46 Years Old, 5'8", 159lbs, Ready to Get my Sexy Back! Mommy Makeover with TT, BL with 350cc silicone implants

OK so I am a little late in this as my surgery is...

OK so I am a little late in this as my surgery is 4/7/14 TOMORROW!! But I have been on here and learned a lot through all of the many reviews that I felt like I should also contribute my experience.

I have obviously already gone through the consultation, pre-op appointment, and am paid in full! So I guess this is a fast forward to my surgery, which did I mention it was TOMORROW???!!! LOL! So I have been through every emotion that I have read through these blogs: excitement, fear, anxiety, doubt, guilt, more fear, fear of death, guilt of spending so much money on something like this, fear I will leave my children without a mother, fear of the pain after surgery, fear I will not be ready to go back to work, and so on. If it is a feeling, I have had it. Today, I am more worried (because I have to have something to worry about it appears) about how I will get to my second floor apartment after the surgery. I have help, my wonderful husband will be here with me. But of course I have to worry anyway.

I read the reviews about what to buy, however I wandered through the store and only bought one set of larger PJs and decided I had no idea what I will need. My hubby can run out and get something if we need it. We have a store two minutes away, so it should not be a problem.

I am wondering how to get up the steps, and where to plant myself when I get home. Do I go to the bed, the recliner, I imagine I will need to be propped up, I don't know. Any suggestions??

So I am adding a terrible photo I took myself, I will ask doc for the pics they took. But at least you get the idea of where I am starting off.

Just some history on me, I am 46 y/o and had my first child at the age of 19. I then had TWINS! via C-section at age 30. So I have not seen my flat stomach in a very long time and my boobs have obviously suffered from the pregnancies. I am doing this to feel more confident about myself and to try and hold on the sexy-me that I have left. I am not going to grow old gracefully, I want to stay "young" for as long as I can.

Life is all about having fun, and although we have responsibilities, we need to remember to enjoy the ride while it lasts!!

Thanks for reading, and I will post again as soon as I can :) Wish me luck!

Post Open Day 1

I was actually very relaxed the night before my surgery. I think because it all felt so surreal. I got a good night sleep and woke up refreshed. I was surprised.

Ok so about my surgery. I walked still feeling positive. They brought me and my hubby back and had me take everything off and put on a robe. Then I had to pee in a cup to ensure I want pregnant. Dr. Welsh came in and had me sit on a chair to mark me with the marker. That was embarrassing to me because I always did my best to hide my saggy stomach and boobs and there they were. .. exposed. Ugh!

So the anesthesiologist came in to put the IV in and I was taken to the surgery room. Still quite calm to my own surprise. They put the massaging boots on my legs and the anesthesiologist did his magic because I had a sudden urge to drift off to sleep

The next thing I remember is waking up a bit nauseous. .probably due to the anesthesia. They wheels me to hubs truck and we were home bound. I believe the whole thing took about 5 hours including time in the recovery room. And I forgot to mention that I live on the 2nd floor and managed to get up the stairs with hubby's help. I was nauseous again once getting home but it was probably from being weak and feeling dizzy.

I managed to walk to the bathroom with help but I must say it really hurt. The worst pain out of all of this is from the stretched ab muscles. The pain meds do help so much but getting up is something that I have to endure for a quick recovery.

I sleep a lot which I suppose is good for recovery but I lose track of time. I will post my pic of me in this pretty binder. .lol. and update again tomorrow. Thanks for listening and good luck for all who are going to get their mommy makeover.

spell check or meds. lol

The above is supposed to be titled Post Op day 1.. darn spell check. Lol.

post op day 1

In my binder with my drains. AKA my balls. Lol!

post op day 2

It is hard to know what day it is since I am in and out of conscientiousness from the pain meds. But that's ok. All I want to do is rest. I just got back from my trip to the bathroom and made a loop around the living room. Boy that is a work out. Lol! I also tried to stand more upright than I have been. Just a light stretch. This is quite an experience and I just hope I look as good as I hope under these garments. My boobs feel a bit sore but not too bad. I don't dare look under the garments until my post op appt tomorrow. I will try to get a pic. Thanks for all of the encouragement. It really does help and now I believe I am able to help someone too.

laughing hurts

Note to self...do no watch Americas Funniest Videos or any comedy soon after a Mommy Makeover...cuz laughing hurts!

making progress. ..I think.

End of post op day 2 and I actually felt better getting out of recliner to go to the bathroom then three laps around the living and dining room. Good sign I hope. first post op appointment tomorrow. I will update and hopefully have a new pic. Happy healing to all!

Post Op Day 3 (NO MORE DRAINS AKA BALLS!! LOL)

Well, I woke up this morning and my feet were a bit swollen. I was glad that my post op appointment was set for 11am today so I could show them my feet. I was able to "wash up" and get some sweat pants and tank top on over my girdles. I felt weird being out in the world, and I could feel every bump on the road. When I got there I was greeted by Tamika who has been very helpful throughout this process. She brought me back and before I could say anything she mentioned my feet. We could not figure out what was causing the swelling as I was following all the instructions.

We continued on with the checkup. She removed the TT girdle and removed the dressings from the TT incision and cleaned the area. Then the bra (girdle) was removed. So this was my first real look at myself, and it was a little strange but in a good way. My belly button looked weird but I will let it heal and see what happens.

GOOD NEWS!! they took my drains out. I thought it was a bit early but I guess I wasn't draining enough to keep them in. Let me just say, it felt soooo weird when they were pulled out. I just clenched my teeth, held my breath and the nurse quickly pulled one at a time. I am glad they are gone. No more BALLS!!! LOL!

They decided to send me for an ultrasound of the legs to rule out any threat of a blood clot since my feet were swollen. So we got the dressings and girdles back on and off to the MRI office I went.
I tried to keep thinking it would not be blood clot but I have that little voice trying to make me worry. I got the ultrasound of both legs and the ultrasound tech said there were no blood clots. Boy was I happy about that. I wont go into the poor bedside manner of this woman, but it was the end result that I wanted.

When I got home I received a call from the doctor who told me to remove the TT girdle, and get this...he said because sometimes it makes the smaller patients swell. All I heard was I was a smaller patient==LOL!! never been called that before. So I decided to try it and I am now laying here without it and feel unprotected. My feet are elevated and I hope the swelling goes down.

It was a tiring day, I think I will try to sleep now. I have posted more pics of my day three progress.

Thanks for reading :)

Post Op Day 3 pics

I guess this is progress???

Post OP Day 3 Pics

Does this look like progress??

hated those balls :)

another post op day 3 pic

I think I actually see the potential.

post op 3

Post Op Day 5

It is amazing to me that after a mommy makeover procedure I can sit in my recliner with minimal discomfort just 5 days post op. Since I had to take off my tummy binder on post of day three due to the swollen feet, I am feeling a little unprotected, but since I don't go very far from the recliner or the bed, I guess chances are good that I will be just fine. The swelling in the fee went away but my tummy has since become a bit swollen. Nothing extreme, and they did warn me this would probably happen. So I am just still relaxing because I do not want to ruin my chances for a speedy recovery.

My husband has to return to work tomorrow, which I am not very happy about, but I am pretty self sufficient now and anything I need my twin teenagers will help me out. I have just loved his help and even though he had off 6 days it seemed to fly by. He takes such good care of me and I was enjoying the constant pampering.

The only thing that was bothering me today is the itching. I feel a lot more itchier as the days go by. The stitches on my breasts and TT are feeling tender, and my tummy area is a bit swollen, It feels weird. But other than that I am doing pretty good. I get around the house pretty good, even though I am hunched a bit. I still sleep a lot, and remind myself that it is ok to sleep as much as I want. I will get a shower tomorrow and that should make a work of difference. I then go for another post op appointment on Monday 4/14 to check stitches and my progress.

Good luck to those getting surgery soon or in recovery. My advice is to try not to overthink it all. I did and it just made me more anxious. I finally told myself (yes, me ,myself and I have those talks ) that I found the doctor, I went to pre op, I paid I full, scheduled time off, which all mean I really wanted this, so stop worrying and just do it. I stopped the worrying and everything fell into place. No I did not buy all the supplies on the list, and I never needed them anyway, my hubby kept me fed and hydrated and comfortable. So relax and be positive and you will do great!

2nd Post Op appointment on PO day 7

Wow! today was a tiring day. I got a full shower, washed my hair and changed some of my gauze. Then hubby took me to my 2nd post op appointment. they took some stitches out from my belly button, and took off all the steri-strips off of my TT and on my breasts, cleaned it up with what smelled like alcohol wipes and put all new steri-strips on. The pushing and tugging around my BB was not comfortable but my tummy is still numb so it just felt weird. The doc came in to answer any questions we had and checked my feet since they were puffy on the previous visit. Luckily it seems that was from the TT girdle so he suggested trying a pair of Spanx since they are not as snug. I have to go try some on before I go back to work, because I want to wear it to work. I really miss the protection the girdle provided. All the travel, shower, hair washing, and post op appointment really made me sleepy. I will post updated pics soon. :)

Post Op Day 11

I haven't posted pics in quite a while so here are a two pics I tried to take myself. Looks much different than my before photos. I still feel a bit winded after a shower but I am trying to build up strength little by little so I will be ready for work on Wednesday. Ugh I hope I'm ready. And no one knows at work so I hope I am walking straighter. Well let me know what you all think. Happy healing and good luck to those having surgery today! Especially 52nfab!

before and after

Shapewear

Hello Ladies! so some of you may remember my post op day 3 when I went for my first post op appointment and my feet were swollen. They sent me for an ultrasound and blood clots were ruled out, thank goodness because this was my biggest fear from the beginning. Anyway I got a call from my PS who told me to remove the girdle. The swelling subsided by the next day. At my next appointment, PO day 7 my PS suggested Spanx shapewear. He said his wife used it after surgery. I noticed some ladies here on RS who used shapewear brands from other stores (Target, Walmart, JCP, Macys) so I decided to try them before spending all that dough on Spanx. I went to Target and chose 5 different types of shapewear and went to the fitting room fully knowing this would be a miserable experience. I first tried the high waisted tummy/ab control brief. I pulled it up carefully over my incisions, actually I had to wiggle myself into it- UGH and talk about feeling like a stuffed olive. well I started to think about how this would be at work. I would have to pull this thing up and down over my incision EVERY time I had to go to the bathroom. And being wrapped up so tight is a guarantee I would make a few trips not to mention the damage it would do to the steri-strips on my incisions. So the answer was NO WAY to this one. After the struggle to get this off with out peeling off the steri-strips I stared at my other selections with hesitation and exhaustion. So I grabbed the only one in the bunch that had a hook and eye closure in the crotch. I again did the gentle struggle dance to get this on without ruining my stitches or strips. This particular choice is the Hanes All Over Slim torset bodysuit in firm control size large. I wasn't into the bodysuits because I have a compression bra, but this one doesn't actually cover the boobs, it is like a high waisted shapewear but it has straps that go over the shoulder. I didn't think I would like it but it actually felt great right away and I was standing tall NO HUNCH right away. This was a keeper and it was only $20. I am wearing it as I type this and I was much more active today with it on. I felt almost normal. Hopefully I am far enough out from my surgery day that there will be no swelling, and I think this is not quite as tight as that binder (which I tried again and was still too tight- also a large). Anyway I have high hopes for this shapewear as it will make a world of difference at work. I need the support and wish I got this sooner. I hope I didn't ruin what my end results will look like by waiting to get this. I will post some pics of the shapewear after this update. Please give any advice or share your binder/shapewear stories. I will keep ya posted on how this works out. I go back to work on Wednesday 4/23 so I need to be prepared. Thanks for any input :)

shapewear pics

Sorry my shape wear story was so long . Here are pics and wow don't my boobs look huge. Lol! !!

Swollen!! :(

Hey ladies, its post op day 13 for me and all of a sudden my new books are way more swollen today than any other day. Is this normal??? I thought I was on the road to recovery but this feels like a setback, or could it mean something is wrong? They itch, I guess because they are so swollen all of a sudden. I haven't really freaked out too much through this process but I thought this was odd. I know I still have a long way to be totally recovered so hopefully this is just part of the process. Please share your experience/advice. Thanks!

not new BOOKS-- new BOOBS!!! LOL

again, I really need to proof read better, this spellcheck is insane and I am not on any meds, btw!!! LOL!!! Isn't their a way to edit our posts????????????????

two weeks already??? what?????

Hard to believe it but I am glad the surgery is in the past and all of the "should I or shouldn't I" thoughts are a thing of the past. I am so very glad I didn't chicken out because my mind made up a million reasons why I shouldn't go through with it. I go to the PS today and will hopefully get my stitches removed. Not that I am looking forward to it but it is just another step towards recovery. I will try and take more pics and update about my appointment. Thanks for reading and happy healing!

3rd Post op appointment.

Well I went to the appt and had some stitches removed. My PS uses dissolvable stitches as well as non-dissolving ones that he uses to perfect the look of the TT scar and the round the nipple. So the non-dissolvable stitches were removed as well as the rest of the stitches in my BB. Well I got through it somehow, it wasn't very pleasant but tolerable, but now I itch at the incision sites and it stings a little. Driving me crazy! I am sure this will subside but it is so annoying. So the PS came in and was happy with my recovery so far. I posted earlier that I thought I had a swelling problem and he felt them and said they were nice and soft??? I guess I am just not used to what my boobs are supposed to be, and I never knew anyone that got implants so I have nothing to compare them to besides my old saggy boobs. I guess they would feel swollen next to those old girls.

There was a girl in the waiting room filling out some paperwork, apparently getting a MM soon. She heard that I had one two weeks ago and asked it I was wearing a girdle, I said no and she said "that is so inspiring." Mainly because I was standing tall without the girdle and moving around like my old self. I heard she was really nervous so maybe I made her feel better about her decision. I did not have the benefit of seeing an actual live person walk by me who went to the same doctor and was doing well after their MM. I saw pictures of previous patients, but how wonderful would it have been to actually meet a patient.

Anyway, that is it for today, I took a couple pics after my shower today so I will post them. I have to go get my shapewear on because I am going to my daughters last flag football game. Did I mention she broke her arm last Thursday? So sad, and this is her last game, she was starting center, first year she ever played. I feel so bad that she can only watch. I am going to watch the game to support her anyway :) I hope this itching stops soon. Ugh!

two week pics

First day back at work and I made it!

Hello ladies, well I am back in the comforts of my comfy clothes and bed after my first day back to work. I had been dreading it and now it has come and gone. Let me first start off by saying, I had to dig out a pair of my biggest pants, I was soooo depressed that I could not wear my usual slacks because they were too tight against my incisions. So have two pairs of pants that for some reason never went in the good will bag, and I always seem to have a need for them from time to time. It really made me feel as though I am making no progress after all that I have been through.
***
I slept pretty well last night until about 2am when I became restless from sleeping on my back, I tried to fall back to sleep until about 4am at which time I just turned on the TV. I watched tv until 5am and woke up the kids and began our morning routine. I made the three of us breakfast, and then put on all the layers: squiggled into the shapewear, then a beaded tank top, them my big girl pants, and grabbed a type of sweater jacket that would cover my boobs and my butt because I don't like how it looks with the shapewear on. Anyway, the night before, I colored my roots and then just put my wet hair up in a bun to sleep in. So by the time I was done dressing, brushing my teeth, and putting some makeup on, I had no energy for my hair. I took it out of the bun and fluffed it with my hands, my daughter actually complemented me, and I got complements at work. WOW! Why even bother to spend tons of time styling my hair???
***
So off I went, in the car, this is the first time I drove in 16 days. Felt weird but also felt like progress. I left early so I could get to my desk before the others got there, plus I didn't want to do my normal rush hour road rage in my current condition. I had about 100 emails to review, so I just took my time, then completed some monthly training that I scheduled before I went on "vacation". took an assessment and it was only 830. I didn't know how I was going to last until 4:30.
***
When everyone asked about my time off, I said it was great and named a few things I did (or didn't do) and then proceeded to tell them that I tried a Total Body Transformation workout and threw my back out. My back was hurting anyway sitting in the office chair that it was believable. I almost believed it myself. LOL!
***
Hubby came to see me at lunch and took me to Ross to buy some inexpensive pants that I could wear to work. I found two pairs that were really cute and stretchy so I may be able to wear them even after I am healed. I went back to work and did my best to just have an easy day, luckily we ran out of loans so I just logged into my class and did some homework. I may not have mentioned but I am completing my Bachelors degree this summer, something I should have done long ago. Today was an nice easy day but my belly is a bit swollen. I hope it looks less swollen in the morning. I was so happy to get in the car, crank up my tunes and drive home. I conquered a day at work 16 days after a mommy makeover! it just sounds crazy to me. Luckily I don't have a job that requires heavy lifting, or other physical labor. I brought a lunchbox filled with snacks and was ok.
***
Since I didn't get a lot of sleep, probably due to the anxiety of returning to work, I should sleep just fine tonight. actually really looking forward to it. I am ready to face the next two work days then have a three day weekend because Monday is my birthday!! Hope everyone is healing up nicely!!!

Need compression garment advice!

Well I made it through the days of work and the weekend is here!! The first day was a killer but each day after that felt better and better. It actually helped make me feelnlike I was getting back to normal. Very tired after each workday though.
I had issues wearing my surgical garment right after surgery but I am now ready for some contouring. I need help choosing a compression garment. So ladies in need your suggestions on which one is the best, most comfortable, easy to wear. Please give me suggestions because I am so confused with all the different brands and styles out there. Do we only wear then at certain times or all the time? I need some schooling here girls. I looked at a few websites but not sure what to purchase. Any suggestions?

ordered my coobie bras!!

Thank you to the ladies who mentioned coobie bras and the discount code mombogo1 to buy one get one free. I ordered them today and hope they are as comfy as they look!

shapewear must be good for something

So today I found out just how important the shapewear has been. I went to the bank so my kids could open their own accounts with debit cards. Needless to say they are very excited. Sitting there for about 30 minutes I started to feel the swell coming on. We left and went right next door to get the kids some lunch and then to Target. Well I really felt the tummy starting to swell and I felt so tired. I got a sports bra to wear so I could get out of the surgical bra that was digging into my skin. I also got some polysporin to put on my incisions because I spoke to the PS nurse and asked if I could remove the steri strips and put something on the incisions. Buy the time I got home my tummy felt so tight.
Anyway we got home and hubby took off my steri-strips and put on the polysporin and we got a good look at the incisions. I hope this is normal because they look disturbing to me. I am posting a few pics. Let me know what you think

some pics

Ummm... who's flat tummy is that??? This girls's thats who! LOL

Well its been about three weeks post op and I am moving right along as many others are. I am starting to see my figure changing and even though I still have some healing to do, I just cannot believe the changes that are taking place. My hubby looks at me like a vulcher knowing he will reap the benefits of this surgery too. I wore this white tank without the sports bra and he nearly fell to the floor. (Love it!!!) I already feel sexier even if I have these darn scabby incisions. ugh! Having patience is hard but I am loving each new milestone.

Making progress!

I am finally starting to feel "normal" and am eager to do all the things I live to do. But I know I'm still recovering and I still swell up if I over do it. I feel like I take a step back in my progress when I swell up. My tummy feels sore when it swells. Luckily it doesn't happen but once a day. It goes away if I lay down for awhile.

But right this second I feel great! My scars are looking ok. Im still freaked out by the incisions around my nipples just because I could've never imagined being cut they. They don't really hurt but sting a bit. Oh, and I don't only feel sensation in my nipples but they are super sensitive! I read many stories of ladies that lost sensation do I am so happy that did not happen although I wish they would not be as sensitive. I have to hold my hands over them when I gave the water in the shower. And carefully pat them dry. Otherwise ouch! Lol!

So here is an updated pic. Not a great shot but I tried:) I hope everyone is healing nicely and good luck to all the ladies getting their MM this month! !

Argh!

I really need to proof read before posting. My phone decides to use whatever word it wants. I guess you girls can figure it out. :)

4 Weeks! yay!

So I am more active today than usual and not feeling as tired as I usually get. Must be a turning point at 4 weeks. I go for my 4 week post op appointment tomorrow. I need them to tell me my boobs are healing ok. My incisions still seem raw and I think there is a suture in the crease because I have redness and irritation there. I am posting a pic so you girls can see what i mean. I hope to hear they are healing normally. I still have some itching on my tummy and boobs. When will it end.!

I also can't wait to ask about what I can start doing. In want to get moving even if light exercise. And when can I go in the pool an get my tan on.

So today I went to visit my mom, then did some shopping at Macys. I got a pair of black leggings and a cute long top that I will wear to work. It is so cute but comfortable. I also tried on some bathing suits. I even did some grocery shopping with my husband. I really had a dose of energy. I hope that means a good night sleep tonight minus the itching;)

swell hell :(

Well I thought I would share so everyone knows that my recovery isn't smooth sailing like it may appear in my pics. I get so swollen after work that my belly is reddish and feels so tight. I was at my desk and so uncomfortable a couple of hours before I was scheduled to leave. I just couldn't focus. By the time I got home I felt horrible. Looked in the mirror and was very discouraged. And everything I have read says this could go on for months m Ugh! So my dreams of actually wearing a bikini this summer are gone. I am currently wearing a garment similar to spanx. I wonder sometimes if this is helping our causing swelling. You may recall in my day 3 post op my CG from the PS caused swelling in my legs. I was told to go to spanx since not as tight. I dint know if it is helping or not. Our should I go back to a CG now that I am further in recovery? Any ideas? And any home remedies to reduce the swelling? I am keeping positive by hanging on to the thought that this is normal. It is just so annoying. :)

infection?? argh!

So I have had some annoying irritation and stinging in the crease under my right breast. At my post op appointment on Monday it was discovered they my body is rejecting some of the stitches that are supposed to dissolve and pushing them through the skin. So the nurse tried to pull them out. She got some out with a tweezer and we decided to put polysporin on it and keep an eye on it. So today I started feeling a sting in that area. My husband looked at it and there was some greenish yellow puss. So I called the PS and they are calling in an antibiotic and silvadene cream. So I have to go pick them up at the pharmacy and start using them until Monday when they want me to stop by so they can check it. Anyone use silvadene? If so was it helpful? Anyway I took some pics today to show my progress. Im not swelling today because I took a sick day so I could take it easy. I swelled up everyday at work and I just wanted a break from it. I will keep you updated on my progress. :)

here are the updated pics from today.

1 month post op! Yay!

started the Rx

So I picked up the Experience and it is the silvadene (silver sulfadiazine cream) and they also gave me an antibiotic (sulfamethoxazole-tmp) tablets. I just started both so hopefully will see improvement soon. Although it is a very small spot I didn't want this to fester and turn into a bigger problem. I will update how this turns out. Nitey nite RS family!

my goodness this phone changes everything I type!

I picked up the RX ......NOT the Experience? ???? WTH!

Happy Mothers Day!

So today was a great day. I was woken up by my thoughtful son and daughter (16 y/o twins) with a cheese Danish and a cup of coffee. We sat around talking for quite a while then I got ready to go see my mother. I went to the store to get my mom some clothes (I know very last minute)m she lives in an Assisted Living for Alzheimer's :( so she really didn't need anything but clothing and personal items. Any other gift would most likely get lost or she might forget it was even hers. So I run through the store up and down every isle. Nothing in her size except sweaters and long pants. Really people? ? This is Florida and it is 90 degrees. I finally found a few things and then got her some sweets ... all the way on other end of store. I spent way more time running around in that place than I had intended. Then of course my son. . The 5'11 200 pound football player is hungry...again! So I drive thru Wendy's and get him something. Finally I am on my way to see my mom. We had a nice visit. Then went home and we planned on going out to eat early for Mothers Day so we went to TGIFridays. The thought of all the salt I was about to consume was going through my mind but hey...its a special day lol! I love the Jack Daniels salmon. We went home and I was on some kind of carb rush or something (maybe it was the artichoke dip and chips or the sweet potato fries lol!) Or the fact that I haven't eaten that much in a long time but I felt do sleepy. I felt like my belly was so swollen. Well good news. ..I think.. my belly didn't swell today like I expected. I am posting a few pics. Also a pic of that spot on my incision in the crease under my breast where the stitches were pushing out. The silvadene appears to be helping.

Hope all of you RS mommies had a great Mother's day! !!

other pics

For some reason all the pics didn't upload :/

Me....... only better!

Well it is hard to believe Monday is my 6 week post op appointment. I feel great! My tummy is still numb and my incisions feel sore sometimes but nothing painful just annoying. I pretty much do everything except exercise. I just want to follow my PS directions and wait so I get the best results possible. However I have been back to work since post op day 16, I go grocery shopping with hubby, I do more things around the house but still am careful about heavy lifting or pushing myself to hard. I am sleeping on my side comfortably but I still like to have my pillows. I walk up and down stairs like I never had surgery. I got rid of my hunch back around day 12 so my back feels normal. My TT incision is flat and starting to lighten up a bit. I have not been using any scar treatment as of yet but I want to try the silicone sheets. My boobs feel soft and I love them. The incisions still feel a bit sore and I have been using the silvadene cream to clear up the infection from the disposable stitch forcing its way out. It is clearing up nicely. I never massaged my boobs because the incisions are sore but it doesn't seem like I need to. They are soft and I don't even feel the implant and it is not under the muscle. I will ask PS what I should do. I feel like massaging is more important for those who just get the implant without the lift. Idk. I started feeling normal at around 4 weeks and now at 6 im even better. I still swell after work but not as much as before. I lost about 4 pounds so I expect to lose more when I start exercising. I want to lose it in my thighs and butt and I can't wait to firm them up. I am a vegetarian so I think it is helping. I eat soy products like Morningstar veggie patties and maple sausage also protein shakes. I also easy yogurt, grapes vegetables. I have been avoiding pasta and bread although I am kinda addicted to Eggs chocolate chip waffles. The kids easy them before school and I have adopted it as my breakfast as well. I no longer eat eggs as of a few months ago and i drink soy milk. I do have my cheat nights where junk food and sangria are involved. Lol! Speaking of sangria, I am very ready to get my sex life back. We have taken it easy up until now because I wasn't up to it and felt nervous but I finally feel ready. I never imagined getting to this point. And it is amazing to me how much you recover in 6 weeks after a MM. To me this was major surgery but somehow I was able to be thrown in the truck the day of surgery and sent home. Crazy! however it all works out. I will update after my PS appointment. Happy Healing ladies!

It's official.......

I went to my 6 week post op appointment today and have officially been released. Of course if I need something I can call or visit anytime but my PS gave me the all clear! Ok well that is a weird feeling because I don't know if my mental side is ready for this. Dr Welsh walks in the office and it is like I see a God or I'm swooning like a teenager. It is just that I feel like he is some kind of miracle worker and I forget all of my questions out of my awe for him. And now it is over. Like going cold turkey. I so looked forward to my visits and seeing my progress. But now they say "take it easy" and "don't over do it" "go light on the exercise at first" and "ease into it". All this. .... on my own? ?? Am I really ready to do this on my own? How do I know what is to much or if I will make all of the right decisions? This is like falling off a cliff. .. who will catch me? So enough of my super drama. .. but really this ordeal had been a ride. .a very slow one in the beginning and poof. .. it is over. So where do I begin? What do I do first? This is probably the strangest feeling out of all of this(except getting my drains removed. .eek!) But I assume the best is ahead of me and I will Figure out how to stop worrying about ruining my results and start focusing on fine tuning my results. Yea. . Somehow i will figure this out.

So I will be sure to post updates on my progress to help those who went after me or those thinking about surgery. I can definitely say I would do it all again. I am so happy I finally did this and look forward to enjoy being in my new body. I still have some healing to do but this is a major milestone. 6 weeks post op! There was a day that I only had dreams about 6 week post op! And now here I am. Looking forward to seeing all of you hit your milestones as well. Happy healing ladies!

Sex after a Mommy Makeover

Ok so no TMI but I just wanted to let you all know there is sex in you futures! It may have taken me 6 1/2 weeks to finally feel whole again but it finally happened. It may be sooner for some but there is no right or wrong. When you feel ready, You will know. And it will be great! Just saying. Lol!

random pics almost 7 weeks p.o.

I figured it is time to post a couple pics wearing actual clothes. These are not the best because I took them myself. I will post better ones later. Happy healing!

feel better in this dress now

I wrote this with my old saggy girls and felt awful. now wearing it with no bra m looks so much better. I love my dresses again! !!???????

first time at the pool.

So I am far from 100% recovered yet but the family wanted to have some pool time so I put my bathing suit on even though my tummy still gets alittle swollen but who cares because I still look better than I did before surgery. It is our community pool so this is why i am a bit hesitant. Of course instead of feeling wonderful I could only see the things that were wrong at first. Like my butt that i haven't been able to workout. My mind still thinks I need to feel insecure about myself. I got over it and just decided to focus on my new tummy and boobs. I wondered who would notice. One of my neighbors said "you look beautiful" but I don't think she figured out I had surgery. I just said thank you. I decided that unless someone flat out asks me, I am not telling anyone. I won't lie to someone and say I have been working out giving them some false sense of hope that sit ups will pickup their belly too. But I am not going around and offering my secret. People will still gossip even if they act like they are happy for you. And maybe their expectation of what my results should have been would be unrealistic. So I prefer to keep it to myself. Maybe forever. So here's my first day at the pool. I know it will only get better from here!

8 Weeks!!! YAHOO!

I can hardly believe I am now 8 weeks post op! And it is still so amazing to me how the body recovers from this surgery. I wanted to update to let you know how it is going at this point in my recovery.
Improvements:
--Pretty much back to my normal daily routine. I have been back to work since post op day 16. It was a rough beginning but soon became normal.
--I have been sleeping on my side since about post op week 2-3 and still use pillows around me, its comfy :)
--I have started doing squats, which I do not feel in my tummy when doing them. I am starting with 25 a day and will add on as the days go by. I walk outside, and plan to start going to the gym to use the treadmill then slowly moving into weights. I am taking it slow, since I know I am still recovering on the inside.
--My tummy still feels numb under my belly button, but I have feeling coming back on each side of the tummy, just directly under the BB us numb. I can bend and getup quickly from a laying flat position with no pain. Sometimes I twist a certain way and it feels tight but not painful, just reminds me I had surgery.
--I can easily shave my own legs when in the shower, it feels weird to bend but not painful. I have been attempting to do this since about post op week 1, but it feels a lot better at this point than it did then. I didn't want to ask anyone to do it for me, although hubby would have in a heart beat!
I have been strutting my stuff at the pool LOL! I can say it is a strange feeling. I love my new tummy and boobs, and think they look great in a bikini. But I haven't felt confident in a bikini in 20 years, so it isn't as easy for my mind to just embrace looking good in a bikini all of a sudden. It is taking time, but each time I go I feel more confident.
--My boobies are feeling great. They are softer and feel like real boobs, only firmer than my old girls. it doesn't even feel like I have an implant. They are round a beautiful. The scars are doing well, no pain or irritation. I am hoping they lighten up nicely.
Things I want to improve:
--My butt and legs need help. It will go a long way in lifting my confidence when I can firm them up. All this time resting for 8 weeks has really made them flabby. My legs normally bounce back after exercise so I am hopeful I will get them in shape. it is nice to now only worry about legs and butt instead of feeling defeated by my entire saggy body.
--I have not attempted any ab work but look forward to sculpting this new tummy. In the pool, when I try to just take a few simple strokes(free style) my ab muscles tighten up as soon as I lift my legs to swim. It freaks me out a bit, but I guess this is exercise. it is enough for now.
--I finally ordered some silicone strips, and hope to get them soon. I have read a lot of debate about scar treatment and that there is no proof the strips work but I thought I would try it anyway. My scar is healing nicely with little treatment but I am curious about the strips.
--I bought a bra as VS last week, I was measured at 36D to DD, but they said the 36D might be the best one to buy since I may still have some swelling. I got the Body by Victoria for now, it does not have a wire and hold the girls much better than the sports bras I have been wearing. I will eventually buy one with just a little push up and get resized.
--I must admit I have moments of boob greed. I love my boobs, don't get me wrong, but I still ask my husband all the time if I should have gone bigger. I don't know why I think about it, and I always remind myself that they look soooo much better than the old girls. I guess it has to do with the one chance we have to pick a size, and no matter what size we choose, we could have always gone bigger. But when is enough, enough in our minds? Is it ever enough? I don't want to be so big that I have a porn star look, I just wanted to look fuller while not giving my daughter the wrong impression. I have achieved that, and while I normally judge myself laying down, they obviously look a lot bigger while upright. I think boob greed is some kind of mind game our brain plays with us. Even at a 36D that is a substantial size without looking outrageous. (although I will probably always envy the ladies with the bigger tatas ;) We secretly want to be porn stars in the bedroom! Don't we??? LOL!
--Lastly, I still want to lose 10lbs, most likely will come off of my butt and thighs. I eat well during the week, and cheat a bit on the weekend. But still maintaining my current weight. So adding more exercise should show some weight loss. I hope!

I am sure I have not covered everything, but I am my normal self with a numb portion of my belly. it is not weird, I think I am used to it. Please ask me anything if you are planning a MM and want more information. I am so happy to help others since this site helped me through my recovery. And this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am thrilled with my results and would do it all over again! I recommend it to all moms, after they are finished having their kids. And even for us moms who are older, it is still an option. I have met so many mommies here that are my age and older. We wont grow old gracefully, we will fight to stay young! And boy do we look HOT!!!!! All of the ladies , of every age, on RS look fabulous!!!
Good luck to anyone approaching their big day and happy healing to those already in recovery!

I posted a pic of me laying in the lounge chair at the pool. I love my tummy and my new BB is looking so real!!!

another pic :)

A weird feeling racing to throw on a bikini and not crying! Lol!

11 Weeks post op! Where did the time go?

Hi RS fam! It has been a while since I updated my profile so I thought I would hop in here and let you all know how 11 weeks has been for me so far. First, it is hard to even believe how fast time flies after 4 weeks post op. I remember documenting every minute of everyday in the beginning, then the weekly milestones, then after 4 weeks post op everything moved so fast. My last post was at 8 weeks and I wasn't even sure how I got there so fast. During that time I went on a 7 day vacation with the family and did nothing but have fun in the sun! Funny because I live in Florida, but it is different when you actually go away and nothing to do but relax. So while I was getting my tan on, I realized I was completely pale in the back so I decided to do the unthinkable...... lay on my stomach!!! YIKES!! LOL! I was 9 weeks post op and still afraid to try it. And guess what? It didn't hurt at all! So after that I was free to sleep any way I wanted!

All of my incisions are completely flat and healed, so glad to be out of that stage. The stitches around my nipples freaked me out the most.

My tummy is becoming less tight and more normal, it is still flat, but you cant bounce a coin off it anymore. it is normal that the muscles will relax after being stretched, so I will be starting some ab work. I have not done any as of yet but I know its time.

I started using the silicone strips, I am not noticing a big difference, and I didn't spend too much on them so worth trying. I use palmers cocoa butter concentrate and occasionally the oil. Makes me smell like an Easter basket! LOL!

So the bra I bought back on the 1st at VS is now too small. It was a 36 D and the girl at VS said I would most likely change. So they have gotten bigger which means I will go shopping, AGAIN!! I did wear a few things with NO bra, it was great! Cute sun dress on vacation and I filled it out nicely if I do say so myself.

I walk for exercise for now, and want to get my booty in shape. Did anyone see the latest infomercial for Zumba1995? It looks like a great total body workout. I just might fall for yet another infomercial.

I do not have boob greed anymore, I guess because they have dropped and fluffed enough. Any bigger and I don't know what I would do. My belly, right under my belly button is still numb. It doesn't bother me, guess I am used to it. It doesn't stop me from doing anything. Other than that I feel totally back to normal.

So you may recall I did not tell anyone about my surgery. Only Hubby and my kids knew. No one at work, no friends or other relatives. But, I always said to myself that if someone actually asked me about my new flat tummy or shape I would tell them. So at the pool I am hanging with a group of ladies in their 30's, all in the middle of mom-mode with their tankinis to hide their bellys, sound familiar ladies??? Well it was all too familiar for me. One asked me "how do you keep your tummy so flat" and I looked at my hubby, and what does he say??? He says "a lot of situps!" Well I cannot let these ladies believe this could actually happen for them, so I told them. I just blurted it out and told them about the MM. I wondered later if I should have, but then I figured WHO CARES! they seemed very interested in it, and considering I am older then they are and look the youngest, they should follow my lead and dump the frump. So maybe I will be their inspiration.

That is it for now, I will post more pics soon. I haven't taken any good ones lately. Hope all of my RS family is healing well, and good luck to anyone who is about to get the makeover of your dreams!!! xoxoxoxox

12 weeks post op! and still changing!

Hello ladies! For those of you wondering if you will continue to see changes after 4 weeks post op the answer is YES! This is a comparison of week 4 and week 12. I am so excited of the changes since then. I haven't even started a true workout routine other than waking. Now I have to focus on my booty because I feel like I am two different people from front to back. But no worries. I am inspired to keep eating right and working out! Hope this inspired you too! Happy healing and recovery ladies!
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great experience. Dr Welsh was really nice and supportive. I could tell he knew his stuff. The staff was great! Tamika was the best support during my pre op and post op appointments!

you look great! i need to get my 12 week pictures up soon! I just started PiYo a new workout from Beachbody as I am a coach. Love it and can feel my abs popping through already. If you are interested in workout out with me and want to join my accountability group let me know.
That pic on the right it mighty sexy hon xx
See as I said 6 weeks min and 6 months settled xx u look amazing xxxxx
Thank you Tinka! Yes time sure makes a difference! I hope to see more changes in my abs and butt when I finally get back to the gym!
Just take it slow ok xx u don't want to ruin what u just got x I nearly did by doing a mass cleanup after hubby n kids xxx
You look amazing! I can only hope my healing and results are as wonderful as yours! Big day it TOMORROW for me! EEKK!
Thank you! And best wishes tomorrow! See you on the other side!
Wow that is a change!! It gives me hope and you said you fit in clothes at 4 weeks.... So are your clothes big now?
My post op clothes are now loose. I have some pants that were stretchy material so they are ok but my regular slacks and jeans don't fit right anymore. Time for more shopping I am waiting because I still don't want to much pressure on my tummy or BB. So the looser pants are ok for now. I have some smaller sizes that I have kept since I always seem to go up and down in size and they fit better. Yes stay hopeful and motivated because you are in for more changes too!!
I do see the change! Very cool. You are beautiful. Really cute bikini. I love my fitbit. The step goals keep me motivated. :). Do you log your food and count calories?
Thank you Seachik! I have only been logging steps to keep track of my progress but that sounds like a good idea! Keeping track definitely helps stay motivated!
Looking better and better!! Do u experience swelling at all? I am not sure if I'm over doing it w my exercise rwgimen, what are your thoughts? I'm almost lifting as much as I did before surgery....I'm not sprinting or cyling just yet, but I hope to get there in about 2 weeks....
Hi Paured! Well I am 12 weeks post op and have only been walking so far. I walk 3-5 miles a day. I intend to get back to the gym but just haven't yet. My eating and waking are helping and I have very little swelling. Im losing weight too. My mindset has been not to be too worried about or focused on working out but to gradually increase my activity. I figure it has not been so long since surgery and I want everything on the inside to heal without adding additional stress to it. Im just listening to my body and walking seems to bee enough for me right now. I hope this helps :)
I think I need to back up a little, I never nought of the healing in the inside part...that's probably why I see an increase in fatigue at times. Thank you for the input!
You look amazing! Are you just eating clean or is there something else you're doing?
Hi Newlook! I would not say I am totally eating clean, but compared to other people I do a decent job of it. I am a vegetarian, so I think that helps. I eat a lot of soy products and also eat yogurt, vegetables and granola. I also do have salmon once in a while, haven't given that up yet. I have been drinking a lot of water and walking 8000 steps a day (according to my pedometer lol) I cheat on the weekends and I think this helps rev up my metabolism because when I go back to my more restrictive diet I seem to lose more weight. I could do a lot more in terms of being healthy, like exercise more, but so far my results are good. I like to have my alcohol and pizza on a Friday night so I do not deprive myself, I just try to have one piece instead of two. I really believe drinking a lot of eater and walking help, since after my surgery I was resting so much. I will have to ramp it up eventually to get better results.
Oh thanks for the info! I definitely need to step up my water intake. I'm so bad in that department but I eat pretty clean. I walk but not as much as I should. You have definitely inspired me! I hope you continue to heal well and thanks again for the advice!
I love seeing the difference from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Huge difference. Congrats on your amazing results. You look incredible.
I'm glad I came upon this RSer from your posts - me too, LOVE seeing the change from 4-12 weeks and reading all the sordid details!! VERY informative and please keep posting! because I want to know if you change even more and it's so inspiring to see the b&a pix! As you can see from my pix, I have absolutely NO BOOBS! I know 12 yr olds with more boobs than me! So I'm getting 533cc silicone gummy bears. Still unsure and pre-op is next week. Like you, I don't want the "porn star" look and definitely don't want to be ALL BOOB. But on the other hand, I'm starting with nothing, never had boobs (except for when I was preg and nursing), don't know what it's like to have boobs with no butt/belly (that was my preg look), and I want to have something to show for all this pain and suffering. Had 1 appt with a PS that had a 3D tv view - so cool! Took pix of me and then showed me what different sizes would look like. 533cc looked pretty damn good! And for someone who's never had - I just wonder what it'll be like to have 2 new "friends" to care for...
Thank you Cmb82! I could not believe it myself when I took my picture today. I have not worn this suit since then because I wasn't thrilled with how I looked in it. SO today I tried it on again and was Wow'd myself. You really don't notice the difference so much, but wearing the same bathing suit in both pics really showed me the difference.
Hi Chicklet! You will probably be fine with the larger implant, I have a lot of breast tissue so I was fine with the 350ccs. But since you don't have that tissue you have room for the 533cc. They will be big, and they will seem really big to you since you are starting out with small ones, but you will get used to them and I am sure your will love them! I am a 36 dd and think that is big enough for me. I read your profile and you asked about the hair washing. I have tons of long hair, and I attempted to wash my hair on day 4 or 5. It was a quick one but it felt great. I did it in the shower and just lathered and rinsed as fast as I could. it was the quickest shower ever since I didn't have much strength yet. A lot of people talk about shower seats, I never got one, and I think it helped me get stronger eventually, I am glad my b&a have helped you. Remember the first three days are tough, after that you will see minor improvements in how you feel each day. You may have setbacks or all of a sudden feel so worn out, just remember to rest, don't over do it because you will pay for it if you do. Trust me! You will need someone to be with you to ensure you eat and take meds on time the first few days, also to help with kids for a while if possible. You don't want to ruin your results, so even when you think you are feeling good you will need to take it easy. I went back to work at 16 days post op, that was the first time I drove mostly because I didn't have to go anywhere and wanted to recover the right way. After work I was straight home to the recliner. It helps for the long term recovery results. Looking forward to seeing your after pics!!
Amazing, you look simply amazing!!!!
Thank you hollie! I read your profile and you are going to look HOT after this surgery! You don't have much to fix and the PS will be able to focus on the artistry of the surgery. I can almost see how perfect you will look! I know the feelings of fear and doubt. Don't give in to those emotions. Just move forward with your plan and soon you will see it is soo worth it!
So super sweet, thank you so much!!! Results and stories like yours are the only thing keeping me from running for the hills!! Lol are you still having any swelling or wearing any type of garment?
I have minimal swelling now and then below my belly button. I stopped wearing the garment my PS gave me on post op day 3 because it was actually causing swelling in my feet. That alarmed the P.S. of blood clots. So he told me to get some spanx. I didn't get anything until post op 14 because by then I was going back to work and wanted some protection. I ditched the spanx two weeks later. I have not worn any type of garment since. There are debates whether they actually help and in my case I have recovered just fine without it. Some ladies swear by them. Every PS has a different take on it so you have to decide if you think the garment is helping or not. Hope this helps :)