Athlete Gets Breast Lift

Well, After reading reviews on here over and...

Well,
After reading reviews on here over and over again, I decided to get a bilateral mastopexy. My breasts were saggy and had moderate ptosis with stretched areolas. I am an outdoorsy and strong river rat, hiker, yogi, swimmer, and mountain biker, so I was a bit worried on how exactly it would turn out. I didn't want to do any augmentation due to being so active and having to deal with them moving around alot on my chest.

I just went into surgery this morning (11-29-12) and am now resting with my family for the next 10 days. More pics to come!!! Heading to the doctors for a post op tomorrow where I wil be able to get the breast examined and in check that everything is healing properly. So far, I already love how they feel, it's very tight in the chest area and starting to feel the stitches on the side. Been taking percoset to help with the pain, and an anti-nausea pill to help with not feeling so sick with the other medicines. I am also taking an anti-biotic to help with keeping the inflammation and bacteria down.

Just got back from the doctor for my first post op...

Just got back from the doctor for my first post op visit. The doctor took off my bandages and smiled with confidence. He was very proud of himself with the work he did. He then passed a mirror over so I could see what they looked like. And they feel and LOOK amazing. So happy I went through with the operation! Here's the first post op picture..more to come

Day 3 and feeling pretty good. Little sore and...

Day 3 and feeling pretty good. Little sore and still tight in the chest but overall pain level is low. I stopped taking percoset and now am just on the antibiotic. The surgical bra is so/so comfortable, it really pulls my breasts away from eachother vs. towards one another...so I might try and figure out a new system. Still very happy I went through with it, and looks like I can take my first shower today if i want. Can't believe how fast your body can heal and recover. Right now I am also on a juice cleanse to help with the healing process. Feeling awesome! Can't wait to see what they become.

Day 4 today, and took my first shower. felt great...

Day 4 today, and took my first shower. felt great and really cleansing. Only on antibiotic still and continuing to juice and drink soup. Looks like everything is healing quite nice.

Day 6. I Went to the doc yesterday and he pulled...

Day 6. I Went to the doc yesterday and he pulled of the steristrips and said everything was looking like it's healing quite well. first time to reveal the areolas and scars...they weren't too bad. A little taken back at first, but overall I was happy with they way they look. The pain is starting to go away, the soreness is going down, and the itching has started. But, it's a good thing because it means they are healing. So far, still happy about everything!!!!

I'm at day 12 and feeling great! Back to normal...

I'm at day 12 and feeling great! Back to normal with everything but working out. My back is sick of always having to sleep on it but besides that, excited to be out and about and back to work. Breasts are healing nicely and not much to complain here. I'll check in at 3 weeks.

Well folks on day 15 I did my first yoga class. I...

Well folks on day 15 I did my first yoga class. I kept it pretty chill and didn't push myself but it felt great. As long as you eat well and really pamper yourself for 2 weeks the healing process goes so well! Excited to see how I feel this week, and breasts are looking great! More pics to come. No soreness and no blood. Incisions are looking good. So happy!

Day 19 and feeling good. Soreness is down and...

Day 19 and feeling good. Soreness is down and range of motion is getting better. Scars healing well, every week I take off the steri strips and put new ones on. I think they are starting to heal nicely. Feeling happy and glad I did it!
Utah Plastic Surgeon

I had a friend do a breast reduction by this same doctor in February, so I probed her on how it went and decided that since Dr. Haupt had won 3 years of Forbes Awards for plastic surgery that he was the doc for me.

Hey, just wanted to say your results look so natural and really nice! Congrats. I feel you're so lucky since so many women opt for implants with a lift but for you no implant actually looks quite flattering, and it also gives me hope for myself since I want to do a similar procedure w/o an implant. I wish you luck in the rest of the healing process.
Thanks girl! I have been so happy with the results!!! I only have amazing things to say about the procedure. Good luck to you!
DO you mind me asking the CC's of the implants and your wieght/height. I like your size!
No cc's for me. Just a breast lift. Height 5'9" weight 150-155 :)
Wow! They look great for not having an implant!! I have no tissue only skin and my Dr. said he wouldn't do a lift without one because it would look so bad. Which I totally agree. You look awesome!
Recovery is going great! Feeling 95%. Able to do yoga and work out but not a lot of weight. Push-ups feel good, but nothing more. Today is week 6 and I can head to the hot tub now. Soooo excited! I posted a photo if what I look like now! Let me know if you have any other question. :)
You look great! I'm glad recovery is going well for you still. I have 5 weeks to go! I'm wondering if when you lay in you back your "girls" stay up rather than fall towards your armpits, I hate that and I'm hoping it will stop after the lift, also do they stay in your bra when you bend over rather than fall out a bit? Silly questions but important :-) thanks!
Bring on the questions! :) I've been so happy since the lift because no they don't fall to the sides when I lay back, no they don't sag when standing up with no bra, and no they don't fall out of the bra anymore when I fold over. I can finally where comfortable tips that don't have to be tight anymore to hold the breasts in place. It's the best thing that I could've done for myself. You're going to love iit!!!! Let me know I'd another questions arise, I'd be more than happy to answer them! :)
Thank you for your answers! I so look forward to being able to bend down and back up without having to tuck them back in my bra :-)
Just wondering how your doing now that your a little further into recovery?
You look just wonderful! I hope mine turn out that nice! Are you back to exercising yet? (besides the yoga?)
Thank you for continuing to add pictures as you heal, I get more excited to see how mine will look, yours look great!! Do you think the swelling is down mostly? What size are you now compared to before? Thank you! Suzi
Your results look really nice. I am considering a mastopexy, and look similar to your pre-op photos; do you mind saying how old you are? (It is difficult to find people who have had mastopexies and are around my age)
I'm 29. Good luck with yours! Glad I could help :)
Thanks
I am PO Day 4....my question is did the extreme chest tightness cause you any anxiety? I am happy with my results so far but this tightness is so overwhelming. Dr says as swelling and settling occur the tightness with go away.
Ya it's definitely tight, sore, and lots of crackling in the skin at the top. It's goes away in a few days, I'm still sore after 2 Weeks but tightness is gone. Hope that helps!
it does help, thank you so much!
Great review, story and photos! I am going with the same thing on the 15th of January...I am opting not for the augmentation, just the lift. Nervous about what it is going to look like...now that I see yours I am looking forward to this!
glad i could help julie! Its been a rough ride for sure! good luck, hope it all goes well!
Great to see your day 5 picture you are healing so nicely! I am having my surgery on a Thursday and going back to work the following Monday, do you think that is ok? I have a relaxed job..
I think so. It's really the first 3 days that you need to fully rest and not do anything all day! Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your story. I need to post pics before my lift at end of month.
Your welcome! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I definitely had them...:) good luck!
Question, Did you have implants also or just the lift? I have wanted a lift for 8 years nice I quit breast feeding my youngest and last child... Just nervous as to all that's involved. I really don't want implants. I think you look great and look forward to your up dates.