Saying Good Bye to the C-section Hang Over! Mini tuck, no lipo, no muscle repair.

I talked to several surgeons but Dr. Swank made me...

I talked to several surgeons but Dr. Swank made me feel the most comfortable. He was very open and told me what I could expect and what I needed without trying to sell me things I didn't need. He spent plenty of time talking with me and made sure I left with a clear understanding of the procedure and a folder with information and instructions on what to do before the surgery as well as a detailed break down of the cost. I go in for my final payment and post op visit on the 28th of this month and can't wait!

One month till my mini tuck!

SOOOOO EXCITED! I am two weeks from post op visit (I'll put up before pics then) and one month from my surgery! I'm a little nervous but I have confidence in my Doctor so I'm ready to do this :D I am so ready to be able to look down and see my V again instead of just this fat flap that juts out over my c-section scar! I am 5`7" and 128 lbs and will turn 36 two days prior to my operation. I've had 3 children (15, 4 and 1) and have loose skin and stretch marks below my navel. My upper stomach is smooth and flat but between the scars under my navel and my c-section that skin just won't bounce back! If I had loose skin over my navel I would get a full TT but I don't. I am not having Lipo as it increases the risk of your skin dying and I don't need muscle repair so all that will be done is the excess fat and skin removed from under my navel. That being said I have realistic ideas of my outcome. I just want that bulge and flap/shelf of extra skin/fat gone!

Before....yuck.

Some before pics....so ready to get rid of this!

side view

ops

I meant to write pre op appointment above, not post op. I am now only two days away from my PRE op appointment, so nervous and excited. Some of what I've read here has me confused, I was told that my mini tummy tuck would remove all the excess skin under my navel ( at least 5") but some of the docs here say a mini tuck removes only an inch or two??? Anyone here know how much they had removed with a mini?

tomorrow!

PRE op appointment tomorrow at 1:45 YAY!

Did I mention I love my Doctor?

So I thought of a billion questions since my first visit and Dr. Swank answered all of them patiently. Bonus, he has a great sense of humor and he's kind :D He drew on me today so that I could have a visible idea of what he would be removing as well as the length I would need to avoid "dog ears" I couldn't be happier! I was hoping for 5" but it looks like he can do 6!!! LOVE HIM! I can't wait for these next couple weeks to pass so that I can have my mini tuck!

One week to go!

Hello mini tuck sisters, I am very excited to be just one week away from my surgery and I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who have shared your stories so that others will be better informed on what to expect. I appreciate you all! xoxox

surgery done!

Well I had my mini tuck done around 10:30 this morning. The doc drew a bit larger of an area than at my last pre op appointment. He said after I came to (kinda) that he was able to take all of it off. VERY happy about that! 1.2 lbs of loose skin and fat, yikes! He did not need to do any muscle repair (glad about that). Not going to lie to you though It hurts. Like....really hurts. When I was coming too the nurses were dressing me and wrapping me. When they took my vitals I was shaking so hard that they had to repeatedly try and get a reading. After I got home and rested/ate and peed a bit my hubby had to readjust my wrap. It had rode up a bit. I also have like...0 drainage. Maybe it's because I had no muscle repair or Lipo? Not sure. I did see a spot of blood on my left side under my bandages, but they said that was normal. Everyone at piedmont plastic surgery in hickory was wonderful today. I feel like I made a good choice. Can't wait to get my first real look at it tomorrow. I'll be back for my check up around 9 in the morning. I will try and get a picture then. Gotta go for now...drugged up.

Got to see my new tummy today

It's nice and tight and I'm SOOOOO happy!

53 hrs after surgery

Well it's been roughly 53 hrs since surgery and while there is some discomfort I'm feeling pretty good. The ups I've had are
1 No nausea
2 Almost no drainage (no lipo + no muscle repair)
3 I love love love how tight Dr. Swank (love that name) got my tummy.
4 My pain is manageable with less than half the recommended dose.
5 I get to sleep a lot and let my hubby and mom take over for a bit.
6 There is no noticeable bruising. (no lipo)
The downs are
1 There is sharp pain when getting up or sitting/laying down.
2 My legs and back hurt from keeping in the bent position
3 There is constipation, bloating and swelling
4 The compression garment moves and pulls at my skin and the drain.
So all in all...not bad.

Day 3 bandage off

So I got to take off the bandage today. I'm quite swollen and the tape is a mess but I'm very happy with how low and even my doctor made the incision. There is a crease that runs straight down under my bb but hopefully that will smooth out with time and once the swelling goes down. I'm not overly concerned with it now and I'm crazy happy with how much skin he took off. look at the flat mole near under and to the side of my bb to get an idea of how much he took. am kind of hunched forward in these pics still but my stomach is still a bit to tight for me to straighten all the way.

after taking off bandage

pics

day four

I am nearly straight today. I'm walking around more and for longer periods of time. I feel like I need pain medication less but muscle relaxers more because my back muscles are cramping up so bad from being bent at an angle. I'm still in awe of my new tummy...I feel like I need to send my ps some flowers or something lol. Hopefully I'll be standing up straight in the next couple of days :) I'm still draining some but not a lot. The crease under my navel. Seems to be smoothing out some too. I think I'm pretty on track with my recovery. Hopefully things stay this smooth :D

I am currently devastated.

I took the tape off in the shower today as Sabra told me too...its been a week and my check up is tomorrow. What I found makes me want to cry.I don't know how it happened but my skin is sewn with the top part overlapping the bottom part all along the bottom. Like I can pick it up and look under it :( :( :( I called Sabra the patient care coordinator and I have a 8:45 am appointment tomorrow. She said not to panic that he would fix it. She didn't know if he would fix it tomorrow but he would fix it. I don't know how this happened Dr. Swank is a Plastic Surgeon..maybe a nurse sewed me up?? I hope he fixes it right and free. I hope I put my faith in the right doctor.

done with my little freak out.

Ok I'm calm now. He removed more skin than I thought possible, cinched my waist in nicely and sewed the sides beautifully. Its only a line along the bottom that needs to be fixed and I'm sure he will fix it beautifully. I have faith that he will. Plus I'll see him tomorrow. :) I'm calm now, crap happens. :) He's good at fixing crap ;)

relieved

So my appointment went great today. My doctor assured me that I had nothing to worry about. I'm healing fine and my scar will smooth out in time. Also that if there is anything that I'm unhappy with he will fix it. It's only been one week so I need to stay calm and give my body time. Once again I'm glad I chose Dr. Swank as my ps. :)

Drain removal day!

I had originally had an appointment for Thursday for my two week check up and was going to have him remove my drain then but my little plastic clip has stopped holding on and every time that bulb drops it is painful so I begged an appointment for today. I drained less than 15-20 over the weekend then nothing at all the last day and a bit (thinking that's due to a clog I can't get out though). But regardless I am soooooo ready to be drain free! Plus, I LOVE my new tummy and really want to wear clothes to show it off!

Back from my two week (almost 2 week) check up

Doc said everything looks great, I can start using scar treatment, I can lift my daughter, and I got my drain out! YAY!

CVS C-Section SCAR STRIPS! (silicone)

Today (exactly 2 weeks after surgery) I begin my scar care. I am using CVS BRAND silicone C-section scar strips. Each strip is 6x1" and each box comes with a storage case and 8 strips for $16.99. Each strip is reusable for 14 days, just wash each side after you take them off to shower then reapply. in 4 weeks I will post before and after pictures as well as a review on the product. :)

24hrs of silicone strips

After 24hrs of silicone strips I took them off and washed them and I can see a difference already. My scar (2 wks and 2days old) is looking smoother and flatter.

5 weeks 6 days.

I stopped the silicone strips after about 4 days of using them. The work great at breaking down scar tissue but my skin was smooth and seemed much more sore using the strips. I just wanted to drop some quick before and after pics. I still swell a little by the end of the day and more than usual on my pms week (now) but seriously....a billion times better than before. I'm loving wearing sexy under things now!
Hickory Plastic Surgeon

Such an amazing doctor! I love my new tummy!

You look great!!!
I'm going to follow your updates I just started thinking about a mini tuck
Wow! Your results are awesome!
Thanks Grim :D
Try massaging the scars 2 times a day with Bio Oil.  This will greatly improve the scars with continued use.
It's already smooth and flat, just red still but that's fading quickly ;)
Wonderful, time will take care of the redness.
Yes ma'am :)
He did an amazing job.
Thank you :) I'm very pleased.
Hi! You sure do look fantastic and I am so glad that you are pleased with the results. How long do you think it took you to be able to stand up straight and walk normally?
Thank you! We'll, Wednesday it will be three weeks since my mini tuck with no lipo and no muscle repair and I just started standing straight (and sleeping flat) a couple days ago. So 2.5 weeks I guess. BUT I'm still not comfortable with my normal "standing straight" you know, shoulders back breasts up, booty back lol. I can do it but it still feels uncomfortably tight. My incision is now completely smooth and flat now though. Just waiting on the redness and bruising underneath to fade out :) All in all I'm soooo glad I did it!
Thank you so much for your very thorough review of your mini tummy tuck experience. I also have 3 kids (9,5 & 3) and I went to see a plastic surgeon last night to see about laser lipo. He suggested a mini tt. I started my research on Real self & have to say the incision is what frightens me the most. I didn't know it was so big. I'm curious to see how yours will heal up. I look forward to your follow up. :) Renee'
Well, the length of the scar depends on how much skin you want or need removed. I'm not a big girl but my stomach looked so out of shape because I had ALOT of skin to remove 1.2lbs worth! So far its looking awesome, almost all of it is a thin fine line, the small bit that isn't yet is smoother by the day and it's only been 2 weeks. Also, my PS gives a one year warranty on his work..so if anything needs tightening or touching up he does it for free :D Plus my stomach is tighter than its been since before I got pregnant with my 15 year old and I was 19 and weighed like 116 lol so a fine line easily hid by some tiny thongs is WELL worth it! Good luck Hoofhearted and I will post pics every couple weeks from yesterday to show how my silicone strips work with the incision :D
You look great, I have been considering a mini tummy tuck or possibly a full tummy tuck for a while. I may have to set up a consult with Dr. Swank.
He really is fantastic :)
I looked at your profile runnergirl and you look to me like a mini would be all you would possibly need...I had more belly than you and even a week after surgery I'm so tight standing up that I still slouch. He really takes off every possible inch he can!
I'm glad everything is fine! It's so common for us to freak out when we see something that isn't right. It's good that you called your PS though because we never know!
Right! Today was my one week check up so I took my tape off last night and the incision was all red and poffy and I freaked out...lol I guess I should've expected that because I'm always swollen and sore in the evening, plus it's only been a week ;)
:-) good news!
Yes ma'am lol I really over reacted seeing it all pooch and red last night! I feel silly now. My emotions are just all over the place!
Looking great!!!
Thank you Labadar, I'm very sore and swollen but still happy :)
A-amazing! That's going to be H-O-T!
Awww thank you Ava!