19 Year Old Athlete Who Needs a Change

Hey guys, Im a 19 year old athlete from Toronto,...

Hey guys,
Im a 19 year old athlete from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am 5'6 , 125 pounds and a size 1. I am currently a 32DD and I cant take it anymore . The back pain is painful and the discomfort is excruciating. I feel so uncomfortable with myself because of my size . Looking back at my prom pictures , I can clearly see that my size is not proportionate with my body. It pretty much looks like someone like Mischa Barton with Dolly Parton's bust. So , after 3 years of deliberation, Ive decided to finally go through with my BR . The surgery date is April 24th. Im super scared but I know it will be worth it in the end. A few people have said ,"wait until after you have had kids "but honestly , having kids is the last thing that's on my mind, Im not even sure if I want kids. As selfish as this may sound , I dont think it makes sense to put my comfort on the back burner for something that might not even happen. This BR will be an early 20th birthday present to myself. I want to enter adulthood being comfortable with my body.
Ill be sure to keep you guys updated in April. If anyone has any comments , suggestions etc please feel free I need all the reassurance I can get .

XOXO

Just a visual

Im not comfortable with putting my breasts on the internet , so I just put a pic of me in a bra .

Getting Cold Feet ... well sort of

I've been reading some more reviews on here and eabrg659's review struck me. She said her doctor told her it would take 6 months to get back to her normal life. Now Im scared . I need to be back in the gym in 6-8 weeks tops. Was anyone able to return to working out within this time?

3 more days, im getting freaked out

Ahhhhhhh im getting so scared to the point where I dont even know if I want to do it anymore :/
Ill post pictures on operation day if I can muster up the courage to go through with it.

Today is the Day!

So I decided Im going to do it. Ive wanted this for too long to back out now. Pray for me y'all 4 more hours. I will update when I can.

I made it

I made it. Thank you God . I'm too scared to look so I'll post pics in a few days . I'm feeling pretty good , the pain is completely bearable so I'm not going to take the Percocet I was prescribed. My chest feels tight but I'm happy I made it . Dr. Kasrai was awesome I'd recommend her to anyone in Toronto. I'm srry if I'm rambling I'm still feeling the anaesthetic looool. Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words . I'm going back to bed but I'll be sure to update soon xoxoxo

Recovery process

Im 4 days post op ! yay!Everything thing is going smoothly. Im in no pain at all. Obviously i cant lift things and such but other than that Im pretty much back to normal. Sleeping on my back is the MOST uncomfortable thing EVER lol . I cant wait to go back to sleeping on my stomach. Also, I really want to take a shower . The whole sponge bath thing just isnt cutting it for me. The biggest issue Im having right now is ITCHINESS. My eyes are sooo itchy and the incisions are making me crazy; I really want to rip off the bandages and scratch them so badly. Im going for my first post op appointment tomorrow so Ill update after that .

First Post Op Appointment

Just got back from my first post op appointment. The doctor said everything looks good and I CAN FINALLY SHOWER! I still have to keep the tape on the incisions until my next appointment next week. Other than that , nothing is really new; I'm still super itchy though but considering the things that could have gone wrong but didnt , I have absolutely nothing to complain about. My breasts are still swollen but so far I am completely satisfied with the results.

Day 6 Blues

Today hasn't been going so well . I went for a walk earlier because I was tired of being couped up in the house . The only time I've been out was yesterday for my post op appointment. Turns out that was a bad idea . As soon as I got in I developed a horrible migraine , started feeling feverish and now I have chills . No bueno . I'm still grateful for how well everything went so I'm trying to keep that in mind. Hopefully tomorrow is better .

Second Post Op Appointment

Went to see Dr. Kasrai today . She said everything looks good so far. She took the stitches off from around my nipple but she left the others in for now. She wants to see me again in 5 weeks . Hopefully by then I get the okay to exercise . Im going to wait another week before sleeping on my stomach again . My breasts are still swollen and super tender and kind of sore to be honest . Pictures soon to follow.
Xoxo

taking a risk

Everything is going well thus far . Still a bit swollen and itchy but other than that I have no complaints . My next post op appointment is in 4 or 5 weeks so I'm going to take a risk and go 8 hrs away for the time being to attend this French program. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a horrible decision . I won't be doing any lifting or exercise , the most I'll be doing is walking so I think I should be fine ; I am over two weeks post op and I feel completely back to normal .Anyone else do something similar ?

another picture

Zingers Zingers Zingers

Everything is still going very well thankfully. Today , I finally experienced those zingers that I read about; theyre a little annoying , but nothing intolerable. Im pretty sore today but thats most likely because of all the walking ive been doing. Ive been looking at my breasts and they kind of look a little bigger than I would have liked . I know theyre still swollen but to me they dont look like a small C like I wanted. I really really really dont want to be a D.

So Uncomfortable!!!

My breasts have been sooooooo Itchy for the past 3 days. I clean them with saline every night and I take showers everyday so im not sure what is going on. Its getting to the point where its unbearable now . I try not to scratch because I still have steri strips on the incisions below my nipple but yesterday I couldnt take it and I guess I scratched a little too hard because when I checked them at night , the area I had scratched was hard and swollen. I hope this isnt a sign of infection. I literally want to scratch my breasts raw but I know I cant :(

Paranoia

So I noticed that one my left breast looks kind of off , like sort of lopsided and lumpy . Its not horrible looking but there is a clear difference between the left and right. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Little Update

Hey Ladies :)
I just realized I havent updated in a little while. Everything is still going very well. The itching has finally stopped ( Thank you baby Jesus!). Three nights ago, I got very fed up with sleeping on my back , so I decided to sleep on my stomach.. bad move ... very bad move. The next day I was pretty sore. Sleeping on my side is comfy, so that is what I have been doing for the last couple of nights.
I still have steri strips on like in the last pictures I posted . The good news is that I have finally gotten used to being smaller . I put on a top that made me look super Pamela Andersonesque, and it actually looked good for once. I was so happy!
As for not doing any physical activity , Ive not been following that rule so well hehe. I kinda sorta went on a 14km hike up a mountain yesterday . I probably shouldnt have done that but the sedentary life was killing me . My next post op appointment is on Tuesday, but because I am away at a French Immersion program, I had to postpone it until Tuesday June 17th. So , until then I will try not to do anything too stupid .

Bittersweet update

Hey ladies! I had another post op appointment yesterday and everything is normal BUT... apparently , the sports bra that I was wearing squished my breasts, so now 90% of each breast has reached normal fullness but one corner is like sunken in with scar tissue. If you look at the pictures I posted you can definitely tell. Dr Kasrai assured me that it is not a big deal and that I need to massage my breasts every morning and night with Aveeno lotion. She said they may take time to even out perhaps 6 months to a year :(. So for anyone about to get their surgery , make sure your sports bra isnt too tight.

Do I love the way my breasts look right now ? Not at all ! I think they look boxy and deformed but too be honest I'm not THAT upset about it because the situation will most likely regulate itself and if it doesnt there are things that can be done to fix them. Honestly , Im just happy to be active again and to be able to sleep on my stomach and side because back sleeping is just not for me. What are your thoughts on my pictures ? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Still no regrets

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in quite a while so I figured now is a good time to update you guys. My breasts are looking better and better with each day. It doesn't even feel like I had the surgery this year. My scars have faded tremendously and I feel a lot better about how they look. In my last post I mentioned the sunken sides caused by scar tissue , I have been massaging them and they look better but still not exactly how I want them to look. Dr Kasrai assured me during my appointment a few weeks ago that if I continue to massage I will continue to see results so Im not at all worried.

In other news, I have begun to feel both a stabbing sensation and a burning sensation in both breasts that Im a little worried about . Im not sure if the feelings are at all related to the healing process or if its something else. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

I will post pictures in a few days :)
Dr. Laila Kasrai