9 months PO, Full TT, MR, Lipo, Endurance Athlete, Mom of 5 Including Twins - Utah, UT

I love reading everyones experiences. I wish I had...

I love reading everyones experiences. I wish I had found this site before my TT.

I am a mom of 5. ages 14 to 5, with a set of twins.

I am an endurance athlete, and a 3:17 marathoner. I am 5'6'' and 117. Just like many of you, I wanted my tummy to fit the rest of my body. Training hard and eating the right foods to fuel my body, could not do what the TT did, after having my beautiful kids. It still amazes me!!

I am 8 weeks PO, and am slowly getting back into running. Training for Boston. Feeling tightness in upper abs from MR when I run, hopefully will get better with time.

Soooo happy I finally did this. Recovery was worse than I had expected, to be honest, as I have never even had a c-section, even with twins! I heard if you have MR, the recovery is longer. Anyways, so grateful for a wonderful hubby who took good care of me, and is so patient. Would do this again in a heartbeat. Still swelling in pubic area and around scar, hope it keeps going down fast!

11 weeks today! feeling so good. the training and...

11 weeks today! feeling so good. the training and running is coming along really well. No muscle repair tightness anymore, I think I turned a corner with that around 8 1/2 weeks. Feel like myself again! Still slight swelling under incision and in pubic area :( stopped wearing CG at 9 weeks. Only wear it at night now. I don't think I need it. It just feels good. Hope everyone is healing well!

9 months PO

I am 9 months post op. Feeling so good! Marathon training continues to go well. I love my flat tummy when I run. No more extra skin bouncing around. Scar is lightening and really smooth. No dog ears. I can't believe its been 9 months already. Still really glad I went through with the surgery. Abs are a little sore after I do ab work still, but I can't complain. Hope everyone is recovering and healing well!

Wow. You look great.
Just gorgeous!
Beautiful. I'm jealous!
How long did it take for your stretch marks to lighten up?
It's great to read this! I am nearly eight months post op, and it sounds like our experiences have been similar. I am amazed that I can still feel very tight and spasmy after runs/workouts this far out from surgery! You look great!
You look awesome! When exactly did you start back up with the running again? I'm 4 weeks out, have a half marathon on 2/24... hoping I don't have to walk most of it!
You look amazing and so quickly!!!!
wooowieee.... as a fellow twin mom i am in awe!!! 5 kiddos and a 3:17 marathon! let's just say i've run a few but add an hour and half to the time!!! go girl!!! your results are also FANTASTIC..your tummy fits the rest of you beautifully. congrats on being a super mom, athlete and now TT model!
Hey you look fab and your scar is so light already! I live in UT too and had twins. I was wondering how the running and ab tightness was going for you. Feels much better for me now at almost 4 months. Isn't it awesome and weird all at once not to feel the jiggling belly when running?
hey! you live in Utah too?! awesome! My running has been going really well! Tightness is hardly there anymore when I run. Feels soooo good to be back running again! I am now 11 weeks today. It does feel good not to have the jiggling belly! I am so happy. How is your running coming?!
You look great. It's great to hear you are tolerating your exercise. I'm 6 days post op and I feel like my muscles are wasting away. I exercised every day until 6 days ago and I can't wait until I'm 6 weeks post op. Sitting in a recliner all day and night makes me feel like jabba the hut. Is it just tightness you feel with your mr or pain? Did I mention you look awesome?!

You look amazing!!!

Wow, that is an amazing progression with swelling at first. You also are VERY lucky no stretch marks and a super low scar:)
you're so sweet. You look amazing yourself! Still swelling here and there. And I do have stretch marks under my belly. They were above my belly button before. But they have really lightened up recently.
amazing! how many miles are you running at once now? did you lose a lot of endurance. i haven't taken 6 weeks off in 5 years...so don't know how i will do it!
my trainer only has me at 40 minutes, 3 times a week. taking is SLOW.. 9 minute miles. was up to 50+ miles a week before surgery. We will ramp it up in about a week and a half. Light lifting 3x/week also. I am so not used to running for minutes! used to miles! but he is slowly getting me back in. I am totally with you, as I have never even taken any time off of my training for any amount of time the last 5 years also. I was not worried about the pain after surgery, only about losing my fitness, and taking time off. I don't feel I've lost a lot of endurance... I just want to run and run, but its my MR tightness that really holds me back. Yesterday was a great run though. Best I've felt so far. It's coming! It IS hard to take the time off. BUT you will be soooo happy you got it done! So excited for you!
thank you! i am not having MR, so i am hoping that the road back is easier and less painful. you do look great and i hope that boston PR dreams come true!
I just read all your info. so interesting! You have definitely done a lot of research! I bet you you recover in no time with out MR. truthfully that is what holds me back. Its soo tight! But I had to get it done with a 3+ in diastis from my twins. Anyways, you are amazing! 26.2 miles is far enough for me!
I hope I recover quickly, but I try not to think about it because if it's horrible I'll be disappointed :-) I did my last long run before the surgery yesterday - 22 miles around the neighborhood. I'll do a few more runs before Thursday, but at least this is good timing for an upstate NYer...just starting to get cold out and I'd cut down anyway. I am dreaming of the day when I am where you are - running without feeling all my skin bouncing up and down! So happy for you - you look amazing!
You look amazing!
thanks! You do too!
You look great!!!
you do as well!
Wow you look amazing! I am a mom of twins as well and I know the damage a multiple pregnancy can inflict on a woman's body. I still have stretch marks after my tt as well and they look like yours in your 3 wk photo and are starting to come around now I am 5 wks yesterday. Your 8 week photo you can't even see them! I hope mine continue on there way and turn out as good as yours!
thanks! You look amazing also! I wish I didn't have any stretch marks at all!. And when I was swollen, and they showed up more, I was really frustrated! But they are really lightening up now. Getting better every day!