6 Weeks After Lipo Photos - Utah

I looked on this website for weeks before and...

I looked on this website for weeks before and after my surgery, so I wanted to contribute. The information and pictures are very helpful. Before procedure weight was 136 pounds, 3 days after surgery 132 pounds. 1600 cc's of fat was removed. I am 50 years old. I had Chin, Waist, Hips, Inner / Outer Thighs and Knees Done on 7/16/2012. Was very discouraged about the results, but when I compared my before and after (6 weeks) things are looking better. Can't wait for 6 months! The recovery process is hell with the chin lipo, because of the compression strap. Make sure you buy your own and get a good tight fit. Sleep on your back with your chin stretched the first 72 hours! Had I been told this from the beginning, I would not have a roll and the lumps and bumps that are not going away. I am trying to be patient...

You look great. Congratulations!
Wow, you are going to be busy! My neck/chin is still swollen a bit and I'm 13 days out now. I had an arm lift at the same time and it took about 10 days to feel somewhat better although I really haven't had much swelling with the arms. The tummy tuck may be a bit difficult. I had a full body lift a few years ago and although I pushed myself back to work in 2 weeks it was pretty tough going. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be so happy you did it.
Hello Barbs789
I am getting my neck done I guess it the same as chin. What I want to know how long did your swelling take to go down? I am getting tummy tuck arms and neck September 7th

2 years after lipo

2 years after lipo update: I am almost 52 years old, and am going through menopause and the weight gain that I never thought would happen to me. If I could go back, I would just have my chin and outer thighs done, which is all I wanted in the first place, but was talked into the full treatment during the consult. I have only gained 5 pounds, but my body is deformed around my hip area. The fat is going to my stomach and back, but not evenly. If I wear a dress or top that clings at all, you can see the unevenness of my hips and waist. Bottom line: if you are going to have lipo, you must, must keep weight off, and exercise regularly to maintain the shape. Fat will accumulated in different areas!!
Can you tell me more about your chin and neck procedure? I'm scheduled for next week and I'm so curious about everyone's experience. I'm sorry you aren't as happy with your body as you would like to be. Are you considering having anymore procedures done?
I had lipo under my chin only, not the lower neck area. The recovery is rough because you must wear a tight chin strap 24/7 for a few weeks. My problem ended up being that the chin strap the office staff put on my immediately after surgery was a large (their excuse was that was all they had). Because of this, all the fluids pooled for a couple of days before I went back in to talk about it. I trusted that they knew what they were doing, and did not question how it looked at first. The doctor was shocked and visibly upset that a tighter chin strap was not used. I will pay the price for their incompetence forever with lumps in my neck that will not go away. My double chin is gone, and I do have a better profile, but it could have been a perfect procedure with the correct size strap. I would do it all over again, knowing what I know now, just not at Sono Bello in SLC. I will not have more surgery. Maybe if I was younger, but at 52, that ship has sailed....
My doctor has directed me to wear the chin and neck strap 24/7 for 3 days after surgery, then only at night after that. He says I will be able to return to work the following Monday (4th day post op.). Is this realistic? Did you have local anesthesia? If yes, did you feel a lot of pain during the procedure? I'm 51 and I hope I'm not wasting money that would be better used for a neck lift later on.

Do your research before the procedures and take the advice from other patients. Tight fitting compression garments are essential.