I have several areas if stubborn fat. I am a twin...

I have several areas if stubborn fat. I am a twin and she had the same issues. Thanks mom! I am going to have lipo to correct. I will be about 12 pounds lighter when I have it, so I will update my review pre-op so you can view more accurate pre-op pictures. Please note that liposuction is a great tool for stubborn fat, but not a good weight loss option (you can research more on your own). I am having my upper and lower abs, flanks, public mons, and maybe a bit on my inner thighs (I will defer to doctors recommendation). Please note that, when you read about my recovery experience, I will also be recovering from a boob job, so my pain and discomfort will be greater. I am also having a lot of areas lipoed so that will yield more pain. So don't panic if you read my pain complaints :)

Pancake butt much?

Backside to give you an idea of the flanks I'm rocking
Thanks for starting a review while you are still pre-op, I can't wait to follow your journey.  Are you currently on a strict diet and exercise regimen to get rid of those 12 pounds?
Hi Jill :-) mostly a diet regiment. I eat very healthy - basically, if it has anything bad or inflammatory in it I don't eat it (I ony eat whole foods). So no bread, alcohol, dairy, sugars of any kind, or preservatives or additives. Also cut out the animal fats. Still do seafood :) I appreciated that you posted... I was beginning to expect tumbleweeds to roll by this review :)
Wow you will lose the weight no problem eating so healthy!  Don't discount taking walks if you don't like working out- hour long walks do wonders :)
Don't worry, your review comments will pick up.  When you add review updates your review will show up higher in the community.  This is a busy community so reviews get buried pretty quickly.

Majorly depressed

Just finished my consult with Dr. Hughes. He is clearly a great doctor - very knowledgable. The reason I am bummed is that the pocket on my stomach can only be lightly lipoed, otherwise he fears loose skin. I have anatomy that causes that. That is a major bummer, but I appreciate his expertise and advice. I am very bummed. We also discussed my wack boobs - lets just say, their wack and it will take a lot to fix. All that being said I think his advice about how to treat it is solid. His prices are a bit out of my reach, though commensurate with the extent of work I need. I'm not an easy case. Thanks universe.

Losin weight :)

I've lost 5 pounds which leaves me 7 to go, but I want to lose at least 10 pounds more. So far I've lost 23 pounds but I still look like the same chubby girl, just smaller! My bf didn't believe it would be the case, but now he gets it. I'm sure some of you ladies can relate :)

One week to go

This coming Thursday I have my final two consultations... Wow, this is coming up so fast! I plan to have surgery on 5/22, and even reserved the slot with one doctor... Looking forward to consults being over. In other news, my weight kiss has been total stymied this week :/ it seems like the universe doesn't want me below 157!!!
I had lipo 36 hours ago. I'm 21, athletic built and i had my upper lower I am done and my flanks. I had 1200 ccs removed. I only have minimal swelling my stomach looks smaller than it did before and my love handles are swollen and pretty much look the same as they did before the surgery. I was wondering if my swelling and minimal bruising is going to get better from here on out or if I will swell more I am young and have very tight skin I'm very satisfied with my results right now but I hope I don't bruise or swell anymore because I have to get back to work in 12 days. I work at tilted kilt so we wear belly shirts. Doc told me I should be ok to go back to work in two weeks, what do you guys think?
Hi Jess, I think you will be more than fine! It was only lipo, just take good care of your self in these recovery days, I heard it's the most important part of surgery. Happy healing!
You should be ok if you have a sedentary job. Congrats! One thing that's important is to be patient - you can experience size fluctuations due to swelling for up to three months, after that, 90% of the swelling is gone in general. Expect fluctuations, expect changes, so do your best not to panic if you have a few days of bad swelling. Did your doc tell you about lumps and hardness post-op? These are very common as well, though people who didn't know to expect it can become alarmed. Even those of is who know what to expect can panic. I recommend you read lots of posts on here of post-op peeps so you can learn all about their journey and experiences so you know what's normal.

Surgery scheduled

Surgery scheduled for late May. Nervous about loose skin :/
Feel I have a good doctor tho
Have u had lipo yet? How r u doing?
Sorry, I was reading above and did not read postings below. Good luck with recovery from lipo. For me it was pretty easy for the immediate afterwards. Good luck.
wish I had gotten the abdomen lipo while I was in there! Then I could just be healing all at the same time and not be self-conscious about the chub on my belly next to what will (hopefullY, they're lookin a little wonky right now) be a beautiful rack

Recovery and after photos

I am a week out of surgery and recovering nicely. I have had close to ZERO pain. Seriously. I have been militant about taking a pain pill every five hours but stopped taking the strong ones because they made it so I couldn't pee (I had a scary two days). Getting in and out of bed is no fun but gets easier when you figure it out. The compression garment is crazy uncomfortable. My pain was a zero my discomfort was an 8. That's how bad it is. Remedy? Baby butt paste. Seriously. It changes everything. The sun shines again, birds sing again. That case if turrets you developed magically disappears. Butt paste is the difference between a discomfort level of 2 and 8. Also... If you get lots of midsection lipo your lady labias will swell and turn black. It's crazy. Don't panic. I'm a week out and mostly back to normal look.
Random Tip- you may think "wow I have no pain maybe I don't need pain pills". THE PAIN PILLS ARE THE REASON YOU ARENT IN PAIN. Don't screw it up by ditching them four days post op. I know peeps who did that and SUFFERED.
Questions? Feel free to ask. Here are some post op pics. Note I'm still very swollen. Also note i gif my boobs done too
You look really great after one week, I want to see your evolution after one month. Contrulations
U r looking great for only 7 days out. Continued good healing.
Thanks! The recovery is actually pretty easy this far thank God, because my personal life has been a wreck and I don't think I could have done both. How is your recovery coming? I know you had been dealing with hard spots

Healing 2 weeks out

Bruising reducing, still present. In low to moderate discomfort at almost all times but if results pan out then worth it. I trust my doctors technical skill and know my result will be as good as it could be.

Update

Looks same

Pics didn't post

Looks same; my diet has been crap since surgery; need to get back on the health track
You look really good, I would love to have your same results. Congratulations
Thanks! My tummy fat is actually a little wrinkly - hoping that gets better, but other than that I am satisfied :)
Your stomach looks freakin awesome, I'm jealous!! Do you have any lumpiness or bumpiness in the lipo'ed areas?

Reality, thou art a harsh bitch

I went shopping just to see how my new shape is on clothes. That part was fab. The scary part was seeing my neked body under the harsh lights. There was loose skin all over, lumps, bumps, and my fat pads looked almost the same as pre-surgery. Oh man that was a blow. I really hope everything tightens up and this is the worst it will be. Now I'm starting to get scared! What if all the swelling goes down and I look like a shar pei :-O
Do not get discouraged the Dr told me it would take 6-12 months to see final results, in fact he said u would see about 50% at 3 months. Good luck.
Thanks so much - hope I follow your path; you seem to look better n better every time you post! I can't imagine how great that must feel!!

Pics

Some look same as before, others you can see what I'm talking about. Forgive fact that I included boobs / I also had my boobs done and am doing a post about that too.
Girl, I'd be happy as hell if my stomach looked like yours!
Really? I think YOU have a great stomach! My doc didn't lipo the fat roll below my boobs so I have a random looking fat roll. I'm sure he had good reason though and I can lose that with some dieting :)
Ok, now I KNOW you're full of it. No one in the world thinks I have a good stomach. Especially in those pics, but hopefully I can whip it into shape before July 4th-big beach day for us. I see no fat roll under your boobs!!!! We'll get back on track...

Wrinkly/weird when I bend

When I bend at all my upper abdominal skin wrinkles and looks bad. It is my only real concern right now. I hope it doesn't get worse when the swelling goes away. Other than that no real changes. My lower back where all the bruising is hurts a little less and is a little less numb, so that's great :)
He did a great job on your flanks!! And your waist will continue to get smaller as swelling subsides. How many ccs did you get?
I have no idea how many CC's I never asked :) I basically just asked for proportion and for him to use his aesthetic eye. I am curious tho!!! I'll have to ask one day. I do think Ilook better than before but still need a good amount of improvement. I'm gonna pop over and check out your post
Are you getting lymphatic massages? I had lipo on tummy, arms, bra roll, flanks, inner and outer thighs. I know, a lot but I had bbl and needed all the fat I could get! Anyway, I was lumpy bumpy. My ps said I didn't need the massages. Everything will break up and I'll heal on my own... I took matters into my own hands and started giving massages. I am getting my sixth massage tomorrow and I swear it has made such a big difference already. My massage lady told me that these massages unnecessary because sometimes the fat will not break up on its own or you can heal uneven. I've also seen a few real self drs on here say they believe massages are more important than wearing the garment eg: salama... Anyway, I think it's making a difference for me. I feel it helps the swelling go down too. I didn't start until two weeks post. Happy healing!! Xoxo

Bruising reducing; loose skin watch 2014 commences

My bruising is reduced. I am concerned abou the loose skin when I bend. Hoping it subsides or at very least doesn't worsen. Satisfied with other aspects of the lipo
I just looked at ur pictures again. U have such a great figure that I would be very happy to have it just the way it is. I really do think that time will tightened up any loose skin.
Thanks so much CM! It's weird - i look decent sometimes and bad others. Sometimes it literally looks like nothing was done to my stomach. My skin isn't "draped" properly all over - it's an odd look. I am trying to tell myself it is normal and to be patient :) I also remind myself how fab you look!!!
Thanks PinchPoke.

No change

Things look relatively similar; some days I think I look great and others I'm like "what did I do!?!?" Loose skin seems an issue hoping it resolves and DOESNT get worse.
In clothes it's fab. But I do think I look bigger overall - I think I'm more swollen than a normal person at 5 weeks.
I still have swelling and mild discomfort. I also still have induration lumps bumps and areas of numbness but none of these things concern me. I think my progress is normal/ accelerated. It's very difficult for me mentally wondering if the loose skin will stick around /get worse. They say have patience. That's just not who I am do I'm going crazy.
I still wear my compression garments and got a corset to target the tummy. We will see!
I m trying velashape after lipo . 1 year post op n months post revision . Had bbl done n lipo on abdomen . Skin is loose n my surgeon recommended velashape to tighten up n firm stomach n smooth out bumps n lumps
Let me know how it goes!
ya started a blog under vela shape, have one already under BBL .

Steady as she goes

No change over last several weeks that I can see
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks! I will definitely check it out

Same

No change. Need to lose weight.