Rhinoplasty Adelaide, SA

I turn 35 this year and for my birthday I am...

I turn 35 this year and for my birthday I am giving myself a new nose!
I have quite a big dorsal hump on the right side of my nose - more so than on my left side. I find my nostrils are particularly long as well, especially when smiling. What I'm hoping for is my hump shaved and my tip slightly smaller - so it is more feminine for my face. I have a typical Italian nose. It has given me grief for many years. I avoid taking photos on my right side. Even driving alongside someone is torture! It's given my quite low self-esteem.
I have my first consultation with Dr Peter Sylaidis from APSA in the city tomorrow and hoping for surgery in early September this year.
I have downloaded a plastic surgery simulator to get a rough idea on what I'm hoping for!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'll update photos as much as I can :)

First Consultation!

Had my very first consultation yesterday at APSA with Dr Sylaidis. Consultation was $160 - but if you bring in a doctor's referral Medibank will reimburse quite a bit back. Dr Sylaidis told me to look in the mirror and tell him what I didn't like about my nose. Front on, not much at all. I like the shape. It was the protruding dorsal hump and the length. We took some photos - he told me he didn't feel my nostrils were a problem at all and convinced me I didn't need work on them.
This was a great sign - a doctor who was genuinely honest and could have made more money for himself, but didn't! I looked at his before and after photos and they were amazing. Very skilled doctor. He has been doing rhino's for at least 20 years.
I had a computer generated image of my side profile taken and he started "fixing" it on the screen - straightening the hump, narrowing the bridge and lifting the tip just a fraction. My procedure was a stock standard one and would take just an hour to do.
Dr Sylaidis then went through what to expect with recovery and told me that revision surgery is always an option.
I was then taken to his Personal Assistant, Ali, who was lovely (we had been corresponding through email prior) and she told me the rough price of it all - even looking at the cheapest hospital to do it at. It would be approximately AU$7k including surgeon's fees, anesthetist fees and hospital fees. I was beyond delighted - I was expecting at least $10k. They also encourage payment plans with MediPlan for those who need financial assistance.
Overall I left feeling quite over the moon! I'm so ready for change and feel very confident after this consultation. The second one in a few weeks will be free!
I'll update my progress upon my second consultation!
Feel free to ask any questions :)

2nd Consultation

I had my 2nd consultation at the APSA this morning. It was a free consultation to see if I had any further questions. I asked about revision surgery - Dr Sylaidis doesn't charge for revision, but there are costs from the hospital and anaesthesia which could be around the $1500 mark.

Dr Sylaidis showed me my 3d image again - and told me exactly how he would remove my dorsal hump through incision. I will be going to the Burnside hospital and booked to go in September. I like how Dr Sylaidis does natural nose jobs - he likes to just refine the nose. This is what I wanted - I did not want a completely different look.

After the consultation I met up with his personal assistant, Ali, who is just lovely! We booked in the hospital and went through all the forms and guidelines with me. I don't need further consultations - If I have any more questions closer to the date, then I can make one but it's all booked in. I will be the first 7am patient :)

More photos

Surgery scheduled for the 17th September. Just adding some more pre-op pics of my nose. I hate taking side profile pics but I can't run from it :(

Photos, photos, photos

Photos pre-op

Dorsal hump pic

6 weeks and nervously counting

6 weeks to go and I LIVE on this site. I want to thank everyone for their honest stories and support. It's somewhat comforting to know that most of us get so nervous thinking about our upcoming procedure! I keep having dreams about it too - has anyone experienced this?? Anyway here's another photo from front - you can see the hump and my point a little too droopy.
Dr Peter Sylaidis

So far I haven't had any nose dreams! I definitely won't be watching any nose surgeries lol!! I'm to big of a chicken. Good luck with your surgery.
Your surgery is a day after mine! Congrats and good luck.
Thank you! Good luck to you too!! I just watched an episode of Botched and saw a rhino procedure. I do not recommend it hahaha!!
Good luck! I had the dreams too before surgery about how happy I would be after surgery. I wasn't disappointed! Congrats on your decision!!
Thank you so much!! I can't wait for it - I've been saving all year for this!! I love your post pictures and only hope mine turns out the same as you!!!
Excited for you! I had a very large hump, and it's such a cool feeling to run my finger down my nose and no longer feel it! Good luck, and I know you'll find tons of support here as I did.
Thank you so much!! Haha I cannot wait to to be humpless!!! How's the swelling going for you?
The swelling is still there almost 9 weeks Po, but it gets better weekly. It's the worst in the am. When the dr's say it takes a full year or more to recover they're not kidding around. My tip is still stiff and numb and the inside of my nose still feels weird. It's a process you have to be patient with. It will be so worth it though!
Have you exercised since surgery? I'm an avid gym freak!! I love running and doing weights - but I'm positive it's going to make my recovery a lot longer (I will take a break for 4 weeks as they request) I will be patient - as long as it looks better post surgery than pre hahaha!
I am a gym nut!! I love to run, spin, strength train. The harder the workout the more I love it, so taking a break has been very hard. Definitely listen to your doctor's recommendations and when you're given the green light listen to your body. I thought I would be able to jump right back in but it's been a slower going process for me. It sucks, but I have to respect what my body is telling me. I'm keeping me diet on track though, and I did lose 12 lbs after surgery so gaining weight hasn't been an issue for me- thank god!
Wow!! How long did you wait until you started exercising again?? It really is my only other big concern - I am so much happier when I'm fit and healthy!!
Excited to follow your journey! My nose is similar to yours too and I can't wait to get this surgery over with! Best of luck to you!
Thanks so much hun! I see yours is happening December? It will come along so quickly - the last few months have flown and slowly getting nervous! Best of luck to you too and will update once I have surgery :)
Thank you! Yes, I would love to do it sooner but I am a teacher and I am having it done over christmas break so I don't have to take off work and will have two weeks to rest before going back to work! I am sure the time will fly by. Just reading lots of other peoples stories to calm my nerves.
Good idea - I think the first few weeks of recovery is vital. It is very calming to know the majority are feeling the same worries and excitement!!
I'm excited to see your post op pictures! My nose is similar to yours, I'm 23 next week and I've hated it since I was 8. It's made me grow up with social anxiety disorder and I would love to have it fixed one day. I know what you mean about driving! There's nothing worse when a cute guy is sat next to me side on :-O I hope everything goes well for you x
Haha I know what you mean - driving is horrible. There is no escaping it!! I hope you can one day - just to give you a confidence boost. I always think surely they couldn't make it worse than it is ;) I'm getting nervous though.....but gotta bite the bullet. Every time I think don't go through with it I get a photo that I loathe (side profile) and that gets back on track to have it done! I'll be happy to share my photos once I've had it done. Many thanks hun x
My dr recommended the same for me--remove bump, narrow the bride and subtly lift the tip. I've got a Greek nose and I'm hoping that those improvements will be enough! Best of luck to you :)
We are blessed with ethnic noses ;) Good to hear you're having the same done. Will be good to share stories and pics. And the best of luck to you too :)
Good luck with your op. Im 4 months post revision op. Best thing i ever did. I went with Dr Mark Moore for first op - he didnt do a great job. For my revision surgery i went with dr stephen floreani (ENT) , he has done an amazing job. I have her sylaidis is also good.
Thank you! There's two Dr Moore's - is that right? Where does Mark work? There's one at the Cavalry and one at APSA. I've heard about Dr Floreani! I don't have any sinus problems, so mine is purely for cosmetic reasons. Do you have any photos? :)
I saw dr moore from calvary hospital. I do not recommend him at all! It was recommended to me to only have rhinoplasty done by an ENT, so thats why i chose floreani the second time round. I do have photos, i could email them to u if u like??
Really? I've heard the opposite - don't use them if it's for cosmetic reasons haha. Too much conflicting information, isn't there!! Oh wow - I have heard of the one from Calvary. Not good :( I'd love to see pics - inbox me :D
Yes there is way too much conflicting information. How do i inbox you??
Congrats on your upcoming surgery! You really are already beautiful, and I'm sure the new nose will just enhance that and boost your self esteem! Good luck! It can be nerve wracking waiting those last few weeks/months. You will do great and be so happy you made this decision!