Upturned Nose Can't Smile

I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago. My eyes are still...

I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago. My eyes are still black and my face is still swollen . The tip of my nose is upturned and I cannot smile. Is this normal for after procedure side effects? I thought I would have seen more progress by now. Is the lingering bruising normal? I'm scared I have made a huge mistake. Can I offset the upturned tip by using tape to pull it down while it is still healing??

One month after operation and the tip is...

One month after operation and the tip is definitely over rotated. I had a hump removed but should have left it alone. My nose is shorter and over rotated. Should I do revision for the up turned tip sooner rather than later?

This is WAY too soon to be thinking about a revision. Your nose looks like it will definitely heal into something picture perfect.
I just read someone else's review, and she looked like her nose was dented for six months after her operation! Now, at a little over a year, everything has settled, and she loves it. I think 10 days is too soon to be sad or worrying about revision. You may find in a matter of months that you've got the nose of your dreams!
Don't worry, I looked piggish for 3-4 weeks then all of a sudden, day after day it got better and tip settled. It also took at least a month for my smile to return to normal. Even now at 2 months post op I still have little twinges of pain if I laugh too hard or smile too big. It's a process, you'll be just fine.
Ummmm... Your nose looks great. I am at 21 days and just starting to like my nose. Mine had huge hump and used to point down so when I got mine fixed and lifted I crapped my pants the first 2-3 weeks cos I thought I looked like Michael Jackson. I am only just starting to like it and adjust to the change. If you've never had nostril show before it is very scary. But predominant in a feminine nose. I can't tell from one photo. But the one that's up looks great. I would wait 1-2 months before you make a major judgement. Don't feel alone, I was freaking out too. I thought I looked like a pig for 3 weeks!!
BTW my smile only returned recently ... at the 3.5 month mark. I can now see my 2 front teeth ... my 2 front teeth ... I was so happy I sang the song "All I want for Xmas is my 2 front teeth"!
it is pretty scary to look into the mirror and see an upturned nose for weeks, an experience that many of us on this forum went through. Be patient ... most noses dropped as the swelling subsides. It was at least 2 months before mine dropped to a level that was acceptable ... and dropped again at the 3 month point. I found applying arnica montana, taking bromelain pills, drinking pineapple juice, taping the nose and gentle nasal massage (check with your surgeon first before doing the latter 2) helped to bring the swelling down. Best wishes.
I have read on this site that revisions are not normally done within the first year because the nose is still settling into it's new shape. Check with your doctor, and try to be patient because I think your nose still has more changing to do. Some commenters have even said that it took 2-3 months before their upper lip was able to move freely into a smile. However, you and your doctor would know best, I'm sure, so best of luck to you! But by the way, the nose in the photo is ADORABLE, and is exactly what so many people seeking nose jobs are looking for!
It has been 4 weeks now since the operation and while my smile is regaining its form my nose is still up turned and pig like. My nose was better before. I am mortified I made this decision to change my features .
I hear all the time that nose tips go down in the following months after a rhinoplasty - give it at least 3 months but I remember noticing changes at 5 - 7 months too. I know what you mean about changing your features, it was not at all worth it to me. I still think your nose looks very nice

Hi there,

It sounds like your bruising and swelling is normal, but contact your surgeon if your'e concerned. Here's what some doctors say about taping your nose and an elevated tip after surgery. I wasn't able to smile for a few weeks after surgery either (not well, anyway). Hang in there, be patient, and contact your surgeon with quesitons.