Five Year Old Tattoo Removal - USA

Hi all, So before I graduate and head into a...

Hi all,

So before I graduate and head into a rather client-facing career, i've decided that it would be best to have my tattoo removed. That, and it's been bothering me for some time now. I don't like it at all. It's a circular (5cm x 5cm) symbol of a band I used to like (rather foolish I know) with only black ink and located on my forearm. I've had one treatment so far, slightly less than a week ago.

I admire the support that i've seen in this community. It's a rather long journey and even now, just after my first treatment, I can see that it is going to take a lot of patience and focus but i'm looking forward to documenting it on here and hearing back from you guys as we are all on the same journey! :)

So I had my first treatment last Friday on the Revlite Q-switched YAG. The fluence level was set at 1 or 1.5, can't remember which. It didn't hurt a terrible amount. Since then, I've had no bleeding, blisters or scabbing at all which kind of makes me think the energy level was too low? I've seen very minimal fading during this first week but I've read that I may not notice anything until about 4-6 weeks after treatment when it will begin breaking down the pigments? Keen to hear if that's what other people have experienced too.

Anyway, I hope to continue updating as I progress through the treatment, although I think perhaps I will hold off on treatments for as long as possible (>2 months) to try to maximise fade in-between treatments and hopefully save some money.

Thanks guys :)

Adding photos

Just to add some photos. The fading that is already noticeable is actually from when the tattoo was done, it wasn't filled in properly. No obvious fading from the treatment yet (as far as I can see).

Quick update

Hi all, thought i'd add a quick update.

I'm coming up on two weeks post treatment #1 and see no signs of fading. Practicing super patience at the moment, keeping hopeful that I see something happen in the next few weeks when I next update.

I'm reading along with all you guys as well, keep up the great work! Keeping me motivated!

Going to book in second session

Hey guys, so it's coming up on five weeks and i've not noticed too much fading so i've decided i'll probably book it in at the 6 week point (i'll probably do so tomorrow.) Hoping to see a big difference with this next session! I'll be sure to tell the doctor to turn it up.

Looking forward to reading some of your updates tomorrow and updating you again just prior to the session and for a couple of weeks after.

Hope you're all going well!

Second session completed

Hi guys,

I had my second session! The doctor had the laser set at 3.5 with a 6mm spot. I'm hoping I see quite a reaction from it!

I've put up a before and immediate after shot. I'll update every few days with progress. I'm quite excited!

Update

Hi guys! So it's a day after my 2nd treatment and it's still a bit red and swollen, but pulling through well! I'll add a picture as it starts to heal!

I just wanted to ask, what is the general opinion on drinking alcohol a couple days post-treatment? Does it tend to hinder the process?

Thanks!

3 days post 2nd treatment!

Hey,

It's been three days and I think i've noticed a bit of fading. The area remained a little sore for a couple of days but now i'm feeling the itching... I guess i'll now get to see how bad it gets!

Anyway, i've added some photos including 1 day post and 3 days post. I've been super busy so I haven't been able to read your updates but I will when I get some time! Apologies for the lighting in some of the photos. Feeling optimistic about this session!

Thanks guys!

Not seeing much progress?

Hey guys, i'd really like your input here.

It's been over 5 weeks since my second treatment. I've attached a pic of my progress as of today. I am rather disappointed with how much it is faded, it only seems to have faded slightly on a small part. I was wondering whether I should confront my current doctor and ask that a far higher energy level is used for my next treatment, as this last one was at level of 3.5 and (in my opinion) hasn't done much at all. Either that or I wait a few more weeks to see if I do get any more fading. I just don't want to throw money away at these treatments.

My lack of progress is bringing my motivation down, i'm was quite sure that I would see a lot more fading after my first couple of sessions.

What do you think? Maybe you're seeing something I'm not?