Unsure

I am thirty six I had alot of hanging skin around...

I am thirty six I had alot of hanging skin around my eyes so i decided to do the Blepharoplasty.My doctor told me i should also do a lateral brow lift to give it a boost ,Its been one week now and im kind of concerned that my right eye looks unfocused like its stuck in place and wont move ,he told me it will get better when the swelling goes down but almost all the swelling has gone down . He also told me that he doesnt cut your hair doing the brow lift what i didnt know was how much hair you lose from the shock to your body i guess is what they tell me my bangs are so thin it looks like a bald spot along with the side of head i have a bald patch . I feel like a freak and i cant see any improvement on my face . I have to get out in the real world tomorrow im so afraid because i hate the way i look . I cant even stand to look in the mirror . I was a bit insecure before but now im a mess and wonder what i got myself into . Vicky

I had an upper bleh about 3 1/2 months ago and I felt the same way you guys did! Recently after the surgery I was disappointed with my eyes. They were swollen and puffy and everyday I woke up I saw no improvement. But TRUST me it gets so much better! It's been almost 4 months and my eyelids are STILL changing. The swelling goes down day by day. I still feel my right eyelid is a little higher but i think even that will change with time (I hope) but I think you guys and myself included are just being very percise because it's such a drastic change that were not used to. But trust me they will get better. I see this post was written awhile ago so maybe you guys can tell me if anything has changed...hope everything is better!
Im not being mean im just saying mine looks like yours but its like 50 percent what yours is ,
I know you didn't mean it to be mean. It is just sad to hear that someone who is earlier post-op than me looks better. It is discouraging to say the least. I'm glad yours looks better, though. I wouldn't wish what I'm going through on anyone.
My eye looks like yours daisy but mines like half as bad as yours is , i just keep hoping its swellling and will go down , I hope they can do something with yours , Vicky
Man, that hurts.
Vicky, The stitches I have left are under the skin, I have one stitch on each side. It is supposed to give the lower lid support while it heals, I suppose. I was told they would dissolve in a couple of weeks, but that was five weeks ago. If you look at my last picture I posted, you can see a pucker on my right eye. That is the stitch. I have one on the left also, but it just looks like a knot. I saw my doctor yesterday, and he said that if my left eye doesn't improve, in three months he can open the upper lid incision up just a bit and use one stitch to raise the lower lid. I asked him if this was the same thing as a canthopexy, and he said, no. The whole thing is so scary. It is hard not to get a little angry at how the whole thing was explained to me from the beginning, like it was no big deal, and I would love it. Everyone has a natural crease in the very outside corner of their eyes, where their top and bottom lids meet, it's a very small line. Mine is pointing down, so I just don't know if my left lower lid will improve or not. It seems hard to believe that that will just go back up. I'm trying real hard to have hope. Yes, the scars are still there, and to me, very noticeable. The one on the right is more noticeable though. They are really hard to cover with makeup still because it just fills the crease of the scar, which looks funny. I would never want to go through anything like this again, but if it doesn't get better, I feel I have no choice but to let him try and fix it. I have an appt. with an occuplastic surgeon in April, and hopefully he will say the same thing my doctor is telling me. Fingers crossed. I will end up posting another question to the doctors asking about this one stitch thing to fix the lower lid.
Daisy i just cant figure out how to get in your pictures ive tried clicking on your name and that but i cant figure it out please let me know how

I posted a before pic along side a 4 week after pic...go take a look.

Vicky, If you click on my name a list of all the questions and comments i've made should appear. My pictures are attached to the questions i've asked the doctors. My latest was asked about post blepharoplasty swelling. You should be able to click on those, and access my pictures. If that doesn't work click on ask a doctor at the top of the screen. Then, click on blepharoplasty at the right side of the screen. A list of questions pertaining to blepharoplasty should appear, and my latest is kind of toward the bottom, and I believe it is titled post blepharoplasty swelling.
Vicky, I wonder if you had the option to receive a browplexy with a brow suspension by stitches instead of the more invasive lateral browlift? It's just a simpler extension of the blepharoplasty, and it seems like you would have been a candidate for the procedure?
Thanks for your concern jen and daisy i am still in the same boat my eye does have some swelling still behind it so Im just waiting it out Im doing the same thing wearing dark sunglasses and just picking up the kids from school and coming home . I wonder jen how much difference you have noticed in the time if you feel or look younger ? Daisy i was wondering why you still have any stitches in your eye area . Are your scars gone or are they still there ?
Daisy , What has your doctor said your options are if your eye does not get better ? Vicky
I personally don't feel I look that different, just a little more rested maybe, but it's really funny to see people look while talking. Like hmmmm, something is different, but I don't know what. Actually had one co-worker say, "OK Jen, what's up? You look younger, but I can't figure out why." She thought I was wearing different makeup. So to me that is great! Today is week 4. I still have puffy upper's in the morning, but not bad. I no longer resemble Uncle Fester from the Adam's Family, in the mornings, so that in itself is fabulous. This is really the first week that I've started to relax about it and take others advice of not rushing it and to wait and heal. Hang in there hun...time heals ALL wounds! Keep me posted...OK? I wish you nothing but happiness and great results! Jen
Vicky, I couldn't figure out how to send you a private message to reply to yours, so I just posted it here. Unfortunately, not much has changed with my situation. My left eye is still larger than my right. It will be five weeks this coming Thursday. I still have a stitch under the skin that has not dissolved on the right, and a large bag on the left. Every night I go to bed I think tomorrow it might be better, but every morning I am disappointed. I have to give myself a "pep" talk just to look in the mirror. All I can do now is wait 3 to 6 months and hope it changes... drastically. I have little hope for that. Every day gets harder because it is harder and harder to tell myself that it will change, since it hasn't done much changing up until now. I am in a constant state of regret, and disbelief. It doesn't feel like reality, but the sad, sad truth is on my face. It is taking it's toll on my family and friends, as they can only listen to me cry about it so much. I don't go anywhere except to drop my kids off at school and pick them up, all while wearing sunglasses. I quit my job that I have had for 4 years. It is all I can do to make it through a day without sobbing. This is truly the biggest regret of my life, and I would give anything to change it. It is the hardest lesson I will ever learn. However, you are so early out there is still hope for you. Try not to dwell on the things you are dissatisfied about, have hope, and try to trust your doctor.
Hey Vicky, I'm 42, and like you, I have crepey looking skin under my eyes and almost no visible lid on the uppers. TRY not to panic. Tomorrow (Wednesday) will be my 4 week mark. I didn't have the brow lift, but I had the upper and lower Bleph. I was like you though, worried that I had really messed up because for up to 3 weeks I had a very sleepy eyed look. So I was thinking I went from looking tired to looking sleepy. Geez! Anyway, try not to focus too much on how you look now and think about what the end result will be. Even when my swelling went down and I thought I was seeing my results, I was wrong. It keeps improving. My lids are still partially numb, but all in all I think I will be thrilled with the final outcome. My doc told me to give it at least 6 weeks and that even after that it would continue to progress as the scar tissue settles and the feeling returns. Keep me posted as your progress continues and good luck. Jen