One Year Post Liposuction

I had lipo about a year ago. I like that I am more...

I had lipo about a year ago. I like that I am more proportionate, but it seems like it brought on more problems than it did solutions. There are uneven lumps on the side of one of my thighs, but the worse part is the side of my butt, as you can see in the picture. I even had a touch up on that area and it did absolutely nothing. (these pics are before I had the touch up, and there was an improvement from behind, but not from the side view.)

When I wear pants that are tighter fitting you can see the indention underneath my butt. It looks weird and people have even made comments about it. As if that didn't make me feel horrible enough, I have talked to my surgeon about it in person and he said he didn't recommend anymore touch ups, and that my problem was cellulite. I understand I have horrible cellulite, I have since I was a kid. But the problems I am dealing with are not cellulite. The indention under my butt was there AFTER surgery, and the lumps on my thighs were there AFTER surgery. I have emailed him since, and have gotten no response. I even talked to a nurse on the phone and she advised me to lose some weight and they would re-assess. When I tried to make an appointment though, they wouldn't schedule me they said they would call me back which really upset me. I feel like I am being blown off.

I don't feel that this is a weight loss issue (although I am going to try to lose more weight anyway) I feel this is an issue with the actual surgery.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Should I go get a second opinion or try to get my PS to work with me on it? He is a great surgeon, and a great guy honestly. He is very knowledgeable and professional. I don't know why he isn't seeming to want to help me with this... Can anybody please help me? :'(

I was completely blown off after wanting to get...

I was completely blown off after wanting to get answers about concerns I had after lipo was done. I have been treated like a piece of sh** by this place, and I am so hurt by Dr. Swanson. He REFUSED to talk to me or see me when I was still having concerns 1 year post op. So unprofessional. I regret ever having this surgery done. And I feel bad about myself with everyday I look in the mirror.

Fat transfer doctors in Kansas City area

Can anybody tell me if there are any good reputable surgeons in the Kansas City area that do fat grafting/transfers regularly?
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend Dr Cannova, period
I hateee those surgeons that claim, ' it is cellulite', I did not have ANY cellulite before lipo, i was very slim, but just those small saddle bags that I couldn't get rid of with gym or diet. Now my legs are full of something that looks like cellulite but it is not, it are uneven bumps of fat and scar tissue. To everybody don't do lipo when you are slim! The risk of deformity is way too high, even with the best surgeon!
I am scheduled for a TT next month with dr Eric Swanson. But now I am nervous about his skill. U know anyone who did TT with dr Joseph Cannova in Leawood, ks?
I don't but I have met with joseph cannova for him to fix what dr Swanson did to me and I liked him. Whatever you do, do not go to dr.swanson
hi, I am going to see him on Tummy tuck in 1 month but scared now, my friend got a TT by him then the result isn't that good. the nurse sarah suggested exercising then a touch up after TT. should I go for him then?
Do not go to him I beg of you. Go talk to someone at monarch plastic surgery named Keith Hodge or Gary Hall. Do not go to dr.swanson. he ruined my life.
Gary hall has his own practice. Keith hodge is with monarch
I am so confused with one I need to go now. I live so far away so cost me a bunch of money to fly...and a nanny to take care of all my small kids...I only know Swanson cuz my friend did it with him...I really don't have much time to interview or meet up with a few dr...I met Swanson and his staff before so i thought it was okay.
well, I read some reviews on Hodge and one of them described him as a monster of Midwest. Gary hall seems fine but the pics he got done don't look as good. not easy to find a good surgeon in ks I guess. hope you feel okay.
Well after seeing my pictures and hearing my story about Dr.Swanson if you still go to him....well, that is your choice...but I strongly suggest that you don't.
I am not trying to be rude but there is no reason for you to rush...keep doing your research and check other doctors out. This is such a huge decision. Why do you need to fly here to get surgery? Where are you from?
Hi - I love your pictures. You are right. It is not cellulite it is an indentation problem and the loss of tissue and fat has cause the sag and indentation from the missing fat. You still look really, really good though. Hang in there. Walk away from the doc as you are not going to get any validation. it is obvisious that he not capable of that. I personally do not know of any fat graft surgeons in kansas but continue to seek answers and get quotes. I am positive you can get the covered up enough where it won't show through your pants after fat grafts. Best of Luck.
Natters thank you that is really kind of you to say. I certainly dont feel like I look good. But im doing what I can. I am looking into getting a fat transfer done by gary hall here in kansas. But I am also going to visit with a couple other doctors too. I appreciate your encouragement
You're welcome. I mean all of it. I have been struggling with this since 2007. I have had fat transfers and they do work. That area will work for you and you won't need too much to bring it back out. I used to have gouges on the fronts of my things that were visible even through jeans. I understand completely. The fat transfers have helped. I also used fake filler (not approved in US) Macrolane and I think it caused some new formation of collagen which in turn helped to fill in the area. I am still such a mess and I hate when the docs say, "oh that's just cellulite." We would be the first ones to admit that. It was the surgery that caused the "man made cellulite" I never had the horrible appearance that I have now. EVER. Anyway, good job. Move forward, Armed with new HOPE and Research and ask as many questions and you need too. You are entitled. Then go with your best choice. We will be here for you along the way. Take Care. Natalie
I can't tell you how much better it makes me feel to talk to someone who understands....its so good to know its not hopeless. And I am really glad your situation has improved!!.thank you and God Bless you...
The more I look into this website, the more I see victims of unskillful surgeons such as myself. I have a very similar problem to yours and it took me time and courage to admit that the surgery didn't go right and explore what can be done. I hope you get your problem fixed.
Thank you I truly appreciate that. I am hoping to have enough money to have this fixed within the next 2 years...
Did u get the same dr in ks? Erik swanson?
sorry you had a bad experience. I hope things are getting better for you. There was a post on here that had to be from someone in his office.
I also had bad result after liposuction. I didn't had any cellulite before, and got stuck with bumbs on the side of my thighs. I wouldn't try to get fixed by the doctor that screwed you up!!! He probably is not good enough to fix it. You can improve it though, but you have to go to a surgeon that is very very good in fat transfers. He can fill up the dent under your buttocks and a secondary liposuction can improve the "cellulite". I think especially laserliposuction. That is what a different surgeon did on me (I had 2 lipo) and it improved.
He doesn't want to see you to fix his screw up? Perhaps a nice little letter from a malpractice attorney would motivate him to give you an appointment... IDK the laws in your state, but it's just a suggestion... that attorney letter head can put the chills in some doctor's spines, specially if you threaten to look for others that he has done wrong by and begin a class action suit... I'm just saying... I'd rather spiteful specially if it comes to MY body and the loads of money paid for an improvement.
ALSO... I'd make sure I went to EVERY site he is named and write my review. >=[
I agree, and yeah he REFUSED to see me to fix his screw up....so I am gonna do something...already written tons of bad reviews. hopefully to keep this from happening to anyone else :'(
Lala if you followed through you would most likely win, he has messed up several patients including my mother and also blown her off. The reason he has practiced in KS the last few years is because his Missouri license was taken from him which is why I know you have a case.
May I ask the name of the attorney you used?