Uncertain and Scared

This is something I have always wanted and did not...

This is something I have always wanted and did not think it was attainable until recently. I loved the doctor I had a consulation with and scheduled it with him.
After showing the digital imaging pictures to several important people in my life, i did not get the support I was really hoping for. I do value the honesty but this has now made me more worried than ever. They comment that the new nose is too small and look like cindy lou who. I have all the faith in my doctor but dont know if I expressed everything clearly. The boyfriend says he like my old big nose (wtf?). I think I need to tell the doctor i want to keep the length but deal with the dorsal hump and columela. Then on the other hand I want to leave it up to his expertise. I am conflicted now.

I have been on this site daily for months and it has really helped me a lot. I would love to turn to you guys for an unbiased opinion/advise.
Thanks.

I go to the pre- op appointment this afternoon and...

I go to the pre- op appointment this afternoon and will go over all my concerns with them. I hope it goes smooth and i am able to achieve what I am hoping for.

I will update post appointment.

Thansk for all the feedback...

"D" day is approaching and I am trying to keep...

"D" day is approaching and I am trying to keep myself crazy busy so I do not thinka bout it too much. I am excited but very nervous as well. Not for the actual surgery per say but simply the recovery and the final result. I don't want a bad result; do not want to be uglier!! It's my biggest fear right now.

My other fear is brusing and swelling. The doc did not want me to take any supplements so I am trying my hardest to stay away from sodium. Any suggestions on avoding bruising and swelling?

NERVOUSSSSS

So happy for you! Good luck staying busy and calm. You will be fine. Bruising and swelling can't hurt you (bother you yes, depress you a bit yes, but hurt you, no). Don't worry about them. You will look great, and I can't wait to see your after pics!
It'll be great! :) Don't worry too much or over think it. I am now at "day 22" and still find myself obsessing over changes and I realize it's not helpful to do that. I just need to keep busy with other things in my life and not focus, because I know time is on my side and each day will bring new changes (swelling, more refinement, etc.). Be positive! Your new nose is going to look fantastic. :-)
I think the new nose looks more delicate which is exactly what I want from my nose job on Jan.15th. I am sorry about your family and friends... I have no support and its really hard because as the date gets closer I am getting anxious. I would suggest meeting with your doctor again for a 2nd consult, when I met for a 2nd consult it made me feel more comfortable. Good luck!
Hi! I have my scheduled for January 15th and have little to no support as well. I was totally fine until I actually booked it but if I talk to my love ones they all say dont do it. I'm still doing it because it is what i've wanted so i can relate to your situation. As for our advise... I would have to ask what you do not like about your nose? For me I wanted a more delicate nose so it will change quite a bit but if you only want a slight change tell your doctor exactly what you are looking for. I would also suggest a second consult with the doctor you feel comfortable. Once I met my doctor for a 2nd visit I felt more comfortable. Good luck!
Sorry I did not mean to relpy twice... computer issues today!
You look beautiful! You were stunning before and now even better:) I am in kinda the same boat, considering a tip reduction and overall refinement and I actually am srsly going to pursue rhino and have some doubts but ur pic makes me feel better abt my prospects:) U look fab!
As a complete stranger I think your proposed after shot is better. I had a similar reaction with some close people and i believe it is because they have seen your nose like that forever and when you have a change like that they naturally think it looks off. When I first had my computer imaging at first I thought it looked weird but that is because it was not the same and it is quite strange but after a day or so I fell in love with it and I can't wait, I showed some strangers through this site and they 100% thought the after shot looked better. It is a good idea to get some opinions from ppl on here. I'm sure it won't take long for your bf and other close people to get used to it once/if you get it :D hope that helps
I personally really like both noses, so I think you should go with whichever makes YOU happy. Your family may think your new nose is too small because they've gotten used to the one you have now, so it must be a little strange for them. Ultimately though, the choice is yours. I'm considering having a nosejob myself and I'd go with whatever felt best for me.
I too think you should do what makes you happy. Don't listen to your family they will never tell you do it as they don't think there is anything wrong with your current nose. You are the one that has to be happy with your nose. I like the image of your new nose better except I think the profile picture has a little over projected nose in my opinion. I like the way your old nose is in the profile picture minus the bump and the bottom of your nose. But you are the one that has to look at your face every day and be happy with it. Ultimately you need to decide what looks best for you and talk to your doctor he will have some suggestions, ideas, and will explanations. Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
I think your new nose will look great. A lot of people told me that there was nothing wrong with mine, and that I shouldn't get the surgery done.. but I had a huge bump and was never happy with it. Always really self-conscious. After the surgery, I'm MUCH happier. I'm still recovering, only 3 weeks post op.. Still some swelling. But it's a ginormous improvement. Even my family (who was against me getting it done) says that it looks great. Good luck!
Don't leave too much space between the base of your nose and your upper lips. It wouldn't be nice and it would be very difficult to fix.
I did not think of that! good point...
Hi - I think you just need to get your nose thinned out. The new nose looks too short and too upturned - I think it looks weird. You need a nose that suits the rest of your face. When you look at so many beautiful women: Sophia Loren, Christy Turlington, Jessica Biel, Angelina Jose - their noses are all long, but they're thin (without or without surgery).
Hi! I saw your story pop up on the right side and I thought I'd send you a comment since I relied on this site so much to get reassurance that what I was doing was the right thing. Like you, I always wanted to get my nose corrected, because I just never felt it fit my face and I was insecure about it. It just *bothered* me. I never felt like I would be able to actually do anything about it though. I am 23 and finally have the finances to get the surgery independently. I decided to just go for it. I planned and saved for a few months beforehand, and booked the surgery for last week. I *just* got my cast taken off today and I couldn't be more happy. I literally could just burst with happiness and excitement about my new nose. I feel that a weight has been lifted off. I was also worried about my family and coworker's reactions and judgments, but honestly, no one can say anything about it now because a) it looks great and b) I am just so happy that anything anyone says won't phase me. So, when it comes down to it, do what *you* want to do. If it's something you've always wanted, then it's something you should do. I always think that if I have a feeling or a thought for a long time, than it's not a silly matter. It's something that should be acted upon. Go for it! Eventually, you will regret not doing it based on what others think or feel. This is YOUR face and your decision in the end. Also, I think you should express to your doctor what you're hoping to achieve and then let him give his thoughts. He is the professional and he will know what looks best for your face. However, I found it to be helpful to give my surgeon what my expectations were (and my fears... I didn't want an "upturned" or "pinched" look!). Being on the same page with him made me feel more confident that I'd get what I was hoping for. Best of luck!
Thank you so much for the comment! I am happy you had such great results and am hoping for the same! I have a pre op next week with the doctor and staff and will share my fears. Thanks again for the reassurance.
it looks good!!
Get your nose done the digital image looks really good and fits your face well .
thank you!
I'm sorry your family & bf didn't have the reaction you were hoping for. They are used to you with the nose you have now. However, they will also get used to your new nose too. Especially since the removal of the columella and dorsal hump might be obviously apparent, but any other changes will probably appear slowly over time, as the swelling that follows surgery goes away. I will be 100% honest with you, which is easy since I don't know you: The computer-imaged nose doesn't look "shorter" to me than the nose you have now. If you look at the frontal pics, you can see the length is almost identical. I believe the change in the profile pic is from "de-projecting" the nose, so it doesn't stick out so far from your face. I know that surgeons have to have an artistic eye for 3D balance and proportion. In your morphed profile picture, if the doctor left your nose projecting out any further, I think you would end up still having a big nose. For example, I think your mouth and eyes are not large, and your bone structure is defined. These characteristics have with a hint of delicacy about them that's really pretty, so the smaller nose suits you much, much better. Finally, there actually is a "textbook" ideal size of a nose (generally speaking) that is based on geometry (angle measurement) for men and women. I think the doctor's computer picture is much more feminine (it doesn't have the sharp angles of your present nose, which is more masculine). My vote? Do it. Make YOURSELF happy with this choice, not your family. Don't leave decision about the shape or size of a part of your body up to them, or up to your doctor. I recommend you deciding what you want to make yourself happy. The people who love you will come around, don't worry.
Thank you so much for the reply and honest opinion. I think I just needed some reassurance. I have an appointment for pre op next week and am going to share some of my thoughts with my doctor. Thanks again! much appreaciated.