so far. I can't imagine going through two recoveries, this has been tough! I hope that your surgery goes well and that the recovery is a breeze! :)

One week post op

One week ago today I was on my way to the surgery center with nervous excitement about my procedure. Today I am feeling pretty good. I have pretty good range of motion now. I can reach and bend etc. I am so tired of sleeping on my back though. Last night I was so tempted to just sleep on my side, but my instructions are to wait until two weeks post op before sleeping on my side. I started the night out in my bed and then switched to the recliner. I never fell back asleep, so I've been up since around 4 am.
I got to take my first "real" shower since surgery this morning. I still showered with the Dial antibacterial body wash since I still have it, and figured it can't hurt. When I got out of the shower I used my blow dryer on low to dry my steri-strips. I read that tip somewhere on RS. I have a post op appointment tomorrow and the PS is going to take off the steri strips and after that I can start using silicone sheets. I'm nervous to see what's under the strips, because I see a lot of black under there. I don't know if it's stitches, or glue or scabbing that I'm seeing. I will ask my PS tomorrow what it is. I took a few pictures this morning. I am so, so happy with how I look in bras and clothing. (The pictures don't do justice!) I'm not in love with them nude yet, but I still have a long ways to go as far as healing is concerned. I am very happy overall and even though the first couple of days were rough, I'd still do it again.
Where do you all get the coobies?
Look on ebay , the only department store within 30 miles of me is stage , so I shop online a lot. But they have a few different types on there. You can get packs of more than one too. They also have scar guard and the kelo cote if you use those ;•}
I got mine from the Coobie website. I think it was shopcoobie.com. I googled for a buy one get one free code and it worked. I may get some of the comfort ones to sleep in. Have you tried those Bubbles?

One week post op appointment

I had my one week post op appointment this afternoon. It was really quick. He took off my steri strips and told me that I can start massaging them. He showed me how to do the massage and told me not to start working out yet. That was about it. I put some Bio Oil on tonight and then tomorrow I will start using silicone sheets.

Silicone scar sheets

Is anyone using these? I hope someone can give some tips to help me out, because I'm already finding them to be sort of a pain. I put them on after my shower yesterday. Putting them on wasn't so bad other than the fact that I needed a ton because there is a lot of area to cover with an anchor scar on each breast. Taking them off, washing and storing is what is difficult at this point. The silicone side of the sheets are ridiculously sticky so they're really annoying to handle because they stick to my hands, fold and stick to themselves, stick to the other sheets etc. Washing each individual sheet is somewhat time consuming, and I can't really stick them all inside of the little case that comes with them because I need to use so many sheets. Any tips for storage? Maybe I will just use a larger Tupperware container...not sure what else to do. Any advice or tips would be wonderful! Also, for reference I am slathering on Bio Oil at night after I take the sheets off. I use it on my whole breast because they're a little dry and itchy.
Hi hopeful85. I was wondering how long your doctor told you you'll be wearing a support bra like your Cobie or your medical bra after surgery ? When should You be able to switch to a regular bra?
My doctor said no bras with underwire for 6 weeks and after that it will be fine. He said that at 6 weeks my size will be pretty much set and I can go get measured and wear whatever bra I want.
Lol those soft stretchy ones are all I wear . I don't have any with the solid band at the bottom. I wanted to order some and just never did bc these are so comfortable. I sleep without any bra on. I never cld sleep in a bra except as a teen sleeping at a friends house or something. When I order some( maybe this week) I'll post a pic of them so u can see what I get :•}

Some new pics

I need to have my husband take some more pictures because it's hard to really get good pictures on my own. I took some new ones this morning though, so I'll post them anyway.
I got my Coobie Comfort bras in the mail yesterday. I ordered a medium and they are very, very snug. I think I'm still a little swollen though, so they'll probably fit better once the girls settle down a bit.
I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I do get sore, but I'm off pain meds except for the occasional Tylenol. I have some very dry and irritated skin at the bottom of my breasts. I've been using Bio Oil on the irritated skin and it's not helping. I tried Aquaphor this morning so I'm hoping it will take care of the issue. Has anyone else gone through that? It looks a lot like the bottom of my belly did at the very end of my pregnancy when the skin was stretched so tight.
Hi I hope all is well with you. I am interested in getting those silicone strips...is it worth it?
Hi. I can't really say if they're worth it yet since I've only been wearing them for 2 weeks now. They are supposed to show visible results by 4 weeks though, so maybe I'll see some improvement soon! :) The reason I chose to do the silicone sheets is because when I asked my doctor what the best scar treatment was, he said that if there was a miracle treatment we'd all be using it, and no one would have scars. I then asked him what he would use if it was him. He said he would use the silicone sheets, so I figured that it would be my best bet. The only real drawback is that they can get pretty pricey and it takes time to wash them. The strips are reusable for up to a week, so I wash them every night and put them back on after my shower in the morning. Now that it's been 2 weeks I'm already needing to order a new box of the strips. I use a lot because of the anchor incision. This is the kind that I get. If anyone knows of a better deal, let me know! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001AJ4L1E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1403792256&sr=8-1
Love those cute bras! Where can I find them?

3 weeks post op

It's been 3 weeks today and I'm feeling really good. I've started sleeping on my side again, and I'm able to do most household chores now. I was going crazy with just sitting around and not being able to do much. I'm used to constantly moving, so it's nice to start getting back to normal. My breasts are nice and soft now and I can tell that they're dropping. Hopefully they won't drop too much more! I like them now! :) I'm still using Aquaphor and Bio Oil on the tight skin at the bottom of my breasts day and night. I use silicone sheets on my incisions during the day.
You look great!
Thank you! I'm so glad I did this! :)
Beautiful!

Annoyed

I'm at the dentist for my annual exam/X-rays/cleaning. The paperwork asked if I've had any operations or been on any medications since my last appointment. Of course I disclosed my lift/aug. They want to have my PS fill out paperwork before they will do anything. Why would my surgery affect a dental exam and cleaning? Ugh. My PS is in surgery right now and they can't get a hold of him. Anyone else deal with this?
Looking AWSOME
The bathing suits I ordered online finally came in the mail, but there is no way I can try them on yet. My chest and nipples are extremely sensitive. When I go for a short while without my bra on it is too uncomfortable. Not painful, just weird feeling. I sure would love to play dress up but I guess its going to take me longer.

Same white shirt, different bra

I took some pictures in this white shirt only a few days post op. I had my surgical bra on in those pictures and I just put it on with a different wireless bra. I feel like my boobs look huge now! My husband likes the look though. ;)
Thank you!

Antibiotics before any dentist appointment

My dentist heard back from my PS and he wants me to take antibiotics before any dentist appointment for a full year. My dentist called in a prescription for amoxicillin and I need to take it one hour before my dentist appointment.
Hi there it seems we had similar situations and feelings after surgery, This will be my 3 breast augmentation so I feel I have some experience to share. Im just sorry that I didn’t go on this website very much during my post surgery period. I feel the BEST thing to limit appearance of scars is Silicone Sheets stripes. The creams and bandage stripes don’t really do the trick I have experienced. I went thru several different companies and different products from a chapstick container to lollipop shaped self adhesive scar reducer products. So 100 % Silicone sheets and you cut it to fit on your size scar works best. I also have called the company directly and asked for a sample to be sent to me before I spent $100-$170 dollars on their product. The 2 companies I did call sent me very nice samples package so I was able to see and feel and try which works best for me. As far as taking antibiotics before dental work is the safe thing to do. I have always taken 4 pills at 1 time of amoxicillin an hour before I had my teeth cleaned. It was to prevent infection that could occur from my teeth bleeding from dental work. My gums bleed that could cause an infection that will attack any foreign objects in your body is what I was told from my PS. A lot of denist don’t believe any infection can happen but just to feel safe I ask them for a prescription to get antibiotics before any work is done. I also was depressed after my surgery the time I should be happy or feel brand new I got depressed this last breast op. I had. I think it had a lot to do with who I felt supported me and cared about me and for me after surgery, Also communication with PS and office staff also plays a very big part in how content you feel and how safe and comfortable you feel you can rely on them in time of need. I will look forward in reading your comments and experience and knowledge that you have as well.
Thank you for your comment, it was very helpful. I did end up taking 4 Amoxicillin pills 1 hour before my dentist appointment, so that seems to be a standard practice. I've been using the silicone scar sheets like you mentioned. Have you ever had issues with them holding moisture in? I live in southern CA and its been hot here. If I go outside and sweat, my strips are still wet on the sticky silicone side when I take them off at night. I'm not sure what to do about that, but keeping my scars wet can't be good. I'll be sure to go check out your review. :)
Also...I hate when I have to ask my PS something like that. Shouldn't they tell you or have it in written instructions? Good thing your dentist caught it!

Red spots on areola

My left breast is looking great. I have some concerns about my right areola though. I have two red spots and I'm not sure what they are. I've read about spitting stitches and I'm wondering if that's what's happening...has anyone had spots like this? Sorry the picture isn't great. I had a hard time getting a good picture. They're more red in person.
Girl you are looking amazing and I'm loving the white shirt. Amoxicillin is my fav antibiotic. I find it's worked better than any other. Maybe it's a good thing ya know.;•}
Thank you! I hope you've been well. It's been quiet around here without you.
Wow . I love yours .. Looking great . Bet you feel great too..

6 weeks post OP

I just wanted to add some new pictures. I don't see much difference, but I want to make sure I have current pictures. The red spots are still there. I also have been breaking out a lot of my chest lately. I don't know if it's related to the surgery, or maybe the Bio Oil? I have an appointment with my PS in an hour so I'll ask him if I need to do anything about the spots and see what he says about my skin breaking out so much. He said I can get sized for a bra at 6 weeks today so I'm going to the mall across the street from his office after my appointment to get sized. I've read that Soma is better than Victoria's Secret for getting sized, so that's where I'm going. I'll update after my appointment and bra fitting if anything interesting happens. :)

34 DDD!

I had my 6 week appointment earlier today. It was really quick. My PS took my first set of after pictures and told me that I can start working out again. He comfirmed that the red spots are stitches trying to come back through the skin and said I don't have to do anything special to them. I asked about the breakouts and he said it is heat rash. He said I could go without a bra for a bit to air out and that might help. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I guess I'll just deal with it and try to stay cool.
I went to Soma to get sized after my appointment. I measured at a 32-34 C! What?? I told the lady who was helping me that there was no way that I was a C, and that I had to be at least a D. She said we could start with a 34D and go from there. I put on the 34D and it was ridiculously small. I had her come in the fitting room to see how tiny it was on me. She came back with a 34DD and I tried it on, but it was still small. She finally came back with several 34DDD bras and they all fit pretty well. I was NOT expecting to be a DDD, but I'm just glad that I found some bras that fit me well. Ever since the surgery I have been bulging out of every bra. I hadn't thought to size all the way up to a DDD though, so that's why. I ended up getting 3 bras there. The Embraceable style was on sale 2 for $59. The Vanishing Back was $48. I love it the Vanishing Back one! They were all comfortable though. I am visiting family for the weekend and don't have a good way to take pictures of me in the bras. I'll post pictures of the bras though. Even though my sizing was way off, I would still recommend going to Soma for bras. The lady was so helpful and not pushy at all. She spent a good 30+ minutes with me bringing me back bras in all different sizes and styles and checking the fit for each bra.
Hi hon thank u for sharing ur story x ur scars healed so well so quick x love the black swimsuit it's not too much at all x I also love the red with white dot bra so cute but sexy x I noticed from the second last pic to the last pic ur girls jumped to megga huge lol xx they look awesome x congrats hon xxx
Thank you! And I do feel like they got bigger! They were so swollen at first, but I still feel like once they dropped and fluffed they got bigger. Maybe it's because my muscles were so tight at first and now they're relaxed. Who knows?
Yep I'm hearing u x mine were so round the other day now snoopy boob again ggrr I'm not looking again for a few days again xxx magic day to u xx

Finally exercising again!

I was cleared to exercise again so tonight I walked on the treadmill. I was surprised that I still fit into my old sports bra and it was actually comfortable. I feel good after walking. I think I'll wait awhile before I go back to Zumba though.
Wow hon ur girls r huge lol love it x doesn't it feel good to do so ethi g for urself that makes u feel extremely awesome lol u look sensational hon u go girl xx glitter dust to u for happiness and magic in ur days xx
Thanks! I was so worried about them being too big, but I think they're a good size. I can "hide" them in a loose shirt when I'm around my husband's conservative family, and I can show them off when I want. ;) It does feel good to finally do something for myself. My husband and I were just talking last night about how much confidence I've gained since the surgery. I used to walk kind of slouched and hunched over a bit to disguise my big sagging breasts. Now they're big and perky and I walk with my back straight and my head high. :)
Yep I'm hearing that hon x sitting at the institute waiting for my surgeon x the woman comming for consults looked like someone had died lol I was smiling happy n excited walking In there lol xx u go girl flaunt those girls often xx glitter sparkles to u for a magic day xx

Soma Clearance Sale!

When I bought my bras at Soma I got put on the email list. I got an email this morning that they are doing a big clearance event with 75% off! There are a bunch of cute pjs. I know when I was getting ready for my surgery I was having a really hard time finding cute button down tops, especially short sleeve tops. I just found a cute pj top on the Soma website for $5! And there is a free shipping code:12791. I just wanted to share what I found in case anyone is looking for comfy pjs, especially those prepping for surgery. The bras are on sale too, but not too many options for DDD. :-/

Back massage post op?

My husband and I are going on a little weekend getaway and I booked a couples massage for us last night. Then I started getting worried that I won't be able to lay on my stomach for a massage, especially with pressure being put on my back. It's at Massage Envy, and I read online that some ladies have gotten massages there after BA and the massage therapist uses a special pillow to keep the weight off of the breasts. I'm curious to see if anyone on here has actually had a massage post op using those pillows though. I'll be 10 weeks post op when I get the massage. Thanks ladies! :)

No bra! :D

I found this swimsuit cover up in my closet today while I was looking for clothes to wear on my beach getaway. I tried it on without a bra just for fun. I love having full and perky breasts!
I've read ur comment about the massage x and one of the girls has informed me to lay on my tummy on my bed and it's a good massag fie dropping x so u should be ok x if I have any questions or not completely sure of anything I don't hesitate to call my surgeon as I'm on the books for a year good luck hon xx glitter sprinkles to u for a magic massage xxx
Hey Anxiety! I just wanted to check in and see if you went through with the surgery yesterday! :) I hope you're doing well!

11 week update

I was going to update last week after my massage, but I have been busy and haven't had a chance. My husband and I had our weekend get away last week and it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy ourselves. I felt confident with my body so I was able to wear some outfits that I wouldn't have worn before. The couples massage we got was okay, but it definitely wasn't as comfortable as the ones I got prior to my surgery. My massage therapist had me on my back at first and worked on my neck, shoulders and scalp. That felt great and I enjoyed that part. I had told her about the implants and that I hadn't even tried laying on my stomach yet. So she had me try out a breast pillow when she was ready to massage my back. The breast pillow made it so uncomfortable though. I posted a picture so that you can see what it looks like. It was at an incline, so that wasn't comfortable at all. Plus the little piece that goes between the breasts was way too wide for me. My breasts are close together so it just didn't work well for me at all. I had her just take it away and I tried laying flat on my stomach. It was pretty uncomfortable, especially when she was massaging my back. I'm going to wait awhile before I try to get another massage.
Not much else is going on with my healing other than the fact that the red spots I had are starting to go away. One suture did poke through and I pulled it out. It came out very easily. There's one other suture that poked through, but it is staying put even when I tried to grab it with tweezers. My PS said to just trim it so that it's flush with my skin so that's what I did for now.
I am slightly disappointed with one of my breasts. I really like my left side, but my right almost seems like it's starting to sag again already. I know we're our own worst critics so I'm curious what you guys think and whether or not you think I should bring it up to my PS. Thanks ladies!
As you mentioned on your review, we are in fact our own worst critics. I looked at your results and I wish I had the same results. Yours girls look beautiful and natural. You are so lucky! Amazing results and by the way, based on the pictures I don't see any sagging. I see a natural look that i would love to achieve!Congratulations and don't be too hard on yourself:-)
Thank you. That was sweet of you to say. I think after spending so much money and going through the pain and discomfort of the healing process, we have the expectation that our results will be exactly how we pictured them. That's not always the case though. I will go check out your review. :)

Random red spot

In the last couple of days I've developed a red spot on my breast. It's not along the incision, so I don't know what it could be. It doesn't hurt or itch. That breast is soft and has no pain, so I don't think it's infected. Has anyone had a spot on the breast like this? Do you know what it could be?
Dr. Howard Hu

I decided to update my review on Dr. Hu since I've had my surgery and one follow up appointment now. I am so, so happy with my results and I would definitely recommend him and his entire staff. He is a gifted surgeon and he is a caring person too. He took the time to know exactly what I wanted and delivered fantastic results. I still have a long way to go on my healing journey, but I have complete faith that I will continue to be happy with my results. When he saw me for my first post op appointment, he had gotten stuck in terrible traffic and was late. He apologized and was so caring and concerned when I told him how much I had vomited the night before. He took his time and made sure I was okay before giving me the okay to head home. His office is an hour and a half away from where I live, and it is well worth the drive. If I had anything else I wanted to get done, I would definitely go with him. I know this is a review for him, but I wanted to add that his surgery coordinator Amanda, have me her cell phone number and told me to call or text any time. She was quick to reply even when I was about 3 months pre-surgery and had random questions for her. She really helped me feel at ease and even cleared her schedule to be there in surgery with me to help Dr. Hu choose my size and profile.