43 Years Old, Breastfed for Total of 4 Years, Ready to Lighten my Burden!

I am nervous, excited, terrified, relieved...all...

I am nervous, excited, terrified, relieved...all at once. I suspect this surgery brings a real mix of emotions. My surgery is only three days away!
I was a 34 D in High School, now a 36F after two pregnancies and a total of four years breastfeeding my two sons. I have chronic neck and back pain and get strange chest muscle spasming due to the big bras I have to wear that compress my chest.
I did get insurance approval with Regence to pay for my surgery.
I really appreciate all the stories, photos and honest sharing. I can't imagine going into this without the amazing support of other women who have gone before...what did we do before the internet? :)

Last workout!

I went for a jog today, bolstered in my enormous sports bra. This is the last time I will ever be tortured by it!

On the other side!

Surgery went well, no issues, surgeon was able to remove a huge fibroid runout tat causes my pain. No probs with the GA!
He days a C cup for sure!
Staying overnight, be home in morning!
Grateful, relieved and excited!

Day two

More pain in the night but never over a 4. Took narco twice, only on Tylenol today! Amazed by how good I feel!

Day 3!

Slept good last night, took one pain pill and now only Tylenol. Surprised how manageable the pain is so far. Still feeling tired and just resting lots. My
Mom is here taking care of me and friends are delivering food!

Day !

I'm amazed at how fast my breasts are healing. I woke up with no pain and the bruising and swelling is diminishing. I wa shocked at the small size (wondering if I will end up more a B than C) but I am adjusting.

Post-operative appointment

I had my post-op with Dr. B. He said everything looked great and I am released to drive, return to work part-time and can start wearing the genie bra! I will not miss that compression bra. My bruises are fading and my pain and swelling is manageable. Today, I wore a tank with a shelf for awhile...just for fun :)
I do have tape covering my incisions and he gave me more to use when it starts to fall off.

Stinging and Burning!

I seems like my breasts have come alive, with more stinging around the incisions and burning on the nipples. They look fine, still taped up and no unusual color or swelling. Still sore and swollen to be sure! I miss: sleeping on my side, soaking in the tub, sex, drinking wine, and exercise! all in good time, right?

Tape is off!

Most of the steri-strip tape that had been in place since my surgery came off during my shower. The new tape I was given badly irritated my skin so my PS said I can now be tape free!

Four Weeks Post-Op!

Tomorrow will officially be my four week post-op date and I have to say...time has gone slow. It feels like a long four weeks ago that I had surgery! I am still somewhat swollen and sore but my incisions look very nicely healed and my boobs are so small and perky, the bra feels unnecessary. I do wear it for support mostly but have been enjoying some hours without it too!
Went to the coast with my family this weekend and we did a four mile hike! Energy level felt decent but I noticed how "out of shape" I feel after four weeks of less exercise. I did start walking 45 minutes a day starting about 10 days ago, but at a slower pace.
I see my PS Thursday and I am hoping he releases me to go back to seeing massage therapy clients during week 5. Most of my private practice is life and career coaching but I do see an average of 5 massage clients per week and over the past few weeks, have been paying another LMT to treat my clients.
Posting some photos for comparison!

6 weeks Post-op: Back to massage, baseball and bra size

Lots of milestones this week! I was released by PS to return to doing massage therapy, which is about half of my job. I am in private practice and see life and career coaching clients and do massage therapy. I feel pretty good, not in pain and the massage work does not seem to make me swell.
I did play baseball the other evening at my son's last practice and after running bases, batting and throwing, had some swelling...but not too bad!
I went to get sized and I am a 36 C. Bought a couple of soft cup (no wire) bras to wear with shirts that need some shape. No longer sleeping in bra at night and many days, just wearing a tank top with a shelf bra in it.
Scars are starting to turn pink, which I think is a healing stage. I am applying an essential oil with calendula blend that a friend made for scar healing. Also, soaking in epsom salt bath almost daily.
Best thing I have ever done for myself!
Portland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. B is known by all the nurses as a perfectionist who gets great results. I'm very pleased with his care and with the outcome so far. He took extra time during surgery to remove a large fibroid that has bothered me for years! I have had to call a few times with questions and the nurse was very helpful and available.