I am 27 years old 5'1 140lbs size 34H. - Breast Reduction - Atlanta, GA

Hi, I am 27 years old 5'1 140lbs size 34H. I...

Hi, I am 27 years old 5'1 140lbs size 34H. I have pain in shoulders, neck and headaches. Currently, I can only find bras the fit at a store call "Intimacy" and they are VERY pricey. Last year I bought two bras from there and this year they dont fit!! I purchased another bra and sports bra this year and I'm doing good to still where them. Having a breast reduction is something that I have been considering since HS. At one point in time my breast "shrunk" along with my weight but as you all may know it's really hard to workout with large breast constantly attempting to slap you in the face lol....I digress. Since I know have a full-time job with insurance I have decided to follow through.

I did get approved to have my procedure done. It only took a week and it was a very simple process. The Dr's office took picture and wrote a detail letter and VOILA! Based on some type of scale (don’t remember the name) it is recommended that I have at least 350g removed from each with more from the left because it is larger. My goal size is a C-cup and I’m pretty sure I will have to have more than 350g removed. My surgeon says he cannot guarantee the size after surgery but he will try to get as close as possible.

I am going to attempt to work out again in order to lose weight. I eat pretty healthy as it is but I am watching my eating in an effort to help this process along. Since weight loss for does have some affect on my breast size I know this would be best to try to accomplish before surgery.

My surgery isn’t until Dec. 9th and I am anxious and nervous. I’m hoping I will have my mind wrapped around everything closer to the time. I know that the nerves may only increase between now and then.

I don’t have any kids and I’m not concerned about breast feeding. I’m mainly worried about the size increasing during pregnancy and what they will be like afterwards. As far as when I will get pregnant that’s not in the plans really soon I’m just wondering how that would all go.

I'll post photos closer to my surgery date. Thanks for reading; I look forward to hearing from everyone and updating in December!!

Im currently looking into getting a breast reduction in the Atlanta area and was wondering where u plan to go at such a good price?
hi! my insurance is picking up the remainder. my cost includes the deductible and my max out of pocket expense
Hello tobear, I see that your surgery date is getting closer, Have u completed your shopping for post op?

11 days to go and NERVOUS is an understatement. on...

11 days to go and NERVOUS is an understatement. on 12/1 I go in for my pre-op appt first i'll go to the Dr's office and get all the info then i go to the hospital to complete papers along with bloodwork. i've been trying to talk myself out of this lately but i think it is because i have a tendency to OVERTHINK things. i'll be posting pics soon!

It really seems like the second thoughts are pretty normal. I know I had them right up until they gave me the anesthesia :-) This is a big step and something you don't just re-do like a bad haircut, so it is reasonable to wonder if it will be worth it. From my experience...it is SOOOO worth it! I feel so good, both physically and emotionally. I have had a ton of fun wearing new clothes! And I woke up with a kink in my neck last week from sleeping in an akward position and I was shocked to realize that had been normal for me for so long. I don't have that constant pain any more. What a relief! It really has made a huge difference in my quality of life!
thanks for the words of encouragement. I am trying to mentally prepare myself as much as possible. I know that any
change will be an improvement however i want to be happy with the results. I'm concerned about the healing process as well as what size I will be. Hopefully when i go in on Thursday I will be a little more at ease when I leave. I need to think & write down all my questions so I won't forget anything.

I took pictures last night. so i'll be uploading...

i took pictures last night. so i'll be uploading later on after work. originally i wanted to lose weight before the surgery but i never really put forth an effort to do so. i really wish i would have because i've had ample time to do so. just a thought.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So i went for my final pre-op appt on yesterday. ...

so i went for my final pre-op appt on yesterday. i must say it made me even more nervous than i already am. i'm not sure if its because i only have a week left. i sad several questions to ask and they were all answered. but of course after i left i had more questions.
im worried about them taking enough out & i know that my areola has to be reduced as well. he mentioned a standard size guide they use i'm just hoping it "fits" me. i know these are minor concerns but still i would like to be pleased with the end result.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One other thing: the dr. also mentioned...

one other thing:

the dr. also mentioned possible using STAPLES to close the bottome incision. did anyone else have to have staples placed along with the stitches? i've never had a stitch let alone a staple a day in my life. the was the comment that did me in.

I have had to have staples with an abdominal surgery and they are no big deal. I have heard of some doctors using staples, some using glue, and some stitches, and even combinations of those. I think each doc just has their own technique and preference. My PS gave me a choice of nipple sizes, but they meant very little to me, I just said use the smallest template and he said that is what most people request. I think that was a size 4, but don't really know what that meant.
Wishing you an anxiety-free week!

Tomorrow makes one week post op! all went well...

Tomorrow makes one week post op! all went well just trying to recover. Im happy with the results overall. I am very particular when it comes to things aesthetically so the only issue i have in the way they look is my aerola which i felt would be a problem initially. Hopefully, in time once everything heals it will be fine.

Hi Iowa, I end up having staples, stitches, and some glue. I also had drains for about 4 days. he removed a few staples when he removed the drains. it wasnt too bad. he used some type of "freezing" numbing spray and that helped. I wont get the remaining staples out until January due to the holidays.

I have the blues. while I'm grateful I was able to...

I have the blues. while I'm grateful I was able to have the surgery, I have mixed emotions about the results. Obviously, they are smaller than before & they appear to be more symmetrical than they were previously. I know that they are swollen but I fear after that they still won't be small enough. I don't like the way my areola looks or the vertical incisions. I also don't like the fact that the bottom incisions has about 10 staples going across each side and two on each vertical. I know that only time will tell and different surgeons use different closing techniques all this just bother me :-( anyway thanks for reading.

I know how you feel. I had mine done back in May and about 1 or 2 weeks after, I started to get really anxious about the swelling and what the final results would look like. You just have to keep telling yourself to be patient and that it's only been a short period of time since the surgery, so things are bound to be a little odd at first.

I still felt swollen and not quite "settled" for about the first 2 and 1/2 months afterwards. The nice thing is though, having done it at a younger age, you have plenty of time to enjoy being smaller.

I also have been struggling with not feeling "small enough" after surgery. But give it time. It's hard to tell after only a week a two, you are definitely still swollen.
Thanks for posting the pictures, Tobear! I think you look really good. From other pictures I have looked at and from my own experience, I think your nipples are pretty comparable to most everyones. And you can definitly tell a difference in size...especially on the side view!
I know exactly how u feel. One of my breast is still bigger than the other. I am afraid they get back huge. I too tried on one of my triple Ds bras and they fit. I am trying to think positive. The good thing is I can finally shop for those outfits I would never buy beacuse my bras would show. Now I can go bra less or find a great strapless bra. Think positive and take care of them.

3 weeks post op and all is well. about a week...

3 weeks post op and all is well.

about a week after surgery i weighed myself and i weigh 136.6 to be exact. as far as post op is concerned there hasnt bn any major issues. i started showering a week after, just had to be really careful. per my Dr.i apply antibiotic ointment to the incisions and the place gauze over them then a bra. i wrap with an ace bandage while sleeping cuz i toss and turn a lot. during the day i where a sports bra with either a back closure or zip front. as far as movement is concerned i havent had an issues there. my range of motion is greater than i expected. i've been doing my hair since after the first week *shrug* granted i practiced before surgery moving around and putting on regular shirt by not lifting my arms straight up and bending my head down.

as far as the results i like the way i look with clothes on, but they are still larger than what i expected. going in my left was larger then my right. at this time the right is larger! not sure what is still swollen and what isnt but i dont see things getting any smaller in the future so i'll learn to live with it (what choice do I really have)

I went out of town about 10 days after surgery to visit family and friends for the holidays. for the most part everyone i'd told could tell the difference. as for everyone else they may not have even noticed if so nothing was said LOL.

i'll post more pictures soon. any questions comments please let me know :)

@ Tobear, If you don't ind me asking what is your bra size now that you've had the surgery?
I'm not really sure. right now I've only bn wearing medium sports bras or just the ones that go by band size which for me is a 34. I haven't gone bra shopping yet cuz I'm afraid I'll be dissapointed especially since I already feel they are not small enough. if i had to guess I'd say a 34D maybe?? I have a few old bras and I'll try them on and let u know!
just tried on an old bra a 32DD and it fit perfectly. not sure how I feel about that...granted I haven't bn that size in forever but bra shopping was difficult back then too! I was really hoping for a C. oh well it is what it is :-/

FRUSTRATED! The pre-approval was TOO EASY...

FRUSTRATED!

The pre-approval was TOO EASY apparently.

Currently I am having issues with the insurance and billing that was done by the hospital. According to my INS company the codes that were submitted were incorrect. The hospital billing depart says they were what was on my pre-approval. The billing is looking over the claim again to submit back to my INS. I received ab ill for $21,000 smh now I'll wait for them to get this corrected.

Not to mention the Dr's office hasn't been much helpt with anything and I guess I am not surprised because looking back they weren't much help from the beginning. If I didn't have a job dealing with billing and insurance(dental) I'd really be freaking out about this. Fortunately, I know how to follow up and appeal if needed(i hope it doesn't come to that)

Just a little venting. Thanks for reading :-)

Wow what a nice difference:)

Grrr...Insurance can be so frustrating! I hope everything gets worked out for you.

So, it appears that my finaly size will be a 34D...

so, it appears that my finaly size will be a 34D I've bought several bras over the past month or so and they are all this size. in my opionion the swelling has gone down and i don't forsee them getting any smaller. my right one is now larger than my left and it's the one that I still feel pain in from time to time. and for this reason sleeping on my right side is very uncomfortable. after all my stitches/staples were removed i had one post op visit with my PS which was back in Feb. and I dont have to go back unless I need to. I may call with concerns about my right one.

overall i can say i'm happy with the results. there are a few minor things that bother but hey what's done is done. i love the way my clothes fit now and 34D size is not hard to come buy so i dont have to constantly search for bras. my favorite place to shop for bras is KOHLS they have a wide selection :-) I can even get matching panties and all the different colors now. this is a first!!

Hi Tobear, congrats on your new breasts!! Your before boobies look very very similar to mine right now. My surgery is Friday and I cannot wait! Hope all is well :)
@tobear, they look great, what type of ointment did u use for your scars? Do u have any updated pics that u can share? I am 5 days post op
during the healing process i used neosporin. since i've always been a cocoa butter user i started applying that once they were healed. i am thinking about ordering "scarparin" to see if that would helpt to reduce the scars.

I haven't taken any pictures lately but i will.