Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty Experience - Utica, MI

I had surgery on May 22nd and it wasn't all that...

I had surgery on May 22nd and it wasn't all that bad. I had very minor brusing that's already gone and I had some swelling which was at its worst from day2-5 then it started to improve. I took arnica tablets/vitamin c as well and I think it helped but everyone is different. The reason for my surgery was I wasn't happy with my Middle Eastern/Jewish looking nose. I had a bump and a droop my nose as well as a deviated septum. All my problems were minor except my nose from the side was big. I'm on day 9 post up and I feel some what regretful and sad that I did it. I feel my nose is to small now and he shaved too cartlidge off for a man at least. I feel my nose is cute now and not what I wanted more of a man nose. But no one is saying that but me. I hope my feelings change but I don't know yet. I know theres more healing to do but thats how i feel. I feel like he just took to much bone and the nose is to small for my face i have a Oval shaped head lol

I will keep you updated please give me your honest opinions on what you think and I'm my toughest critic so be brutally honest thanks. You can say anything as long as your being honest and thats what you think. Maybe im just going nuts here.

6-3-13 12 days post op/6-5 stitches will come out

Here are a few more pics 6-3, looking forward to getting the stitches out in 2 days, as well as taking the tape off.

17 days post op

Swelling is going down and I like the nose from the front and the left side but I really do not like my right side! It doesnt have a straight line like it suppose to and slopes! How could this happen. How can 1 side look nice and straight and the other be sloped? Im upset about it. Other than that the nose is starting to look different and take shape but the right side is the problem.

1 month post op

Here it is 1 month Post OP results are getting better but still not healed yet. I really hope there are more positive changes. I feel there is still swelling inside and outside my nose as well as being real stiff and hard to blow because it dries out so easy no matter what I do.

Still takes 6months to 1 year for 90 percent results so I should know by then if it was really worth it. Right now if you were to tell me do you want your old nose or the nose you have now I would probably take the new one even though I wasn't feeling like that in the beginning.

2 months post op

At first I didn't like the way my nose looked and then after a month in a half I liked it. Now that the swelling is actually going down again I feel I dont like it that much its too small he took too much from the side. And I can say I wish I didnt go by this Dr. I should of been more cautious Its not like I dont like the nose its not embarrassing or bad by any means. I just wish I had more bone on the side its like he took the whole thing down. And I just pray to god it doesent get smaller. I will wait about 2 years or so and save some money down the line and see if i can add cartilidge to the bridge or something and this time I will be spending much more on it I just feel he was too aggressive and this isn't the result I wanted.

Sorry here are the pics for the 2months post op

And i just wanted to say

Its crazy how even in only 2 months the nose just keeps changing and changing. IT looks like a different nose every week its nuts.

AFTER THINKING IT THROUGH I MADE MY DECISION

After I heal and am eligible I will be doing a revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Paul Nassif. I'm pretty sure It's 12-14 months before you can do a revision. And my goals are just to breathe better and have a more natural nose. I want to fix my bridge I think my original Dr lowered my bridge too much. So I want the revision not to take away more but to add more!!! After he adds cartilidge or what ever he needs to do then he will straighten it the correct way. I hope I gain some of my ethnic look back as it has been taken away completely. Its only been 2 months and it just gets smaller and smaller. I want it too look more natural and hopefully it can be done. This is going to probably be expensive but if he can do it and is confident then it will be done!
rhinoplasty/septoplasty

Hey man, i think you look great like this, so natural and it fits your face at all
Hey man great results. I am also in Mi and was wondering who your surgeon was? Thanks
I do think this is a good result. You should be happy with it. If you change it again you run the risk of doing more damage than good. Trust me, I'd know
I agree with this, your nose looks really good as it is now. Fits your face so well.
Hey there, I do recognize your concerns as I am having similar ones....unfortunately. I do hope everything turns out perfectly for you. Please keep us updated wish u all the best
I really think you are just adjusting to the new you & at time from what I hear some people take longer to adjust to who they see after the changes go out get some confidence man from some girls we all need confidence and a cpl girls giving you a wink is a nice feeling ...good luck but u will be fine
Hey man Honest opinion your nose looks good in you ... I understand you look at it more then all of us but honestly it really does suit you and your looks got better much better . I think u should reconsider because you do look good & I think sometimes it's hard for some people to adjust . Look at your before and after picture . You look better in a great way
There is nothing wrong with ur nose it looks great. Why would u make it bigger if the reason u did it was to make it smaller?
Hey man, your nose looks good. I hope all is well and your growing into it. If you could PM me your physician I would highly appreciate it.
I would really appreciate it
Who was you doctor? Need to know ASAP so I can figure out who to go with for December
You are CRAZY! your nose looks perfect. You look so handsome, such a great improvement. I hope you grow to like it because its so nice!
compared to what your nose looked like before, this is a biggg and better improvement, in my opinon. You still look like you, and your nose looks natural, like if you hadnt posted this i wouldnt have never known you had a rhinoplasty. I dont think you your nose looks to small, i think it looks perfectly aligned with the rest of your facial features.Your nose looks really good, i just think you just need some time to get use to it, because maybe you were so use to the nose you had before,. Stop being so self critical, it looks really good in my opinion.
I'm confused, why u don't like your nose. You have a small head, your ears are small, you have small eyes.....so basically the size of your nose is perfect. As far the shape goes, I can't really say much because Idont. Know what kinda shape u wanted. I would suggest, you have someone else take profile pictures of you, with a white background, left right and frontal and perhaps quarter view of each side. That way I can actually tell you, if one side. Is different than the other. With your pictures taking from ur cell or webcam in your dark room, its impossible to even give an accurate answer. There is little light, shadow etc etc. I don't know if you really wanna go through a 2nd nose job, that's a lot also on your wallet. But at the end of the day, you wanna be happy. But post some pictures please, standing up, with bright light, white background and have someone else take the pics, selfies never come across as they appear. What made you pick the surgeoun you pick originally? Was it convinient caus he was a local with little experience? Why didn't you pick Paul Nassif right away?
nope you do not need a revision IMO. You are lucky there is a slight slope. I went in to take a bump/hump off and a small one still remains. Now that I have to get treated.
Na I agree with with Charles's you don't need a revision I think you'll regret it and it hurts more than the first I'm still healing 2 years later
Looks like a perfect nose for your face to me , no worry man . A revision ... well I'm honest with you, you dont need any, very good as it is. good luck !
nose looks good mate better job than mine, my second one didnt go to well i dont think. makes you feel better about yourself though dunt it worth every penny if it goes well
What exactly did you have done? I'm 20 years old and I'm far off from being able to afford surgery. However, ever since I broke my nose I've had a deviated septum and I'm determined to one day get it fixed. I like the way your nose looks now and I would like a similar result if I were to get work done on my nose.
Thanks bro. I got my deviated septum fixed and I had my dorsal hump taken down, that's the big bump you see in my before picture where I'm smiling with the side view. I'm 24 by the way it is tough to afford.
I see. Was there anything done to the tip of your nose? Maybe raising it or removing cartilage? I'm really jealous of your results. Haha. Would you say this changed your life?
What exactly did you have done?
Hey man . I'm a pretty honest guy and guy to guy your nose suits you and looks good . I really don't see what you are seeing . I agree with the other person maybe you r so use to your old nose that its hard to see the new you many would be happy to have your results . Enjoy it man you look good go to a club get your self confidence up.
Thanks a lot bro, I haven't been in a while actually lol. It's been about 3 months since I have gone. Yes she hit it on the nail when she said my old nose was dominating in a negative way. So its kind of hard to take this all in and can make one kinda sick and over obsessive with there looks. There has been a lot of positive things said about it in person as well on here but when I heard one of my girl cousins say its getting a lot smaller it bugged me the hell out!
Appreciate the honestly as well! Thanks guys