Upturned Nose Can't Smile

I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago. My eyes are still...

I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago. My eyes are still black and my face is still swollen . The tip of my nose is upturned and I cannot smile. Is this normal for after procedure side effects? I thought I would have seen more progress by now. Is the lingering bruising normal? I'm scared I have made a huge mistake. Can I offset the upturned tip by using tape to pull it down while it is still healing??

It has been 4 weeks now since the operation and while my smile is regaining its form my nose is still up turned and pig like. My nose was better before. I am mortified I made this decision to change my features .

Hi there,

It sounds like your bruising and swelling is normal, but contact your surgeon if your'e concerned. Here's what some doctors say about taping your nose and an elevated tip after surgery. I wasn't able to smile for a few weeks after surgery either (not well, anyway). Hang in there, be patient, and contact your surgeon with quesitons.

One month after operation and the tip is...

One month after operation and the tip is definitely over rotated. I had a hump removed but should have left it alone. My nose is shorter and over rotated. Should I do revision for the up turned tip sooner rather than later?

This is WAY too soon to be thinking about a revision. Your nose looks like it will definitely heal into something picture perfect.
I just read someone else's review, and she looked like her nose was dented for six months after her operation! Now, at a little over a year, everything has settled, and she loves it. I think 10 days is too soon to be sad or worrying about revision. You may find in a matter of months that you've got the nose of your dreams!
Don't worry, I looked piggish for 3-4 weeks then all of a sudden, day after day it got better and tip settled. It also took at least a month for my smile to return to normal. Even now at 2 months post op I still have little twinges of pain if I laugh too hard or smile too big. It's a process, you'll be just fine.