53 YO Female - Post Menopausal - 2 Children

First treatment is tomorrow 04/03/2014. I will...

First treatment is tomorrow 04/03/2014. I will update with photos (if possible) and measurements. I have read everything there is to read about the procedure but was really impressed with Whoopi Goldberg's review on The View. I can't wait to share - this does seem like a magic wand. This will be done in a spa under a doctor's supervision.

Day After 1st Treatment

Here are my measurements - WOW - embarrassing, but I'm hoping that I can lose this fat.
Waist: 40"
Hips: 42.5"
Thighs: 27"
Weight: 176
Height: 5'5"
(Uh, yeah I know....FAT, but menopause has not been kind.....and I did love me some cake.) BTW - I have totally changed my bad eating habits...lots of vegetables and an occasional treat - not one every night. I have also started exercising on a regular basis...so I'm working on it.

I had a "hot spot" on my left side. It was uncomfortable - but not unbearable. KR (the aesthetician)adjusted the machine as soon as I let her know and I was able to tolerate the heat. The worst part - boredom. I had to lie still for 30 minutes. I wasn't flat on my back - I had a few towels under the small of my back to prop me up. That was NOT relaxing or comfortable. Also, your hands have to be above your abdomen. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal - but it wasn't the 30 minutes of nap time that other people have posted. None of these issues will stop me from completing treatment (with measurements like mine, who would stop?), but I want to be honest and descriptive for anyone considering Vanquish.

Second Vanquish Treatment 04/09/2014

Second treatment today - and it went much better. No hotspots today. I went the entire 30 minutes without any adjustments. KR asked me at 20 minutes if I needed her to stop....in case I was sweating. Honestly, I didn't sweat at all.

The towel under my back to "prop" me up was again uncomfortable - I just couldn't relax. KR said that she would make a note and we can work on adjusting the towel next time.

Also - the boredom of it all..... I was counting ceiling tiles after 20 minutes. Perhaps if I was more comfortable I would be able to catnap, but uhm no....I was very aware of that stupid towel the entire time.

I do have photos...but man, they are embarrassing. I will post them....soon. UGH

The photos - I am so embarrassed

Here are the photos as promised. This is before treatment....

04/28/2014

Sorry I haven't kept up with my results.

Two things happened recently that are pretty significant. KR asked if I would be interested in extending the length of the treatment time as well as taking away the spacer.
After the first week (04/03/2014) - these treatments have been such a breeze. No hotspots and I've worked out the uncomfortable towel issue. The towel is needed to "splay" my love-handles so they can be "destroyed" by Vanquish. We are using a smaller towel and I know just how to position it.
Sooooo - last week I went for 45 minutes - 40 of which were without a spacer. I do not sweat - so that's why KR thought I would be a great test subject for the extended treatment time. I actually fell asleep - snoring - the whole bit. (Yep - how attractive...snoring....)
Second BIG thing - my BF asked if I was losing weight. YIPPEE - the 2nd spare time is almost gone. Still have a spare tire around my middle - but just one - not two.
I am hoping for spectacular results, now!!! Whoop, whoop.
I TOTALLY want to be first in line when Vanquish is approved for the thigh big-old-butt area. Sleeping and getting rid of my big A$$ and thighs....life is grand.
BTW - I am still exercising 5 times a week and eating a healthy diet. I have really gotten into a habit of attending Jazzercise, so exercising is not horrible any longer....c'mon you totally know what I mean. I didn't get a tummy and thighs like these by being a marathon runner. I HATED to exercise....wasn't there always something better to do?
I have my fourth treatment this week - I'll let you know how it goes.
Ciao Chickas

04/30/2014

Had my 5th treatment yesterday. It went really well and KR did remove the spacer after 5 minutes. I had a total of 35 minutes yesterday - 30 without the spacer.
I was able to wear a pencil skirt to work that I had not been able to zip up for the last year. It looked flattering and I felt pretty good about how I look - which isn't always the case when you look like I do....
Water, water, water.... I have given up the 3rd cup of coffee in the morning and I do not drink any soda at all - not even diet soda.
Still doing Jazzercise 4-5 times a week - so I know that I am also contributing to the results. I think I might even try to wear shorts this summer.
Ciao Chickas.