'Shave a Little off the Top' – White Plains, NY

After responses on RealSelf, I had to meet Dr....

after responses on RealSelf, I had to meet Dr. Ciardullo for myself. besides the 2 silly negative comments, all the positive comments are Very Very True! From the moment I picked up the phone to contact Dr. Ciardullo's office to scheduling the surgery date- I have had the Best experience ! Bobbi who works at the front desk is so calming, genuine, and knowledgable and is always there to answer questions. Vera works at the front desk as well every so often, and when a scheduling conflict in my personal life arose, she did Everything in her power to help me change my surgery date. Dr. Ciardullo's team is so patient and personable. they treat each individual with so much care!!

Ok so let me tell you my thoughts this far on the man himself, Dr. Robert Ciardullo. I had recently gone under a fairly intense sinus surgery that really changed my life... however, I was/ still very unhappy with the appearance of my nose. (I had Balloon Sinuplasty, Sinus Turbinectomy, 4 Polyps removed and a deviated septum straightened out) I was hesitant that doing something cosmetic could alter all the work that was done. The average person wouldn't say my nose is horrible, but I have a hump that drives me crazy, and it also droops slightly downward. when I first told my boyfriend he was upset since he couldn't understand why I spend thousands on something that's not wrong. he still thinks it looks fine, and wants me to know he likes the way i look now. but after taking time to digest that this was something I was serious about, he took a step back and understood it was really important to me and he had to be supportive. now he just wanted to come with me to any consultations to make sure we both liked the surgeon and he could have any of his questions answered too. So, about a week ago my boyfriend and I made the journey to White Plains to see if I would like Ciardullo as much as I thought, and if cosmetic surgery would affect the results of my sinus operation.

From the moment I first saw him in the waiting room he was greeting a patient and waved and said 'Hi' to me. if you've met surgeons or any doctor really that have such an Incredibly High reputation, it is very rare that they'll be so sweet and friendly!!!!! AND that they'd spend the time to come out into the waiting room to greet clients! So right off the bat we felt good about him. When we sat down, he introduced himself and gave us a brief history of his background. He then asked if I would mind if he could show me what he thought about why I wanted rhinoplasty. He nailed it right on the head! ( or nose, if you will :) ) As I was mentioning about the sinus surgery-I explained it to him and came with my notes from the ENT so he took me into his exam room to take a look. he explained exactly what he would do, and where the challenges would lie- because of my nose structure. he was honest...answered all my questions and SO patient!!! we then got to see the recovery room which could had two beds, and the surgery room. So, his office had a full exam room, recovery room for two, and a surgical room! he would do the surgery with a nurse and the anesthesiologist- who he frequently does surgeries with.

Oh.. incase anyone questions his experience, he's done over 3,000 noses!! I'd say he Nose What he's doing! Most Plastic Surgeons typically do Breast augmentation and liposuction as their number one performed operation, and although Dr. C does a lot of these as well... his number One surgery is rhinoplasty. We were with Dr. C for a good amount of time and Never felt rushed. When I showed him my packet of about 15 papers from my ENT surgeon he looked through Everything and then spent the time to read all 3(NON double spaced) papers of surgery notes. I think that was the moment I was sold on Dr. C. He valued the fact that i did not want to affect my previous surgery and wanted to know what he would be working with. I'm so so so happy I met with him!!! I'm also going to be out of work a week after and figured I'd be bored so ill keep everyone posted on the post operative!

Ps- the next day I thought of something quick I forgot to ask him so I left a message about 7pm and heard back from the office around 11am the next day and got to speak to him!

**sorry this is written while watching a movie- so it's not organized/written too well.

ill figure out how to blur my eyes and post 'Before' pics, or send me your email if you are really curious.

You will not regret your choice! Can't wait to see photos! I had surgery september 2013.. 6 months post op at the moment.

before pictures

here are some pictures I had in my phone. as you can see my nose is not Terrible, but when I smile it is hooked/curved downward... from certain angles you really can't tell much but I tried to pick the ones that show this the most. the frontal view shows that my nose is fairly wide which ill be getting slightly thinner.

Don't worry about anyone coming on this site lol NO ONE has found me yet! Everyone on here is a member for the same reasons as us or looking to get surgery... everyone is so supportive. Your nose changes like crazy afterwards... Believe everyone when they say to be extremely patient!!! Your nose swells up so much it looks so wide and fat from the front haha and you start to question what was done because it only looks good from the profile for a while. Expect the worst of swelling for the first 3-4 months ;) You will literally wake up one day and be like "wow and I almost regretted this" haha! Good luck!!! So excited for u!
Hello !! Plz keep us updating . I'm considering Dr. C for my rhinoplasty as well . I can't way to see the amazing results .
realself is so addictive when one is considering surgery! please update us! I am considering Dr. C myself! also, do you have a septum deviation? It's so hard to a surgeon someone who is good at making a crooked/unsymmetrical nose look good.

rhino on april 17th

moved my surgery date to april 17th. just need to see my GP for pre-op stuffffff. do u guys think that Arnica really makes a difference ?

Hey! I got mine done on April 11th and let me tell you, Arnica, pineapple juice and spinach is a lifesaver! I am 4 days post op and almost all swelling is gone and my bruising (minimal from the beginning) is yellow which means final stages. I loaded up on spinach the few days before (salad with some cheese and ranch, yum) and my bleeding stopped around 5pm on the day of the surgery. Get the Arnica pills, start drinking pineapple juice NOW, and eat spinach. This recovery has basically been a piece of cake compared to what I thought it was going to be but I really think it was because I prepared so much.
Anne u are awesome !!! thank you! ironically had a salad with spinach today but ill be sure to get more in me before the 17th! thank you so much if u feel comfortable enough you'll have to send pics I'm sure you'll be looking great ! are you sleeping laying down ?
Certainly! I have a ton on my phone from each day and will upload them tomorrow. The pills would be your best bet by the way, and I started two days before the surgery. I am sleeping in the bed and my darling boyfriend has been couch surfing since Friday :). I didn't want any accidental bumps in the night. I got a body pillow which helps prop me up and keep my elevated without it being too uncomfortable! The pain pills help with sleep as well and since I am so used to get up with my dog at 7, I take my antibiotic another pain pill, clean everything up and add the ointment and go back to bed for another few hours! :) Don't worry too much. It is different for everyone but my experience has been really easy so far! Can't wait till Friday to get the cast off!

Day of Surg

I called around 9:30am and they asked me to be there at 11:30 .. I was rhinoplasty #3 of the day so everyone was nice and warmed up :-). I did my little pre-op today as well and allllll my questions were answered before I even asked ! Dr.C is such a warm man and he even went into the lobby and said hi to my bf before I went under which meant so much to both of us. the nurse(I really think her name was Eileen?) she's a Beautiful mother with blonde hair and if you get her, consider yourself in the best hands possible. she was so patient and I don't mind needles/blood.. even pain really but bc I watch way too many horror movies, I always think im going to wake up during surgery. which isn't Realy possible anyway since she explained how I won't be paralyzed so god forbid something like that happened they would notice before I did! so it was off to a wonderful start. we did pre-op pics, Dr. C re-read my sinus surgery notes so he knew what he was up against(had sinus surgery in 2012) and was So incredibly patient looking at my photos that I printed at CVS of noses I like (some of them I actually copied from u guys here that he did! hope you don't mind, and I threw them out after) the anesthesiologist was friendly and charismatic as well. but the nurse Eileen was really the best part. she told me how she enjoys DR C more than anyother doctor bc he is so humble and honest and helpful. he's not a typical plastic surgeon that thinks their sh** doesn't stink. Eileen explained why she was putting the pads on my legs- for circulation and rubbed my hand to relax me and Bam. woke up in recovery!

I had the ice eye mask on which felt good and of course it was uncomfortable, they just chiseled my nose down pretty much! but definitely DEFInItly bare able. I saw my bf and held his hand and was a little loopy- dr c checked on me too and explained everything went well, especially bc he warned me that depending on what my ENT did, it could limit what he would be able to do.
SO if you can't tell we're big fans of DR C but I want to tell you guys another reason. I'm 27 years old and this is the 4th surgery I've in my life(Knee/ACL, back surgery, and sinus surgery). and after u wake up all groggy the surgeon always stops in to see u. But, that's it.... you see him for a minute or so and that's it. DR C followed Back up with me to see how I was feeling. and the best part was that he was removing a cast off a young girl and introduced us! he was so proud and he looked Stunning!!! this gentleman loves what he does and makes us Look so good! he is very unique
I wish I could remember who told me to bring the airplane neck pillow that was my favorite part of the hour long ride back to LI. my throat was Extremely sore so the nurse have me water before I left and chloraseptic cherry throat drops for ride home(I definitely recommend taking a pain killer with her, then buying extra of these throat drops)

so we got home, Mike ran into my favorite soup place and filled the antibiotic and pain killer(haven't even taken pain killer-Tylenol extra strength is working fine)
I googled all these cute ice masks for my face but truthfully , the nurse said frozen peas or veggies work fine and she's right. they mold to your face. make sure to cover forehead and under eyes. she gave me a soft sock like material to lay down on my face first which helps so it's not too cold
drinking with a straw made it easy and honestly after the soup and a slice of pizza we had to change gauze- accidentally leaned down a little and it is still bleeding

so day of surgery was Not bad at all!! just uncomfortable waking up. ps- Dr. Ciardullo does not endorse of even ask anyone to write here. this is solely on my own will. he does read these time to time though! bc he saw my first review! I love knowing he is so involved in the after care... most surgeons may have been more 'wham bam thank you ma'am' and once surgery is over they're gone... not Dr C !! :)

Yay! Doesn't it feel great to finally have it done?! I wish you the best in recovery. Keep us posted :)
Good luck recovery:) I'm glad your ok
thank you sunflower! :)

Day 2

sleeping was difficult, only bc I couldn't fall asleep, and slightly uncomfortable but it was the first night ! today bruising Really came out big time. Oh- I feel like I didn't sleep well bc I should've taken a pain killer to help me sleep but the CVS by my house ran out of the pain killers! so we got some around noon. I felt a little woozy and slight throbbing but honestly it's really not bad. my mom stopped over and we had some sushi and soup. I gave her a makeover... lol I'm a little bored here. hope everyone's doing well !

Yay! You did it! How do you feel? The worst was being bored (netflix!!) , sleeping upright and the sore throat! Ugh ugh. Your too cute you took pix of his patients with you! Waiting til the cast comes off is so nerve wrecking! I wanted to yank mine off myself... Got a lil itchy on the 5th day
hi lilm I'm happy to hear that this is normal. I really feel fine it's just so annoying I will OCCASSIOnALly get itchy and I'd like to peel this bad boy right off too. ! I'm taking the pain MEDS almost to just calm me down from bring agitated with it. I had pics of noses he's done from here and then one of Ashley Tisdald and Ashley Simpson. lol. luckily he didn't know who they were otherwise he may have judged me as some high school musical freak. Ahaha. thanks for your post ! you're at the point where I can't wait to be!! do u remember any tips to help u sleep ?
thank you , you are 100000% right !!! you look absolutely stunning love following you, Winghart!

Day 3

helpful recovery tips:
-ice water with straw close by
-using peroxide and q-tips a few times a day cleaning out nose
-saline spray
-a nice toner(since we can't really wash face a nice toner like Clarins around bandage keeps skin clean)
-chap stick
-lip scrub(I love Sara Happ lip exfoliater but use brown sugar and Vaseline! it cleans lips and makes them so much less dried out and more plump!)
-recorded episodes of Real Housewives. or whatever you choose
-medical sock/cloth to put bag of frozen peas in for face
-cough drops
-pain killers (if not for pain, to help sleep!)
-soft and firm pillows to prop you up on couch /bed

Hello !! Happy Easter . I hope your doing great in your recovery . Eat healthy and be patience . I can't wait to see you the day after the cast revome . I always read all your contents to see how everging is going . I'm so excited and emotional for you . Take care .
Nina I love you you're the most caring person! thank you! if you ever have any questions about the procedure please let me know! I'm trying to write it all out. Happy Easter to you too!!! I need to eat healthier I'm glad you said that. I've been having these vitamin C cough drops as if they're candy! :-x
Ahhhh! I can't wait to see your results! I just had my nose done a month ago by Dr. C and couldn't be happier! I'm sure you'll be just as thrilled with your results!

PAIN day 5

so please please please spread this... noone really pushes you to take Colace or a stool softener post surgery and if you're taking the pain killers you NEED It !

pain killers cause you to get 'backed up' and not produce normal bowel movements. if this happens I can't lie it hurts.. A LOT I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible cramps and realized I didn't start taking Colace or a stool softener soon enough. Stool softeners do Not make you immediately 'have to go' or explode in your pants... nothing crazy like that lol it just regulates you so you don't get backed up.

literally I can't stress it enough! just pop some of these pills with any pain killer.. you won't regret it !!
my bruises are changing, becoming more yellowy which I heard is one of the final stages of bruises.
can't wait Til cast removal on Thursday eeeeee!!!

Yep I bought Prunelax as part of my post surgery supplies but didn't start taking them right away. It was a little uncomfortable at around five days post op as well.
A neck pillow!!! And pain killers knocked me out. Neck pillow saved my neck and kept my head in place.
thank you girl!!! after you got cast off did u drive up for another post op appt?

DAY 7 CAST OFF !!

yayy took the cast and the stitches out!( the stitches were from nostril tucking). I can't get over how swollen it feels. it's literally extremely sensitive. but I'd muchh rather have this than the cast!
if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out to me I'm happy to talk about my excellent experience with Dr. C and Bobbi and Loretta *** I apologize I wrote the wrong Nurses name in my last post... I meant Loretta! she was the MOst wonderful nurse to have day of surg! I'm looking forward to my follow up just to see Dr C and Bobbi again.

truthfully I like that theres no hump on my nose anymore but I can't tell if I love it yet bc I'm still adjusting... and of course it's swollen .

did anyone experience Drooping post rhinoplasty ?? it's really when I smile but I'm a little nervous
You are gorgeous! Can't wait until we get to see your beautiful smile again. Hope you'll post more pics.
Helloooo !! Yes the cast is off :) you're looking good ,nice profile . I Believe it will get better every day . More important you are feeling very happy :D plz keep updating . Take care !!

little worried

I see a lot of you posting that you look a little 'pig-ish' post surgery so I was anticipating that. however, I am 2 weeks post op and I have Drooping. only when I smile and it's more prominent on one side ...did anyone else experience this? I heard the tip will drop more as it heals but I must be honest I'm a little concern. my nose is slightly crooked(to begin with) and that doesn't bother me as much as the droop when I smile. let me know what u guys think! I need to schedule my 1 month visit and wonder if I should call beforehand about this

Regarding the constipation- probiotics worked wonders. I started them a month before and took them 3 times a day post op and no constipation! And I took the hell out of hydrocodone. Also no diarrhea with antibiotic. I swear by them!
hi meg thank you!! that's so good to know !!! I heard those probiotics are great for you too
well, i would feel the same concern as you i'm sure. my tip droops, and it's one of the worst probs for me! i hope my doctor will upturn my nose extra in case it falls somewhat after the surgery! the last thing i can do is a revision. i need this to be final. so, i am going to an expert and hoping for the best. i hope yours will lift a bit after swelling goes down! either way though, you look so pretty and the bump is gone!

3 1/2 weeks post op

I sound crazy, but my last post about the 'hump"...... It's actually not a true hump. Just an illusion from the bridge on opposite side of my nose. dr C was so easy to get in touch with to talk about this... I'll see him in a month to check it out as well. Turns out my concern is more of the 3/4 view smile... Not my profile. Oh and when I smile straight forward I'm not loving that either but hey, I'm only 1 month post op still swollen and changing! How's everyone else's recovery ?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

almost 4 weeks post op

Picturessss. sorry forgt to add in last post

hey, I had my surgery with Dr. Grigoryants 10 days ago, but I considered Dr. C also. I am having some concerns about my nose as well, particularly I feel like it looks very plastic. Did you feel that way at any point?
hey !!! so I wasn't sure what u mean by 'plastic' so I looked at your pics. I'm Ovsessed with your nose bc I don't feel mine was 'upturned' enough after surgery and it Definitely drops (becomes less piggish) your nose looks awesome and I know what you're saying about 'plastic' but i actually wish my nose looked MORE done-up/plastic. 10 days is So so so early. at the 2 week mark I called my doc with concerns but he did explain its still so early and it's going to change. you're still Extremely swollen so it's going to stand out more than it will months away- so I would say that the 'plastic' look is goog to fade big time. I really love how your nose came out.
hey, thanks so much for the encouraging message. I dont think he did a bad job per se but I hate how much he took away from my tip. I really miss my round tip. it looks really odd now and I am having a major identity crisis when i see myself in the mirror. I know it's still early to tell. I have seen the way noses progress through time on a couple of diagrams I googled, so i know it will change, but i am just shocked, because this is not what i envisioned. how do you feel about your nose today? and how long has it been at this point since the surgery?
White Plains Plastic Surgeon