42 Y.o. and Have Been Needing This for a Long Time

I am 42, 5'2" and currently 140 lbs. I am a 32 HH....

I am 42, 5'2" and currently 140 lbs. I am a 32 HH. I have met with an ANP and she took my measurements and has submitted all of the paperwork and photos to my insurance. I have CIGNA, and I have heard that they are difficult to get approval from. Of course, she said that we could appeal if I get denied, so I am already planning for that. I suffer from chronic shoulder, neck, and back pain. I have been going to a chiropractor for about two months now, it gives some relief, but it is only temporary. I am still waiting to hear back from her. She did say that it could take a couple of months before she hears anything back from them. I saw her Feb. 24. I really hope that I get approved for this. I am so sick and tired of being in pain all of the time.

Just Checking In

I have tried calling the ANP that I saw and I still have not heard anything back yet. I guess she has not heard anything from the insurance company. It has been six weeks since I saw her, so I guess I will give her a couple more weeks before I try again. I am getting really edgy waiting to hear something back from her. My regular practitioner wrote a letter of recommendation, and I think that maybe she did too. She did tell me that she thought that I was an excellent candidate for the surgery since I didn't have any other serious health problems and the weight of my breasts were causing poor posture and that they were too big for my frame, not to mention the pain that I'm in constantly. I'm really hoping that I don't have to jump through any hoops for the insurance company, but I will do what I have to do to get them to pay for it.

Still Waiting

I still have not heard anything back yet. This is really starting to get aggravating. I'm going to call my insurance company myself and see what is going on. I plan on doing that tomorrow during my lunch break. There is a rumor going around that we may be switching insurance companies in July. We might be going to BC/BS. I wonder if they will be any better to deal with. I won't get an appointment with a PS until insurance approves it.

Finally found out what's going on

Well, I called my insurance company and what they told me did not make me happy. They told me that they never received anything from the Dr.'s office! I was SO upset. But I'm trying to look at it like a blessing in disguise. When I went for my initial consult I had just started going to my chiropractor. I talked to a really nice lady that handles all of the precertification work and she told me to get all of my records and x-rays from my chiropractor. She said that as soon as she gets it she will submit it to my insurance. Now I have been going to the chiropractor for about 2 1/2 months now. I have an appointment tomorrow so I will pick everything up then and get it faxed/mailed. I read that CIGNA requires you to have physical therapy - does anyone know if going to a chiropractor could count towards that?

Finally!

I received a message today from Angel, the lady that handles the certification paperwork for the insurance companies. She received everything in the mail and sent everything off to CIGNA. She said that it shouldn't take too long to hear back from them. I'm going to be waiting on pins and needles! But from what I've heard about them, it wouldn't surprise me if I got denied the first time. It's okay though, I'll fight them until I get it. I will not give up. Watch out CIGNA!!!

Finally Approved!

I am finally approved for my BR surgery! I am so excited. I'm already thinking of all of the things that I need to do to prepare the house, and myself, before surgery. There is so much to do! Right now I have a tentative date of September 23. I am supposed to hear back from the hospital today to confirm the date and to also give me a time for the surgery. I was initially denied, then I wrote a letter to my insurance company. I received my approval letter yesterday.

Pre Op Appointment Set

My doctor's office called and gave me the date and time of my pre op appointment. It is on September 10. That is just around the corner! After that it will be only two weeks before surgery. I am SO excited. This is going to be a late birthday present for me since my b-day is the 7th.

Congrats! I just recently got a call on the 18th and I'm scheduled for September 8th. We are almost to the other side. Keep us updated!
Congratulations! You will be having surgery the day after my b-day. I really wish that I could post pics. I finally got me a new camera, but the only internet access that I have is at work, and I don't think that they would appreciate me uploading pics of my breasts. Can't wait to get to the other side and become a member of the IBTC!!!
Congrats to you also it's crazy to have not heard anything yet as far as any up front fees but I am not worried they can bill me LOL. It's no stopping me now they are getting the bulk of the money anyway from the insurance company. Maybe by our preop visits they will tell more. I am so excited and counting down the days.
I hear ya, lol. I'm ready for any cost that I may have to pay. I am so ready for this. My pre-op appointment is on the 10th. Next thing you know, it's going to be surgery day!
Woohoo! Congratulations. It won't be long now! Whoop
Did you get a reply from Cigna yet? I am a 32H and my surgery is on Monday. I was told, by a friend who recently had the BR, not to be surprised if I get denied the first time. Fortunately, I was approved right away.
Unfortunately, I was unable to get CIGNA approval because it was no longer a "covered service". It did not matter what the diagnoses was, they absolutely would not cover it. I now have BCBS of NC. I saw my PS July 2, loved her! They have submitted everything. I actually called my insurance last Thursday to make sure. They said that it was pending. I'm actually expecting a denial first go round. It would surprise me if they didn't.
I hope you get approved. It's frustrating when you have this problem, and the insurance company doesn't want to help you. Let us know when you hear back. Good luck
I will definitely keep everyone up-to-date. I'm going to be calling my insurance again tomorrow. It just surprises me that it can take them so long to decide whether or not to approve you.
I too have CIGNA and am waiting on pins and needles. PS office submitted paperwork on 3/24 and today went back to my PS with supporting letters from my PCP, chiropractor and massage therapist. Not sure what else I can do at this point other than wait...TORTURE!. I am currently scheduled for sx on May 6th.
Did you have the surgery yet? I hope all went well
I have CIGNA and got approved within a week of initial appointment with the PS. No hoop to jump through here. I hope you get the same treatment from them. Good Luck!
Wow, that was fast! I wish mine would get approved that quickly. The ANP that I saw said that they would also want me to stay overnight in the hospital. I guess maybe because I live an hour away. I also know that I will have to have drainage tubes put in. I hope to be able to go from my 32 HH to a nice full C or small D cup. I'm SO ready for some relief!!