Tummy Tuck Gone Wrong - Upland, CA

I had a TT and lipo to the flanks and I'm sure...

I had a TT and lipo to the flanks and I'm sure that my incision is not healing right at all. It's bulging out swollen and red. It even had black areas in it. I'm very depressed by all this. I hope it heels ok. I see others incisions on here and they are all nice and flat and that's how I expected mine to be.

It doesnt look right to me but if your ps said its healing fine he may know more than you or i. If ur not comfortable with his assessment go get a second opinion asap just in case its not all good. I hope its ok!
I'm so sorry but it does look infected did your PS give you an antibiotic
It looks very red and swollen, I would go to the ER ASAP, IT COULD BE INFECTED.

So I had my 1 week check up this past Monday

And my surgeon said I was fine. But I honestly don't think so as you seen in my picture which was taken a few days ago because it takes a day to activate this a profile on this site. I asked my ps if the skin was dying because of the black areas and he said no but to just clean thoroughly which I have. I just called another ps to get a second opinion and they are gonna call me back to set an appt. here is my today's picture.

Please have someone else look at that right away. I just had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I can tell you from looking at your pics that something is wrong.
you need to go to the ER!!! That is not normal!!
Please go to the ER quickly...

I forgot to add

That I'm 10 days post op if it helps any. Also I posted these pictures in the ask the dr sections and the dr that responded said it was normal and I have a small bit of necrosis. That's for all your ladies concern, but I truly don't want a ER trip to night. I'm gonna wait it out until Monday. Hopefully it gets better by then. I'm still on antibiotics and washing it with antiseptic soap. I really hope it gets better. This is so depressing. :(

did you make it to the doc? even if you heal from this you may need scar revision...
Who did you go to?
you may need a lawyer... ur skin is rippled,red and necrotic that is not good work... board certified? if it is warm it is infected... sorry it happened.

Ugh this is just plain annoying!

So I had a check up and my dr says I'm fine and the black stuff is just a scab. Ummm I know it's not just a scab. He says it will fall off on its own and that all I need to do is clean it and it is not infected. It may not he infected ok fine but the least he could do is clean it and make it look better rather then just looking at me and saying I'm fine then sending me on my way. I'm really hating all this shit I'm dealing with. It's so annoying.

You can see in my pictures it's looking pretty nasty at this point. I'm so irritated by this process and just annoyed. I still can't stand straight and my leg/thigh where my crease is to my vagina it's all yellow and opening up and that part really hurts. I can feel it stretch and pull when I walk and my panties rub on "crease" and really irritated my skin as you can see in my picture. I have a second appointment with another dr tomorrow at 130 so I will see what he says.

Right now for care I'm just cleaning it and putting neosporain on the wounds with gaze because I have bad drainage. I change that once a day. Oh also take a look at my drain site that got removed today. Yea..one more thing to deal with.

So I dunno what do you ladies think...I think it all looks freaking horrible and I hate it. I wanna cry!

Thinking of you. I hope you got some good news today.
Did you see the other PS yesterday? How did it go?
I agree with the gals that stressed, do not wet your wounds! They need time to dry out and scab up. I had sutures tear under bothe areolas after my bl, and freaked out. Tried everything to cover them so I could shower normal. Nothing worked until I decided to sponge bath... they dried and scabbed. Now the scars are fading. Yes, a little more scarring than the nice thin line I was hoping for, but I think it looks great! 6 months from now you'll be thrilled to death. Our bodies are amazing gifts from God. They know how to heal. Let your body do the work. :))

I see the light at the end of this tunnel!

Sooo I saw another ps surgeon the other day and let me just say how I WISH I went with this dr. He was so warm and sweet to me and even gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. Lol the way he spoke to me and listened to what I had to say without interrupting at all (like most dr do) just made me feel more then just a patient. He was very caring to my situation. And answered allllll my questions. Felt like we talked forever. Haha

Anyways he reassured me that I have no infection and that I did in fact developed mild necrosis. He said at this point just leaving it alone and keeping an eye on it is my best bet and to wait until the skin falls off on its own because I have no infection. He believes that I will heal just fine and that I will like my end results. But in the end if I did not like it he could revise my scar, but to just give it some time. He even said my bb was cute. Lol

Pretty much he knew my ps who did my work and tho I could tell he had some personal opinions about him he was professional and kept them to himself. He did say that what I was missing was the reassurance that my ps failed to give me. He also said that he would be willing to see me anytime I wanted with any concerns I may have. But the fact is I'm my current surgeons responsibility by law for the next 90 days. But he wouldn't mind helping me along the way as well.

So with all this good news and all your ladies help I just feel so much better. I feel like I got out of a depression slump and found some strength. That day I saw the second ps I slept in my bed for the first time in weeks, I'm standing up straighter, actually leaving the house now, and just enjoying all of this. I feel good about my body even with my hurdles. I've even put on some make up and some cute clothes. I looked in the mirror and realized I love the way I look!! And I can't wait to be fully healed!!

I just feel really good right now. Lol

hope that you are well. still praying for you recovery.
I'm so happy you're feeling better. Just remember every day that passes is a day closer to you becoming completely healed. You're going to look amazing and when you're healed you're gonna look back on this and day it was worth the struggle. You fought for what you wanted. ❤️
Say*

So here's the reality of things!!

Sooo besides feeling amazing and living my figure the truth is I'm battling that horrible hole in my tummy and possible openings?! The second ps said he believes I will heal fine but it will just take a bit longer.

Here are my pictures as of today. I warn your they are kinda yucky. But I needed to share so you ladies can see how it's combing. I hope it's looking better in your eyes. Drainage seems like it's been lately and u get sharp pains in some areas.

I'm also bummed because I'm heading back to work tomorrow. Booo I hope I can make it through. I'm a barista.

Oh wow just seen your pictures... I hope it heals.. Also just keep that areas clean...
Awww honey. I am sure this is so frightening. Thats crazy they say its okay and healing fine. I mean they see this way more than we do. Just make u cover it up when out. Those thick overnight sanitary napkins work better than i thought. I feel ur pain and i just wish u a speedy recovery. Keep us updated on ur situation. (((Hugs)))
Sorry things aren't going well for you, I had sort of the same issue starting at about 1 week post op and it only got worse, my ps was amazing and did everything to reassure me it would get better, I had doubts about that. My doc stitched the front of my incision 5 times but wouldn't hold so he tried something different, had to pack holes with wet dry method. We started that at about week 5 and I'm now at week 12 today and the holes are better.

Wahh :"(

I just don't know what to do anymore!! It's just looking worse to me. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I just feel like it's not getting better and that no surgeon will help me. Whelp!! :((

Lord have mercy! I pray that you heal and fast because the pics dont seem so well and a lot of us are very concern for you. I think you are in a lot of danger and need to see a primary physician or perhaps a visti to the ER. You are not being paranoid, not when it comes to your health. Please go see someone other than a PS. PLEASE. - Very concerned for you.
you need to read CaliKat's story.. you are close to that now.. maybe u can request to speak tto her personally
go to your primary care physician.. tell her what is going on. you are in danger of sepsis and death.. it looks so bad.....you need wet / dry or a vaccum appliance to take over...what are you waiting on...

Wet and Dry method

So last night I started the wet and dry method that you all suggested. I wish I would have done this sooner because I think I see a small improvement from just last night. I know all you ladies had already told me about this and how to do it I just wasn't aware it was an actual from of debridement until after I google how to debridge at home. So far I think it's working. So happy face from me :)

Also I made an appointment with my primary care giver this coming Friday. So if I don't see a major improvement I was see if my dr will write a referral to a wound care center so my insurance can cover my care and see what the wound care facility can do for me. So we will see.

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend and a special thanks to the ladies who reached out to me via messages. I really don't know how I could be getting through this all without all you wonderful members on RealSelf.

Happy healing you all! Xoxoxo

yep you really do need to go to a doc or have them refer you to wound specialist, there are a couple girls on here like I said, some of which had same problem and one of them got infection, praying you get the treatment you need
Thank you and I think I'm at that point where it can turn really really badly if I don't do something. I've been trying to be patient but it looks like I need extra help what my ps isn't willing to offer.
It's definitely a roller coaster ride. Right now I feel like no dr is really helping me at this point. The only help and support I'm getting is on here, and I swear all you ladies know more then my ps. Lol

A few extra pics

Here some pics after one night of the wet/dry method. I know it's to soon to tell a HUGE difference but I think I see a small improvement just from the few dressing changes. The green/yellow drainage also is slowing down.

Its looking a bit better, hopefully you're feeling a lot better too. :) good luck at your appointment. Xo
Thanks I think it's improving a tiny bit. The yellow yuck is subsiding so thanks a good thing right? Lol man I can't wait for this all to he over!
Hi how is your hip now? I have a open wound on my hip np says it doesn't look infected but just needs to dry ....well its been a struggle to keep it dry. Just curious how your doing?

Small improvement

So I've been doing the dry method everyone suggested and changing out every 8 hours or so. Discharge is still yellow and green, but I've noticed less yuck since I've been doing the at home debridement. Now that some if the yuck is pulling up I didn't notice how deep and round my wound is until recently. Kinda scary to say the lease. But there's still a corner where there is a lot of it still in place and it's not coming up just yet. Still keeping my fingers crossed. I even noticed a stitch poking out in the middle of my hole!! Really concerned with that!!

Other then that I'm still super duper numb in a lot of areas and I do have 2 hard lumps by/around the hole. Maybe fat necrosis?

I just can't wait to be healed because this is all pretty exhausting.

Thank you all for your love and support!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Graphic pics beware

Here's the pics as of now. I'm 3 days post from wet and dry method. You can actually see the stitch in it. I think it looks a little better? What do you all think?

Oh yeah u gotta get that stitch out. That may be part of the problem. I had 3 open holes all from popped stitches.. PS says has to come out or hole won't close.
Really? So the stitches can really cause a problem? Even if it's dissolvable? Kinda scary that I can see a stitch!! Show how deep my hole really is. :(
Ahhh that's rough ;((. Hope it closes up soon so you can enjoy your new tummy!!!

Took an Urgent Care trip last night

And turns out I was indeed infected!! No surprise there to be honest. I had a feeling I had an infection for a few weeks but my ps said if I had no fever, chills, or pain then I'm not so I was just listening to the one with a degree, instead of my own body. So glad I went because now I have antibiotics. Another step closer to full recovery.

It's amazing the power of unity. Many of us may never meet in life but here we are all sisters. I'm hoping to get my hernia fixed with a tummy tuck and breast lift. I live in Nigeria where there's nothing close to plastic surgery here. Done my research and see Dominican Republic Drs are good and cheap but is it safe? I wish you all speedy healing and excellent results. Life is hard enough as it is. I pray that your dreams and plans come true with ease and grace in Jesus name. Love you all
That's how my stomach was and it has healed but I'm still in pain
Hi I went thru this as well I know how you feel. It's a long road. It will get better now that you are getting treated for the infection . I have to have a second tt to have all the damage corrected. Not looking forward to doing this all over again . So afraid it might be the same thing again. So scared . Please keep us posted. I go again on 11/7 wish me luck.

Ok here's my 1 year review

Well there's no doubt that my tummy is super flat at times but also during the day I look as if I'm 3 months pregnant and extremely bloated but I do get tons of complements for my flat tummy and having 3 kids. Problem is beneath the clothes I have a scar that looks as if I've been sliced in half by a chainsaw and sewn back together.

This summer shopping for a bikini to hide my high and thick scar was a nightmare. My sex life is non existent because I'm too scared to let anyone see me without my clothes off. I'm a super confident woman but once alone in the bedroom I crumble into my scar insecurities because I don't know what that person will think once he sees my scar.
I also have this boldge of scar tissue you that you can see through my clothing. Although I have to admit. I do love my flanks the doctor did do really good job onmy Lipio.
I will be speaking to another doctor soon to see about doing a scar revision but I'm scared because I'm extremely tight still and there's not that much skin to actually pull so I don't know if the revisions even possible.

And I've also been told by certain people that my bellybutton looks Abnormal. This tummy tuck outcome is not at all what I had expected and am very much disappointed.
Thank you all for for following and leaving good thoughts. I hope you all are healing well!

I'm so sorry that you've had to go thru this. I too had the same and I just had a revision. I've now spent over $20,000 on my tummy I'm on my 3 rd belly button ugh I feel your frustration. The Dr that just fixed mine said that I looked like I had been chopped in half then thrown back together. I'm 6 weeks post op and I'm so glad I did it. Are you getting a revision also? God Bless
I am happy that you have had a good out come on the fix after 3 times.I sure hope I dont have to go for # 3 Hope when I go in on 11/7 it will be last time I have to do this.But I can say so far I did beat the cancer so I should not be complaining right.
Wow what happ to u happ to me what are u going to do