Can't Find A South Florida Denist Willing To Give Me Low/No Prep Veneers!

I had Invisalign to fix crooked teeth caused by...

I had Invisalign to fix crooked teeth caused by crowding, but am still not happy with my smile. I've wanted veneers for years, but can't undergo the traditional procedure due to anesthetic allergies. I've had numerous consults, but can't find a dentist willing to place veneers, telling me that my natural teeth are "too pretty" (says who?), and keep getting told to opt for bonding (something I DON'T want). I love & want a more artificial "Hollywood" smile. I'm feeling defeated, what should I do?

Sigh, what I would give to have your teeth :-) Honestly, they look great. If you must fix the little scalloping on the laterals, do it with composite bonding. It may need to be replaced in 10 years or so, but so will veneers or anything else. Also, please consider that most people who get veneers or crowns start with teeth that are problems so they are much more likely to be happy with the outcome. There is so much that can go wrong in this process and you will lose a significant amount of tooth structure. Many people do not end up happy with their cosmetic dental result, feeling their teeth are bulky or unnatural. I expect this is why most dentists don't want to do the work; they think this is very likely. And once the money is spent and the tooth structure has been filed off, there's no going back. So I would suggest starting with bleaching and then bonding which won't damage your teeth, is less expensive and can give you an idea if you like the look. Another positive of bonding is that they can add and alter once it's on - with veneers, they really can't be changed once they're on. Best of luck!
Hey!  Have you gone to anymore consultations lately?
Question about bonding.....can they be whitened or when they stain are you screwed? In all your opinion What would be better, bonding, crowns or veneers?
None of those options can be whitened, only natural teeth can be. Veneers keep their color longer than bonding, but bonding is cheaper to replace if they do end up chipping or staining.
Exactly.  And crowns are more invasive than veneers, since they go all the way around the tooth and are quite thick.  A lot of prep has to be done on the tooth before a crown can be attached, which means you lose a lot of tooth.  You don't want that to be healthy tooth if at all possible.  When something goes wrong with that, it's a root canal, and then the tooth is dead and the next step would be an implant.  Doctors generally recommend that you go as conservative as you can to get the results you want.
There's a very interesting thread on Lumineers specifically that one of our very active doctors participated in.  It's interesting reading for sure:  The Pros and Cons of Lumineers, After the Fact.  The review itself is interesting, but the comments are also really worth reading.
I just checked it out! I actually asked the Dr. if he could take a quick look at my post and see if he could give me any advice. Hopefully he'll see my comment and respond! It really looks like a lot of mixed reviews about them =/
Yeah.  Doctors tend to get a lot of stuff coming at them, so he may not even have notifications on (and hence may not know you asked him a question).  But no reason not to try :D
I think your teeth look perfect already! But I understand completely wanting to get them fixed up a bit as did I. But honestly, you have a fabulous smile and teeth already! Just my opinion :)
Thanks Peggy, I appreciate the kind words =]
I agree. Leave them alone.
Don't do it! The thing you don't realize is that they get old & have to be redone later. When I got veneers in the 80's they were $100 a tooth. They are now $1200-1500 a tooth. Mine will cost more for because I have to get my old ones taken off before new ones are put on. I have staining around the edge where the veneer meets the natural tooth. I also have some chipping. I have wanted to redo them for the last 7 years. But kids come along & houses. How long do you think you will live? How long do veneers last? Just food for thought!
I do understand that it's something I'd have to do about every 10 years, but considering I want a no-prep veneer right now (no tooth resurfacing), I wouldn't be sacrificing any tooth structure.
Mine were supposed to be reversible! I said no filing my teeth down. After I was sitting in the chair ready to go the day of the procedure they said they need to gently file them a wee bit shorter. Mine are NOT ground down to little stubs. They are mostly my tooth. (All my tooth on the sides with a veneer on the front) They put some sort of etching solution on them to roughen the surface so that the veneer would attach. My dentist are told me that once you have veneers you can't go back. My problem is I really don't know what they look like underneath! I'm scared to take them off & I need to find someone I trust! I will be visiting another dentist. Hopefully things changed & they really can reverse them. If you are going to do it I have a few thoughts for you. 1)Do you really, really trust your dentist? Be sure you trust your dentist. Look at his work. Be sure he shows you other patients that he has successfully done. 2) Do you show any gums over the top teeth when you smile? If you don't show any gums then the no prep would probably work for you. If you have a gummy smile at all, it will probably look fake. 3) I wish you the best of luck! What is the no prep veneer that you are doing? I'm checking out all of my options!!!
I somehow failed to realize about the whole anesthesia allergy.  I think that's the main problem you're facing at this point.  Really fantastic-looking veneers require that the doctor can do whatever shaping necessary.  I also see that's why you were thinking Lumineers.  Are you allergic to all forms of anesthesia, or just novocaine and the like?  Does the regular dentist give you nitrous or have you had all of your fillings done without anesthetic?  Or maybe you've had no fillings!

More details, please :).  So good to finally have a place to talk to you *LOL*.
I'm actually allergic to tons of things, medications, foods, etc., and the problem is that you can't really be test for anesthesia it without it being administered into your system. Based on past experiences, we think I'm allergic to everything in the "cane" family, which seems to be in every anesthesia I've asked about =/ I had two fillings a few years ago to fix teeth I cracked from biting on a tongue ring I had in at the time, and didn't have any kind of anesthesia. I can't have nitrous because I also have asthma lol -___- And I agree, this is the perfect forum for our convo lol!
Man, I hope you never need surgery!  Not that I hope anyone ever needs surgery, but if you can't have anesthetic, that would be really terrible!

One of our people, BatonRougeCutie, who had braces recently got some bonding done to finish off her look, and it looks really good (the lighting's just a little wonky).  I know you'd prefer veneers, and I think you'll find someone if you keep looking, but it is a valid option if you go to someone who's really good and respects your vision, you know?