Finally... Rhinoplasty (UK)

So I have decided to keep a diary of my journey...

So I have decided to keep a diary of my journey through the rhinoplasty process. I have spent hours and hours researching rhinoplasty but I feel what has been most beneficial has been reading others reviews so I have decided to do the same in order to help others :)

Like most on here I have wanted a rhinoplasty for as long as I can remember. I have a large bump on my nose and a bulbous tip that droops when I smile. I am now 22 years old and finally the right time has came along for me to book the procedure.

I have been to two consultations with different surgeons. I had my heart set on a very reputable surgeon in Scotland, Awf Quaba, who is based in Edinburgh Scotland (which is around 2 and a half hours away from where I live). However, my local hospital was holding consultations with a plastic surgeon so I thought it would benefit me to go along and get his opinion.

The consultation cost £200 and lasted around 20 minutes. I was briefed about what the procedure would involved and was able to ask a few questions. However, I felt the consultation was quite rushed and left knowing that he wasn't the surgeon for me. I recommend going to see at least two different surgeons if possible as it is great to be able to make a comparison between consultations.

The second consultation was on the 31st of April with Dr Awf Quaba at the Edinburgh Spire Hospital. From the initial introduction with Dr Quaba I instantly felt confident with him. The consultation started off by asking what I wanted done and what I wanted to change. He then took pictures of me and displayed them on his laptop to allow for discussion. Dr Quaba talked in great detail about the entire procedure with me and by the end he had completely answered all my questions. I left the consultation feeling completely confident with Dr Quaba and have now booked my rhinoplasty for the 17th of July!

I will post photos on here in the near future!

Pictures

Thought I would post some pictures of what my nose looks like.... I know pictures helped in my research :)

1 month to go!

So there is just one month to go now. Getting extremely nervous about the operation. Eeeek!

Tomorrow is the day!

So tomorrow is the big day. Absolutely terrified but excited at the same time!

All done!

I can't believe I can say that it's done! I've been waiting so long for this that it feels strange that it's over. Surgery went really well. Have been in no pain whatsoever. Will update my review later with a detailed account of the surgery process with some pictures :). Thank you all for the lovely comments.

Surgery Day

So yesterday was surgery day. Had to check into the hospital at 11. The surgery was scheduled for 2:30pm but once I got there I was told it would be 1pm which was better as it saved waiting around. The nurse took my blood pressure and went through some questions. I then changed into my surgery gown. The lady who was administering the anaesthetic came to go over it with me which put me at ease as she was lovely and very caring. Just before surgery Dr Quaba came to see me and we went over the procedure again in detail which settled me more.

It was then time! I had to walk to the operating theatre but a lovely nurse came with me and stayed until I was put to sleep. I was asked to lay down on the table while they put the needle in the back of my hand (which wasn't painful at all)! The next thing I knew I was in recovery! The anaesthetic was honestly nothing to worry about and I really was terrified!

I returned to my room at around half 3 and it was then I began feeling sick. I was given an anti sickness tablet which got rude of that!

The rest of the day was pretty straight forward. I slept on and off and just chilled out. There was no pain whatsoever just uncomfortable breathing through your mouth!

The nurses at Spire Edinburgh and Dr Quaba were amazing!

Day 1?

Today would be day 1 after surgery I presume. Had a decent nice sleep except for walking up a few times due to breathing through my mouth.

The packing was removed thus morning which wasn't as big a deal as I thought at all. The nurse took both sides out at the same time and it was over in seconds!

I then got discharged at 9:30am. Today has been pretty up eventful. My eyes are bruised and puffy but they are not uncomfortable. I will attach pictures soon :)

Surgery day pictures

Day 1 pictures

Brusing hasn't changed too much. Eyes looking a bit puffy but no pain at all.

Little update!

So today is now day 4 after surgery. Recovery has been very uneventful. I've been feeling great, it just feels like I have a cold. Sleeping has been a lot easier than I thought and I've been getting decent rest which I think is helping a lot with recovery. Brusing is going down each day as well as the puffiness around my eyes.

Just counting down the days until Friday morning when I get my cast off!! :)

Day 5 post op!

Starting to be able to breathe through my nose now yay. Swelling is basically down, except it does come and go. Smile is beginning to come back which I am desperate for it to!

Nothing really to report in these last few days. I'm feeling really good and just so excited to get the cast off!!

The big reveal!

So today I got my cast off..... SOO HAPPY!!
I have included a picture to compare before and after. Will post more later with a review of getting my cast off :)

Cast off

I got the cast off on Friday. It was taken off my two nurses. Taking the cast off wasn't painful at all, just a strange feeling having people touching and pulling at your nose when you've been so protective of it for that week! After they took the cast off, the stitches were then removed. They were more difficult to take out due to them being very small and tight. The small pain only lasts a few seconds so it really is nothing to worry about.
After the stitches were removed, I was then given a mirror to look at my new nose. Very very weird looking at it for the first time. I was instantly happy! Even when they started trying to point out the swelling, I couldn't care as it is more than I had ever hoped for!
I can now say that Mr Quaba truly is amazing. Throughout the whole process I felt like he genuinely cared about my happiness overall. Delighted :)

Smiling

Yay no longer drops when I smile!

Fantastic Rhinoplasty Results!

I recently underwent rhinoplasty to correct a large hump and droopy tip of the nose. After many years of research I decided to book a consultation with Me Quaba due to his fantastic reputation. Mr Quaba was fantastic from beginning to end. You can tell he is genuinely interested in your happiness due to his caring and determined approach. Most importantly I received the results I have dreamed of and so much more. Cannot recommend him enough!

Update!

I am now 6 weeks post op! Sorry I haven't updated! I am a teacher and term started two weeks ago so have been extremely busy.

Everything is going great. Didn't have much swelling but what I did have is starting to really come down. The only issue I have is that I can still get quite congested, especially in the evenings. I am hoping this goes soon! Other than that everything is great.

Some of my best friends who I hadn't told didn't even noticed a difference with my nose, even when pointed out. Just goes to show how something so big to you can mean so little to someone else!

I have included some pictures that have been taken recently.
Edinburgh Plastic Surgeon

Mr Quaba was fantastic from beginning to end. You can tell he is genuinely interested in your happiness due to his caring and determined approach. Can't recommend him enough!